Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2023  (Read 147224 times)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
Re: Cheers 2023
« Reply #1155 on: November 20, 2023, 10:01:57 PM »

Hi LB, I just now read your post. Have had an exhausting busy day!!

First, excellent news that OT and PA said that wound has improved! Good about an urgent care in the area or teledoc. That's handy.

Good about less pain meds and you got Tylenol with codeine. I wonder why your pain in worse at night?

Good about OT and you getting in and out of shower. Stop rushing!! Pace yourself and don't try to do too much at one time. Yes please remember and execute her pointers! What am I going to do with you. Lol

Were you supposed to practice getting in and out of your car today? I thought an earlier post said that. Maybe that's next week or OT saw how tired you were with shower decided to wait a week.

Oh my heavens be careful with Copper. It's really very nice your sister and brother walk him. That's great!
Ummm may I make a suggestion? Don't try to walk him tomorrow in the back yard area. You do not want to trip or fall. Remember what OT said about you rushing. Don't try to do that too soon.

Cool and good about PT coming tomorrow and cane again.

I hope you get a restful night's sleep. You need it. Tell Copper I said to behave!!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1156 on: November 21, 2023, 07:13:40 AM »

Good morning  in and out of car is today I hope he did cange the appointment from 3 to 1100 and hopefully that will be before it starts to rain . well I only took 4 adil this morning  hopefully not bad.     
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1157 on: November 21, 2023, 08:55:39 AM »

Good morning  in and out of car is today I hope he did cange the appointment from 3 to 1100 and hopefully that will be before it starts to rain . well I only took 4 adil this morning  hopefully not bad.   
Good Morning,

LB, Oh okay today in/out of car. True hopefully not raining yet. It's just starting to rain here. It's moving eastward towards NJ so hopefully it takes longer to get to your area.
Good about 4 Advil.
Let me know how today goes with car.

Another busy day for me today doing things to prep for Thanksgiving. My 8yr granddaughter comes today for a sleepover too. Doing this to help my daughter.

Well better get a move on.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1158 on: November 22, 2023, 07:04:12 AM »

good morning Paulie  Miss you Jacaji

In and out o car success it was easy  did passaenger ide and driver side. Taking my first shower today probably when I a ready to get in my pjs so I dont have to change so many times lol   Today is my last day of OT   I start out patient pt next wednesday dr is Tuesday

Oh it wasnt advil it was Tylenol I took yesterday. All I know is I dont sleep well at all I wake up exhausted  Copper got hit with walker today sinnce he likes to get i my way and sneak up on me  I was turning around and poof he was there!!

Going to my sister for Thanksgiving. looking forward to getting out of the house for sure   

« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 07:15:38 AM by LBLNJ0668 »
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1159 on: November 22, 2023, 08:59:19 AM »

Good Morning Everyone... Happy Wedesday !   

Currently 52F mostly cloudy with a   High  60F  mostly sunny,  Low 43 F .

Hi LB  sounds like  you're making some real progress.  Congrats on graduating from OT. Poor Copper.  Not sleeping well---try some Tylenol PM instead.  They're blue caplets. And, have a mild sleep aid.

Hi Paulie you are busy! Will be fun having everyone together. And, look at all that help in the kitchen!

HAGD

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1160 on: November 22, 2023, 06:20:51 PM »

LB   Have your PT go with to see if you can walk Copper.  That's a very important functional exercise you need to be able to do.  What is the number of degrees your knee can bend?  Sounds like you are making steady progress.  :)

PUFF   goniometer   LOL
Chicagoland

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1161 on: November 22, 2023, 10:30:04 PM »

Oh my gosh what an exhausting day! Youngest granddaughter had sleepover here last night and here till late afternoon. I'm helping one of my daughter's with her lupus flare so she can rest. Today did more prep cooking and set up buffet etc so I don't have to do that tomorrow.

LB, Awesome progress! You've been waiting to take that shower for a while. I'm sure you enjoyed it. Maybe Copper getting wonked today will teach him to give you more space. Hope so! Enjoy Thanksgiving at your sister's. Agreed you're ready to get out of the house!

Quote #1

Phyl, Love the photo you posted. Yes to help tomorrow in kitchen .. especially the clean up!

Tsk, Hi there! Good to see you.

Puff

« Reply #1162 on: November 23, 2023, 06:56:41 AM »

LB   Have your PT go with to see if you can walk Copper.  That's a very important functional exercise you need to be able to do.  What is the number of degrees your knee can bend?  Sounds like you are making steady progress.  :)

PUFF   goniometer   LOL

Yep, you would know for sure.  Did you have/keep a souvenir from your former life?

P

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1163 on: November 23, 2023, 07:24:05 AM »

Happy Thanks giving Everyone

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1164 on: November 23, 2023, 07:39:28 AM »

Los o be Thankful for Another progress day.  I got my shower today and it felt wonderful!! The show spry is off th ehandle so it's easier to rinse but it felt wonderful anyway I cant wait to put the shower handle in its place so it so runs.  LOL

PT gave me permission to walk with cane in house for about 1/2 day.  The other half walker. MY last day with him is Saturday and we will take a short walk outside.  I think with cane. 

Tsk copper is not so happy with the PT he is iffy with stranger. I have to keep him locked in my bedroom when they come.  :( when I decide to walk copper it will be with walker at first.   When I feel comfortabe I will switch to cane.   Right now I just put leash on and stand and patio door and let him do his business.   I have  the poope scooper to pick up his poops.

I am not sur ein how much I can bend my knee yet.  WEdnesday I go to my outside PT They will do all the measurements then. I can bend down ad pick up some items with walker but left knee doesnt bend so much so I am  I think I would be able to bend down some with walker to pick up poop when I walk copper but going to give it another week or so.  I will attempt to pick up  first right outside of my apartment before I walk

I was going to use my cane a my siister today but deided to use walker  I will need it to help get down and up from toilet plus she has a little step to get to the living room  She has steps to get in house none with railing except theback yard to get to hr deck which I will be able to get into her house from back.  MY silly dad thought I can go through garage just 2 steps but no railings.  I told him no back yard  I need the railing. A little nervous with steps,  There is about 5.  I know I can do it I did the steps less than 24 hours aafter my surgery  in the hospital.

Eeryone have a wonderful day!! Happy Thanksging

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1165 on: November 23, 2023, 08:50:48 AM »

Wishing everyone a pleasant and blessed day.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1166 on: November 23, 2023, 08:55:50 AM »

LB, So happy for you with your progress. Be careful on stairs at your sisters. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1167 on: November 23, 2023, 10:39:34 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving Cheers Family and Friends!

Have a peaceful and lovely day!  :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #1168 on: November 23, 2023, 10:45:00 AM »

Yaaaaa - LB has her wheels back.  Little things can become so important, and appreciated.  Even Copper has his routine back.   ;D

There's something I never gave you clues about.  Stairs, cane, and railings.

Again, on my maiden solo trip 2021 (Greece), when knees were not yet replaced,  I took along my friend the stick.  Repeat reminder. . .ADA rules are not mandatory in Europe.  Praise God they do have millions of really nice/helpful people.   I Do Not Like my friend the stick.  It's a PITA (paininthea).  But it works.  Mostly it is needed to keep balance.  Or if you fall, I was given clues somewhere about using the stick to get back up.  That part I think is just so much hooey.  The  logistics of strength, balance, and grip angles I have yet to ace.  The walker I only used about 5 days, maybe a week, when I first got home after first knee.  Don't even recall using it for second knee.  I still use cane when I go to mailbox or get paper, for instance.  My other fun/neat change of getting around is when I feed the birds.  (3 water features, 7 feeders back yard, 3 feeders south side of house)  Very worst issue is safely walking across yard of grass.  Very unstable, uneven surface.  My big idea -- I got myself a 3 or 4 foot x 18" mini red Radio Flyer wagon.  ;D   ;D   ;D  Unlike the stick, Little Red and I get along famously.  I load up my many containers on Little Red, whose handle is then my replacement for stick.  I sure do get comments, don't ya know.  Adapting still goes on as I type this.

The other two points definitely go together, stairs and railings.  About 10-15 years ago my front cement approach to the doorentrance began to flake  (?) shale.  When I had it replaced, from driveway to the front door, the step it had was slanted smoothly into the door entrance.  Problem 90% solved.  Should have done something about the 1 1/2" uprise into the house.  My first handle was to help me handle the step, again a 1 1/2" step, to get from the garage into the house.  Honest, try that while carrying a bag of groceries.  Honest!  After living here about 40 years at that point I fell going out.  Better than stick -- two of the neighbor men each ran over and grabbed an arm and zip I was up.  :-*

And last, about the railings, I direct this to everyone reading this even if you don't have my years or LB's years.  Install railings whenever or whereever you have even the slightest uneasiness.  If you have anyone visiting, keep them in mind, and trust me someday it will be you.  And, if you're buying a residence of any kind, think about older visitors or yourself at 50.  My home was "no problem" for 40 years.  Things have and will change.

Enjoy your recouped freedoms LB!  Just remember........

P

karengramke

« Reply #1169 on: November 23, 2023, 11:09:06 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving Cheerios!
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 89   Go Up