Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2023  (Read 147225 times)

Puff

Re: Cheers 2023
« Reply #1170 on: November 23, 2023, 03:57:44 PM »

Different strokes, different folks, Phyl.  I had to do straight on before I got
discharged.  I could double step, but had to hold head up and face forward. 

Earlier I mentioned rehab techniques they used with me, and by the way with Ton, too.  Even though I'm normal ????? now, I still use the rail opposite the foot.  Right tsk?

P   

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1171 on: November 23, 2023, 04:56:45 PM »

Thanks about rail I got up the stairs by my sister I forget the railings were far apart. So now I'll remember use the railing on right and down with bad.  4 steps. The amount of steps at hospital. I'm already worried going down. Down is harder
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1172 on: November 23, 2023, 05:41:35 PM »

Hi LB, Paulie and jicaji.
 Hope y'all had a wonderful celebration with your families.
Congrats on your progress LB.  ;)

Here's to a 'Good Night' and SEDs.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1173 on: November 23, 2023, 06:38:17 PM »

PUFF   Yes I did keep my goniometer but have since given it to a friend's dtr who was in PT school ::)  No matter what side the rail is on it is always up with the good( angels live up in heaven) and down with the bad ( you know who lives down there)  LOL

LB   Keep up the good work.  Keep bending and fully straightening that knee.
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #1174 on: November 23, 2023, 06:58:45 PM »

Now that's something else tsk--

My hint was which side to rail, which depends on what leg (side) you start you used first.  But I don't recall ever being told UP use the best side first, DOWN use the poor side first.  Do think I have that right.

Best places to walk will have a railing or grabber on both sides. 

No railings to use?  Stay where you are!!!! ;D

P

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1175 on: November 24, 2023, 07:44:10 AM »

Good morning I survived the  steps down, Why are men are soooo........  #$$#@# LOL both my father ND bil wanted me to use the 2 steps in garage yea seems simple  but no rails and small.   or the 2 steps out front.   with no railings and the steps are like doube steps so high/stepp.  I guess fewer steps are easier but with no assistance  no no. maybe it is but I was not chancing. My niece helped me just held my arm and stayed close. she is a speach therapist but works in a rehab sente so she does assist people with walking,  Once I got the first step my fair went away .   Truth. the unknown is scary

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving..

Tomorrow is my last day with in home PT, we will be going for a shot walk outside with cane  I never had home PT but this place is very thorough. Quite imressed.  The only thing they didnt do is walk with dog but I went through this befor I did walk copper with walker and cane before but not with an operated knee.   I am able to bend some to pick things up from floor still havent tried poop. I will wlk coppe after he poops so he doesnt popp during walk so fast until I try to bend I dont need to have copper pooper scooper and walker/or cane  THats a scary though  LOL   Copper just needs to learn to have some patience   

Yep all I say is down with bad up with good,  My sister laughs at me,   LOL   Thanks puff and tsk for advise.    I do my exercises 3 times a day leg still swollen so it doesnt look like I am bending a lot but I am I hope.   I know next week. They will be working me hard!!!!   
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 07:46:23 AM by LBLNJ0668 »
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

Phyl

« Reply #1176 on: November 24, 2023, 08:59:30 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...TGIF !   

Currently 34F  mostly cloudy,  High  36F  partly sunny,  Low 30F .

Brrrrrrrr!

Hi LB Yep...you'll be fine just follow your PT's instruction.  ;)   Prayers continue.

Hi Paulie and jicaji- hope you & yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving and safe return home.
Not much chow left for us ... tomorrow should finish it off.
Jim and I are  turkey junkies. He more  than I---think out of my share of the gobble-gobble I'll make a turkey sandwich maybe 'club' style.
Still gotta have cranberries on the side.

Sauces bald eagle cam

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1177 on: November 24, 2023, 04:58:38 PM »

Gotta share gotta share.  PT came today one of his patients cancelled. we walked outside with walker. Earlier I took copper for walk while I used the walker.  He may walk slow but he does have the hound in him he wants to follow the smells he gets stubborn but does eventually give in and follows me after I do a little tug.    I  walked further than I intended and did bend down to pick up a  poop. I was hoping he would nt g obut he did. But I learned I can bend to pick it up.  I will do what I did today 1x a day for the nex few days or longer.  I will see how I fel.  Maybe then 2 2x a day but I think I may use walker for a week or so    we'll se how I progress

Oh and when I first started PT 2 weeks ago, I measured 45 degrees.   Today I am 95 degrees. right in range  :)

Phyl

« Reply #1178 on: November 25, 2023, 03:57:15 AM »

Good Morning !

LB tks for the update. You've made tremendous progress  ;)

Hi Paulie and jicaji

Sauces bald eagle cam

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1179 on: November 25, 2023, 06:20:32 AM »

good morning

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1180 on: November 25, 2023, 10:12:21 AM »

PUFF  Right - good people go UP  to heaven and bad people go DOWN to #$%%

LB   95 degrees = Great news.  :) :)
Chicagoland

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1181 on: November 26, 2023, 06:52:51 AM »

good morning. I walked copper yesterday with walker then I walked myself with cane, not far but did it to gain confidence in walking with cane outside. copper was so happy just to sniff all over. he wanted to go further of course but I wouldnt let him. I tried to explain why we cant walk further just yet.  lol

jicaji

« Reply #1182 on: November 26, 2023, 12:37:39 PM »

Hi everyone.

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving with family and a good weekend enjoying the leftovers :)  Now onward to the next :)

Phyl...I had my annual Thanksgiving sandwich....Turkey, stuffing, cranberries and a bit of mayo....Soooo good.

LB...Sounds like you are making great progress.  Gives me encouragement to get mine done.  Happy Copper is cooperating with you LOL and you're getting the help you need with PT, etc.

Paulie....Talk soon :)

Have a good week everyone

Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

Phyl

« Reply #1183 on: November 26, 2023, 04:21:39 PM »

Good Afternoon Everyone...

Currently 44 w/  heavy rain  High  47F sunny   and   Low 39 F .

LB- all good ones today. Making some wonderful progress and  Copper is happy. Take care.  ;)

Hi  Jicaji- your sandwich sounds tastey . Turkey just has to have cranberries  ;)

Hi Paulie- hope all is well. And, y'all had a wonderful holiday.

Here's to a 'Good Evening". And, SEDs.

Sauces bald eagle cam

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1184 on: November 27, 2023, 08:00:01 AM »

Good morning Good to see you Jacaj!!  The first 2 weeks are the touhest for sure like everyone says!! After that improvements happen fast!!! Just make sure good surgeon and good hospital.  My after care at hospital sucked. I will never go to that hospital again.   The only good part was PT and OT in hospital.  Maybe I'll go into more detail of my experience there.  Also, make sure your surgery isnt in afternoon!!!!! mine was suppose to be 300 and I didnt have it until 430

But Jacaji I recommend it.  I can stand for longer periods now than before the surgery and there is no pain standing!!!!!!!!!  Just need to get through the first 2 weeks and righ now that is all a blurr to me right now. LOL JUst keep up with meds and the exercises PT gives you!!

getting my badages off tomorrow and start PT outside WEdnesday Looking forward to that.  I am deciding when to start working from home either the week of  12/11 or 12/18.  I could go back now if I wanted to LOL I want to concentrate on PT for the first few weeks I know they will be giving me lots of exercises to do at home probably 3x a day and if I start working I wil put off the exercises.  Technically I have unil feb to go back.  but I am getting a little restless sitting at home but I did see a lot of good movies . LOL Copper is either going to kill me or himself he walks under the walker cand drags it around and is always getting in my way but he is so happy I am home. Hes not happy I took away the throw rug, it was getting  in my way.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 89   Go Up