Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2023  (Read 146810 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2023
« Reply #1215 on: December 03, 2023, 08:27:53 AM »

Good morning, sorry to hear about Jim Phylis hopefully a speedy recovery. Sorry about only the one car I understand nothaving transportation and you have to rely on others.   

I am doing tsk exercises to get the knee bending whiling walking. I get frustrated. knee is still very stiff and soon as I hit that block I stop. I know I must go on until I cant tolerate. My sister yells at me it takes time.  I think I am like my father want everything instant.   LOL  Day 4 with this stye.  I think it's improving a little.   I will go to urgent care tomorrow if not looking better.  the little white pimple s gone just swollen

Paulie, you needs leassons in how to rest.   I made my protein pancakes yesterday that was a lot of standing I did it definitly over did a bit

Paulie I am watching movies galore some ok some not so ok. LOL  Sleeping is getting better still hard to move positions its the calf that is the problem  That is really still too . go figure.  I am waiting for copper to allow me to sleep in .   
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1216 on: December 04, 2023, 07:09:11 AM »

Good Morning Everyone!   

Currently 57F  cloudy,   High  71F sunny,  Low 49 F 

Jim's much better. Thanks.

We spent all of yesterday evening and most of the night at St. Thomas Med Ctr E R.
I had a mishap, fell and broke my nose.
Details later –
Here are today's posts.
Taking my ‘glued ‘ together nose and going back to bed.
Have a good day.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #1217 on: December 04, 2023, 07:25:57 AM »

What???  Why did you do that???

No fun at all Phyl, I did that once in my younger days, probably 17 at the time.
Hope you're doing OK.  Just take it easy, don't bend down/over.  Pressure can be ugly.  Black eyes too?  Switch places with Jim taking care of each other.

P     

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1218 on: December 04, 2023, 08:34:32 AM »

Oh my Gosh Phyl.  so sorry to hear about your fall and broken nose!!! I hope it heals fast!!!!   Seems like something is alwas happening!!!
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1219 on: December 04, 2023, 06:15:43 PM »

What?! Oh my gosh Phyl! I'm so sorry you fell and broke your nose!

Please give up an update when you can. God bless you. I've begun prayers for you.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1220 on: December 05, 2023, 07:03:17 AM »

Good morning 

Phyl

« Reply #1221 on: December 05, 2023, 07:29:32 AM »

Happy Tuesday Everyone !   

Currently 36F    High  49F  mostly sunny,  Low 647F.

So glad I got some Christmas cards addressed and ready to go  before my ‘mishap’
Thanks for concern and all.

LB  nice to see you this AM; all good inspirations today. Thanks.  #3 in so many ways  ;)

Hi Paulie Jim back to work and I'm on my own feeling wobblely/off balance more than ever.

I'll have an update on my snoz ( LOL) a bit later

« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 12:28:47 PM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1222 on: December 05, 2023, 11:54:42 AM »

LB, How are you doing today? Copper behaving?

Agreed to all good today. #3 is favorite and absolutely true.

Phyl, So good to see you here. Good news Jim is back at work. You be very careful being on your own and wobbly! A walker would come in handy for you until you're more steady. You take care.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1223 on: December 06, 2023, 08:05:43 AM »

Good morning,   I am doing ok . From the knee down is still very stiff and hard tol move around. like when I get in shower and putting on my left shoe.  They say it will go away I hope soon. I know part of the healing process but I think it doesnt help with bending my knee

Phyl

« Reply #1224 on: December 06, 2023, 09:53:02 AM »

Happy Wednesday !

Currently 31F   High  41F  mostly sunny,  Low 31 F .

I'm good face the world and the doc this morning with just a fresh washed face LOL 
My eye glasses keep sticking to the Dermabond.  ::)

LB glad to hear you're doing better. Keep it all moving.

Hi Paulie LOL walker.

Here's the low down on what happened last Sunday evening

Update:

I have a fracture of the nasal bone close to the tip.  https://teachmeanatomy.info/head/osteology/nasal-skeleton/ Plus a 1/2' laceration just above that on the right hand side. Dermabond (purple-ish) was applied to that wound which had close up on it's own.    ;)  The Derma bond as some of you know is like a bandaid, and takes 72 hrs to 'cure'  until Thursday.  But, this morning,  I found a way to at least wash my face.

Sunday about 6PM, I tripped on the carpet in the spare room and the BPPV( Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo) pulled me on over. I put my hands out in front to cushion my face and smack right into the door's frame, the corner/ it's impact,  cut the upper R. side of my nose   and I 'broke' the tip of the 'the nose' . When docs say the nose they mean the bone that one sees on a skeleton. Not the cartilage .
 The impact of hitting the frame knocked me backward giving me a slight whiplash movement to my neck/head ---thew me down hard on my bum -- I landed with legs apart and hand holding my nose with blood running down my face and chin-- evidently I bit the inside of my lower lip. It's  a wee mess inside.

Jim heard the thud and came running up stairs. Got mad at me 'cuz I just sat there crying. A few questions later we were in the car to ER. Well, you how the rest how this goes, imaging CT scans of my head, face and neck ( to check my 'hardware' from 3level ACDF (Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion)of cervical spine). The wait for that reading was 90mins, etc back to room finally ER nurse on duty came in delivered a Tetanus shot.  Then some time later ER doc came in and tidy  up my nose  and Q-tipped the Dermabond onto my nose's  right side.  And delivered a litany of  restrictions for not making the fracture worse.
My discharge nurse told me the scans were fine save for the nose.
My nose dosen’t  look smashed in or  do I have black eyes ---well just from my mascara when  I woke Monday AM...raccoon eyes for sure. LOL
 Any one with allergies will know what they are  some of the restrictions are---sadly no Flonase up the nose or sinus flushing. I'm stuffy and a entire face aches with lots of sinus pressure extending up to my eyes.  Sleeping restrictions too.

I have Rx for Augmenten Clav875- 875mg/125mg tab twice daily w/food.   Plus a another Rx.  No pain meds as I refuse narcotic drugs. I have Ex- strength Tylenol and that will have to do.

The entire Rxs cost--- $0.16.   It’s because Publix has special pricing for certain antibiotics, some are  FOC (free of charge) others are discounted.

That's about the sum/total.  Save for me not being able to tolerate my eye glasses too long a time. Either sit on my nostrils or high above scrunchhing my eyelashes  against my eyeballs.

I have appointment w/ PCP today for follow Up and obtian a  referral to EENT.

Sauces bald eagle cam

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1225 on: December 06, 2023, 10:53:42 AM »

Good morning,   I am doing ok . From the knee down is still very stiff and hard tol move around. like when I get in shower and putting on my left shoe.  They say it will go away I hope soon. I know part of the healing process but I think it doesnt help with bending my knee
LB, Good that you're doing ok but my heavens this is a long process for you.
Did the crease where the compression bandage dug into your skin get all healed and better?
Also how's that sty in your eye? Improving I hope.

#1 and on my to The Flow in 3!

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1226 on: December 06, 2023, 11:04:49 AM »

Phyl, Holy mud that's quite a story about your fall and hitting your nose!! Sad that you were sitting crying. Of course because that had to be traumatic and hurt. Hugs.

Your ER visit and long waiting sounds exhausting. I'm sure you were glad to go finally go home.
Interesting that you broke the tip of your nose. Oh my that had to hurt.
Good that you were given Rx scripts. Wow can't beat that price!
Sounds tricky and annoying wearing your glasses. I hope you're resting off and on.
I'm wishing you a speedy full recovery.
Oh! A suggestion .. move if possible or use carpet tape under the part of the rug you tripped over. Be careful there in the future.

Please give an update on how your visit to PCP goes today.

Take care.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1227 on: December 06, 2023, 06:48:08 PM »

oh shoot  I typed a whole thing and it disappeared.  Lets try again. 

Phyl wow. Glad you didnt hurt yourself worde than you did!!!  I agree remove the rug or put tape underneath,  Er visit soundd fun!! NOT!!  Glad  you got that all out of the way.    I hope you have a speedy recovery for sure!!!

Paulie, yes the cut from the compression stocking is allbetter, well I havent looked but it doesnt bother me so it should be better.  I'll check later  LOL

I ended up going to the urgent care and she gave me Amoxicilian (sp)  The swellen went down after 2 pills. I need to take fo r5 more days .  Usually my stys go away just doing warm compresses but this time it didn't  weird

So I have a story about my torturous PT sessions.  uggh.  I know it's for the best and it's to help me and get the stiffness away so I am able to bend my knees easier but its pure torture for about 5 minutes or so.   I lay on my back on the table with knees up feet flat on table. she brings in my leg as much as she can even beyond what I can do on my own. Holy smokes!!!!!!!! she hold it in that position for about 3-5 seconds while she does that I close my eyes tight and hold on to the table for dear life.   She does this 2 more times then she lets me relax a little bit and we do it all over again 3 more times.  If she can she pushes in even further.    I never had so much pain during PT before . this is pure hell but if it helps getting the stiffness away and for me to bend my knee I will do it!!!!  I had to share the torture.  LOL   I do feel better afterwards   lol

Phyl

« Reply #1228 on: December 06, 2023, 11:19:51 PM »

Paulie and LB doc got called away so I saw her NP (nurse practioner). She's very nice and cautious. Jim asked her some questions that I knew professonally /legally couldn't anwer. I didn't hold her to the issue.  Importantly a referal to a EENT in Brentwood/Cool Spgs. Just this side of the city, who she and doc think mostly highly of professionally. So  will get a call from them.
NP did aread the ER report and a very, very, very  gentle exam of my nose---more like on the very very tip of nasal bone. Could have missed it altogher if more fortunate.

I still feel drained from the experience.
Now I have to do the finger to the nose  'thing' to stave of  a rash of sneezes.  >:(
Tylenol is a Godsend.

LB do glad to know that your compression stocking injury is 'all better'.   Share away!!  I can just picture you d uring PT.   

Paulie I had to chuckle at your exclaimation---"Holy mud!" I  love it.   The carpet is wall to wall. I had a pair of Classic Keds on and I just tripped on the carpet.  Go figure. Eh?

SED's ladies...

Sauces bald eagle cam

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1229 on: December 07, 2023, 07:48:34 AM »

Good morning  Glad you got a name of a good ent doctor Phyl.  I am sitting here watching the squirrels play and eat their peanuts and also the birds.     I think I am going to try and vaccuum and mop floors today  well not try I will do.   cloudy dreary cold day here.  oh I attatched a collage of my sweet Oliver.   It was his anniversary of his death yesterday IT's been 8 years   I remember each of those days in the photo like it was yesterday  :) UPDATE. I just looked outside and it's snowing,   Light snow wont accumulate
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 89   Go Up