Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2023  (Read 147237 times)

LBLNJ0668

Re: Cheers 2023
« Reply #1140 on: November 15, 2023, 07:28:03 AM »

What a delima with washer. glad your able to get a new one so quickly!!!!

I got a call at 400 pm yesterday about they need to come in today for an emergency repair today (paint job)  Back story

2 monthss ago when the apt got inspected. he noticed that the kitchen area could use repaint he asked if I wanted it I said sure if they are willing to paint.  2 weeks ago they called to set an appointmnet , they wanted to do it last friday this past monday I asked f we can do later since I was having knee replacement surgery.  We agreed first week in Dec.

o now they need to come today emergency.I asked how is a paint job an emergency repair. she said state is involved.  I agrued that I can barely get around we agrred first week in decembember she said the state is involved aand needs to be done tomorrow (today) I am so aggrevated.     and originally they said they need 2 days now it's only 15 minutes.  this  may get interesting.  OT is coming today and so is PT

I cant wait to get this compression sock removed it's digging into my skin. I am going to ask about it todaay
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1141 on: November 15, 2023, 08:51:15 AM »

LB, What in the world about your kitchen paint job?! You sure don't need that today. Agreed how can a paint job go from 2 days to 15 minutes?? Sounds like a quick fix not a thorough one maybe unless the shortened the time because of you recovering from knee replacement? State is involved? Interesting. I hope that doesn't mean lead paint was previously used.

Geez OT and PT are both coming today too. You are going to have a busy day!! Copper too being in your bedroom with door shut. He's going to be wondering what the heck is going on.

Let us know how everything goes. 

All quotes good today.

Phyl, Best wishes if today's the Wednesday your old washer is removed and new installed.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1142 on: November 15, 2023, 03:14:04 PM »

I think there i s more involved.    I think there may b a lawsuit  on another matter. There has been lots of contractors around fixing balconies.  Over the summer a balcony came falling down and someone or several people were on it.  They have been also cutting a lt of braches off trees during some rain storms  over sumer branches have been coming down.  Only if thyey would fix my ac.  LOL I will chck to see if work order is in pace if not I will put one in again

I had OT and PT today .  Now for PT instead of 1 set of 10 I now do 2 sets of 10.   ;D

OT cmaw and gave me another exercise to get my knee to bend she had me go into the shower and did not like it so I am sill banned from taking shower. so sponge baths it is.  She didnt lik eI didnt have my kneeds didnt bend too much  I had trouble putting on my sneakers a lot  was because  feet are swollen I am geting a better shoe horn handle to help   copper was in bedroom she still wants to see how I get in bed.  She also helped me and showed me how to fixe the compression sock. so now my legs feel better without it all digging into my skin She did put a call in to see if I still need to wear or if I can take the one off on my right foot . she did they they do help if they are on properly   so now I know what to do if they start falling down 

Pain is still there.   but not has bad. I expect it to hurt now  I idd a lot of work on the knees today got them really to bend as much as I can. Friday I will work with cane. I hope that goes well. 
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1143 on: November 15, 2023, 06:44:47 PM »

Sounds like you might be right about possible law suit with all of the work being done around and in your complex.  Maybe they're doing all of that type of work before repairing your A/C .. maybe closer to Spring when temp warms.

Good for you doing 2 sets of 10 now. Progress!

I didn't know it would take so long for your knee to bend although it has only been one week. Darn it to no shower. Sponge baths will have to do. Good that washing your hair yesterday made you feel better.
Was Copper a good boy while OT lady was in bedroom?
Good you got help and guidance with your compression sock.
Very good pain isn't as bad even though still there. Friday will be before you know it to work with cane.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1144 on: November 16, 2023, 08:27:36 AM »

Good morning didnt sleep welll last night   I rolled down comoression sock to give the area some breathing room to me its cuttin gblood flow.  its all dented.   I think I will be taking nap in bed later after my sister comes  by I think I need more rest.  I went down to 1 pill  . Going to be  64 today yippee

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1145 on: November 16, 2023, 09:36:41 AM »

Good Morning LB  :)

While reading your post I could sense your relief after rolling down your compression sock.
Agreed to you needing more rest. You've been going strong the past week. Thumbs up to a nap after your sister's visit.

Yes to yippee to beautiful weather and warm temp today.
I should get my leaf blower out today. Lots of leaf's are on the ground. Hmmmm is the proper spelling leaf's or leaves? Either way you know what I mean. Lol

All quotes are good today.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1146 on: November 17, 2023, 12:33:35 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...!   

Currently 63F   High  F    mostly cloudy  Low 61 F  clear skies.

And, I say "Good-bye"  to a really crappy week! :-*

I posted this yesterday:
Got a text message from Lowe's last evening with a Wednesday delivery  window of 1:15pm-5:15 pm . So as I mentioned we got busy last night and moved some things out of the way to make things easier for everyone.  This AM, I was just getting Maggie her  BP meds about 8:40 and my iPhone rang. It was the Lowes guys letting me know they'd be here within the hour. That was  alright as I was set for everything.
When they arrived I did a check of the truck to make sure the correct item was on the truck, it was.

However ...when the driver got upstairs and pulled my broken washer out he found water in the back along where the hoses and outlets were it needed wiping up...to my surprise  he tore off a wad of paper towels and cleaned it up. Which was wonderful. He cleaned his shoes on an  a big blotter as he left the room.

But the washer still had a good bit of water inside between the tub and appliance walls. There was no way to avoid spillage as careful as the guys were using
the harness and  support bands underneath the appliance. The hall carpet was soaked, again.  The risers on the stairs had  large wet blotches all the way down into the living room. I ended up blotting the water up and got the Bissell Little Green to clean/disinfect the stairs and back up to the hall doing the same  there. Once carpet was dry enough to walk on ---I brought the  Swiffer Wet Jet mop up and  mopped  w/ disinfecting liquid the laundry room floor . Once dry I began moving the laundry sorter/organizer (on  locking wheels) back in and the laundry basket of used bath towels, bag of our bed sheets/duvet cover. Put a load  in and etc.
 Went down stairs to finish with the carpet in front of the door.
 In short, unavoidably, I ended up doing the same work and then some as I did Wednesday. Didn't  get finish until 3pm.
But, it's all clean and back in order.  Had to laugh at myself because  as I  worked, I kept going back  up stairs to check on the  new washer.  :-[

Yesterday I did 5 loads and today I did 5 more loads. Tomorrow will be a regular amount.

Hi LB is your A/C still not working or do they have more work to do?  Sounds like you might be retaining fluid or not getting enough exercise. Wish I knew.
Sounds like you're getting improvement. Take care not to over do

Hi Paulie
  'leaves'  ;)

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1147 on: November 17, 2023, 07:48:24 AM »

Good morning, Once I fell asleep I slept good  I slept to 715.

Oh boy phyl in having to cclen up again.  I am sure you are so happy that is behind you

I rolld down my compresion sleeve this morning since that sems to be my biggest issue at this point.  wholly cow  My calf is bruised. taking it's normal from the trauma and blood thinners I am on  My goal today is to be allowed to remove the comression sleeves  I sent email to surgeon office with ohot of bruise  Plus OT and PT will be here today. My sister came over yesterday to help clean and remove the area rug it was causing too many danger zones 

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1148 on: November 17, 2023, 10:34:54 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...!   

Currently 62F cloudy,   High  68F and rain,   Low 49 F  clear skies.

And, I say "Good-bye"  to a really crappy week! :-*

{{{LB}}} agree calling doc on compression sleeve and chatting w/ PT and OT when they visit--your sis is invaluable.  Wow. For sure removing the throw rug. 

Hi Paulie

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1149 on: November 18, 2023, 08:59:57 AM »

Good morning 

Lots of pain but lots of progress today!!!!!  OT gave me like 5bexercises to do as well. mostly for upper arms but these exercises help with balance as well.   I'll be exercising all day log with the amount  I have to do   I was able to elevate my leg and put up on  a foot stool and thats how I am to ice my leg.   Just moday I couldnt lift my leg that high. Ot said its because no one showed me how  :( They didnt.  She got me to get up from couch without using my hands that forces me to bend my knee whie getting up. 

PT got me to walk with cane today 2 laps up and down kitchen. He was impressed in how well I did  Not allowed to do on my own yet. not safe enough just yet but by the time I am done with at home PT I should be using the cane,  Next week they will have me get in and out of car  and in the shower  Then I am done!!! The week after Thanksgiving I should start out  patient PT . I will call them Monday 

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1150 on: November 19, 2023, 07:19:59 AM »

Good morning  copper woke me up a 600 I could have slept longer for sure. 

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1151 on: November 19, 2023, 10:25:47 AM »

Been SUPER busy the past couple of days doing things outside and inside, errands, youngest granddaughter here and guys canned 54 quarts of sauerkraut yesterday. My kitchen stove and sink looked like it too when they were done!! House smelled good.

Phyl, Oh my heavens you had a heck of a week last week!! The new washer install then you having to clean up etc "again" had you frustrated and exhausted for good reasons. I'm sure you're glad that's done!! Me too for you.

LB, Good news about additional exercises, lifting your leg and walking with cane when PT was there.
Wow to this week they'll have you get in/out of care and shower!! Then you're done!! Whoa! I know you're looking forward to a shower!

Quotes
Yesterday #2 and #3 is cute.
Today #s 1 and 3

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1152 on: November 20, 2023, 07:52:39 AM »

Good morning 

I took it easier this morning and not so much pain  yep I was doing too much.  I tried to put my sneaker on yesterday and it fit so swellen is going down some.

I do hve a concern onof my leg behind knee from the compression sleeve,  THe compression sleeve was digging so had into skin it cut skin. OT looked at it friday and she told me just to keep an eye on it and ice it. I cant tell if it got worse. I think a blister developed and she said blisters aret good. I will have her look at it today.   It's not hurting it actually itches a little. Thank god they allowed me to take the stocking off.   

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1153 on: November 20, 2023, 09:09:43 AM »

Good Morning,

LB, Good about sneaker and swelling going down.

The area where compression sleeve dug in sounds concerning definitely. I think you should notify your surgeon's office and PT too maybe. Sounds like that needs to be looked at by someone other than OT. Itching of a wound usually means healing to me but don't know about why a blister forming.
I hope PT is coming to you today so they can look at it.

I hope all's good with everyone.

Have a good day. Take care.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 10:56:35 AM by paulie »

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1154 on: November 20, 2023, 07:50:22 PM »

Hi Paulie,  while I am up I figured I would give you an update.   Today the pain subsided a lot still there but only took oxy once and tylenole 1x I will take 2 oxy tonight the pain is the worst at time.  But basically I lessened the pain meds. I did get tylenol with codine as a refill but will only take that at night when the pain is the worse . Ot looked at the knee area where sleeve cut through. She said it improved. it's not as red and  not as irritated.  She said it's now just brusied.   I also sent photo over to PA and they agreed.  just to ice elevate and not to put anything on it for now.  I am seing them  a week from tomorrow. worse comes to worse I have a few urgent cares in the area.  Plus I have teledoc through my work

Ot had me go in and out of the shower 4x times today that was exhausted.  she said I am always in a rush, I need to slow down.  She suggested I wait for my shower until wednesday. she saw I was exhausted and was concerned soemthing would happen.  WE will do 1 more time on wednesday then free to take my showers.  She gave very good pointers. I just need to remember and exucute.  LOL

Copper wil be th3e one to hurt mem, he is always getting in my way waling through the walker and stops right in front of me  He is ruthless!!!!! Wants his walk my sister and brother has walked him   I figured I may try to walk him around the back yard area tomorrow  .  Pt comes tomorrow we will work with cane again. 

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 89   Go Up