Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2023  (Read 147243 times)

jicaji

Re: Cheers 2023
« Reply #1125 on: November 11, 2023, 12:36:03 PM »

Hi everyone.

LB 1

Kudos to you  Sounds like you're handling your replacement well.  My friend who I told you had the surgery said the PT was the worst part.  How long will you need PT?  I so need to get this done now on BOTH knees.  I'm sure it's bone on bone now.  Does the oxy take away most if not all the pain?

I'm surprised you're doing well enough to walk Copper outside.  Be careful please.

As I'm sitting I'm watching all the leaves fall.  Makes me a bit sad somehow.

We had a whole bunch of big old turkeys walking outback.  One seemed to be the leader and the others just followed in a neat line behind. 

Paulie, have a relaxing time at the cabin.

Enjoy the weekend all.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 10:27:50 AM by jicaji »
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1126 on: November 12, 2023, 07:25:00 AM »

Good morning Hi Jacaj. so glad to see you!!!

Oxy works a good 5 hours.   no pain when relaxing but sure makes me sleepy.   The worse part is getting up off couch/chairs and bed . It hurts then I still cant reaaly bend knee yet/  I have 5 exercises to do 3x a day.  I will see PT tomorrow He hasnt really worked on me just yet the first day was evaluation and he had me do the exercises I am to do daily. So I will lnow more tomorrow on the actaully PT part tomorrow.   OT will come next week to show me how to get in/out of shower dress( which I do now  anyway but hoping easier way I cant get my left sock on .   I havent gone  out to walk copper I stand at the back door and he goes. I cant even pick up the poop with pooper scooper yet. My siste rhas een doing that fo rme my brother wont he refuses to pick up poop  >:( He thinks he'sw hlping but he really isnrt . LOL he does bare minimum but in his mind he is oing a lot.  I give him credit he is here  . I see more and more my brother si for sure delisional LOL 

Copper wont walk with anyone else but me when I am here.  My sister forced him to go out I can see he jusg wanted to coe back to me.  I thinK will be able to walk out further outside to let hm out in a week and  I hope to pick up pooper scoop in a week. '

I am trying to do a sponge bath today  >:(No idea what I am doing but it shouldnt be so hard.  LOL Jacaji It is difficult but doable,    I am grateful my family stepped up and helpong I was so thinking they wouldnt

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

Puff

« Reply #1127 on: November 12, 2023, 07:59:54 AM »

Ahhhh LB I remember the bending of the knee protractor type doo-hickie.  Even the name gonisometer (sp?).  The figure 90 also comes into mind - had to bend as much as 90 degrees as I recall was the goal.  Am I right tsk?

I guess I totally skipped the socks problem.  With my claustophobia I very rarely wear socks.  But again, the acid test seems to be the car.  If you can manage to do in/out on your own you've reached a milestone.

Sounds like you're hitting the marks.  Sleeping is re-energizing which is good, which is needed.  Keep doing!

P

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1128 on: November 12, 2023, 08:17:28 AM »

I agree on the socks. Some folks, like my hubby, feel naked unless they wear socks. !?! I never wear them, unless putting good protective shoes on for mowing... or unless it gets below zero and put my wool ones on. Even in my snow boots, no socks. It is easier on my knees to slip them on and off.

LB... be sure to do the bending.
Talons crossed.  :D
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1129 on: November 12, 2023, 07:50:44 PM »

Today is a bad day today  I went down to 1 oxy instead of 2 and it hurts every time I walk. I am afraid to go up to 2.  I only have so much and hat  if I need more. would dr. subscribe more?  I am exhauseted too.  No I iddnt nap I probabl yshould have tomorrow I will.  I am also cranky.  I am just nt having a good day. I cant het comfortable sitting!!!!!!!!! I have my leg out knee not bend I cant bend it yet.  U I guess thats normal but I am so uncomfortable sitle. compression sleeve is driving my crazy!! MY legs cant breath@!!!!! Well PT is coming tomorrow not sure when
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

karengramke

« Reply #1130 on: November 12, 2023, 08:19:45 PM »

Lb. You have to stay ahead of tge pain!  What strength is the oxy?  What are the orders!  How often does it say you shoukd take ut?  Do take one before bed!   You need to sleep!  Do not push yourself so hard!   Talk to the pt person tomorrow and call the  D office to see what they suggest.

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1131 on: November 13, 2023, 07:21:03 AM »

Good morning  It's 5 mg of OXY. Directions 1-2 pills every 4-6 hours.  I w taking 2 5 hours that worked but I tried to cut down to 1 every 5 hours.   . I only have enought for 7 days and not sure if they will refill. but 1 isnt issnt working or I am doing too much   At the hospital they wouldnt give me b4 6 hours.   But told me to keeep ahead of pain go figure.  I take 2 for bed. I may just try 1 . I dont want to get addidcted either 

jicaji

« Reply #1132 on: November 13, 2023, 11:00:08 AM »

Good morning....

LB, what if you call the Doctor and explain that you are in pain,  having a problem sleeping because of it, and see what he recommends.  Maybe a different pain med???  I'm really sorry you are in alot of discomfort.  I hope PT helps and you feel less pain soon.
Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. Martin Luther King Jr.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1133 on: November 13, 2023, 04:45:59 PM »

{{{Hi LB}}} So sorry you're have issues with you pain meds. Have you read your label on the bottle? It will say if there are any remaining refills and how many. If the label says there are refills- just call the pharmacy the Rx is filled by and ask for one. If the label says 'No Refills. Dr Must Authorize' then you'll have to hash it out the your doctor. Maybe ask for an alternative drug. At any rate  tell them that you're not resting at night.
I'm sad to read that your home front isn't working that well for you. But,  at least your sis seems more obliging and in tune with what you need. Poor Copper. It's all a mess in him mind ,he just wants you back and things 'normal'. As you do you, I'm sure. 

All the posts from Puff, Karen and Tig are from those who've suffered it all themselves.  Who better to hear from? Eh?

I  have been thinking of you. Just, sorry to say,  overly occupied  as our washing machine malfunctioned  --didn't cycle properly during the rise cycle and all. Which flooded the laundry room , about 2"standing water which wicked into the hall carpet.    Details for another time .

Prayers on going for you and Copper.  Sure hope you get more rest and get some pain meds on a regular schedule. I think if the meds make you sleepy  just give in to that.  The body needs rest to heal and grow strong.  A steady flow of pain meds will actually inmprove your healing.   :-*

Phyl  ;)

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #1134 on: November 13, 2023, 07:14:25 PM »

LB  Just two quickies -- I remember 2 pills three times a day the first week.  Only been 3 days home so far for you.  Also, sleep is good, going outside ?  not so good.  Rest and no apologies warranted.

P

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1135 on: November 14, 2023, 08:44:59 AM »

Good Morning,

Returned late yesterday from cabin. Awesome weekend.

Yesterday PT went to LB's place. She said he said she's "doing really well" and gave her two more exercises.

Hi jicaji, Karen, Tig, Puff and Phyl.
Great advise and suggestions to LB.

Phyl, Very sorry about your washing machine. You definitely did not need that!!

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1136 on: November 14, 2023, 09:14:26 AM »

Good morning, sorry about the wash machine Phyl.  THat sure does suck.

PT was good he  thnks I am doing good.  I see him wed and friday. Friday he is going to itroduce the cane to me to see how I do.  Doesnt mean thats where I will end up at the end of the day   LOL     Ok I di dspeak to doctor they will renew the script but I have to pick it up since ints a narcartic.  My sister will pickit up for me and drop off at pharmacy. hopefully she will pick up or wait for it.  Shes come by today  to help around the house.  I started laundry  I know dont yell at me.  but she will put away. I started dishwasher she will put away  I am icing now and will rest.    I am pleasantly surprised my sister is around for me and so grateful.  I wanna do something for her.   I guess that is why I did as much as I could with the laundry ,   OOOh I just realized I am a lot more independant than I thought I ws.   I know I cant vaccuum I will have her do that.   LOL   Thanks for your advice. 

Oh the doctor said they would do tyhlenol with codine if I couldnt get to th eoffice for script.  they would be abe to call that in to pharmacy,  I am foing to rest or at least try

My father came last night with his girl friend  he was impressed how well I was walking he saw much improvement from when I was in hospital,  He was there when I was walking with pt there.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1137 on: November 14, 2023, 10:30:07 AM »

Good Morning Everyone !   

Currently 43F and clear;   High  41F sunny,  Low 61 F Clear skies

Yesterday PM I stirred/chopped a batch  ( just shy of a quart ) of salsa for us. Had been a while and it makes a low fat/calorie
snack w/ tortilla chips. I'm always the last to turn in and I thought,  well let's check to 'see' how well the salsa had meld it's flavors.
That stuff will torch the tonsils, blaze a trail down the esophagus  and burn a whole in your gut.

Hey! {{{LB}}}
Will  definitely be a good day for  you! So very happy your family is turning out for you. Esp your sis. Maybe a gift card to her favorite hair/nail salon? Or a treat to a dinner out w/ her hubby? 
Tylenol w/ codine works as an alternative.
Inspirations are good ---esp #s 1 and 3 IMHO

Hi Paulie! glad and relieved y'all are home.  Thanks for LB update  ;)

This is what and how on the washing machine 'issue'. I just cut/pasted a few separate posts to make this one narrative.

Wednesday unknown to me at the time--for some reason, now washer  doesn't know when to shut the water off  during cycles.   The little chime it's suppose to make when the load is finished didn't go off. ..because it didn't cycle properly . So. ..bad knees and all, I   plodded back upstairs to check--- what a surprise I got !   It flooded my laundry room in almost  2"  of water that wicked  about 2' into the hall carpet. Springing into action... kicked my shoes off and darted in , stretched myself beyond Nature's capability across the machine that was rolling  water down it's front.  And manually shut the water lines off.  Stood there for a millisecond  saying a plethora of curses.  Put the machine into 'Spin' only cycle to drain the drum...Went back down stairs to fetch the Wet/Dry vac and upright Bissell carpet cleaner  bagged the wet/dry vac and with them both in tow plodded back up stairs... made quick work of the clean up.
Now wasn't that fun?
So with Black Friday sales will be researching a replacement I never planned.

Anyway...bought the same washer mfg. / model and of course in white.  Saved over $300 with Black Friday and other discounts to
Delivery time in a phone call on Tuesday night...etc. for Wednesday delivery .

Had a chat with the Lowe's fella on the floor and he agreed it was the 'mother board' and the wires between the tub/drum had gotten soaked with the over flow. Evidently I did all the 'right things'.  :)

My other concern is how to keep my house 'dry' when they roll it down the stairway. Hope they will accommodate me with putting some absorbance  pads on the dolly and they, as much as possible set the appliance on top of that...so sick of water.
Still dealing with water draining from inside the washer. between the 'tub' /drum and the inner appliance walls. When we got home Jim lifted the machine and I  sopped the water up from  of the drain/spill pan repeated this several times. Was still dripping water. But a check before turning  in Sunday night  revealed no drips .
But will still ask the delivery/setup fellas to put the absorbency pads on dolly as they roll the old LG down stairs

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1138 on: November 14, 2023, 09:21:42 PM »

LB, Today's one week since your knee replacement. Last week at this time you were back in your room trying to get a nurse for pain med then the morphine didn't help you. You've come a long way!! Be proud of yourself!! Good news about your meds. Also good news about introducing the cane Friday. I thought the use of a cane was at 2 weeks. Like you said, you do what is best for you.
Your sister's visits and helping you shows her love for you. Your father is a sweetheart.

I hope you get a more restful night's sleep tonight. Remember tomorrow morning don't do as much.  ;) :)

Quotes 1 and 2. I might print out #2. It's very good.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1139 on: November 14, 2023, 09:32:25 PM »

Phyl, Oh my heavens!! As the saying goes, "When it rains it pours." No pun intended regarding the water!!

You definitely sprang into action! While I was reading about your reaching to turn off the water I was concerned about you standing in water while the washer was still connected to electrical outlet.

Your body joints sure got a work out reaching, bending, knees and up and down stairs with the Bissel.

Very good news about your Black Friday purchase. I'm surprised this happened with an LG appliance. I like LG's too.

So tomorrow Wednesday is when your new washer is delivered?

The removal/delivery guys will take care of removing that broken washer I bet. I also believe you'll be sure they use absorbency pads. That's important I agree.

Let us know how the removal and install of the new washer goes.

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 89   Go Up