Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cheers 2023  (Read 147265 times)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
Re: Cheers 2023
« Reply #1110 on: November 08, 2023, 09:22:56 AM »

Good Morning,

LB, Good to see you posting here. Good also you got some deep sleep and that your pain is a bit better today. Good about upcoming PT. That's important. Another night there sounds like good to do.
There's no place like home. I'm sure Copper misses you too.
Good luck with PT and hoping your hospital meals taste good.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1111 on: November 08, 2023, 12:00:02 PM »

Good Morning Everyone...!   

Currently 53F w/ clear skies. And, feels like 48F   High  63F sunny,  Low 48 F

{{{LB}}} great to hear from you. Pain and lots of it is to be expected---your body went thru an enormous amount of intrusion and activity with the
surgery. It's also part to the healing process.  You are so brave.
Hang in there girl---you're half way there. Recovery will take time. Don't be like me and 'rush it'.  ;)
Wishing you all the best in the days ahead.

Hi Paulie   and jicaji

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #1112 on: November 08, 2023, 12:36:58 PM »

Lb, sounds like a normal surgery and expected pain level,   Take all rhe pain meds you are offered!  Good luck with rehab!   The pain will go away and you will be left with great walking!

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1113 on: November 09, 2023, 08:09:15 AM »

Good Morning,

Good news LB is returning home today. She has a story about yesterday she'll tell you about at some point. Also a family member will be staying at her place tonight.

Hi Phyl and Karen

Phyl

« Reply #1114 on: November 09, 2023, 08:58:48 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...!   

Currently 51F mostly sunny High  77F sunny,  Low 51 F  .

Great news for LB !

Thanks Paulie for the update.

Sauces bald eagle cam

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1115 on: November 09, 2023, 05:08:19 PM »

Hi Just checkin in real quick will share stor from yeterday tomorrow when I am more awka I am tired. my brother took me home he left for  bit but my suister than came. over she just left but sh eput me through a work out. she ha me go out back where copper would go to the bathroom to see if I can handle the little step  with walker Copper was climbng all over me when I was doing this I guess he was all excited cause I was home and a stranger was over. He is usually not like this .LOL   
The hardest thing to do is gettin gup off couch  I put pillow down nd a foam like seat cushion that makes it a little easier. but I can really bend my knee so it make it  dificult.  It take sme a whie because I know  it's going to hurt so I hve  lot of hesitation but I force myself to do it cause I hvem to.  I just took copper out back on my own A+. 

OK I will tell you story.  i hope it's the right story Paulie was thinking about. LOL   My father came to  cisit me  No pick me up.  I wanted to stay at the hospitsl snother night cause first of all. I couldnt pee on my own and they said they could rleesse me until I pee on my owm Plus I wasnt comforable going home jut yet.   So PT came around 400 to work wit me gain and told me she got dischage paper work fo rme. she asked if I was being dischrged.  I said Not that I kno wof so she got the nurse and she said I was.  I wa slike what?? I told you all day I wanted to stay did you  communicate thsat to the dr? Also, how ca n I be discharged if I havent peed on my own.  She said I would be leaving with a full time catheetor.  I said NO I am not.  How will I pee on my owwn with that insirted?  Finally by 600 thye agreed I can stasy MY poor father wanted to leave befor he got dark h got stucjk in the middle of russked them how would hav I gotten home if he nnever game to visit me.  !!! The nurses suckd. I had to ask 3x for pain killers.  by then I was throbbing  Never going to that hospital again!!!  The pt people were great!!! the but the nurses sucked!!

hmm another long post LOL  I am sure there iis more to say but therei alwasy tomorrow.  OH PT aand OT are coming tomorrow.     Updat I decided to not have my brother sleep ove rafter checking to see if I can handle everything on my own with bed nd copper.   theey been hre 3 days he told me to caall if I need something  I think I will be ok 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 05:17:50 PM by LBLNJ0668 »
"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au
New Jersey (south Jersey)

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1116 on: November 09, 2023, 07:10:55 PM »

LB!! Your nephew was supposed to stay there with you tonight!  Okay. I'll be quiet. You have to be worn out exhausted. It's good your brother said to call him if you need anything. Good too your sister came to see you today. You know your father is worrying about you too.
I'm glad your family came together to help and check on you.

Honestly you are probably enjoying the silence again because you are worn out.

Good to you giving yourself an A+ taking Copper out on your own. You be very careful!

Yes that's the story I meant about you being told you were being released yesterday. The point is they were going to release you when it had not yet been 24 hours since your surgery since it began later at 4:30pm the day before and release with a full catheter. I'd never heard of doing that before. Plus you were not being given your pain meds on a regular basis and your pain level was very high. I think you made the correct decision saying you needed to stay last night.

Good that PT and OT are coming tomorrow. Like you said earlier today, "You are now in control of taking your pain med." Good that you'll keep up with that to keep up on the pain. You please rest tonight and hopefully you get a much need good night's sleep. Tell Copper I said that too.  ;)

Oops Darn I forgot to read the quotes. Will now .............
LB #1 is for you. You went for it. You experienced it. Now you make sure it ends good.  :) You will!

« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 07:13:42 PM by paulie »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #1117 on: November 09, 2023, 08:04:26 PM »

LB...
Years ago, I broke my wrist the week we were watching the grandpups. As they would sleep on me, I made lots of puppy whimpering noises... so they would understand there was something wrong and be gentle around me. It worked.
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

« Reply #1118 on: November 10, 2023, 04:19:01 AM »

LB so glad you're back home and your family is there for you. The having to potty on  your own after surgery is a standard 'thing' for hospital discharge.
I bet Copper is so happy you are home.  ;)
Do take the utmost care when you are out-of-doors!
And, don't try to do everything ...you have family and they're willing to help. If you don't ...they might not offer or help anymore.

Hope you had a good night's rest and all.

Sauces bald eagle cam

Puff

« Reply #1119 on: November 10, 2023, 06:25:41 AM »

LB  One thing may have been mentioned but not stressed enough is the phone. 

My neighbor watch dogs when I lost Ton started "watching out" for me.  They of course were concerned.  House too big, sell it - You can't do this/that call them for help - Two of them actually invaded my bathroom as I was blowstyling my hair because I wasn't answering the phone or  doorbell.  Carry a phone, call me, don't over work yourself, etc etc etc.  We know it is well meant and honest caveats.  But we do have to take things to heart.  It's irritating and degrading, it's so terribly disappointing - but IT IS VITAL.

I've never quite mentioned my June episode.  Went out to start some picking up of the outside area.  Starting by rescuing the paper thrown down at the end of the driveway.  Wham - I couldn't breathe.  Sat down on a chair in the garage.  How sever does that have to be?  Stupid I told myself - 911.  Less than 5 minutes for them to show up.  Right down the road, I was still on with the phone help.  Started shoving oxygen tubes everywhere and given injections.  It was 6 days at hospital.  Obviously they all did their jobs.  I made it, and it wasn't just luck.  Yes, I had taken the suggestions from all but I had to acknowledge the obvious - I needed extra help and I needed it fast.  I also took as a msg from that Guy above.  If I'm smart HE will take care of me.  We have to be wise by someone else's rules, not just our own. 

Last week I did 2 followup appointments; one more this week.  I was slapped into reality by the cardiologist's comment - we almost lost you.  Great doc, head of cardio at my hospital, great person, my doc for 20 years.  He looked me hard in the face  "Too many of us in your life don't want to lose you."  Be smart, be careful, and pray for all help in getting through these hard parts.

Darn I'm glad I made it.

Then last week he told me he is retiring!  He planned on 65; in 2024 he'll be 67.
 He said he (and I'm sure his wife/family) is going to take his own advise.  See, doctors can be double smart.  Next checkup I was asked to bring some materials on destinations about which we had talked.  He loved the travel logs I'd given him  when he asked - OK where were you this time. - Part of my checkups.  LOL

Moral is all of us have to be smart and ENJOY!.

P
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 09:42:04 AM by Puff »

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1120 on: November 10, 2023, 08:20:29 AM »

Good morning  I slept to 600 copper woke me up wsell I was up but I just wanted to lay there still. Copper was very patient ith me since I am so slow.   
Sorry to hear about your heart incident Puffm that must have been scar,  Did your dr recommend a new dr for you since he is retiing. 

Oh Paulir i was my decion not to have my nephew to stay over  hes a little  The came by this mrning n their way o work I asked him to help put my socks on , He got my socks and gave them to me, I wa like no put them on  lol  I am tired for sure the oxy.   I can use a nap.  Oh I just made a cup of coffee .  usually ts the first thing but not todday.  Its in my travel mug with lid easier to transport 

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" www.edgarsmission.org.au

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #1121 on: November 10, 2023, 10:35:20 AM »

Good Morning,

Puff, I'm sooo glad you are okay after that scary incident. Excellent advice about phone.

LB, Very good you got some well needed sleep and rest last night. Good boy to Copper being patient with you.
Very nice your brother and nephew came by this morning. Lol at him handing your socks to you.
Mmm Mmm to morning coffee. Good idea to travel mug. You've got things covered.

All quotes are good today.

Well we got the Jeep returned out of the shop. Mine is in now for repairs. One down and one to go. Thumbs up.

We're heading to cabin.
Take care everyone.

Phyl

« Reply #1122 on: November 10, 2023, 02:05:29 PM »

Howdy

Oh Puff! didn't realize what all you had on your plate. I'm so sorry...do take care.  Miss you in Beakroom.

LB
so glad you got some good 'shut-eye'. Copper senses you're infirmities  and will give some TLC. Funny socks w/ your brother. I just picture that.

Paulie safe travels this weekend and all. Look out for those moose.   ;)

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #1123 on: November 10, 2023, 07:09:44 PM »

Amazing rehab, LB!  They say tge third day post op is tge worst so do take care!   Do nottry to be a heroine! 

LBLNJ0668

« Reply #1124 on: November 11, 2023, 10:42:30 AM »

GOOD MORNING  Sleep is nol probleem  LOL  I selpt to 7:15  It took me 1 1/2 hours  to 2 exercises in bed (might as well do it while laying down) get out of bed get changed and go to bathroom , make my protein shake, coffee, then let copper out. He is not so sympathic anymore was whining ll morning to go for walk I think he just relized it's not happening. lol  JUst let him out for 3rd time.  My sister is coming over in a little bit I told her to walk him regardles..  He tends to not want to walk with anyone but me when I am around.     

Today is rough  Oh I started exercises pt gave me yesterdY  I also reduced to 1 oxy. I ddi take 3 davil an hour ago (I know I need to be careful with that as well , blood thinner, but I am slos on a blood thinner to prevent blood clots)  I am do for another pill 1-2 hours. I am icing now.  feels a little better.

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 89   Go Up