Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 499917 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11070 on: November 11, 2023, 10:33:01 AM »

KB... just one foot, I think. Yes, I did not see any of Stevie's set. But, that did not bother me.  :o  I would have liked to stay for Billy, but, I figured it would have taken hours to get out after the concert. And yes on the talking, dancing, encroaching on others' space. I saw James at the Guthrie years ago. Very nice venue. Just him. Acoustic. In 2021 w/Jackson Browne at the Excel, we had seats in approx. 4th row. Nice.

This walk up only DQ on Lexington is "ours" !!! Just a few miles away.  https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/minnesota/oldest-operating-iconic-restaurant-state/

There is another even closer, but is also walk or drive up only.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #11071 on: November 11, 2023, 11:25:51 AM »

Very cloudy dark day  and cooler , in the seventies!
Very nice Veteran’s Day remembrance at 11:11.EST, this morning!
(((Bl)))
Clynn, I also salute your mother, one of the many unsung persons who served as well, supporting your father, and raising a successful family!   Not an easy job for these unsung heroes!
Tig, it has been a long time since I have had the slightest interest in attending something in a big crowd in a large venue!
Old Guy, thanks for the history of Dairy Queens!   Makes sense!

« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 02:52:06 PM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #11072 on: November 11, 2023, 11:31:18 AM »

Happy Caturday, Beakers

oldguy - Thanks for the videos.

baz - Great job on the 50 minute walk!

tsk -  I can see your sneaking back up those stairs with your treat!  ;D

E4E - Wow, what a combo of pets you are looking after for neighbor. 

BL - Very nice of you to take that oath to keep Ralph.

Phyl - Thanks for the 365.

clynn - Thanks for the collage.  Thanks, Jeff is glad the software update is done, too.  I remember you talking about your software update.

tig - Big hugs for you both being in pain.  I had plantar fasciitis in both feet, so I can relate to Camper.  I wore the boot, went to PT, and none of that helped.  I ended up getting surgery on both feet a year apart, as it took that long for each foot to heal. 

kb - Oh no, you too with plantar fasciitis!

Lani - Love the soldiers with their cats.

karen:D

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11073 on: November 11, 2023, 12:06:29 PM »

tig, a few years back we had floor seats for Elton John. I was so excited to get them! Then everyone stood up, like you said, for the whole concert. I will never again get floor seats.  :o :o Glad to hear someone took care of you!

Lani, love all the Military kitties especially the soldiers in a line, the ginger kitten on the end! ! Here are a couple of Ukrainian Military cats:

tsk, I do most of my shopping online these days! I go to Kohl's often but also order online! A lot of Amazon, Chewey. I like that I can shop for the best price but always consider the shipping! Still smiling about your clandestine DQ...  ;D

Lisa, cute Caturday Kitty!

karen, yes, Mom is a trooper! She has been working on a scrapbook and photo album of my Dad's military service, it keeps her busy! Next is a photo album of all the trips they took when our English friends Janet & George visited (19 times they came to Illinois from England). They went all over the United States!

I just know you all were waiting for this one!

Lani, I just saw this and thought about you!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #11074 on: November 11, 2023, 12:21:03 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1723334632832204845

Off topic but really good to know!
This is the Svalbard Global Seed Vault
https://t.co/wYwJOOTby8

It's in Norway built into  a hillside. It safeguards more than 1.2 million seed samples from around the world. It's purpose is to be a backup of every plant on earth with room for millions more.

The mountain mass has permafrost, with a stable temperature of between -3 and -4°C. The seed storage area has an additional cooling system, to bring the seed storing temperature to minus 18°C and ensure that it remains constant. Electricity for the Seed Vault is provided by the public power plant in Longyearbyen. In addition, the Seed Vault is equipped with generators that provide electricity in the case of a power outage.

Very cool!

Yes, Lisa - so sorry you had to resort to surgery....for my age it most likely is due to loss of the fat pad at the heel...For now, I know what to do to ameliorate it a bit, but would resort to cortisone injections first. My age ya know!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11075 on: November 11, 2023, 12:25:12 PM »

TIG   So sorry that was such a bad experience.  Have gone to Bears games over the years and everyone stands for the whole thing.  I was even much younger then.  No thanks.   Hope you can rest up today.   WOW  you have access to the oldest DQ - Cool.

LANI   Such a great story about cats in the military.  Thanks  My favorite photo is the last one.  Awwww

LISA   I had a PT who cured my plantar fasciitis in 6 sessions.  Got to find one who specializes.  This was through Athletico  just a few blocks from me.

CLYNN    That was such a delicious Snickers mini blizzard.  ;) ;)   Gotta pace myself - Maybe another one next week  LOL   What a life your mom has had.  :o    What an eye opener on the nuts - I knew 2!!!    WOW  yellow jackets hole .
Chicagoland

T40cfr403

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11077 on: November 11, 2023, 03:43:54 PM »

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!  :)  :-*

« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 03:50:04 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

clynndunn

« Reply #11078 on: November 11, 2023, 03:47:52 PM »

Awwwwww, ..... https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzT7NGTrOeB/

Turn on the sound, they're snoring...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 03:49:39 PM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

baziunc

« Reply #11079 on: November 11, 2023, 03:51:26 PM »

Awwwwww, ..... https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzT7NGTrOeB/

Turn on the sound, they're snoring...

CLYNN, how sweet are those puppies! :D :-*  And I just saw the ducks on my 3rd replay!!  :D  :D :-* Thank you for continuing to post the Beakers' photos of their family and friends who served in our military!  :-* :-* :-*

P.S. In your 2nd collage of those, do you remember who is the 2nd photo from the left on the top row, next to my father? I know I have seen who it is before, but the name is missing on it, and now I can't remember who it is.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

clynndunn

« Reply #11080 on: November 11, 2023, 03:52:29 PM »

baz, it's Blschue's dad, somehow the picture slipped down and the name was covered...

baziunc

« Reply #11081 on: November 11, 2023, 03:54:32 PM »

baz, it's Blschue's dad, somehow the picture slipped down and the name was covered...

CLYNN, oh, thanks! And thanks to BLSCHUE's dad's service, too!  :) :-*

LisaG1967

« Reply #11082 on: November 11, 2023, 04:24:40 PM »

clynn - You find the most interesting things to post!  ;D  November Nuts...LOL

tsk - Wow, I wish mine would have been cured in 6 PT sessions.  I have never been able to wear any other shoes but Dansko's since the foot surgery. 

T40 - Thanks for the videos.

baz - Waving to ya!

Have a good night, everyone!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11083 on: November 11, 2023, 04:33:35 PM »

The  United Kingdom's  world famous and  lovable  ginger cat,  Street Cat Bob of  Covent Garden, sends his most
heartfelt  Veteran's Day greetings  to all the US vets  who either returned home or went 'Home' beyond the horizon.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11084 on: November 11, 2023, 04:55:22 PM »

T40    I must say that cat dominos was very cleverly edited.  I loved it.  Very well behaved cats was what we saw.  ;D ;D
What a cool "Now and Then" Beatles video.

CLYNN    LOL  snoring - cute  :)

LISA   That PT was amazing.  When I was in PT school - plantar fasciitis was not even a word we knew.  This gal used this tool on the bottom of my foot like a scraper - It hurt but along with that I had ultrasound and  lots of exercises to do as well.  I tried the most non invasive thing first...Guess I was lucky.

We tackled the leaves this afternoon for about an hour.  Hope he can just get the rest now with his mower when that is repaired.
Chicagoland