Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1009854 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5805 on: June 08, 2023, 07:54:25 PM »

Yes, I never leave my purchased potted plants in the plastic containers and soil they come in.

I always remove them, purchase potted plant liners and add good soil like miracle grow potting mix....and hang in a different open wired hanger...

Not sure where our nursery plants come from therefore the soil...but above never fails.... annuals.

BrokenLug

« Reply #5806 on: June 08, 2023, 08:20:44 PM »

Over 400 fires burned in Canada, and blazes this year have already scorched roughly 9.8 million acres of forest — more than 10 times the acreage that had burned by this time last year, officials say — sending smoke billowing down the east coast of the United States, from New York past Washington, D.C., and as far west as Minnesota.

https://www.canada.ca/en/natural-resources-canada/news/2023/06/the-government-of-canada-provides-update-on-wildfire-seasonal-outlook-and-outlines-response.html

The smoke here in North NJ yesterday 6/7 was absolutely brutal !   :o
Pip & I stayed in most of the day with the AC on and when we did venture out we had our KN95's on for sure.

The view out our windows yesterday afternoon looked exactly like this video of NYC.
Apocalyptic looking, the outside lights came on at 2pm, the sensor thought it was nighttime.   ::) 
This is the worst smoke I've ever seen in the Tri-State area ..

https://twitter.com/NWSNewYorkNY/status/1666517725865459713?s=20

-EDIT TO ADD-
Wish I had put eyeball protection higher on the outdoor list. My bad. I know better.
Pip & I eyes look like we were at a Grateful Dead concert for 27 years straight.

Holly burning retinas since Mt St. Helen Batman.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 12:14:58 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Puff

« Reply #5807 on: June 08, 2023, 09:02:40 PM »

Just a timely reminder - Today is the deadline date for the rooms at the Fairfield Marriott.
Please contact ASAP if this is your choice.

P

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5808 on: June 08, 2023, 10:38:37 PM »

Tig - Great pics!
LisaG - Hope your AC unit is working now!  Lisa, starting to think about when the kittens all leave - I think it will be rough on you. But I know you have to do what you need to. Hugs. :-*
Karen - How is your vertigo now - hopefully better since seeing the dr!  I can't even imagine the loss of life in that wild fire in Canada. :o :'(
Tsk - Yum, pork tenderloin!
Phyl - Great cam pics!
OG - Thank you for info on Plants - good to know!
Kb - I do the same - replant any Plants I ever buy!
Puff - Thank you for all the ATF info you have given all the folks here - you sure are a busy lady right now!
Lani - How is the family and are you still planting/working out in your yard?
Tig - The longest I will go without watering an outdoor potted plant is one or two days (unless it rains) ;)  I know I can't over water, as all the pots drain at the bottom. ;D
Clynn - Have you been enjoying your new enclosed porch area? :)

Beakers have a good night.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5809 on: June 09, 2023, 12:23:21 AM »

Clynn, fun pics from Erin, especially towel animal made for guests ... sweet mama tiger/cub... terrible  fires, loss of wildlife, prayers for all involved.  :(

Kb, adorable baby cub ... I do the same with my plants too.

Karen, I hope your ent md appt helped the vertigo. Safe travels for E22.

Lisa, glad AC repaired ... I bet kittens were tired after their visit at the AC. I can't believe how fast time is going by for the little sweeties.  :-*... geez, they are spaying and neutering pretty early aren't they. They didn't do that with Misty.

Tig, gorgeous eagle, Camper takes great pics, especially little bird nest boxes over water.

I'm having trouble with my keyboard letters stopping mid typing.  I changed battery but. that isn't  the problem.  ???

Tsk, yummy dinner

Phyl, pretty sunset pic

Oldguy, thanks for plant info ...Maru  ;D

Puff, thanks for ATF update. you're super  :-*

BL, terrible smoke situation.  :(

Eagles, We're busy, but fine. I went to a new dentist this morning. Our former dentist moved to the valley. I think I'm going to like her and her staff. I'm having trouble typing on this keyboard. I don't know if it's the keyboard or the forum. It's taking me forever to type this post without errors.  :(
I'll update you tomorrow in a pm.

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk friends Jean and Dennis, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5810 on: June 09, 2023, 05:10:09 AM »

Currently 60F  and  High 84F sunny, Low 56F  clear.

Lani for a couple of weeks now I've been having same keyboard issues---battery is good.

KB use those same liners w/ my hanging pots

OG plant info  ;)

Puff tks for ATF info

Lisa in yesterday's  Nat'l Geo digital edition, there's an article on a ground breaking non-surgical spay/neuter procedure for cats. Mind blowing.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5811 on: June 09, 2023, 05:14:23 AM »

At this hour Anthony is getting his 'shut-eye'.

But, here's some snaps from yesterday of 'Mr. Handsome' in the Two Harbors Bald Eagle nest

.Jun 8, 2023 9:59 PM
Camera Time: Jun 8, 2023 7:59 PM PDT

Jun 8, 2023 9:28 PM
Camera Time: Jun 8, 2023 7:28 PM PDT

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5813 on: June 09, 2023, 05:55:01 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, I am totally in sympathy with you and your technical issues. I like my laptop for emergencies or when I need to look up something while I am watching tv but not for regular use! And I am having to use it all week until Erin gets back! I just can't get comfortable with the feel of the keyboard. I either hit two keys at a time or don't hit a key hard enough and have to go back and add letters!  ::) ::)

E4E, yes, we are enjoying the enclosed deck! I open the sliding door in the morning while it is cool and the cats are ready to go out and investigate! I sat out there when it was raining the other day and it was nice! I can leave the cushions on the chairs!

BL, I feel bad for you East Coasters, it looks awful. It seems that here in Central IA we are just on the outside of the worst. My heart aches for the wildlife...   https://datacentral.press-citizen.com/fires/

Phyl, interesting article on the NCL clouds, I had never heard of them before, and now they are being seen more often due to climate issues...  Good news on the cancer pill! Anthony will be ready soon. Wonder if it is considered branching if he lands on that rock!

Lisa, how are those babies this morning? I need to take Honey to see the vet today, she just isn't herself the last few days and seems to have lost some weight...

Ospreys in our WF nest!

Erin and Sydney, their last evening on the ship...

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5814 on: June 09, 2023, 07:13:05 AM »

HI BEAKERS

54 heading to 78 and sunny

OLDGUY  That is very interesting about the potted plants.  I find here that many of the plants are already root bound so the water just goes right through.

BL  Too bad you are not on one of your adventures down south.  That time lapse was amazing.   Take care.

LANI  My keyboard is so old I have had to make new letters on some keys so Tim knows what is what LOL  ::) ::)

PHYL  Cute AM pic  :)    Progress in medicine is always good to see.  Lot's has improved in our generation. ;)

CLYNN   I'm so happy to hear you are enjoying your new enclosed area.   Listening to the rain is great.  Honey and Harley are adjusting  ;D  Hope all is well with Honey.  :-\   Erin and Sidney make such a cute couple.  What a celebration cake  :o :o

Off to the botanic gardens this AM - One of our favorite places.
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #5815 on: June 09, 2023, 07:46:11 AM »

A little Friday humor:

I bet you can't stop watching till the end:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/144prog/most_insanely_entertaining_sport/

I got nothing else as same ol same ol weather wise.....I don't think it will EVER rain again....I'm serious.

karengramke

« Reply #5816 on: June 09, 2023, 08:20:34 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! 
Bl, I sympathize with you on the smoke!   A few years ago there were fires in the Georgia swamps that burned for months!  Also fires in.Florida.  Smoke from both areas came here! Ash falling allover!  ( kb, must not have good forest management here either!). A local friend of mines husband was the  sheriff told me about his experience visiting the area after it appeared the fire was out!  It turned out that while the flames were no longer shooting up, the ground and under ground was still burning!  Deer were walking there in their confusion and all had to be shot!   Their feet were burned and after talking to the wildlife authorities and vets this was the only humane option available!   The clean up of the areas was rife with animal carcasses too! In view of the devastation, I will take a little smoke!

Tsk , your dinner sounded great!   If I was closer i would have crashed your party!  Enjoy the gardens!

Clynn, hope your Kitty gets a good report !  Screened decks/porches are great!  I too enjoy sitting out there in the rain!   The other day I had a large lizard visitor!   An inch around at mid point and about 6 inches long, plus the long tail!    Brown  and orange.  Have to look this up!   Not my normal Mr. gecco

Og, thanks for the plant info!
Kb, what happened to the towers?  They would be a pleasant diversion
for you from the weather!

LisaG1967

« Reply #5817 on: June 09, 2023, 09:14:17 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....T.G.I.F.!!!

kb - Thanks for the tip on the potted plant liner.  I have never used one of those, but next year I will look and give it a try. 

BrokenLug - I know I was not as hazy and smoky as you, but yes it was terrible yesterday.  Today is much better. 

E4E - Thanks for the hug.  Yea, I think I am going to have a hard time letting them go.  I keep saying to Jeff everyday....are you sure you don't want to keep them?

Lani - Kittens were very tired after their visit.  They slept hard.  Yea, I am still baffled as to why Misty didn't get spayed, and the only answer I get is that she escaped before they could do it. 

Phyl - Great cam pics!

clynn - Kitties are good this morning.  I hope all is OK with  Honey!  Wow, that is some cake, and great pic of Erin & Sydney.

tsk - Enjoy the gardens.

karen - Your large lizard sound like a skink.  We have one that color and we call it Godzilla.   ;D

LisaG1967

« Reply #5818 on: June 09, 2023, 09:22:22 AM »

karen,is this similar to your lizard?

karengramke

« Reply #5819 on: June 09, 2023, 09:40:55 AM »

:(thanks Lisa!  You nailed it!  I
I thought skinks were black witj a yellow strip!   Will have to check that out!  That skink looks like a baby alligator!  Well a broom and an open door got it back outside!
Ah, just checked and the black one is also
a skink,  Two versions.
Are you sure you cant keep Piper!  She would help Jeff work!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 09:51:06 AM by karengramke »