Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1009830 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5790 on: June 08, 2023, 11:36:38 AM »

Lisa - oh my....talk about getting skunked trying to do the right thing...maintenance on your part I mean.

Hmm, should know not to put too much water pressure on those coils ya know....so sorry.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5791 on: June 08, 2023, 01:25:12 PM »

some bounce

I've been resting too much. I should have checked my hanging plants that were still in the shade. I let one go too long without water.  >:(
I cut it back. Will see...
Mowed and am sprinkling.
Saw a hawk circling several times today.

BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #5792 on: June 08, 2023, 01:28:37 PM »

Kb - I know!  Jeff was like how can you do maintenance and then something breaks.  I am like I don't know.  They just left and replaced the blower motor part.  Thankfully, we have had a nice breeze today and it has not got over 73, and not the 80 they predicted.  I do see a temp on the thermostat, so waiting to see if it kicks on.  They said, it was working. 

tig - Sorry about your plants.  I bought two hanging pots, and paid $25 a piece for them and they look like they are dying, but I water them every other day.  I have no idea what kind they are, but the flowers were pretty.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5793 on: June 08, 2023, 01:47:38 PM »

Camper's pics...
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5794 on: June 08, 2023, 01:49:23 PM »

and...

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #5795 on: June 08, 2023, 01:50:03 PM »

one more...

karengramke

« Reply #5796 on: June 08, 2023, 03:01:33 PM »

Nice pictures!  Thanks. For sharing! 
,isa, is the. Air working?

Back from ent and have been treated for vertigo again.

I keep thinking of the horrible loss of wild life fromn the wild fires !
Not only is Canada fire fighters involved but there are foreign fighters as well,
« Last Edit: June 08, 2023, 03:11:37 PM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #5797 on: June 08, 2023, 05:05:15 PM »

tig - Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing!!!

karen - I have a digital thermostat and I see a temp on there, so I am going to assume it is working, but you know what happens when you assume...LOL 

Just came back from Animal Control....all kitties had their pics taken for the Animal Shelter webpage, de-wormed, distemper booster, and all got micro-chipped today. 

karengramke

« Reply #5798 on: June 08, 2023, 05:18:00 PM »

Did Miss Piper smile for the camera?show her wild side?   They will be some tired kitties tonight and maybe a little sick feeling!    Such sweet babies!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5799 on: June 08, 2023, 05:24:01 PM »

CLYNN  Those fires are big news and esp dangerous for the East coast

KB  Cute little tiger.  :D

LISA  Bummer on the AC unit and the ding dongs that worked on it..No charge on the new part I'm sure.  Reading on , I see it is repaired. Busy day for you at the AC.  Did the kitties behave for their pic?  LOL

TIG  Boy, around here watering all the hanging and non hanging patio pots is my routine at 4 PM each day.  Just no rain   :P

KAREN   Sure hope the vertigo Tx works.

Pork tenderloin and cheesy potatoes and brussels on the grill  ;D
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5800 on: June 08, 2023, 05:58:05 PM »

Tks astigmatism "axis "  I needed to look that up. Here's a link : https://www.bing.com/search?q=astigmatism+axis+change&qs=SC&pq=astigmatism+%22axis+%22+&sk=MT1&sc=10-20&cvid=5C1CA150ED494AD4A5188BF46B00CFEE&FORM=CHRDEF&sp=2&lq=0
I prefer rootbeer floats, too. My parents called them 'Black Cows'. It's a generational 'thing'  I suppose. Fill a mug with vanilla ice cream and pour the rootbeer over add a straw and icedtea spoon.   ;)
 Glad you had a good time.

CLynn tks for links.  It's all about land management---Canada and Californina do a 'poor' job of this. And, this is the result.   None of them give a 'flip' about the wildlife I wager!    >:(

KB leopard cub   :-* :-* :-*

Hi Karen good luck w/ the vertigo treatment. I'll have mine for life. I do Cauthorn exercises.  Odd deal...they tell us not to drink wine and the like as it makes it worse. LOL Eases mine up. Go figure.  ;D

Lisa Glad to read that the HAVAC is repaird and working. However, I doubt those 'fellas' knew what they were doing.   
  Wow! photos for the website, chipped and jabbed and all . Time's getting close.  I hope those abopting the kittens know what sweethearts they'er getting. And, esp be kind, loving and nuturing and above all 'committed' to relationship!

Tig  :(  about your plants. We invest alot into them and then that happends.   Tell Camper his photos are great. Thank him for me  ;)  Esp luv the chipmunks and the bald eagle totem. 
This past  spring there was a huge snake the traveled their tunnels and ate every single one of them. I know! I saw the huge  demon dragging his over fed tube long my garden behind the roses.  It kept eyeing me and I stood still  eyeing 'it' back. I had my dad's shovel...should have place a quick blow right behind the head. Wouldn't have save my chipmunks. But, that *&^$# snake would have had it's last meal. It's markings signifed it was posionous.  Instead I erred on the side of caution---stayed still and let it pass. 

Tsk dinner sounds very healthy/tasty

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5801 on: June 08, 2023, 06:04:16 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

***enlarges for detail

Lesser Flamingos at Kamfers Dam, Kimberly, South Africa
Jun 2, 2023 11:32 PM
Camera Time: Jun 3, 2023 6:31 AM SAST

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #5802 on: June 08, 2023, 06:13:18 PM »

karen - Piper said, no pics please and turned her head.  I have a feeling they will all be feeling a lil sick tonight.  Jeff didn't pay attention and fed them Bandit's wet food tonight.....Friskies Farm Fresh.  I hope I don't have alot to clean up in the morning!  :o

tsk - No charge to me for their error in breaking my system.  I just hope when I do turn it on, that it works!   ;D  Jeff says, he is heading over for dinner!  That is his kinda dinner.

Phyl - Yes, the time is coming soon.  They told me that the next time they spay and neuter will be June 23, so they might all be heading up there, if not some time in July. 

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5803 on: June 08, 2023, 06:19:59 PM »

TIG  Forgot to comment on Camper's pics.  In first place  the pier pic,  second place the solitary eagle, third place the chippy with the peanut and you in the boat is the fans favorite  LOLOL   :-*     He is an amazing photographer.

PHYL  We used to have Big Boys in Milwaukee  ;D  A&W  were the best "black cows"  We made them the same way.  :)  Thanks for the astigmatism info - What I take from it is the shape of my cornea has changed to more of a football than basketball   ;) ;)   Gorgeous shot on the flyway tonight.
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #5804 on: June 08, 2023, 07:16:19 PM »

On hanging plants...
Our plants mostly come from nursuries in the Omaha area - not much black dirt in the area.  Most of our larger flowers come potted in peat moss - this has very little water retension.  So we have to water hanging pots and the pots larger than a quart size twice daily to keep them healthy.  The small 6-pack sets have real soil - they get a lite watering once a day.  During week of 90+ days we were tossing out up to 100 plants per day because pots could not retain enough water to make it thru the day in the sun.

Push cart Salescat, Maru   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjlcfKCn1V0
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah