Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1009519 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #5835 on: June 09, 2023, 04:05:34 PM »

When your diet is finally over.  ;D

https://twitter.com/i/status/1667182260594802695
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5836 on: June 09, 2023, 05:22:28 PM »

Lani,I loved reading your post yesterday about Iris and her new Beau, that is why I checked today, just to see if she was still being nice to the guy, and she was! It's a good, wonderful sign and I hope they can bond this summer and both return next April! We want little ones in that nest again, it's been too long!  SP looks so fat and sassy in the pic you posted, and still like a big cottonball with a beak!  Oh my gosh, that baby and the birthday cake, so happy! Remember Bella's first bithday...

kb, I found this article about wildfires effect on rain https://fire-and-smoke.disasterclaimnews.com/wildfire-smoke-is-transforming-clouds-making-rainfall-less-likely-national-geographic/

And this article about the fires: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-did-the-wildfires-in-canada-start-cause-nova-scotia-quebec/
I think that the firefighters are overwhelmed, thank God they are getting help. I am sure they focus on fires that threaten life before they go to a wilderness area.

Lisa, you know you and Jeff want to keep all those kittens! Think of all the fun!  ;D ;D

Black Eagle Project Roodekrans

Although the Chick hatched on Monday, Johann Van den Berg reported seeing it for the first time today on the Webcam. Dave Whyte went to the top of the Waterfall today and managed to get this photo. Thank you Dave, for this photo.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 05:40:14 AM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #5837 on: June 09, 2023, 05:30:05 PM »

Clynn - couldn't open your link so I googled something similar and could read the first paragraph suggesting wildfires do affect rain/cloud formation.

And no Canada hasn't attended to their forests for years....controlled burns, etc...authors suggested this would happen because of that years ago.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #5838 on: June 09, 2023, 05:35:07 PM »

karen's wren:

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #5839 on: June 09, 2023, 06:21:09 PM »

clynn - Thanks for posting karen's wren.  Aww, look at baby Bella! 

Lani - When your diet is finally over  ;D ;D  Yea, I don't think I would want to know where the lizard's body is, too!  Thanks for the Royal update. 

tsk - Sorry about your post, but the flowers you did post are pretty! 

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #5840 on: June 09, 2023, 07:10:45 PM »

LANI   I don't think Iris's new suitor has asked her age  LOL   Good Royal update  ;D   LOL  I'm so glad Mom cleared that little one's nose  LOL

CLYNN   Hard to remember Bella was that little   :-* :-*  Interesting article about fire affect on clouds/rain  :P   " Yep that's my train"  LOLOL
Thanks for the first hand look at Karen's nesting wren. Nest is just hanging in there, literally.  :o
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #5841 on: June 09, 2023, 07:23:52 PM »

Edited****

Hello Beakers

A nice day again today - now 80 and heading to 82 - partly cloudy and light breeze - low this morning was 50 with dew point of 41.  the next week has highs in the mid 80s but the dew points will stay in the 50s.  Showing possible rain this weekend.

I started using backlighted key boards several years ago - love them - here is what I currently have...
https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-NEON-K42-Mechanical-Anti-Ghosting/dp/B07WSV7SWT/

The keyboard can have any color or combo of colors for the back light, including white.

Jim bought this wireless MS keyboard for me as Christmas present about 10yrs ago. It's back lit as well. I enjoy doing computing at night in a dimly lit room. And the backlit keyboard is perfect.

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #5842 on: June 09, 2023, 07:38:51 PM »

Lani tks for Royal Albatross update/photo; 'When your diet is finally over'   LOL

CLynn I do remember when you first posted the photo of Bella in the high chair.  Time has really passed ... So cute.  Tks for the first look at the nesting Wren. Amazing how wrens just place to where the nests can hang balanced perfectly.

Tsk nice photo from the gardens. Photo #3 looks like some purple salvia.

Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #5843 on: June 09, 2023, 07:39:53 PM »

Thanks , Clynn, for posting the picture of my finch!  Love the caption of thats my train!  Almost reminds me of Harriet training a young m15!   Iris, be nice! I
Tsk, lovely flowers!  Especially like the purpler, blue, lavender or whatever collection! I will
pass on the hot dog but will take an Italian sausage on the grill!
Seds!

Oh, btw Clynn, how is Honey?

Phyl

« Reply #5844 on: June 09, 2023, 07:42:33 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .     

Lesser Flamingos at Kamfers Dam
May 26, 2023 11:18 AM
Camera Time: May 26, 2023 6:18 PM SAST

Sauces bald eagle cam

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #5845 on: June 09, 2023, 07:52:28 PM »

Overcast & gray until about 11:00am, then we warmed up to 68!

Phyl - Nice cam pics at Two Harbors BE nest  :)

Clynn - Your enclosed porch is probably the most popular place in your household now! ;D  That is so wonderful that you can sit out there during rainy days and be able to leave the pillows there! ;D    I hope Honey was feeling a lil bit better today.   Love the pic of Sydney & Erin - great looking couple, and I bet they had a fantastic trip! 8)

LisaG - If Jeff agrees to it, would you keep Misty and the kittens?  If so, the AC should be very reasonable with you guys!

Karen & LisaG - That is a really neat looking lizard!

Lani - It seems that things might be looking up for Iris!   Uh Oh - Milo & Norman only know what has happened to lizards brought in. ::) :-\

Kb - Understandable about not seeing the Towers.  A lot of circumstances, season of the year and weather have more than likely played a part in their appearances.  Hopefully sometime in the future, Tower will appear again - we will see later on . . . . .

OG - Happy for you in having a nice weather day  :)   We had a nice day at 68 deg., which they say is 10 degrees lower than normal for this time of year!

Tsk - What a lovely picture at the Botanical Gardens!   Bummer about having a rough time at posting pics. >:(   Glad you had a wonderful day at the Botanicals and lunch sounded yummy - I love hotdogs!

Kb - Hopefully you won't have smoke for the next 5 months.  I think they are coming up with a plan;  I watch the today show with Al Roker giving the weather report.    I know it does not seem like it, but your area will have rain again - it just may be a while. :-[ ???

Clynn - Oh my goodness, looking at Bella's 1st birthday - she has come a long way since then! Lol! :-*

Puff - Just saying hi and I know you are a busy person!

Tig - How are things in your neck of the woods? :)

Beakers have a good night.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #5846 on: June 09, 2023, 08:00:30 PM »

Good Morning Beakers! 
Bl, I sympathize with you on the smoke!   A few years ago there were fires in the Georgia swamps that burned for months!  Also fires in.Florida.  Smoke from both areas came here! Ash falling allover!  ( kb, must not have good forest management here either!). A local friend of mines husband was the  sheriff told me about his experience visiting the area after it appeared the fire was out!  It turned out that while the flames were no longer shooting up, the ground and under ground was still burning!  Deer were walking there in their confusion and all had to be shot!   Their feet were burned and after talking to the wildlife authorities and vets this was the only humane option available!   The clean up of the areas was rife with animal carcasses too! In view of the devastation, I will take a little smoke!

Tsk , your dinner sounded great!   If I was closer i would have crashed your party!  Enjoy the gardens!

Clynn, hope your Kitty gets a good report !  Screened decks/porches are great!  I too enjoy sitting out there in the rain!   The other day I had a large lizard visitor!   An inch around at mid point and about 6 inches long, plus the long tail!    Brown  and orange.  Have to look this up!   Not my normal Mr. gecco

Og, thanks for the plant info!
Kb, what happened to the towers?  They would be a pleasant diversion
for you from the weather!

Karen, your lizard visitor sounds like it was likely a mature male broadhead skink! They are striking!  I have them here, too, and they are fun to watch! The young and females are totally different... You might enjoy reading this, and looking to see if it looks like your lizard visitor.  :)

https://srelherp.uga.edu/lizards/eumlat.htm - Broadhead Skink (Eumeces [Plestiodon] laticeps). Savannah River Ecology Lab, University of Georgia, Herpetology Program
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #5847 on: June 09, 2023, 08:12:03 PM »

two more

TSK, nice pics of the pretty allium!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #5848 on: June 09, 2023, 08:57:20 PM »

Howdy Beakers! Waving to All!  :)

I got back home late last night from several days out of town. Enjoyed it, but our planned hike was waylayed to a future date because the day we planned to hike was a Code Red air quality day - not recommended to do anything outside for long, even for healthy people... and also got some rain off and on that same day. That rain helped with the smoke from the eastern Canada fires the next day though - which was rated an Orange air quality day, instead of a Red air quality day. Still not recommended for extended periods outdoors, though, or for exercise or strenous work outside, so we ditched the hike that day, too. Another time... We had a good Red Code/rain day anyway - binged on some movies we had wanted to see that were available on TV or streaming, and cooked up a storm of yummy food. Yikes!  ;) The next day, the Code Orange day, we decided to scout a killer great thrift shop - trouble! I managed to get out of there with only 2 things, but took one of them back the next day, as a donation return. LOL. It's a non-profit place, and all sales are final. I was happy to give it back for someone else to take home.  ;D  It took major willpower not to drag a bunch of stuff out the door with me. LOL. Clynn, that place would be Trouble! for your Ed. Good stuff there!!!  ;) :D Then we went to a killer old time grill and enjoyed the very best BLT I have ever eaten - the place is famous for theirs, and it lived up to the hype. Yum! Then we decided to go to the Botanical Garden to walk it off a bit, and just spend 30 minutes, no more, walking around the blooming gardens around the Visitor Center and didn't do anything strenuous outdoors, and then spent some time inside there looking at some of the displays and getting "educated."  Very nice. A good time was had by all.  :)

Zippo is up late! So I need to put her to bed now - we needed to do some extra snuggling time since I was away a few days.  ;) :-*

BTW, I am overjoyed that Iris seems to have a new suitor. Talons crossed!!!  :-* :-* :-*

Goodnight Beakers. SED.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #5849 on: June 10, 2023, 12:52:14 AM »

Clynn, it seems it was just yesterday that Miss Bella celebrated her 1st birthday, tears and all.  :-* ... oh look at that precious snowball Black eagle chick.. Yep, that's my train LOL!  ;D
I hope Honey is feeling better.

Karen, sweet pic of mama wren. I hope the nest is snuggled in....

Phyl, beautiful good night pic.

Hi Baz, glad you were able to have a good time inspite of the air quality days. Have a good night with Zippo  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk friends Jean and Dennis, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander