Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1001235 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4305 on: April 28, 2023, 07:32:20 AM »

bounce
((( Clynn ))) hugs
TSK... only 1 set did we stay for, old time rock n roll. They turned most of the lights off and the band was standing in front of the window so photography was a challenge. Camper got a few pics but... He had a burger and I had micro mini fried beef tacos and then took most of my crinkle fry sweet potatoes home.
Off to the pool. Laundry day.
BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4306 on: April 28, 2023, 07:37:06 AM »

Another rainy day for us in Music  City, USA

Now  a foggy 59 F after a rough thunderstorm last night.
Later, Today 69F  more rain . And, tonight 49F cloudy.

Tsk pretty hyacinths this morning

KBcute video of otter pup, tks

{{{Clynn }}}

Tig very interesting feeder, showed trhe vid to Jim and he's  quited interested doing so for the BBs

Bazi what a coincidence ! I too, cut my own hair---have for 15 yrs. Not afraid to do layering and bangs (fringes).

BL tks for Linda Ronstadt video---you know she and then Calif governor Pat Brown,Jr dated  while he was in office.

Lani tks for WSMV.com   update on DH18. So sad for it. However, I do pray that it can recover to at least be an ambassador for AEF

This afternoon, late, we'll go for our final Shingrix injection .  Jim had stopped by the Publix pharma at  Concord/Nolensville Rds. to set up an appt. The pharmacist hand him our paper work. Jim asked for a appt on Friday pm---Randy said you just made one. That employees can come in any time w/no waiting  ;D

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #4307 on: April 28, 2023, 07:37:31 AM »

Decorah Goose Cam
Apr 28, 2023 6:34 AM
Camera Time: Apr 28, 2023 6:34 AM CDT
Birchwoman

According to Chat, he new pair might be 'Gen-Zers'.

SgtPepper (Michelle Pepper)
13 hours ago
6.31pm

« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 07:44:13 AM by Phyl »

Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

« Reply #4308 on: April 28, 2023, 07:39:57 AM »

Two Harbors Bald Eagle Cam
Apr 28, 2023 6:50 AM
Camera Time: Apr 28, 2023 4:50 AM PDT
Birchwoman

Mama Cholyn  and Little TH, Bandit

Sauces bald eagle cam

LisaG1967

« Reply #4309 on: April 28, 2023, 07:42:50 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Morning Puff, kb and all  :)

Lani - Definitely got more sleep last night.  :D

BL - Thanks for the tunes.

tig - That is a neat lil feeder!  Glad to hear your cold has left, 5 weeks is a long time!

Phyl - Pretty good night pic. Thanks for the kind words on Misty & kittens pic.

tsk - More pretty flowers this morning! How are you and Tim??

clynn - I am so sorry to hear of Kay's passing.  You were a good friend to her.  Thinking of you and Kelsey!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4310 on: April 28, 2023, 09:09:07 AM »

Dear Clynn, I'm so sorry to hear of Kay's passing. I know how much she meant to Kelsey, too.
You gave so much of your heart and time to support and help Kay these many years. She knows and will remember you.   :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4311 on: April 28, 2023, 09:19:02 AM »

Bearstudy -   The Moment has Come - UPDATE April 27, 2023

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4751-the-moment-has-come-update-april-27-2023.html

Spanky  :-*

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4313 on: April 28, 2023, 12:00:00 PM »

KB   How cute - man and otter friend  ;D

TIG  Mini fried beef tacos sound interesting   ;)

LISA  All good here.  Sounds even better at your house too. ;) ;)

LANI  Good bear report - thank you

LORI  Good spring collection of pics - butterfly and pup  ;D

Well I'm going to take the edger - not too heavy - and see if I can edge the sidewalks and gardens -= no bending involved..
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4314 on: April 28, 2023, 01:10:59 PM »

Did anyone happen to watch the Secrets of the Elephants series Nat Geo?   So very heart wrenching and eye opening for me.  Liked the 4th episode as it had a somewhat more positive spin to it.

TSK, I watched! Incredible! Lots of info I never knew, too. Glad I got to see it. Many of those elephant groups/species or sub-species may not be around many more years. Very sad, but will hope for improvement in their odds. I did not know all those differences in the elephants from those 4 different geographical areas, and really liked the way that 4-episode documentary had 1 episode for each of the 4 different regional/geographical area elephants. They are all so different in their behaviors, depending on where they live! It was excellent!!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4315 on: April 28, 2023, 01:13:03 PM »

Just saw Amy's post on RRP's FB page....#6 did not make it  :'(  Had a severe spinal injury.

tsk - Yes, the kitty nursery is doing well...the smallest one (first born) is 4.78oz, and biggest one (last born) is 5.87oz., all the others in between those weights.  They are gaining weight.
Oh, sad Nat Geo series?

Lori - Hey girl, how ya feeling? 

Lisa, awww, sad news for #6. But I'm glad he was rescued and didn't have to suffer his final fate in the wild. RIP #6 gosling.  :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4316 on: April 28, 2023, 01:16:56 PM »

Kb awesome humpback whale/diver

Clynn could call this new geese pair MG 2 and FG2.; Handsome eaglets at
SWFL Eagles Tks Gracie Shepard

Lisa No doubt---coffee makes it all better esp with a side of  purring kitty LOL   Y/W for the geese info this AM
That is a sweet photo of MomCat Misty and her kittensm,  you  posted on FB.  :-*

Lani
  When big bro #1,  Larry,  was in Air Force he always drew the artic/fridged climates---Eielson AFB, Fairbanks, AK and Naval Air Station Keflavik, Reykjavik, Iceland to name two. He saw many , many wonderful /awesome Aurora Borealis while stationed in those two bases.
 tks for update on Dunrovin Ranch Osprey nest  w/ good snap of egglets.

Hi Baz my vertigo is in the inner ear( not the brain) from the cervical spine surgery I had 5+ yrs ago. A high speed drill (3000 rps) was used to attache a 6" long titanium plate to spinal column C-3 to C-6. Inspite/dispite of doing the Cawthorn exercise twice daily those crystals in the inner ear (right side worse than left)  are still out of place.
Indeed it does depend on how bad  the spells are---and other influences.  I'm always nervous about decending flights of stairs.  ::)
I inherited my mother's cane--I keep it in a closet as my bum R. knee doesn't like it, bcomes a crutch  and no strength training if I use a 'crutch'.
Really cute 'gator' this evening.  :)

KB many tks for the YouTube link to Dale Hallow eaglet rescue. As you/Lori say, 'Finally, ...someone listened..."

Lori/KB fantastic videos of Dale Hallow Eaglets intervention. Grateful  for the nest cam view and not a helmet cam view.  Thrilled to read the eaglets are doing just fine.  :-*

Phyl, yep, I remember you telling us about your cervical issues and that big surgery you have had for it. And, yep, my vertigo is in the inner ear, also - the crystals - and not the brain.

baziunc

« Reply #4317 on: April 28, 2023, 01:33:30 PM »

For those who missed the wonderful "Secrets of the Elephants" 4-episode documentary by James Cameron for National Geographic, on the NatGeo TV channel...

All 4 episodes are now available to view online at:
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/tv/shows/secrets-of-the-elephants

I recommend that you watch them in order - note that when you go to that page, Episode 1 is on the right side, not the left. LOL.  ;)

Also, for those who have the type of cable TV that makes it available, the first 2 episodes are now available to view on TV "On Demand," and the last 2 episodes will be soon.

baziunc

« Reply #4318 on: April 28, 2023, 01:43:15 PM »

(((Clynn))), oh, I'm so sorry about Kay.  Sending my sincere condolences to you, and of course Kelsey, and Ed, and Kay's friend, Dianne, too. I can understand how awfully hard it is to get that sad news, and to tell Kelsey about it, too.  Hugs to you all.  :-*

baziunc

« Reply #4319 on: April 28, 2023, 01:47:54 PM »

My haircut turned out okay. LOL. The rain has stopped, and most of the clouds have cleared. Sunshine! Yay! I'm headed out to the grocery store...

Take care, Beakers.