Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 1002847 times)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7470 on: July 27, 2023, 02:36:39 PM »

Lisa, "hate to be a complainer"... you never complain, vent your heart out girlfriend!  :D lol Bazi "cray cray" Hi Clynn  :-*, hi Lani (our Albatross baby is ready to fly) ;D, Hi Tig, Hi E4E, Hi Tsk, Hi Karen, Hi kbs, Hi oldguy, Hi Phyl, Hi BL, Hi puff, pink, lilbro, Blschue, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa,  Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Oma, Paulie, and All! Love, hugs and prayers for all of you!
Grandma is surviving... they decided to keep her in the nursing home and they are working with Dementia meds & trying to get them under control.  Meanwhile, my Aunt replays my pre-recorded message to Grandma everyday telling her I love her and she may not remember me but it does make her smile. That's all I can do for now... will update as it comes.  Thank you for understanding and the prayers... it's been tough.  :-\

On a lighter note...  ;D
Destini is upset she had to return the skidloader... so much for the giant litter box in the yard idea. (brokenlug)  ;D Will take some pics of the new driveway addition.

Destini just does this to vent...

"I told you I don't like fries" :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 02:38:52 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7471 on: July 27, 2023, 02:56:30 PM »

some bounce
After doing some research I am about 90% certain they could be
Philodendron Brasil, Dracaena, Pilea, Lamb's Ear. ??? Lol
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

karengramke

« Reply #7472 on: July 27, 2023, 04:19:31 PM »

Clynn, I was thinking about the beakers who visited with Bob in that shed, just today!  Thanks for posting that!  I believe Jody was in there and perhaps Nanimal and Boomer as well!  Good article on Bob! I wonder if tge red tails we have are related to his birds!  Often watch them making lazy circles in the air when I m out with Pip.

LisaG1967

« Reply #7473 on: July 27, 2023, 05:08:49 PM »

karen - Customer service sure isn't how it use to be years ago. 

baz - Good luck with your car appt!

clynn - One of the Mods was just talking about the RAGBRAI at ATF, and saying she had rode in part of it a few years ago. I am on day two of a call back.  I left another message at 5pm, saying if I don't get a call before 10am, I will be heading over.  They are not gonna like me, if I have to drive over in that heat tomorrow!

Lori - Continued prayers for Grandma! 

tig - Quite a choice of what your plant could be.  LOL, clynn's choice!

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7474 on: July 27, 2023, 05:26:30 PM »

Sorry I wasn't clear... there are 4 different plants.
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Eagles4evr1116

• Decorah follower since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #7475 on: July 27, 2023, 05:37:09 PM »

High in our area today; 68

Lani - Sunday will be an exciting day for Peyton!! Good for him!! 8)

Phyl - Love the retro pics today! I remember as a young girl going to the dentist or eye doctor, that they had 'Hilights' in the waiting room, and I loved that so much!
Pretty pic out at DNN.  Thank you for cam pics.
Wonderful tribute to Bob - RIP  :-*

Kb - Love your morning pic! :-*

Clynn - Love the Munchkins pics! I bet you got caught up with their recent trip to the soccer game and their first flight, etc.  Did they each like flying on a Plane - and was there anything they didn't like?

LisaG - 'Pop & Nanna' is so cute!! ;D   Our Grandson calls us 'Grammy & Grampy'  :)  I see that you answered Tig's question about your Mom! I too, had wondered. :)  A little story for you; years ago, I had picked out a name for our son (had not been born quite yet), and I shared it with a few girls at work, and one of them thrashed the name and it hurt me so bad, that I chose a completely different name.  I remember wishing that I had not shared my choice with that coworker!

Tsk - Thank you for the reminder of our beloved Bob Anderson.

Oldguy - How has work been?  Very busy?

Tig - So nice to hear from the folks at the lake  :)    Yumm - wish I could taste one of those luscious raspberries  :)

Lani - Thank you for posting Bob - miss him so much.

Lori - Thank you too for your postings in remembrance of Bob.

Karen - How are you & Piper doing? :)

Beakers have a good evening  :)

I just thought I should mention that my Mom will not be having a surgery procedure for her bladder ailment tomorrow.  Apparently, it came to light today that my Mom had missed an important phone call from the office of the surgeon a week ago (to confirm, etc.) and Mom missed a couple of calls, and never called them back.
So, I was on the phone today, just nicely making sure they (the doctor offices) will call me about any future appts & confirmation, etc.  My Mom wants it this way too.  We hope to have better communication.  Communication is so important! ;) :)   I tried to make my Mom feel better - she was upset and mad at herself.  I reassured her, things will work out and be okay.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7476 on: July 27, 2023, 05:48:59 PM »

OLDGUY  So sorry you have to work in this heat - Maybe a good part of it could be indoors?   I'm a senior and I would have been the first one up dancing  LOLOL       Cute Simon  - Sooo CAT.  LOL

TIG  I hear there are a couple plant ID apps that you can get on your phone.  Or maybe a nursey would know that next time you are out.
How special to hear from you appreciative friends at the lake  :)

LANI  Thanks for those great pics of Bob.  I was not familiar with 2 and 3.  Otis still reigning.. ;D

LORI  Thanks for all the memories you posted of Bob - I remember Mainecoonlady's post  Nice to be reminded.   What a wonderful thing to do that you recorded a message for Grandma!!  I would never have thought of that.  Good they are still working to give Grandma a quality of life.

PHYL   Thanks for all your memories of Bob as well.

BAZI   Hope the fix was not $$$ either  :o :o

CLYNN   Thanks for your contribution to Bob's memory today.  Yes, I took a few pic of us in that garage.  No cell phone then but a digital camera - I should see if I have those on my computer.   RAGBRAI - Wow  quite a popular event.  Only scanned the article - what is the distance of that ride?   Good question from EAGLES - did the kids like flying?? 

KAREN   Did you know Boomer passed away a couple years ago.  Nan had kept up with her..

EAGLES   Awww poor Mom.  Did they reschedule a day?
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7477 on: July 27, 2023, 06:15:22 PM »

tsk, the RAGBRAI ride is different every year, all the towns they go through plan big for the event. I found this information:

How many miles is the ride? The seven-day total mileage for RAGBRAI averages 468 miles while the daily mileage averages 67 miles. There is an optional loop (called the Karras Loop) on one day each year for cyclists wanting the challenge of riding a full century 100 miles.
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/life/living-well/ragbrai/2023/01/28/what-to-know-about-ragbrais-50th-anniversary-ride-july-23-29/69840434007/

The Munchkins loved the ariplane ride, I think they were in awe... Also the first time they have seen the ocean! 

E4E, the Munchkins loved everything about the trip! Even the soccer game! Oh, your poor Mom! Doesn't she know we all forget things? Anyway, they should have called her more than once if they didn't hear from her. Good to add yourself to the call list!

Lisa, you go Girl! 

Lori, I will be sending prayers for your Grandma, that they are able to get her so that she can go home. LOLOL, Destini and the skidloader! Honey is still holding her own, skinny as a rail but still eating and jumping on the counter to eat treats.

Boulder County Fairgrounds Osprey Cam
- Diana Lambertson  · All lined up together with Dad.

Sydney Sea Eagle Cam - Betty Teller-Peters Fagen  · SE31 lifting head already, SE32 on the way!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7478 on: July 27, 2023, 06:26:20 PM »

Yep... I saw that there are apps, but I try not to load my cell with apps. Just a thing with me. I did use pics I took to search and compare. Good idea to use those to ask at the garden store. Tnx.

oldguy

« Reply #7479 on: July 27, 2023, 06:37:37 PM »

tsk - here is a list of all 50 years of rides, listing major towns, total mileage and total feet of climb for the week...

https://www.kcci.com/article/ragbrai-route-50-years-register-s-annual-great-bicycle-ride-across-iowa/44492128#
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7480 on: July 27, 2023, 06:59:45 PM »

CLYNN  My friend in Vancouver WA is a biker - I'll have to ask her if she's heard of it.  Thanks for all that info.  Boulder kids on the tippy toes - balancing and grabbing exercise. ;)

OLDGUY   Thanks for the additional info  I will send to my friend.
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7481 on: July 27, 2023, 07:40:00 PM »

Lots of wonderful tribs to Bob Anderson today.  ;)

Novartis shipment of Jim's Entresto,  3 mos. supply arrived today.  ;D
Just sent off papers to AZ (astrazenica]  for patient help on cost.

Bike trip accross Iowa sounds like crazy fun.

Kb- enjoyed  photo of Moose mom and calf;   :( you got such siffling heat.

CLynn- Oh yeah. 'Holly Hobby'.  We never had that well prob w/ the swingset at school as the desert is so very dry. But we did have the 'dust bowl.  >:(
            Do you have Bella's school wardrobe all set?  Barretts, ribbons and shoes, socks, etc.?
           Such a cute photo of all those B. cubs at . Wild Instincts Rehab Wisconsin. I don't have a FB account or I'd post from there with updates.  I' m working on
            some thing though.

Lisa- No you're a 'shutterbug'.  Not a photo fool  ;)  Glad your mom got off Okay to the Mss Fisher convention. Sounds like loads of f-u-n.  Auto garages there was a time '
         I sometimes think that when someone says they'll call right away is just to pacify. imho

Tsk- glitter graphics

Tig- how neat 'house plants' left just for you.  :) Maybe someone thought them a lost cause and knew of your talents?

Lani- Yeah, Otis is back.  Tks for the Royal Albatross update.

Karen- Anthony has life too good 'at home' to leave. And the 'Door Dash' is far too convient as you say. But if he wants  a 'wife' mate. He'd better grow up and
           be responsible pronto.  It were mom, I'd broken the plate sometime ago.  ;D   

CLynn-many tks for Boulder Osprey and Sydney Sea Eagle update

Lori- prayers for you grandma and family on going.

Og- 'ugly hot' that's a new one.   Always knew  unbearable heat as  'hellishly hot!'   your comment reminds me of   my late dad .   Who worked 30 yrs in desert heat over
       105F   for Kaiser Steele Corp out of Fonatna, CA  at the Eagle Mountian Mine .   In what is called a Beneficiation Plant that seperated the
       iron ore from other rock and dirt as water flushed the ore  onto the screens. The air was oppressive from the water causing humidity  Breaks were quite often and
       filtering  masks manditory.  Sure do feel for ya.

Thanks for links. Always enjoy Q-kids. Alotta fun 'Twisting the night away.'
« Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 07:43:32 PM by Phyl »

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7482 on: July 27, 2023, 07:41:56 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .   

Dina 5-23-21  :-* I miss you so much.
Sauces bald eagle cam

karengramke

« Reply #7483 on: July 27, 2023, 07:57:38 PM »

Tsk, I thought Boomer had passes away.  My last exchange with Nan about her made me think she had no quality of life.  Her reports from ojai were so interesting!

BrokenLug

« Reply #7484 on: July 27, 2023, 11:02:31 PM »

So about stinky hot & raunchy heat and dew point icky stuff weather _ mobilize.
Pip & I have been known to pull up stakes as weather conditions warrant.
Well the 1st whiff of Fall warrant just came in _ hint it's a province _ 

Now as to why we're all still here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvOPucs7dC0

« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 04:10:13 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.