Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Explore.org has a new sloth cam called Sloth TV  (Read 21368 times)

PeepSpy

Explore.org has a new sloth cam called Sloth TV
« on: November 03, 2021, 11:54:58 AM »

Here is a link to the new sloth cam on Explore.org:
https://explore.org/livecams/currently-live/sloth-cam

It will be including baby sloths.  :)

toucanrescueranch Mod • 20 hours ago
Welcome to Sloth TV with us! We are so excited to show you the world of Sloth Preschool and beyond! Today you are watching Pringle, Serena, and Tabitha snuggle up during a rain storm! Enjoy!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 12:38:37 PM by PeepSpy »

PeepSpy

Re: Explore.org has a new sloth cam called Sloth TV
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 12:21:58 PM »

Toucan Rescue Ranch has the sloth cam set up like a nursery complete with cozy blankies!  ;D

PeepSpy

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 08:42:47 AM »

The baby sloths are very cute!  :D

The Toucan Rescue Ranch is in Costa Rica and they rescue, rehabilitate and release Costa Rican wildlife.
Web site: https://toucanrescueranch.org/our-mission/

This is baby Tabitha!  :D

PeepSpy

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2021, 11:43:45 AM »

This is Tarzan, looking a little more adult.  :)

PeepSpy

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 06:33:41 PM »

One of tiny ones

They love their cozy blankets!

PeepSpy

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 06:45:25 PM »

Leaves are also on the menu!  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2022, 07:50:01 AM »

Newbie Robin being fed.  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2022, 07:52:42 AM »

Landon  ;D

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2022, 08:53:02 PM »

Toucan Rescue Ranch
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

New Arrivals:
Belen the two-fingered sloth:
she had a bit of soft consistency poop we did poop therapy on her. Vet team is monitoring her attitude appetite and poop consistency.
Holly the two-fingered sloth: Treatment 3 times a day. She is an active baby.
Robin the three-fingered sloth: tiniest baby we currently have, vet team is constantly monitoring his consumption and behavior.   

Ariel the two-fingered sloth: it’s been losing hair her bloodwork shows signs of not absorbing nutrients properly, vets are doing their best to keep an eye on her and providing antibiotics and treatment.
Noelle the two-fingered sloth: has been with diarrhea for the last couple of days. She it’s with an IV to provide her with fluids with antibiotics and painkillers.

Sloth Pre-School Updates:
Osa the three-fingered sloth:
went back to the RS , seems to be thriving over there, will monitor her weight gain.
Geo the two-fingered sloth: He has a good attitude and a good appetite.
Landon the two-fingered sloth: He’s getting better at climbing and becoming more aggressive. We’re happy to see his progress!
Coco the two-fingered sloth: The vet's still growing and staying healthy! Sh,e is still Tiktok and Instagram famous.

Graduation Update:
Pistachio the two-fingered sloth:
active and eating well. He finished his treatment

In Memorial
Teddy:
sadly passed away, necropsy it’s still pending

Salim and Danaerys: both died from severe opportunistic pneumonia
We are heartbroken with this news, will miss and these babies that came here to brighten our every day, now they are in the highest of a tree eating delicious fresh leaves.

Has the itchies!  ;D

Lani

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2022, 07:19:26 AM »

Landon  :-*

Lani

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2022, 10:57:56 AM »

Feeding time for baby Robin  :-*

I am a three fingered sloth

Lani

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2023, 10:43:27 AM »

Toucan Rescue Ranch.   https://www.explore.org/livecams/currently-live/sloth-cam

Feeding the three-fingered duo Robin and Noemi

Hi, Sloth TV fans!

I thought it might be nice to pop in and write our Sloth TV viewers! A quick introduction: My name is Zara, and I am one of the people behind the camera at Toucan Rescue Ranch. I have been a part of TRR for a long time and have been fortunate enough to help transform TRR into the place you all have grown to love today!

Before I get too far into my note, I have a cute story! Did you know I actually started Sloth TV in 2015!? Yup, I used a webcam and everything! I would arrive every morning. Set up the porch, get the sloths all happy with leaves and fun things to climb on, and then strap a webcam to the back of a rocking chair. I would stream it on YouTube with Leslie's home Wi-Fi (talk about sloth slowness). Sloth TV truly comes from humble beginnings. Seeing it come alive on such an incredible platform as explore.org has been a dream come true! If you scroll enough, you can find some of those original Sloth TV recordings on our YouTube page!

As I have watched Sloth TV grow with explore.org, my team and I have developed those lovely featured comments we pin at the top of our page. And, of course, we read your comments!

As someone who has been doing this work for a long time, I know how upsetting it is to lose an animal you have fallen in love with. I have been telling these stories for years for Toucan Rescue Ranch, and it never is easy.

As the person in charge of our communications, marketing, and storytelling, I often tell my tiny super team to focus on telling the core of our mission - to rescue, rehabilitate, and rewild animals. But equally as important, it is to educate the world about our work. We are a rescue center and quickly turning into a critical care hospital. As a result, we receive extremely sick animals and, consequently, deal with death. That is the nature of our work and the sad reality of our field.

We bear the crucial task of being a voice for the voiceless, and through our various platforms, we have an opportunity to shed light on the plight of wildlife rescue and conservation. It is true that if we do not share both sides of our work, life and death, we only tell one side of the story. It's incredible to witness how harrowing stories have ignited people to want to be a part of positive change.

My policy has always been honesty and transparency - because of this, we have, through the years, developed the incredible community we have today. TRR has always been a nonprofit open to sharing and involving our community and supporters in our efforts. In a big way, it differentiates us from others.

Sloth TV on explore.org is very much a part of our storytelling. We are always so impressed by our viewers - whether that be your attention to detail, support, ideas, and compassion toward the animals we fight for. It has been fantastic to get to know you and watch your love for sloths grow. As a free online streaming service, we understand if you need to take a break from watching Sloth TV - it can feel heavy losing a favorite.

With that said, TRR will continue to be here, working tirelessly for these animals. I promise to continue to share their stories. And we will always be honest and transparent with what happens along the way.

I ask that the Sloth TV community continues to be a space for positivity, supportiveness, and compassion as we welcome 2023. Please continue to have room in your hearts for the newcomers that will arrive and those that will leave us too soon. And finally, to understand the nature of our work and remain supportive of our team and the animals.

With much love,
Zara Palmer
Marketing Manager

Lani

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2023, 11:20:17 AM »

TRR is keeping some of the babies together.

Robin and Noemi are just so cute! 🥰 But Noemi is a fussy eater.

Geo and Coco

Lani

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2023, 11:58:08 AM »

Toucan Rescue Ranch update

NEW ARRIVALS:
Liana the two-fingered sloth:
She was found on top of her mom, who passed away. MINAE (Wildlife police) brought her to our Release Site. She was transferred to our Headquarters, where she will be as part of our Saving Sloth Together Program to be eventually released. She has been eating well and doing great.

Sloth Pre-School Updates:

Geo the two-fingered sloth: he is doing good, he didn't have an appetite, but now he is getting better, growing and gaining weight.
Landon the two-fingered sloth: he is strong and healthy as always. He has been eating more solid food lately.
Coco the two-fingered sloth:she is doing great, eating well, and gaining weight!
Belen the two-fingered sloth:She has been with diarrhea, but she is a fighter and doing her best to get better. She is now having nebulizations.
Robin the three-fingered sloth: He is good, eating leaves and milk. He has been with a good appetite.
Pax the two-fingered sloth: He is pretty well and active. Eating leaves and milk.
Noemi the three-fingered sloth: It’s been hard to make her eat, but she is active and doing good.

Sloth Graduation Update:
Holly the two-fingered sloth: she is good, eating a lot and exercising. She is improving greatly, gaining weight, and being very active at night.

In Loving Memory:
Pistachio: We are sad to share that Pistachio has passed away. We noticed a decay in his condition. And, despite our efforts to stabilize him, he didn’t make it. The necropsy results show that he had malformations on his skull and vertebrae that were incompatible with life.

Our team will never forget Pistachio and the many great memories he gave us.

A friendly reminder: If you have any suggestions or questions about our operations, explore.org cameras, or programs, please email [email protected] or [email protected]. We'd like you to keep our WhatsApp line open for our receptionist to attend to our daily operations. Thank you, and happy viewing!

Lani

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2023, 10:51:32 AM »

TRR - Sloth TV

No, I don't want to see the Vet!

Robin - 3 finger sloth

Noemi - hates the feedings by syringe  :(

A new baby  :-*