Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 602552 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28230 on: Yesterday at 02:16:02 PM »

5:15 This cabin reminds me of a place in Tennessee where I spent a week with a friend's ageing parents.  I always thought it was a little, uh Dogpatchy, if you know what I mean.  As I take another look I can almost hear the dueling banjos from Deliverance.
Debbie is not much improved.  I have not heard from her today.
Just got back from my hike to the mail box.  No mail yet. I was about a third of the way home when the mail truck finally pulled up to our cluster**** box.  I kept walking.  I was tired and cold, and did not want to confront the little mail person.  I will have to go back later or tomorrow.  It does not matter.  The paper, which comes in my mail, is this morning's edition with yesterday's news, and is already too old to be of significance.  I keep it coming for the comics and Dear Abby which are a part of my breakfast ritual.
It is a grey cold day here.  Did rain early.  So chill is intensified.
Be well EV1.  Especially you mysterious Neva.
GBU all! May Easter bring Joy to us all, and to those we love.  Debbie just invited me to dinner on Easter. YAY!
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:19:04 PM by johoward »

calihoula

« Reply #28231 on: Yesterday at 05:50:59 PM »

hi joho yay easter at debbies strange easter in march not april but i am happy you will be with your family. jim when he got up came to the barn sweets not eating drinking jim said he was like that last night at ten i wanted him to call vet and i told him spigot is leaking you know life goes on so he went by vet caught one of the ladies told her he was on his way to bury his dad but sweets not better she said she would have dr call him and he did said he does not think its worms first he did but now sweets lower eyelid has color he think now it is that polio but sweets not got temp blindness so he wants to keep treating polio for 15 more days three shots a day poor sweets jim said after funeral he would pick up sweets med yes big help for me meanwhile i was down next to sweets taking his temp it was really hard poop there. i had mineral oil on therm digging it out got lots out his temp back up 101.7 i got up went out to indy getting ready to check that spigot sweets screaming loud i almost fell trying to get to him got down saw his little tail wagging him screaming i knew then he wags when he is pooping too he had passed more hard stool he screamed again passed more. i gave him big dose of mineral oil.gave him water then he started eating his hay ate part of a biscuit. shifted sides later i checked he pooped more no screaming i had a blueberry pie still in little box sat down he stuck his nose in my sack tore off box with pie ate part of it jim came home justin was suppose to help him put on a new spigot but again never showed up jim tightened it said it stopped okay good but really it did not so jim got wrench and it stopped he filled up cat litter jugs brought out to barn filled indys tank stack others by furnace said dont use the spigot i said are you kidding i hauled water all that time your dad in hospice he said what why didnt you tell me cause your dad in hospice and when i did you a fit cause your fishing trip. i told him you can spend 8 grand getting your truck fix i think we can have someone fix this he said okay we can do that so when he gets back. joho it was so cold here this morning too i got groceries still got big heavy stuff in my car jim forgot to unload that for me i will tomorrow im resting then back to barn jim gone again i hope sweets gets back up but he is better thank you mom

hi neva hope you are okay what are guys doing for easter? food wise.

hi paula thank you for kind words for pops i saw his obit with his picture

The family will receive friends from 10:00 a.m. ~ 10:55 a.m. Wednesday, March 27, 2024 at St. Therese Catholic Church 7207 N.W. Highway 9, Kansas City, MO. The Mass of Christian Burial celebrating Larry’s life will commence at 11:00 a.m. Interment will immediately follow at White Chapel Memorial Garden with military honors. Memorial Contributions are suggested to St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry at St. Therese. Memories of Larry and condolences to the family may be shared at meyersfuneralchapel.com

Lawrence E. “Larry” Ryan, 88, a Northland resident of Kansas City, MO passed away peacefully on Saturday, March 23, 2024 at NorthCare Hospice House. Larry was born August 9, 1935 in Kansas City, Missouri.

Larry was united in marriage with Elizabeth “Ann” Timm on April 18, 1955 at Holy Trinity Church in Kansas City, MO. From this union they had three children: Cathy, James and Michelle.

He is a veteran of the United States Marine Corps and served his country during the Korean Conflict in Fugi, Japan; PFC. January 4, 1954 – January 3, 1956. He was honorably discharged from Camp Pendelton, CA.  Larry was an honored participant of the Heartland Honor Flight, flying to Washington, D.C. on November 11, 2015.

Larry retired from Trans World Airline, TWA, in Kansas City, MO in 1996 having dedicated over 40 years to the airline.

He was a parishioner and active usher at St. Therese Catholic Church for over 45 years and attended 4:30 p.m. Mass every Saturday. He was devoted to his LORD and his family.

Larry will forever be remembered as a loving, benevolent husband and father, and a doting grandfather who spoiled his three grandchildren.  He was a quiet, gentle man who always loved his family and cherished his friends.

Larry is survived by his three children: Cathy, James, and Michelle; three grandsons: Lawrence  (Michelle); Clay and Troy; two brothers: John L. Markus; Terrance Markus (Lena) several nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his sister Linda Hammond (Thomas) and by both parents Norman Markus and Cecila Ryan Markus.

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28232 on: Yesterday at 05:55:02 PM »

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28233 on: Yesterday at 08:49:37 PM »

Thanks for sharing Cal.  What a fine picture of a very handsome man.
GBU and Jim tonight.  You have broke the poop dam for Sweets. So he will sleep better.  No worms, but polio sure sounds bad.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28234 on: Today at 09:09:18 AM »

The Eagle Has Landed!! - UPDATE March 27, 2024

Bald eagle
But it wasn’t on the moon. The eagle that has been swooping in over and over for quick airborne ‘grab and goes’ changed his tactics. On March 25 as Donna and I were unknowingly driving out the WRI driveway on our way to Duluth for my carotid surgery, the eagle settled down on its food spot outside the WRI window and efficiently ate ham fat for 40 minutes without having any of the meat slip away in flight or while he was eating it on a branch. Peggy Stubbs was "The Eyes of the Day" who captured the moment the eagle landed, stood regally looking at her in the window, and turned to his purpose of eating ham fat. I hope he keeps doing that.

Bald eagle eats
Bald eagle eats

Then, back from successful surgery today, I was writing the preceding sentence when he swooped in with his usual ‘grab and go,’ providing startling action for a welcome back, even though it was not the landing I’d wished for. Instead, he flew up to a high branch in a dead white pine just 65 feet away, followed by a male raven that sat with his face inches from the prize the eagle was eating. It was a good return to the nature that gives life to the view out the window. The picture of the eagle and raven together did not turn out, though. It is the first time an SD card didn’t work for me.

It is good to be back, feeling thankful for the prayers and good wishes from so many for the success of the much-needed procedure. A few weeks of healing are needed, but the surgeon said everything went fine.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28235 on: Today at 09:26:06 AM »

hi you guys its 39 here 39 in ice 58 in kviv and 70 in the barn good doc came through okay! lots of wildlife depends on him and his eyes of the night.  i am running so late stressed out here i did not come in from the barn till 9 last night by the time i did stuff in here it was 10 something got up at 1:45 bleary eye stumbly went back to the barn sweets had poop some check his temp it was 100.4 and more poop i got out. he went to sleep i came in and i went back to sleep too did not wake up till almost 7 so wish i had not done that im more tired and trying to catch up have to give sweets another shot at 10 he is alert crawling from here to there i just keep hoping when i go out he will get out whenever jim finally gets home he will try to get him up or least get him moving upwards i sure hope he gets home cause i do not think i can do this extra shift for a whole lot longer i will till i just cant i just checked my flannel shirt pocket here some of sweets poop in there. he is still not wanting to drink that is not good so i have to syringe it in him takes awhile to do that  he likes my molasses water i make up but not drink it on his own if he would start drinking again that would be a big help he was like a few days ago maybe i have become loss on days need to do business sales tax return need to pay our mo taxes we owe

hi joho i know polio sounds bad there is a cure and i am working on it three shots a day may take awhile i hope so i truly hope so love that boy if he would just drink and try to really get up but one day at a time he is alert scoots around he is eating hay did not want any treats so far today.  pooping dogs yard needs to be mow i cannot see me being able to do that at all. i gotta go lots to do yet oh saw on my local news royals opening day today and it is sold out. hi jp baseball is back

hi neva

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/54055D5643E2?z=0
« Last Edit: Today at 09:30:19 AM by calhound »
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28236 on: Today at 10:56:48 AM »

6:28  Bright and 44 degrees here right now at 11:55 AM.
 Need to go see if Billie is home.  He does not phone.
 Deb not good yesterday.  Has to shop for Easter today.  I hope she is ok.  Karen is at Wii bowling.  She is in a league.  I hope she does well.  We are going to see Celtic Women tonight at Playhouse Square Ohio Theater.
Should be an interesting evening.  Tomorrow we will go for fish at Vermilion again for the last Lenten meal.  There may be dancing, but not much.
Now I will say Sweets sound a little better, but Cal sounds like she is reaching her limit.  Hang on Cal.
CUL EV1 (Especially silent Neva) GBU and Israel, and Ukraine, and Sweets, and Tweety (if he is not out of the woods yet).
 Cure my Debbie God.  She needs you more each day.