Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California  (Read 231364 times)

Emyrauld

Re: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California
« Reply #405 on: March 13, 2015, 07:49:04 PM »

Just my luck.  Watched this cam more than any other over two years.  Rats.

Posted on the IWS Facebook Page:

" The gremlins got in the camera at the Sauces nest and locked it up so that it is no longer accessible. A hard reboot (disconnecting the power) on site may fix it, but nobody will be on the island until Tuesday afternoon. Until then, I'll stream the other VCOE camera, which unfortunately is a manual focus and we were only able to get it roughly in focus before we ran out of time during the installation. It will give us some idea of what is going on, but I wouldn't watch it too much because it will make you nauseous. "

A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

MpMom

• D1 in all of her beauty. Love 12,14,18,4,25 & 35
« Reply #406 on: March 14, 2015, 09:53:55 AM »

I hear ya Emy! Sad when this could be the day & can't see. :(
Will remember & love you Dad Decorah.

Caution: Exposure to the Son Prevents Burning..
From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

Emyrauld

« Reply #407 on: March 14, 2015, 11:50:11 AM »

It just gets worse 😰😢
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 01:04:25 PM by Emyrauld »
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

MpMom

« Reply #408 on: March 14, 2015, 07:09:40 PM »

:( :( ;)

From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

Emyrauld

« Reply #409 on: March 15, 2015, 08:58:13 AM »

Look Mom --- cam's back.  YAHOOOOOO!!!

Emyrauld

« Reply #410 on: March 15, 2015, 10:48:35 AM »

Just how deep is that nest bowl anyway?

MpMom

« Reply #411 on: March 15, 2015, 12:15:51 PM »

Dad left but came right back

From a sign in Missouri.

Emyrauld

« Reply #412 on: March 15, 2015, 04:01:44 PM »

What a roller coaster tide this hatch watch is.  A 40 kept leaving the eggs, then A48 finally returns
And at first shows no interest.  Later stands and shades so Dr Sharpe does some serious zooming in onto the nest bowl.  Feathers and twigs moving in the breeze provided some exciting moments.  I kept holding my breath and getting closer and closer to the screen.  All I got from it was crossed eyes and nose prints on my ipad. Forgot to take screen caps again.  I do that all the time when I focus in on something.  If nothing else shows up I will get something from the archives and post it later.

MpMom

« Reply #413 on: March 15, 2015, 05:34:19 PM »

Emy, this is odd. Sitting outside of the bowl ???

From a sign in Missouri.

Emyrauld

« Reply #414 on: March 15, 2015, 06:03:10 PM »

It's 85 degrees or so there and I am guessing it is humid too.  They both keep leaving the nest today.  Odd it is indeed, but could be normal for a warm climate.  None of the nest monitors seem concerned at the moment and they seem to have several years of experience.  I will post if if see or hear anything that might show concern by anyone in the know.  I am just too green at this to be offering opinions but very curious about what I am watching today.  My experience has been that it is the female on the nest at hatch time.  Can't recall a hatch I have watched where Dad was on duty, but I haven't read anything that would make that usual.  Just thought it was odd that A48 was gone so long today and gone again now.  But I keep hearing tapping  and wonder if it is a two legged cam fixer and not a woodpecker.  This might explain  odd antsy behavior by the parents too.

MpMom

« Reply #415 on: March 15, 2015, 06:58:26 PM »

Thanks Emy ;)

From a sign in Missouri.

Emyrauld

« Reply #416 on: March 15, 2015, 07:13:32 PM »

Monitors are beginning to wonder what's up too.  One even asked if maybe they have given up.  Much too early to speculate that, I think.  I am sure Dr. Sharp will be commenting soon if there is reason to worry.  Will keep an eye on both the nest and reports for another couple of hours.  My eyes are wearing out though so that will be it for today.  Hopefully will last until sun down.

MpMom

« Reply #417 on: March 15, 2015, 07:15:57 PM »

Yep, this isn't a good thing :(

From a sign in Missouri.

Emyrauld

« Reply #418 on: March 15, 2015, 07:25:46 PM »

A48 came back looked around and left again.  Now all the on duty monitors are expressing oddness and concern.....sigh.  One person spoke up and everyone opened up.  One even said they had been concerned for a while.  What I haven't seen is an egg roll today, but who the heck can tell what's going on when they are digging in that hole. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 07:35:31 PM by Emyrauld »

MpMom

« Reply #419 on: March 15, 2015, 07:29:00 PM »

I am so sad. I waited 2 yrs for these two to be parents. I'm waiting for the ravens to come now. I wonder what happened. Maybe the eggs are broken.

From a sign in Missouri.