Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California  (Read 231325 times)

Emyrauld

Re: Sauces Bald Eagle Cam, California
« Reply #375 on: February 16, 2015, 09:04:32 PM »

Some kind of trouble here tonight below the nest out of view beginning around 6:00 nest time.   Audio is out of sync making it hard to determine what is going on.  Some monitors think they were defending nest from fox in tree.  Will post video if one becomes available.  Parents seem okay as it gets dark.  I will make one from archives if no others appear.
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

MpMom

• D1 in all of her beauty. Love 12,14,18,4,25 & 35
« Reply #376 on: February 16, 2015, 09:23:30 PM »

Hi Emy!
Looks like 2 egglets to me. Very hard to sit & watch now, can never see in the bowl the way the camera is. I wish next year they could raise it higher.
Oh gosh I hope like heck these 2 don't have any problems with fox, ravens or anything now!!!
She is going to make such a good mom!!
Will remember & love you Dad Decorah.

Caution: Exposure to the Son Prevents Burning..
From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

Emyrauld

« Reply #377 on: February 17, 2015, 07:43:04 AM »

The video of the drama posted on ISW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScxDibnxoXs

Latest theory by one of the monitors is that A40 brought  a fish into the area under the nest.  A48 got mad and went down to retrieve it.  This got the adrenalin flowing and ended up with them taking it out on some nearby ravens.  Hope this is right, much better than the fox bring back.  With the sound  so out of synch so hard to match what is heard with what is seen.
A sense of humor can help you overlook the unattractive, tolerate the unpleasant, cope with the unexpected and smile through the unbearable....Moshe Woldoks

Emyrauld

« Reply #378 on: February 17, 2015, 10:14:49 AM »

In the darkness before the dawn, the drama continues.  Parents remained on edge for quite some time after.  The barking noise here is  like a  more muffled noise I heard last night at about 17:18 pm.  Sure wish we could figure out what is going on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpBuBeZun4M
Uploaded by yellodogg
Early Morning visitor stops to harass the Sauces canyon pair.. This is an audio only...

Emyrauld

« Reply #379 on: February 19, 2015, 02:15:18 PM »

The skeptics (and me) said 1.  I watched and watched and watched.   Every roll told me 1.   Well the believers (and MPmom) said 2 and now the proof has been posted and I find myself in a very familiar position...

Emyrauld

« Reply #380 on: February 19, 2015, 02:32:30 PM »

Here is the video.  Shows at 11:57:22.   Man you have to be fast.  The skeptics are still skeptical.  I have joined Team Believer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkAMY1J0RFE

Emyrauld

« Reply #381 on: February 21, 2015, 08:08:24 PM »

A48 is taking her own sweet time returning from her breaks.  This is causing A40 a very high level of anxiety at times.  Today he called and whined and cried for what must have been hours before she returned.  I think he has some residual memory of when A27 left and didn't return.  Ravens in the area did nothing to quell his fears.  I feel sorry for him.

Emyrauld

« Reply #382 on: February 23, 2015, 09:52:08 PM »

Caught this shift change in the archives for today.  A48 comes in with even more fluff.  I don't think they ever come in empty handed, or should I say taloned.  A40 exits almost straight into the cam.
I have noticed that 4 of the nest monitors are reporting using the term "rolls the egg" and two are reporting "rolls the egg/s"  I have yet to see what looked like two eggs being rolled at any given time but there is that capture.  Don't know what to think.

Emyrauld

« Reply #383 on: February 28, 2015, 06:45:53 PM »

Pleased to report that save for that incessant wind and the what seems to be more than average rain, things here are pleasantly boring for the last several days.  Only a couple of weeks until we can start watching for pips...scratch that.  Whose going to see pips in that nest bowl?  Make that a hatch in a couple of weeks.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 09:09:58 PM by Emyrauld »

MpMom

« Reply #384 on: February 28, 2015, 08:44:42 PM »

Emy, thank you so much for your reports & pics!!!
You know how much I love these 2. Wish we could see the egglets.
I've been crazy with all of the nest egging going on. Will try to get back here.
Thanks again!!! :-*

From a sign in Missouri.
From T40~"I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with you. And then I realized...you spent the rest of your life with me."

Emyrauld

« Reply #385 on: March 01, 2015, 09:18:07 PM »

Sauces Canyon has fixed the IR cam and it just came on with audio!  And the first thing we hear is the stupid fox.

Follow up...it froze and then broke in under two hours.  I was hoping that those warm white egg/s would show up better on the IR image.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 11:38:29 AM by Emyrauld »

Emyrauld

« Reply #386 on: March 03, 2015, 01:37:29 PM »

I heard a cat here yesterday and again this morning.   Couldn't figure out where it was coming from.  Well it would seem that there is a large population of starlings here practicing ventriloquism.  The fox (probably what I thought was a cat) and frogs are some of their favourite imitations.  Who knew?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:42:36 PM by Emyrauld »

Emyrauld

« Reply #387 on: March 05, 2015, 06:07:54 AM »

According to Eagle Duo at IWS A48 is also a first time mom to be.  This is her third year at this site and my third year watching her.  I didn't know she was so young.  Please let this be a successful hatch...here is Duo's video from yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bId3yQAd578

MpMom

« Reply #388 on: March 05, 2015, 08:02:51 AM »

Thanks Emy! Yes, she is a 1st time mom. Last year if the egg would have survived would have been her 1st baby. She is going to make a wonderful mom.

From a sign in Missouri.

MpMom

« Reply #389 on: March 05, 2015, 06:55:13 PM »

???

From a sign in Missouri.