Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1103717 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28695 on: July 17, 2024, 05:50:01 AM »

hi you guys it really nice here 65 not humid  :)

hi paulie sure is alot nicer this morning! i saw high temp for you today i think so hoping yours passes today be nice for you tomorrow yesterday lots to do i unloaded the groceries car in garage it is not ac but the vent from the laundry room goes out there and i got a little fan sitting in front of that blowing high speed laundry room really cold small room with big vent when i go in an out i say any cats want in here and some go in there got a bed sits on top the washer and food bowls water on the dryer got them out in the garage too. when i put the car in car is hot from driving it and makes garage hot till it cools off when i go out in the garage i think man its hot out here but when i am outside and come in the garage i think man its cool in here. and i had to clean up around the doors scrubbed the floor cause renewal by anderson man came at 2 jim set that up i was not happy to have to do that but he was a nice man could not get the same kind of door back 20 years ago i am old school hard to change on some stuff i know what works for me and my dogs.  kitchen door was pitiful real bad from years of big dogs and weather and wind i picked out door i wanted did not want a slider at all same one side opens up cant get blinds in between them at this place but got that tinted one he had samples and stuff cant get just a regular door knob a round one dogs cant mess that up cant get that on kitchen door so got a heavy duty handle one and if the dogs messed it up they will fix it. front door i got one i liked and you can get regular door knob with and dead bolt on both doors other door in living room we are going to have it framed in and siding make it a wall all across dont need that door never never used it. i should of had it taken out when we had this house built. jim wanted front door i wanted that kitchen door and the price wow wee way too high i said just get that kitchen one but he wanted the front door too got some taken off and ordered both still say too high jim said we will never have to worry about the doors again well i hope so jim we are old but its the money his dad left him so. i would hope these doors be better than home depot or lowes although our home depot patio doors lasted along time but really it is shot. girls were in jims room barking whole time finally we had him go outside brought girls in the kitchen with me we got that solid wooden half gate between the  kitchen and the  lr.  they were good till greg saleman opened his mouth i said greg if you keep quiet they will be fine.   :) he showed us pictures of his dog she was very pretty retriever dog only a year old and he was our age he said no more puppies i hear you buddy.  joho sent me pictures of the bears up in ely feeding them and stuff his view from the room there and stuff said doc told me hi they are having a good time

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/87055D5A2B24?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28696 on: July 17, 2024, 05:55:40 AM »

A 150-foot iceberg makes its way through Iceberg Alley near Ferryland, Newfoundland, Canada.
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28697 on: July 17, 2024, 09:36:49 AM »

Hi cal, That's quite a door story. Can Jim put a round door knob on new door? Nothing is made good and to last like things were years ago.

Good that johoward is having a nice time.

Surprising and scary photo.

Did you ever contact Neva or her family? Sad is all I can assume. I've said a prayer for her.

calhound

« Reply #28698 on: July 17, 2024, 10:59:32 AM »

hi paulie i did ask jim if he can put a round knob on the kitchen door that man was right there when i ask jim but i think maybe he can use his drill with that size hole but have to make another hole above that door with deadbolt lock i need that cause i got big hippo dogs for the price of these two doors should get them how i wanted them could buy lots of doors like the one i have now but then jim would have to get someone to put it in or do it himself and there is the rub.  jim dont want to do that and really i rather someone else did that but his friend justin said he could put it in i know that iceberg wonder if animals are on it and how sad it is floating away our climate anymore pretty sad and that is scary paulie you got an email i left you a pm with mine
« Last Edit: July 17, 2024, 04:54:11 PM by calhound »

calhound

« Reply #28699 on: July 18, 2024, 04:52:42 AM »

Big Bears and Little Ducklings - UPDATE July 17, 2024

Snowball and Cupcake
Snowball in tree
Snowball in tree

With bigger bears coming in now after mating season, little yearling Snowball and her brothers Twinkie and Cupcake get their food at the base of a big white pine they can run up for refuge. The picture is of Snowball and Cupcake, and the bear out on a limb is Snowball.

Mallard w/duckling
Mallard w/duckling

But oddly, when a mallard and her duckling came walking out of the bushes toward a fairly big bear, the bear edged away. The couple kept coming. The bear moved off into the bushes. The mother and duckling shortly turned away to calmly walk back toward the lake. It was surprising, but I’ve seen a bear run when a butterfly landed on its back, so you never know.

Twinkie decided to dine away from the white pine, stuffing himself with white clover leaves.

Twinkie eating clover
Twinkie eating clover

25-year-old RC paid a visit to show how much white she has on her face. The bright white on the top of her neck is just glare from the sun, though. To complete the family sighting, her son River also made an appearance as a yearling who has grown fast.

It’s nice to see a good number of bears with rapidly declining testosterone levels eating mostly without strife unless Spanky is in their midst. This special needs bear is a terror, going ferociously after bear after bear, most of them larger than himself. He has a hard time recognizing danger, but the bears recognize him as danger. Even so, the confrontation often gets resolved when the fleeing bear whirls and faces him, creating a standoff that is tense until the bears mutually back down and both edge away from the other.

River son of RC
River son of RC
RC at 25
RC at 25
Always excitement. The Black Bear Field Study Course group is ecstatic at what they are seeing. Starting with different views of bears, one lady is here to get over her fear, which she quickly shed as she met bear after bear and is coming to a satisfyingly comfortable view. Others are here to advance and confirm their more trusting views. It’s good to see people seeing so much, learning so much, and showing love for bears. That is part of why I so look forward to each course.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #28700 on: July 18, 2024, 04:58:48 AM »

hi you guys its nice here 62 nice update and when doc is talking about his bear study group now it includes joho and his daughter debbie! nice people can see bears are nice good you mess with moms kids she does not like that my mom did not like that either moms dont.i hope no one thinks they just have to take a bears life anymore. leave them be. tv babies are up and almost all black now

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/CB055D4C2A09?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #28701 on: July 18, 2024, 06:40:53 AM »

This shadow on the Superstition Mountains, Apache Junction, AZ, the cougar, only appears twice a year for approximately a week just as the sun is setting. It was amazing to watch...I'm filled with gratitude having been there to witness. All things strange and unusual.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #28702 on: July 19, 2024, 05:22:26 AM »

hi you guys its 59 here i am ready for the moon to come back

Photographer Tony Austin was at the tail-end of a 3-hour nature walk recently when a murder of crows landed nearby. When 1 of the crows started “acting strangely,” Austin began photographing it.
Anting is a behavior in which crows land on an anthill and allow ants to infest their feathers. The ants then spray formic acid on their feathers. This acid will act as an insecticide, fungicide, and bactericide that will rid the bird of all its disease-causing pathogens

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/31055D4A94CA

calhound

« Reply #28703 on: July 20, 2024, 05:23:12 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here says rain coming around ten this morning or earlier maybe joho and debbie i think are heading home today.   :) tv cam is on but not showing the kids they must be sleeping to the side of that door

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/3A055D55EAB7?z=0

calhound

« Reply #28704 on: July 21, 2024, 04:59:41 AM »

hi you guys its 64 rained most of the day yesterday no storms but rain

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/4C055D58F264?z=0

calhound

« Reply #28705 on: July 21, 2024, 05:08:13 AM »

Alice Cooper feeding kids at a food bank.
They have no idea who he is

johoward

« Reply #28706 on: July 21, 2024, 10:45:28 AM »

7:43 Finally got to do it.  I am sick with a bad noncovid cold.  Really watery eyes make it very difficult to type, move pieces  etc. Staying up all night in Chicago due to Microsoft and Crowdstrike poor performance did not help.  I laid down at 5 PM yesterday, and woke at 10 this morning.  Still feel I should be in bed.  Will nap soon.  The good news is Karen collected all my papers and now I feel very rich to have all the funnies and Dear Abbys I want.  I can't make up my mind to read al tyhe news for each day.  Which by now is old news, but new to me.  Or should I binge read all the comics and Dear Abbies.  So hard to chose. LOL  Reading all the news is taking away my morning time to visit here with you all.
Doc Judy, Lorrie, and Andrea were very gracious host for Debbie and I.  The other coursers were of a wide variety from very young to very old, me.  All of us did have a deep respect for Doc and the bears.  We all were able to hand feed all the bears we could hope for.  The bears demonstrated a great deal of trust in us, and a great deal of distrust in each other.  There was lots of "GIT" moments.  Did you ever have a 300 pound animal at your feet suddenly tense up and posture in obvious warning position.  Show the "long Face" as Doc would put it.
It was a very good visit.  We saw the Bear Center on three occasions, and still did not take in all that it has to offer in education.  Doc has done an excellent job of documenting his observations of bear behavior and posting them for all to see. The Bear Center is extraordinary.  Tasha, Holly, and Lucky were cooperative and impressive.
Well, I have to go now.  Sorry to say. GBU EV1

calihoula

« Reply #28707 on: July 21, 2024, 12:44:02 PM »

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28708 on: July 21, 2024, 02:14:33 PM »

hi joho!  :) sorry you are sick but happy you are home i had ask sharon is she saw you but marge told me she did see you   :) i just saw biden not rerunning yes he needed to do that i heard vp to harris yes roy cooper top on list i been saying that but for president not vice i think trump can beat her news saying her views same as biden saying dem have doubts with her. jim said they dont know roy cooper while back i said oh yes they do.  and they do. i saw trump talking to pres zen zen said it was a very good phone call so i hope in case trump does win he will cont to help ukraine  yes i had 300 lb or more animal at my feet tense up had them go bezerk while on their back etc i never fed a bear or petted one pretty cool joho! are your muscles real sore from your cold too?

calihoula

« Reply #28709 on: July 21, 2024, 03:35:57 PM »

No, Kamala Harris will not automatically replace Biden as presidential nominee

President Biden dropped out of the 2024 presidential race and said he endorses Vice President Kamala Harris. But she’s not guaranteed to be the new nominee.

And, if that candidate drops out of the race, there’s no other rule that says delegates would automatically be bound to choosing a specific person to replace them. That’s why Harris will not automatically become the Democratic presidential nominee.
So what happens instead?
All of the nearly 4,000 Biden delegates are allowed to cast their votes for anyone they want. This process is known as a brokered convention and it’s how nominees were decided until presidential primaries became the norm.
If no candidate has a majority after the first round of voting, party elders called “superdelegates” are allowed to participate in the next round.
The delegates continue to vote until someone wins a majority and becomes the next presidential nominee.

so roy cooper could win