Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1103753 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28680 on: July 13, 2024, 05:07:25 AM »

hi you guys its 73 here 72 in the barn

hi joho have a safe trip take some pictures have a good time tv babies sleeping

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F4055D5749D1?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28681 on: July 13, 2024, 12:39:30 PM »

9:05, but was on phone with Debbie while doing puzzle.  We had a lot to talk about.  The trip was, of course, first.  I finally know what day we are leaving.  It is tomorrow.  I had to tell her that she will be brought to my house by me tonight at 8 o'clock so that her car can stay in her garage while we are away.  She thought she was to drive here and leave it in my garage, but I don't have room for two cars, because I now have my motorcycle and huge garbage cans and a big electric scooter and some miscellaneous stuff.  I guess I am ready.  I don't have anything in the fridge.  So we will not be eating anything tonight or tomorrow morning.  We will get up at 4 am and splash off.  Then John will be here at 4:30 to take us to the airport.  Our flight leaves at 7:00.  It was at 9am, but they changed it to 7am.
Well, I delayed sending this a long time.  Not sure why.???  Now I just finished lunch at 1:30.  Need to go get the mail, wash dishes, make the beds, then shower and shave I guess.  Don't know what else I can do to get ready.
Did have a good evening with Karen last night.  She made chicken hot dogs with lots of veggies and her normal healthy salad.  Then we played cards for a while.  Then we started to watch a good Disney movie called Cruella.  After a long time we found out that this is a very long movie and would not be over until 1AM.  So I headed for home about 11.  Not sure how it ends.
I will say bye for now.
GBU Israel, Ukraine and those in need.  Will Not Be Here for a week or so, but don't worry.  I will be with Doc and the bears.

calhound

« Reply #28682 on: July 13, 2024, 03:40:37 PM »

hi joho it is hot here heat advisory for next few days like 100 something tv babies i checked on them so hot they are by the open door there. hope they are catching a breeze wish they had a fan little ac be nice for them no you cant fit another car in there do not oversleep be safe make sure you guys make it back jim called his mule friend got his farrier name and number and left him a message indy needs his nails done bad. jim was thinking of trying to do it but i think let a farrier and one that does mules do it. he said this guy is really good and gently with mules have a good time get something to eat tonight when you get debbie i cannot see you going without food    :)
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28683 on: July 13, 2024, 07:06:33 PM »

Oh Cal,  Would do me good to skip a few calories.  I am out of bread meat cheese everything.  Now getting ready to bring Debbie over.  I will stop on my way to get her to eat carry out.  She is on a strict diet and won't eat either.
I see on the news Trump got shot in the earlobe and some in his crowd were killed by a shooter who is dead too.  This is bad for the USA. 
GBU EV! GB The USA.  We need it.

calhound

« Reply #28684 on: July 14, 2024, 05:11:54 AM »

HI joho its 79 here and was lighting all over the skies when i was tossing out cookie making my way to the barn rain coming back out but now its quiet hot and quiet i was in the barn when trump got shot came in jim had it on the tv what a shame yes we said this country anymore. awful that one person at the rally just being at the rally shot and killed trump shot two other injured that shooter wont be doing that again but what about the next one this is very bad for the usa yes i agree jim said that too.  too bad that could not of been putin have a safe trip will miss you

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/9B055D599F0D?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #28685 on: July 14, 2024, 10:17:27 AM »

this dog looks like my Brownie
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28686 on: July 14, 2024, 12:21:27 PM »

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28687 on: July 14, 2024, 12:22:53 PM »

July 12 at 10:51 AM  ·
In December 1984, a group of 3,000 beluga whales were trapped by ice in the Chukchi Sea, near Russia. The whales were confined to small open water ponds surrounded by thick, impassable ice up to 10 feet thick in some areas.

Without access to larger areas of the ocean, the whales had difficulty breathing and were at risk of dying. To help rescue them, an icebreaker named Admiral Makarov was brought in, equipped with a specially reinforced ice-breaking hull. The ship attempted to take the whales to safety by breaking the ice, but the belugas initially refused to follow.

When the crew began playing classical music like Tchaikovsky over the ship's speakers, the whales finally began to follow the Makarov through the narrow open-water channel. This allowed 2,000 whales to reach the unfrozen ocean after a journey of almost 100 miles. The successful rescue effort lasted several days and was later dubbed "Operation Beluga." It was a massive undertaking that involved several countries, including the Soviet Union, the United States, Canada, and Japan.

Amazing how countries can come together to save whales yet we kill each other great story

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28688 on: July 14, 2024, 03:15:08 PM »

hi paulie! i just checked my cousin on fb she posted this an hour ago
Hi cal! Good news for your cousin.

My area has been in a heat wave of mid to high 90s for about two weeks. Another this week with heat index tomorrow and Tuesday of 108. Too hot!

I hope your temps are better.

Amazing story about the whales and music.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28689 on: July 14, 2024, 03:22:16 PM »

Yes Paulie.  I think it will be great for her especially.
 You should know that Joan and I honeymooned in Althom, PA.  Which is on the West bank of the Allegheny halfway between Tidioute and Warren.  I love the PA mountains and rivers.  I live near Cleveland and a lot of the locals held us flatlanders in very small esteem. LOL
Hi johoward, Safe travels and enjoy!

Very nice about you and Joan in Althom, PA! You were super north and where it gets very snowy and cold.
I agree with you about PA mountains and rivers absolutely!
You get your fair share of cold and snow near Cleveland too.

Again safe travels and enjoy!

calihoula

« Reply #28690 on: July 14, 2024, 06:17:19 PM »

hi paulie! no weather here is awful! its real feel 110 tomorrow 112 weather lady katie horner says its that dew point makes it so humid so bad its nice in house and indy is happy  barn at 72 and even shuts off for awhile suppose to get better wednesday we have tons of trees big bushes all over so birds can get shade other animals got lots of raccoonies holed up in the barn they aint stupid  :) i saw this cruddy weather by you that whale story was amazing

calihoula

« Reply #28691 on: July 15, 2024, 02:45:12 PM »

hi you guys it is extremely hot humid here i am sorry i did not post till now lots to do now back to barn again been going out with cali she is old very hot i go with my walker get her back in let out penny brownie so forth put ice cubes in bird water raccoonie water bowl by side door ice in cats bowl my fingers are very swollen sore where my horse tuco broke it years ago i will post tomorrow everyone be careful in this heat please be careful for pets and wildlife

calhound

« Reply #28692 on: July 16, 2024, 04:33:39 AM »

hi you guys its is still extremely hot here humid its 91 it was 91 when i got up at 1:30 am and went to let dogs out wow hot still then to barn where it was 72 nice and cool. only one more day of this then be cooler. got to pick up groceries this morning and unload all them  :(

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/12055D5CD8B4

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28693 on: July 16, 2024, 09:18:20 AM »

Hi cal, My heavens to your temps the other day of 110 and 112! Too hot for sure. Really nice that you have lots of trees and bushes for shade for birds and animals to share. Your barn is a nice 72.

Same here with one maybe two more days of heat wave. Not much rain predicted though.

Be careful unloading groceries in the heat.

calhound

« Reply #28694 on: July 17, 2024, 05:26:04 AM »