Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1113243 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28665 on: July 08, 2024, 04:53:12 AM »

hi you guys its 70 here my cousins are watching out for that hurricane making landfall in texas anytime now i think. yesterday power went out here big storm but it came right back on ty heavy rain the barn did take on some water i put pellets out around the outer edges back by indy and called for more rain last night but it did not rain real hard barn was still holding awhile ago. i am sick of this summer cant go but a couple days without rain and not normal just some rain heavy rain for days at a time. everything around here is over grown i cant mow anymore jim cant keep up with all this indys pasture sure does need to be mowed dogs yard too around the house is mowed and that is alot and jims barn looks good that is alot too. i do good with all my daily chores and going to the grocery store once a week and harps. the bank and get gas for my cars. 

hi joho saw the tv babies they are up and grooming themselves. when do you and debbie leave for your trip to see the bears?

hi paulie i hope you are doing okay

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E5055D54E650?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28666 on: July 08, 2024, 06:52:25 AM »

6:20  on baby goslings.  No comment, but eyes are still watery.  LOL
Did not see Karen yesterday, and she works today. so..
I did see our friend Billie last evening.  He is doing good, but was rear ended last May, and suffered sever backlash injuries all summer.  His little truck is severely damaged.  That is sad, because he did an excellent job of restoring this truck when he got it a few years ago. He really likes his truck.  He said the insurance company wants to total it out for money, but he told them to fix it.  I hope it lasts for him.  Sometimes with severe impact there is a lot of hidden damage to bearings etc. from the Brinelling Effect.
Debbie and I are leaving for Ely on Monday morning at 4 am.  We will be in The Grand Ely Lodge at about 6PM on July 14th.  We will be at the Wildlife Center the morning of Tuesday July 15th. for the week. 
Our babies are growing nicely.  The camera crew at the eagle nest are doing a good job of tracking the eagle babies around their pasture.  Even showing us the neighbors now and then.  Very nice.
Bye for now EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine and all who are suffering.

calihoula

« Reply #28667 on: July 08, 2024, 08:45:00 AM »

hi joho got my chores done for couple of hours now need to order groceries pick up in the morning got weather channel on in houston wow bad  weather man can barely stand then he moved to safer place pieces of hilton sign way up high blowing off millions without power my cousins showed video they are by houston really raining windy for them i asked if they got power are you guys flying to dulth then driving on to ely im sad for billy i hope that driver that did that had insurance at least if not hope law gets them around here big deal not having insurance what shame hurt bad and hurt his beloved truck
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28668 on: July 08, 2024, 09:57:20 AM »

Yes fly from Cleveland to Duluth.  Rent car and drive north for a long ways.  Only three right turns and 112 miles later we will be in Ely about 5:30 pm on the 14th.

calhound

« Reply #28669 on: July 09, 2024, 05:41:39 AM »

hi you guys its 68 here it was 70 in the barn and its 69 in the house got to go pickup groceries jim on vacation this week. my cousins in houston area still no power and its hot so hoping they get back on today. not only power lines down but snapped off electric poles like twigs.

hi joho sounds like debbie made good plans only three right turns and 112 miles not bad at all. i remember long ago use to have friends lived in chaska mn and it was a straight shot almost on 1-35 up there had to go thru stuff in des moines ia but then it was good took 7 hours for me drive up there. our friends big jim he ran the valley bowling  it was fun too bowl play pool nice place to eat inside and pinball machine  you will have that nice car to ride in too. are you driving  tv babies sleeping

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/C2055D501C1F?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28670 on: July 09, 2024, 01:05:35 PM »

hi paulie i hope you are doing okay
Hi cal, Yepper I'm doing okay. I've been stopping in at Cheers when I can to check on a friend's brother when I can because we go out of town a lot during summer to a cabin we have on one of the mountains in western PA.

I only read posts here from yesterday to today. I hope your cousins get power soon. Terrible storm. Other than that I hope all's good with you and Jim.

johoward, Sounds like a very nice get away for you. Enjoy

calihoula

« Reply #28671 on: July 09, 2024, 01:34:36 PM »

hi paulie! i just checked my cousin on fb she posted this an hour ago

1h  ·
Everything back to normal around here.
Getting gas is crazy.  No power, no pump to pump gas.
Left for Dr. on less than a 1/4 of a tank.  Arrived back home it was on empty!
All that's left of storm is gas, power lines and clean up!  Heart goes out to our Maintenance man.  Roof tiles everywhere, trees down, fences down, tree in pool etc.
Office was kind enough to give him a hand saw!!!
Hope all is well with you and yours.

so i guess she got her power back on at her apt now i will message her son my cousin also see if he and renee got power back to their home. i hope so its hot there and they got their two dogs tag is pretty old dexter like 6 i think big dogs rescues very very sweet.  very nice paulie on your mountain cabin what kind of wildlife do you see there? maybe a mountain goat some snow
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28672 on: July 09, 2024, 05:00:19 PM »

Yes Paulie.  I think it will be great for her especially.
 You should know that Joan and I honeymooned in Althom, PA.  Which is on the West bank of the Allegheny halfway between Tidioute and Warren.  I love the PA mountains and rivers.  I live near Cleveland and a lot of the locals held us flatlanders in very small esteem. LOL
Hi Cal, Sounds like your friends will be able to make it, and then wait for the next big storm.  The wildlife around our Honeymoon cabin was lots of deer and chip monks.  I have seen bear in the hills along the river on three or four occasions.  They were always running away from me as fast as they could go, and that was fast.  Up hill and brush did not slow them down one bit.  Joan also was very close to stepping on a rattle snake while we picnicking on the mountain side in September.
 I have been in those same woods hundreds of times before, and for years after that scare.  I have never seen another rattler.  Leave it to the luck of a young city girl from the East Side of Cleveland to walk up on the only snake of my long life.  Poor Joan. 
We went back to the area several times for many good vacations.  On our 7th anniversary we took my brother and his family to Hunting Valley Lodge where we had honeymooned.  It was the 4th of july, and we enjoyed the fireworks in Tidioute.   She did not go hiking.

calhound

« Reply #28673 on: July 10, 2024, 05:46:24 AM »

hi you guys its 66 here clear i saw a shooting star when i let the dogs out around 2;30 am will get bad hot again this weekend around 105   :( each day getting a little shorter yay for that.

hi joho i forgot to tell you but when i read your rattler story with poor joan i have been seeing snakes in my barn again. i got out my snake away and throwing it all in the barn i saw the tail of a black one in sweets stall if sweets been there he would of rammed it but thru the bars i threw out snake away on it and it did not move i knew something wrong cause they would move. i got my cane and pulled it up out of that hay pulled it over to me. it was part of the snake something i am sure that one raccoonie that goes in there eating up cookies i throw out there for my bird and mice had bitten it in  half. it was heavy too i brought it inside took it downstairs in the freezer will bury it later felt bad for it. i went in yesterday and one was moving into one of the big poop buckets i let it go in it then put a cover on it and took it outside jim took it down the road let it out. when my mom and dad took us kids on a family vacation we went thru az and my dad was sitting down on some rocks and looked over and a rattler was sitting next to him. he got up slowly and moved away. no one hurt. we went on to vegas where lots of dads family lived went up to the mountains there i loved that. i will google althom pa later.  kenny chelsay i like his music pirate flag  bar at the end of the world  was at arrowhead few days ago news showed place was packed. he had on a kc chiefs sleeveless tshirt what biceps he has too.  he held up a license place that said KCINKC

tv babies are up

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F3055D5D5FBC?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28674 on: July 10, 2024, 12:49:00 PM »

I did the puzzle.  Thanks Cal.  I forgot to post the time.  I think it was fairly quick.  Been admiring the weather today.  A harsh wind and rain at 2 am.  Then periodic moderate rains through the morning.  79 and windy says the net.  Need to get a haircut for the trip to Ely.  Can't decide if I should go with the bald face look or not.  Karen says no she likes the whiskers, but Debbie says yes.  Least maintenance the better she says.  I think I will cut the bushy white beard off myself( gets rid of about 15 years), and let the barber shave my head( gets rid of ten years more).  I could pass for 60, and NO MAINTENANCE AT ALL FOR WEEKS.
Gotta get going now. So CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, and all who may be suffering.

calhound

« Reply #28675 on: July 11, 2024, 05:44:43 AM »

Bears Are Busting Out All Over - UPDATE July 10, 2024

Ursula approaches
Ursula
Ursula
The biggest surprise is 19-year-old Ursula who we haven’t seen since August 22 of 2022 when she had no cubs. She had litters of four in 2017 and 2019 before disappearing with only one appearance until today when she showed up at her favorite feeding spot with three cubs, her familiar scar, and her usual peaceable presence. She is the mother who was filmed back in 2015 with her three cubs for Wildlife Reunions TV program. Now here she is, maybe to say she is alright and would like to again use her peaceful personality and pretty face to represent bears now being filmed by Peter Lown who also filmed her for Wildlife Reunions. In fact, Peter’s good memories of Ursula in Wildlife Reunions is a big reason he is back. Thank you Ursula.

Jewel
Jewel
 Jewels cub
Jewels cub
Another treat today was seeing 15-year-old Jewel of den cam fame with Fern and Herbie back in 2011 and 2012. Today, she again had two cubs (sexes unknown).

Bald Eagle Juvenile
Bald Eagle Juvenile
 Deer fawn
Deer fawn
A nice time with the super Bear Course participants was a pontoon ride to Lily and Hope’s den of 2010 with a stop on the way to see how the two young eagles are doing. One was perched on a branch near the decades-old nest, and the other was in the nest with only the top of his head visible.

Loon grooming
Loon grooms

Along the way, we saw a loon ignore us and keep grooming as we slowly went by and a spotted deer fawn that was watching us from shore.

Good times.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #28676 on: July 11, 2024, 05:52:09 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here was storming earlier little raccoonies now in the barn saw one yesterday afternoon i had seen it before it now knows i am the lunch lady comes right to me. just a wonderful update today i too was so happy to ursula!  she should be in the new movie for sure as well as jewel and others.  cali had a bad day yesterday i dont know what she seemed confused not able to get up her bed in my room i gave her a low dose aspirin i remember ed having me do that once with an old dog he thought might of had a stroke. so i was up alot last night worrying over her she is better this morning she went out to pee i got my walker and went out too but she went down the ramp peed in the rain came back in shoot jim is up cause i am planning on laying back down with cali i almost got everyone fed for a big

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/C3055D567D1B?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28677 on: July 11, 2024, 10:45:16 AM »

Hi EV1. Took over 7 minutes for the puzzle, because I was on the phone with my niece, Kelly in CA. We have a lot of gaps in our history.  I was trying to fill some of them.  We hit it off big time talking about animals.  Especially bears and deer, and my nearly here trip to Ely with her cousin Debbie.
What a great update.  WOW! I can't wait to get Debbie up there and maybe see all those bears next week. Bye for now wash is done.  GTG GBU EV1

calhound

« Reply #28678 on: July 12, 2024, 06:05:36 AM »

hi you guys i dont what the temp is here its 71 in the barn going to be warm today and of course maybe thunderstorms. my cousin matt finally got his power back on yesterday he was at work but renee said power company was on their street working he said got it on and dogs cooled down and happy napping. get a generac  tv babies up and one of them has tons of black feathers going to be so hot this weekend hope they will be okay they need a fan

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BE055D578E11

johoward

« Reply #28679 on: July 12, 2024, 10:27:22 AM »

5:18 Hibiscus.  Getting ready to go to Ely.  Very excited.  I think Debbie is packing too much.  Her bag is twice the size of mine.  We are leaving my house at 4 am on Sunday.  So I need to focus on getting ready.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, Joe Biden and the USA.