Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1113190 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28650 on: July 03, 2024, 05:05:07 AM »

Good Feelings - UPDATE July 2, 2024

Family eating peach pie gifted by Lily Fan
The last few days have been a time of good feelings with family and see good feelings in bears. The story began when our daughters Colleen (on the left) and Kelly (on the right) came with the four fun grandkids making me have a good time being the old grandpa. Then a Lily Fan who is vacationing in the study area got wind of it and baked us all a beautiful big tasty peach pie. The picture is of the happy time of eating it a couple days ago that Donna captured with her cell phone.

Twinkie
Twinkie

Snowball w/Twinkie    Snowball w/Twinkie
Snowball and Twinkie
Then, yesterday, yearling Twinkie stopped by. While he was here, Snowball joined him for a few minutes and left. I don’t know where she went, and neither did Twinkie. For about a half hour, most of his time was spent looking one direction and another, making me think he was missing her. Eventually he climbed a tall white pine for an hour nap, mostly hidden in the branches. Then I saw him coming down, looking in one direction—at his sister Snowball. Their reunion at the tree was heart-warming. They put their faces together gently for several minutes, touching noses and cheeks. They just seemed happy to be together.

It was good to see.

Deer
Sleek female deer

Very different was a sleek female deer coming up from the lake alone, warily looking and listening in all directions before proceeding. I suspect the scent of bears made her double check the area though bears in this area of peaceful coexistence pay little or no attention to deer, squirrels, chipmunks, and woodchucks.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #28651 on: July 03, 2024, 09:33:56 AM »

hi you guys i forgot to post on my ipad so cant do puzzle or dog shame have stuff i got to finish will post in a bit
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #28652 on: July 03, 2024, 10:14:15 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28653 on: July 04, 2024, 04:50:48 AM »

hi you guys its 71 here and stormin no body will be shooting off fireworks around here if this keeps up.   :) scaring animals if i can stay awake i will watch fourth of july tonight on pbs 

hi joho tv cam on kids are big and up and around back in far right corner

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/2E055D51E7A8?z=0
« Last Edit: July 04, 2024, 04:52:56 AM by calhound »

johoward

« Reply #28654 on: July 04, 2024, 11:40:58 AM »

6;47  I am late getting on here today. I have yet to look in on cams. Nice out, but they say rain is coming.  Never did get here yesterday.
 Happy 4th to EV1
Debbie is still laughing about that dog who is not allowed on the couch. LOL  So are Karen, Susie, Kelly , and me. I will share it with more as soon as I get done here.
Went to see some fireworks with Karen last night.  It was great.
Will go to her house this evening to watch the National fireworks on PBS.  Maybe New York too.
Bye for now.
 GBU, Israel, Ukraine and all those who are suffering.

johoward

« Reply #28655 on: July 04, 2024, 03:48:55 PM »

Just popped into the bear cam.  I am seeing bears on the Pond and some den cams.  This is a rare treat for me . Thanks whoever is tracking for us.
Happy 4th of July!!!!

johoward

« Reply #28656 on: July 04, 2024, 03:59:18 PM »

I wish I knew who the bears are.  I went back to see the TV babies.  The poor things a frozen with fear from the lots of loud booms going on there.  I thought it was gun shots at first, but there is too much variety of loud sounds. Darn.
Earlier I watched them feed.  Boy they are aggressive to Mom or maybe Dad.  The adult walks away from them for a while.  Then pauses, and they run up and get into her mouth.  This repeated quite a few times until she flew out the open door.
Going back to the bears now.  Debbie is anxious to go there in just 9 days.
CUL EV1 have a safe day please.

calhound

« Reply #28657 on: July 05, 2024, 05:32:17 AM »

hi you guys its 63 here and not raining it rained on an off yesterday very hot steamy muddy awful. indy in his nice cool ac barn. i did not hear one firework here yesterday indy would of been frighten and the dogs i had tv up high barn has radio and ac running but no fireworks i went to bed but woke up to see pbs fireworks and music.

joho that makes me so sad tv babies afraid of firework noise. i just checked on them they are sleeping i hope no fireworks today goodbye fourth of july  if i was their mom and dad i would do that feed and run stuff too. babies just hungry you know. cant believe you and debbie will be heading to bear country in about a week. my fingers on my right hand one where tuco stepped on it and the others next to it been really swollen and so painful i guess this humidity and heat not sure but cant hardly bend them i took some ibprofen and it helped the pain looks like swelling is down this morning.  good you got your bear cam back i am counting the days till winter

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/54055D5005CA?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28658 on: July 05, 2024, 08:38:04 AM »

WOW! 5:07  Great for me. 
Good morning EV1.   Someone just moved the TV cam to see our babies in the straw.  They look good. The big black bear came to eat the seeds at the Snowman cam at about 12:30.  I watched him as he spent time with the feeder.  Then in just a few seconds he flipped the table onto the snowman and shook all the grain off onto to the ground.  You can see through the table that all the grain drops right off.  So all he has to do is lay down and eat it all. He is BIG.
Lots and Lots of geese on the Decorah cam, but now panning the sky.  I see a lone baby eagle across the field from the North cam.  The GSB falcon cam is still doing highlights.  The Flyway Cam is showing a nice calm view of Ol Miss. flowing gently along. Don't see anything on the NABC bear cams.
OK now I will go get started.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine and all those suffering.

calhound

« Reply #28659 on: July 05, 2024, 08:46:07 AM »

hi joho i had to come in my office here checked jewel jim asked if indy okay this morning yes why he said shooting off fireworks he was really afraid i did not hear anything course tv up fan on ac on and dogs outside my bedroom did not hear anything course their fan on high ac on tv on so he stayed out there till midnight with him fireworks were over then. again goodbye fourth of july. im surprised indy heard them he has ac going but not that big fan radio going wow big bear action at snows lol flipping the table take that table gimme that fud im  hungry as a bear have a good day joho
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 12:29:59 PM by calhound »

johoward

« Reply #28660 on: July 05, 2024, 04:39:21 PM »

Did not do much today, but going over to Karen's in a few minutes.  We will sit on her very nice porch if it is nice.  I will invite her to go to some music at the lodge. It is some local people who get together and jam on Friday nights.  The leader lives next door to me and sounds good on his guitar when he practices on his front porch.
Did not see many animals today, because I was napping a lot.  LOL  Tried again to enjoy some soccer.  Did not work.  Looked too artificial to me.  Easy shots missed several times.  So score after an hour of same ol same ol still zero to zero.  Found some of my Friday gold miners, but it was a rerun.  So I came back on here, my computer.
Need to go see Karen soon.  So CUL EV1 GBU

calhound

« Reply #28661 on: July 06, 2024, 05:39:40 AM »

hi you guys its 63 here not raining say rain tomorrow night and monday morning i hope my cousins in texas will be okay from that hurricane coming.

hi joho i dont care for soccer either go do barn chores and come back still same score nothing to nothing dont care much for hockey either. tennis football baseball my dad loved nascar but i dont watch that either when i was little we went to local race tracks and i did like that sit in front bleachers and got covered in mud when they zoomed by and liked the car noise back then. i just saw the tv babies doing some wingin

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/70055D4EAEA0?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28662 on: July 06, 2024, 07:16:25 AM »

4:41  Really fast for me.
Got an early start this morning.
Really enjoying listening to the North babies squeeing in the broken nest tree.  They like to hang out near each other.  I like that.  The TV babies are really getting big and have a lot of black coming in.

Soon they will be looking out on the world from the upper window and the door.  Soon after that they will take wing and soar.  I will miss them, but I am very glad they are here for now.

Well I will let you go and I will go back to watching cams for a while.  I did see Karen for a while.  We played poker, and she gradually lost all her change to me. LOL  She keeps track of who wins. LOL  So I will be hearing about a rematch soon.

Bye for now GBU , Israel, Ukraine, and all who are suffering.

calhound

« Reply #28663 on: July 07, 2024, 05:11:24 AM »

hi you guys its 66 here saw stars in the sky but thunderstorms to come later and tomorrow they say.   tv babies sleeping

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/43055D5139D8?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28664 on: July 07, 2024, 06:48:52 AM »

6:05 Nice out again.  Cloudy but still dry. Don't know temp yet .
Did not see Karen yesterday, and probably won't today either.
Need to start packing.
Things look normal on the cams.  Snow is intact this morning.  TVs starting to move around a little. Got a text from Iowa last night.  She wants to try to see me on Debbie on the porch.  I told her we would spend some time out there as time and activities allow.  We will be at the center early on the 14th and again on the 18th afternoon.  See you then maybe.
Now I gotta get meds and coffee started.  So CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, Ukraine, those suffering.