Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1113335 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28110 on: February 29, 2024, 05:51:27 AM »

hi you guys its 26 here says very high pollen count today  :( bad for cali too yesterday when i came in from the barn i pulled a tick off my back  :P time to flea and tick the dogs 28 in ice 52 in kviv

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B2055D5B699B

gb all animals and gb all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28111 on: February 29, 2024, 10:39:09 AM »

6:34
Got a late start again.  Feels like Winter this morning.
Everything is normal.  Debbie has Bash.  Karen is going to Wii Bowling.  I am going to Marc's and Meijer's on my own.  Marc's has my favorite bread, Nickle's Italian for $2.  Meijer's has Campbells soup for $1 with MPerks.  This will be my first try to use Perks here. Sure hope it works. It was very hard signing up for.  Even with customer service man Tito's help.  I had to do a lot of joining Google, etc.
Maybe I will stop for lunch somewhere.  I have coupons for Arby's Rubin sandwich.  Also, for Marco's Pizza.  Not hungry now, but after shopping I sometimes get an apatite from smelling the groceries in the car.  Sometimes I wait to get home to enjoy what I just bought, but sometimes NOT!
OK now I am heading out, so I will say CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #28112 on: February 29, 2024, 11:24:46 AM »

hi neva well look what hungary got for letting sweden in

World / Europe
Sweden clears final hurdle in bid to join NATO after Hungary approves accession

By Joshua Berlinger and Stephanie Halasz, CNN
 5 minute read
Updated 7:36 PM EST, Mon February 26, 2024

NATO secretary general reacts to Sweden joining the alliance
05:57 - Source: CNN
CNN
 —
Hungary’s parliament overwhelmingly approved Sweden’s bid to join NATO on Monday, clearing the way for the Nordic nation’s accession to the alliance after nearly two years of intense negotiations and dealing a geopolitical blow to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Getting approval from the Hungarian parliament was the final hurdle for Stockholm joining NATO. Swedish Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson visited Budapest on Friday to discuss defense and security cooperation with his Hungarian counterpart, Viktor Orban. The two sides appeared to reconcile, agreeing on a deal that would see Hungary acquire four new Swedish-made Gripen fighter jets.

Of the 194 members of parliament who voted, just six rejected Sweden’s accession.

“Today is a historic day,” Kristersson said on X shortly after the vote. “Sweden stands ready to shoulder its responsibility for Euro-Atlantic security.”

Hungarian Parliament representatives are seen voting on the ratification of Sweden's NATO membership on Monday.
Hungarian Parliament representatives are seen voting on the ratification of Sweden's NATO membership on Monday. Attila Kisbenedek/AFP/Getty Images
At a press conference in Stockholm, Kristersson noted how Russia’s ambitions to limit NATO expansion had backfired. “As for Russia, the only thing we can safely expect is that they do not like Sweden becoming a NATO member. They didn’t like Finland becoming a NATO member either,” Kristersson said.

hi joho goodluck with perks!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28113 on: February 29, 2024, 03:16:18 PM »

just got home from Marc's and Meijer's. Did get Arby sandwich on way home.  Went the back roads through Burns Road park area, and saw 7 nice deer out grazing at 2:45.
Perks did not work.  See now that I paid $1.50 each for 4 Campbell's Soups.  Again, could not get Perks to work, and I was flustered.  Should have just gave them back, but as I say I was flustered. Spent another twenty minutes t the customer un-service counter.  The guy gave me a number to call for help with Perks.  He said something about third party.  I will call them for help.
 I think I am getting closer, but not there yet.  It has taken me two years to get to this point.  Another month or two should not hurt. LOL
I have always marveled at the way our bears eat raw eggs.  Each has a different method.  They all seem to be able to separate the grass etc. from the egg.  Some break the egg inside their mouth and eject the shells.  Some eat the shells and all.
I will say bye for now.  GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #28114 on: March 01, 2024, 05:09:03 AM »

hi you guys its 37 here raining 27 in ice 49 in kviv and 60 in the barn. my old way back from junior high school once again going on about how putin is right doing what he is doing to ukraine. i copied off a picture of flights to moscow from kansas city one way and sent him that. he is blind to ukraine. he can piss off really. told me he meant someone from ukraine and how they took his friend put him on front lines and he was dead in a week like putin did not put all his soldiers on front lines and started the whole thing.  i hope duane has not had a stroke or something cause pretty sick thinking here. i read where putin wants this man in a germany prison was going to do a swap with navalny and then right before trade killed navalny i told jim and he said they should kill that guy putin wants send him a box i said ya no wait just sent the head and jim said ya and tattoo it say your next putin. 

hi joho! darn that perks! giving false hope running you around. dont let them fluster you we dont need that in our life. duane was stressing me out with his putin stuff hating ukraine i will not let that get to me either. i told him i am on side of good not evil and good will win.  duane may become spam in my email.

hi neva!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/EF055D5D4687?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28115 on: March 01, 2024, 08:22:37 AM »

5:24 Yay! Good start to the day.
I think I have finally gotten Mperks useable.  My go test it today.  Just for fun.  Maybe I will try to return the $1.50 soups from yesterday.  Again, just for fun. They had a different email and a different password than showed on my phone app.
Karen has to fill in for a friend at work today, but wants to go out for fish for dinner.  I think we will go to Vermilion where they use the profits to fix up the old ballroom on the shore.  It has a nice vibe.  With some seating along the windows looking out on the lake.  I will ask Debbie to go with us, but she is on her new diet, and will probably not go yet.
Bash was good yesterday at Debbies.  I did not hear from his Mom, Mary, so she is most likely OK.  I will text her again today to be sure.
I have been looing in on the bear cams some, but it is just not as fun as when we had mods and chat.  I miss them.
Hi Rues. Hi Ra. Thinking of you and the all black grey squirrels from Michigan. They are now in New York too I hear.  In Central Park.
Bye now EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #28116 on: March 02, 2024, 05:03:14 AM »

hi you guys its 33 clear 27 in ice 45 in kviv 60 in the barn. i saw navalny funeral awhile ago
WORLD
RUSSIA
Thousands Defy Kremlin to Attend Alexei Navalny’s Funeral in Moscow
Security forces and the opposition leader’s supporters are on edge in Moscow as anger at Vladimir Putin grows

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/AE055D5087FF?z=0

gb navalny gb all animals and gb all us well some of us not you putin

neva

« Reply #28117 on: March 02, 2024, 01:40:30 PM »

Bell, Greece ...  27:17      71°  (12:17 pm)    Clear & sunny

I hope all is going well for all of you.

Cal     I watched a video of Dasha, Alexei Navalny's daughter.  It was a speech she gave.  She intends to carry on her father's work.  She lives here in the U.S. and was educated at Stanford University.  She and her mother will be carrying on his work.  Putin is a fool.  Navalny is still fighting.  Killing him didn't change anything.  I think Alexei expected this to happen.

https://www.ted.com/talks/dasha_navalnaya_lessons_from_my_father_alexey_navalny

Joho      I hope that all is well with you and family.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 02:17:15 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #28118 on: March 02, 2024, 07:44:44 PM »

6:14 finally got to do the puzzle.  Thanks Cal.
I also just listened to Alexei Navalny's daughter, Dasha.  She is a brave girl, but I think is in danger from Putin. Thanks Neva. Her speech was inspiring.  I hope she stays safe.
Debbie had another injection treatment today in Medina.  I have not heard from her since this morning.  She did not go with us for fish last night, because she was not well.  This morning she took her car to the dealer for service that never got done.  She had to make a new appointment for Sunday 3/9 drop off and Monday 3/10 pick up.  I hate dealer service bays, but I will take her back and forth those days.
I made some chili today with the French's Chili-o, and shared it with Karen.  After lunch Karen went on some errands, and I went to see our old friend Bonnie in the memory care unit.  It was a good visit .  She was very happy to see me. I took her a Reese cup that her daughter Annie told me would be a hit.  It was! LOL I was tired when I got home about 5, and layed down.  That was a mistake, because next thing I knew Wheel Of Fortune was on.  I did not have supper yet.  I will have to take a Tylenol PM to go to bed. Almost nine oclock.  So I will get a sandwich and say CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #28119 on: March 03, 2024, 05:04:52 AM »

Wild Action - UPDATE March 2, 2024

Male red fox
Flying squirrel
Flying squirrel
Arriving at the WRI at 5:25 AM for some quiet writing, I was very quickly in the middle of wildlife action. At 5:35, the shy female red fox came peering out of the darkness to see what kind of meat or eggs were available. I later learned that she’d had a big night. She had been coming and going much of the night and getting a reputation as a chaser. Twice she chased or stalked the flying squirrel whose big eyes for good night vision give her good warning. The squirrel easily escaped up a tree where red foxes can’t follow. Lorie Kennedy then caught the shy fox on a trail camera as it tore after the fisher who fled in terror with the fox on its tail. The video, unfortunately, becomes unavailable in 24 hours. The video was a surprise to me, considering the size and reputation of fishers. Shy female red fox
Shy female red fox
I thought it would be the opposite—a moment of learning. A few minutes after the female fox left, the male fox appeared. I didn’t get any pictures, though, because I was seeing if he would take food from my hand. Almost. He expects a person to drop cubes of chicken where he is used to unhesitatingly taking them at our feet. Taking them from my hand, though, was too much. Five inches was as close as he dared to come. I had to lie down in the doorway and hold the meat on the doorstep to get his okay.

Fisher male
Fisher male
The mink makes us feel more accepted. He now readily takes food from our hands and would probably do it with anyone.

Minutes after the male fox left, the big male fisher arrived to hold for a calm-looking picture before quickly eating a surprising amount of chicken, paying little attention to the window where I was clicking. Then he went into action agilely leaping up on the highest feeder where he selected a piece of suet he had to pry off a big screw that had long held it in place. He was successful, seeming to know he had to lift it rather than pull it. He then ran off with it and was gone for about a half hour, making me think he was eating it instead of caching it. Arriving back, he looked around as if for danger, making me feel good that he paid practically no attention to me even when I made noises to get him to look at the camera.

Raven with bedding    Ravens with bedding
Ravens gather bedding
The next visitor was a learning experience. A big male raven landed on a branch only 14 feet from my desk, holding the biggest beak-full of nest bedding I’ve ever seen. He saw me move to aim the camera and flew off, but only to the other side of the yard. Seeing so much bedding material made me think he was adding soft bedding to his nest of sticks to be ready for egg-laying and incubation. At the other side of the yard was his mate who was also gathering bedding. I snapped a quick picture of him still holding the bedding before he did the unexpected. He set it down, walked over to his mate, and together they gathered bedding. When it was time for them to fly off to their nest, he walked over to his big beak-full and holding onto his fresh but smaller beak-full, he jammed his bill into the big ball of vegetation and flew off with his mate for some home-making. That was the first I knew that these birds that spend so much time caressing each other with their bills as mates also gather bedding side by side as if they didn’t want to be apart. I hope they come back to show me more.

Raccoon
Raccoon

Oh, on another topic, the raccoons here don’t fit what Google says about their diet or what people have written to me how much raccoons love eggs. My only explanation why raccoons here have not shown any interest in eggs or meat is that what animals do and what they eat depends on what the alternatives are. Here, they seem to prefer sunflower seed hearts and raw peanuts, ignoring fresh chicken meat and eggs that are only inches away. As I write this, a raccoon is outside my window lying on the railing eating sunflower seeds, calmly lying down even though the shy fox, the chaser, came by and took an egg just six feet from him or her.

I’m hoping that the regular wildlife visitors are still coming during the Black Bear Field Courses in July and August.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #28120 on: March 03, 2024, 05:26:53 AM »

hi you guys its 58 here 29 in ice and 41 in kviv and 60 in the barn. lots of action at the wri happy no one got hurt or worse. i would have a bullhorn hay you move it along

hi neva thank for her speech she looks like her dad and yes i think that too no matter how tall you thought navalny was he was taller and still fighting you putin.  i know this sounds stupid but i hope her living here will help keep her safe from putin. no one safe from him it seems and no one can take him out. he is safe. that is really stupid.

hi joho i hope debbie gets better nice you saw bonnie took her a treat. we got a solid half wood gate keeps penny and brownie out of the living room it has hinges swings both ways the girls chewed an almost hole thru ithe wood sometime ago. this morning i went to open it and hinges deal fell down. boom too on the floor so i just laid it up there and pushed side table next to it to come in here.  :( 

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/46055D54207B?z=0

gb all animals gb navalny and gb all of us not you putin

johoward

« Reply #28121 on: March 03, 2024, 11:07:34 AM »

6:27
That dog shame looks like my niece Susie's dog, Boise.  They have won several agility show awards this winter.  They drove from Saratoga NY to S. Carolina and Florida to compete. They drove back to NY during the heavy winter storm last month.  Took two days instead of one long day.
Don't know if I will see Karen today, and have been reluctant to call Debbie as she may be resting.  I think today she will go to care for the dogs at Berea Rescue.  It is 57 degrees.  So if she wants to, she can go for a pack walk. I think.
Oh my! Debbie is at the hospital with Mary again for vomiting and back pain.  No diagnosis yet.
I have to go now.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #28122 on: March 03, 2024, 12:24:05 PM »

hi joho oh my! let us know!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #28123 on: March 03, 2024, 03:23:28 PM »

La Paz ...  22:25      72°    (2:16  pm)   Sunny + a bit of a breeze.  The birds sound happy.

Joho     Yes please, let us know.

Cal      We can pray for Dasha and her mother, but is anyone beyond Putin's touch?  I wish that the Russians that live here would decide to offer them protection.  They have no love for Putin.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #28124 on: March 04, 2024, 04:57:35 AM »

hi you guys its 55 here 38 in ice 48 in kviv and 59 in the barn.

hi neva we do pray for her and her moms safety pretty sure god is safe from putin and you never know can all the sudden have breaking news ding dong the witch is dead. pray for that i do. cali did not eat her hotdog i always throw her one so i can get in here and feed my two office cats so worried about that. my other barn cat he was not in the barn this morning he is sick got gum problems i gave him an antibiotic for that going to call vet see about getting him fixed but he is not always here and i have no where to put him all that is left is jims room and bathroom he is afraid of jim and will not like that at all. and last time i had that mom cat fix was almost a 3 month wait but someone cancelled so got her right in. im always stressed out over something it seems. saw on my local news shooting at NKC highschool yesterday football field i think nieces and nephew went there. no matter how many shootings lives lost hurt scared we will still have guns guns guns. why its our right to own assault weapons and many of them. ca daughter korissa went to rome vatican and paris etc her half brother lives in paris she took amazing pictures tons of them i have been looking at them at night reading the cards and stuff with them outside beautiful i mean beautiful statues she said so much history here for centuries  ca said to her we cant have that here cause someone is offended and out it goes. not right history is history no matter how you feel still history.

hi joho hope everyone is okay

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/09055D510C05?z=0

gb all animals and gb all of us and not you putin