Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1104844 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28080 on: February 22, 2024, 03:38:40 PM »

Hi EV1.  I am sure they serve vegan meals.  I am not sure Doc dines with all groups.  I think we were blessed, because Donna was out of town the week I was there.
Was a slow day here.  Been on the computer most of the day.  I did take a walk in the rain to the mailbox.  Had to use my umbrella. Have not heard from Karen yet today.  She is at her Wii bowling league.  I was able to help her fix her split screen last night.  She thinks I am smart now. LOL!
Hi Neva,  Nice to see some rain I bet.  I know I like our little drizzle here. Not like the coast, or like Cal's wet barn though.  Just rinsing every thing off. Nice 46 degrees right now, but Karen said she saw lots of temps in the twenties for next little while.  Sounds like a freeze coming.
I sure am missing Marge and all the other mods on bear chat. I am Jonesing as some say.
Bye now GBU

calihoula

« Reply #28081 on: February 22, 2024, 05:29:10 PM »

hi you guys im getting ready to lay down im very tired i had to take another otc arthur pill joho does karen play blowling on her wii sport? i use to play that still got it hooked up down in basement in back bedroom my mom cats are got a bathroom too its on big old time tv a forty inch i got antenna tv channel on cats lay on the bed watch tv i feel like they got some company use to be pollys room when she came up. its kinda finished bathroom is finished rest of basement not its a good big room no window at the very back so safe from bad weather. i have my mom susie boobie ashes dads flag my papa flag my baby book in that room. some other stuff too. split screens pain good you fixed karens your so handy! cali sleeping im going to join her
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28082 on: February 23, 2024, 04:15:58 AM »

Fox, Mink, PeekaBoo, and Bears - UPDATE February 22, 2024

Shy red fox
On February 19, the new shy red fox finally looked in the window at me with curiosity, giving me a good face picture for the records. His or her face looks so much like the nice engaging male that I had a hard time knowing who I was looking at. The best mark is the big white tip on his tail while the usual nice fox has a small white tip. Another difference is behavior. When I come out the door, the nice male accepts it. The new one still panics. Just now I got a call saying both foxes are together at another feeding spot, making us all think the new fox is female. It’s mating season, and we’re both hoping we’ll see little foxes in a few months when they get out and around.

Mink line
Mink "Line"
On February 21, the main mink stopped by, the one with a line down its throat. It was early enough in the morning that I still had a slow shutter speed to catch the blur as he hurried by with his breakfast bologna.

This morning, the PeekaBoo raven came by with the same look as when he(?) peeked out from behind a tree. He didn’t know I was here because the blinds were three quarters down. It was my first opportunity to photograph him so close. I saw a black wing tip as he landed, aimed the camera, and held still. When he stepped into view with the familiar look on his face, I got in two fast clicks as he saw me and leaped into the air within a fraction of a second.Raven
Raven

Tomorrow, it’s bears—but only talking about them. People have been seeing bears out and about in the deciduous forest farther south in Minnesota and Wisconsin but not up here in the transition forest where there is no food to reward them if they were to get up and waste energy. I got a surprise call from Wisconsin Public Radio asking if I would talk about the sightings between 7:00 and 7:30 tomorrow morning. The email they then sent said:

“If you want to encourage others to tune in to the program, they can listen via our livestream by clicking on "The Ideas Network" here: https://www.wpr.org/listen-live. The segment will be recorded and posted later in the day on "The Morning Show" page at wpr.org.”

I don’t know if it will be a couple quick questions or the full half hour, but it sounded like a nice opportunity to talk about my favorite subject.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28083 on: February 23, 2024, 04:21:35 AM »

hi you guys its 40 here 31 in ice 423 in kviv 60 in the barn such a nice update and great pics.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/A7055D5B44D0?z=0

gb all animals and gb all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28084 on: February 23, 2024, 10:25:33 AM »

Hi EV1 %
5;00 even.  Not too bad.  Debbie started her new Low Fodmap diet today.  So she will not be going with us for fish tonight. She seems glad to be doing something positive for her health.  She started the expensive new 14 day regimen of antibiotics yesterday, I think .  She was feeling a little better last night.
  Bash is keeping her company today, and I have been texting her about The Market.  She follows the Market, and likes: Amazon, Ford, B & G Foods, US Steel, Coke, and Apple. So do I.  Karen likes B&G Foods and Ford.  We are all on Schwab.  Mostly for fun and entertainment.  YAY FED! Keep it up!
 I was very excited to see that a US company using an Elon Musk rocket ship has landed a device eon the moon!  The company is Intuitive Machines Inc.  It's stock symbol is LUNR and is up 38% today at $11.49.  I have added them to my watch list.
 Can't buy any yet though, because I only have $5.42 in my cash.  I have to wait until payday on March first.  I am broke until then due to paying property taxes, car and house insurance, and medical costs for me and Debbie.  January is a high cost month for me.  I hope next month will be better. I don't think it could be worse.
OK Now I will quit whining and say CUL EV1.  GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.  Come on Congress!!!!!

neva

« Reply #28085 on: February 23, 2024, 05:45:35 PM »

Ski Run ... 21:51       72°   (4:22 pm)   Sunny

I hope all is well with all who visit here.

Cal    Is your Cali more peaceful, with a quieter nature than the other two?  I was just wondering.

Joho    I remember in High School the Bookkeeping Instructor had us following the Stock Market and I can see why you do it, it was fun.  My Dad used to invest, not in a huge way, but he did okay and enjoyed it.    Glad to hear that Debbie feels a bit better.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #28086 on: February 24, 2024, 04:37:15 AM »

calhound

« Reply #28087 on: February 24, 2024, 04:52:37 AM »

hi you guys its 29 here 28 in ice 47 in kviv and 60 in the barn. suppose to be 71 i think tomorrow and almost 80 monday getting neva weather and still feb. jim got the barn a new ac yesterday wow its huge 4 ton big bucks too but with the new furnace and now this barn will be really cool this summer or sooner should not run as long either cheaper on elec bill he got it set up and today will run the lines and vacumn it out etc.

hi neva! i was saying how much i really like not having penny or brownie in my room anymore really nice for sleeping at night dont have to worry about penny hurting cali when she runs in her sleep or anything really penny just has it for her jim saw that yelling at penny when i go out to the barn i put cali in my room. cali still will act up a little play with brownie brownie loves her but she is a really big dog and cali is not and cali is an old dog now too. but cali is way more laid back than them two for sure. she is my girl. penny brownie use to lay at my door at night all night long so if i had to get up which i did not do very often i was trying to be quiet told them two go back in the kitchen lay on your big beds in front of the fan now last few weeks they do. i feel bad but they are doing okay with it now got use to it and it really is nice for me and cali. did your parade and air show come? too bad eons ago when around here they built the first walmart i did not buy stock im sure i did not have any money to do that back then but if i had of.  the first one was down in southern mo use to go there when i was married to steve his moms family lived in birch tree and mountain grove got the walmart.

hi joho! i too am happy debbie is feeling better! :) i know it makes you feel better.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/7B055D568A4B?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28088 on: February 24, 2024, 10:50:33 AM »

5:50  Burrrrr! Don't spring a leak now.
Bright this morning, but bitter.  25 degrees with strong North wind.  Quick freeze kind of day.  Already been to check the mail box.  No mail yet, but USPS says some on the way.  I thought I heard the mail truck earlier. That is why I went out to the box.  No paper yesterday, and none yet today.  Really feel the mail could improve.
Took Karen to Grafton for fish fry last night. Dinner was great.  Debbie could not go, because she has started her new healthy diet .  Met a man from the past.  He stopped at our table on his way to the door.  I did not recognize him at first, but he knew my name.  After a while I did remember knowing him, and his wife about 30 or 40 years ago. We had a nice visit.  He said he has a Summer job at Cedar Point where he guesses a person's weight, age, or birth month for a fee and a chance to win a toy if he is wrong.  He did not guess my age or my birth month.  So I would have won two stuffed toys. LOL
We then went back to Karen's to watch TV.  I like the Gold Miner stories and she likes the PBS programs.  So we watch each one for a while until some ad or other pause comes up.  Then switch channels for a while.
Well that is enough for now.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 11:27:32 AM by johoward »

neva

« Reply #28089 on: February 24, 2024, 03:13:39 PM »

Artic Zodiac ...  29:12      79°  (1:50 pm)   Sunny, thin clouds and a mild breeze.   

Cal    It's good that you have a better, more comfortable sleeping situation for you and Cali.  I remember when you first got her.

Joho    It sounds like you and Karen had a pleasant evening last night.  That's good for both of you. 
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #28090 on: February 24, 2024, 05:49:21 PM »

hi neva! waiting for my cali cheese pizza cook in microwave 2 minutes eat lay down i told cali you remembered when i got her she said WOW!  :) i remember your love for your maddie rose. sweets was a good boy today not unruly but when jim was outside of the barn he cut a bigger hole for new bigger ac lines to come inside sweets got so scared he ran fast and fell down his hay hill rolling indy ran around too i was back by him picking up his poop almost got knocked down that would of hurt so bad jim should of warned me. but everyone ok pizza done my mattress is really old got it when we built this house and moved in almost 20 years ago i put my moms quilt folded in half on top of blanket and then another blanket i sleep on. it seems to help my bad right side. i mean my right leg my knee my foot i had that surgery on my right shoulder rotator cuff long ago your weather is nice

hi joho i thought guessing weight etc is what carnies did. is he your age? yay on your guys fish fry not yay for the fish
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #28091 on: February 25, 2024, 05:02:03 AM »

hi you guys its 41 here 22 in ice 44 in kviv and 60 in the barn.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F4055D59FEF4?z=0

The body of Russian opposition politician Alexey Navalny has been handed over to his mother, his spokesperson and an aide have said.

“Alexey’s body was given to his mother. Many thanks to all those who demanded this with us,” Navalny spokesperson Kira Yarmysh said on X on Saturday.

Navalny widow says Russia’s Putin torturing him even in death, demands body

The details of his funeral arrangements are yet to be determined, Yarmysh said, and it is unclear whether authorities will interfere.

Ivan Zhdanov, the director of Navalny’s Anti-Corruption Foundation, also confirmed the news on his Telegram account, and thanked “everyone” who had called on Russian authorities to return the body.

“Thank you very much. Thanks to everyone who wrote and recorded video messages. You all did what you needed to do. Thank you. Alexey Navalny’s body has been given to his mother,” Zhdanov wrote.

Navalny’s widow, Yulia Navalnaya, had earlier demanded the release of his body for burial, accusing Russian President Vladimir Putin of mocking Orthodox Christian values and “torturing” his corpse.

“You tortured him alive, and now you keep torturing him dead. You mock the remains of the dead,” she said in a video message to Putin.

Navalny, a 47-year-old widely seen as the most prominent opposition voice in Russia, died on February 16 in a maximum-security Arctic penal colony while serving a 19-year sentence on charges of “extremism”.

Many world leaders, including President Volodymyr Zelenskyy of Ukraine and US President Joe Biden, denounced Navalny’s death, saying it was clear that Russia was responsible, with many specifically blaming the Russian president.

However, Russia has denied any responsibility, saying that he had died of natural causes. Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov called the allegations “absolutely unfounded, insolent accusations about the head of the Russian state”.

johoward

« Reply #28092 on: February 25, 2024, 10:59:37 AM »

6:25 Don't see many phones like that any more.
Odd weather around this week. From 20s to 70s every where.
People like Putin, Hitler, and what's his name in N Korea hang around for years,  but Lincoln, King, and Kennedy get snuffed out early.  God's plan truly is a mystery to me.  Do we really need examples to know what is evil?  Also, why so many and for so long?  Wouldn't a brief one or two year reminder every now and then keep us on our toes?
Did not see Karen yesterday, and will not see her today.  Debbie did stop in and surprise me.  She just walked right in while I was watching the TV.  Seems she had rung the doorbell, and opened the noisy garage door while I heard nothing.  Luckily she wanted to give me four of my favorite donuts from Melissa at Circles On The Square in Medina.  So she came in through the garage and surprised me.  I was very happy to see her, and not just for the donuts.  She is in the second day of her new treatment for SIBO, and starting to feel a little better.  Sad to say she does not like most of her new foods.  I think today she will be at the Berea ARF rescue from 1 until 4PM.  She does a lot over there.  Usually she will send me a photo of her doggie for the day.  She goes on Pack Walks in Valley City.
I too remember lots of news and pics of Cali as a younger dog.  We have all been growing older together for a long time. Eh?  A lot have come and gone in those years, but we three are still here. TYG!
Bye now EV! GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

johoward

« Reply #28093 on: February 25, 2024, 11:10:58 AM »

I did a little division.  According to the RRP Forum List each of our 28000 posts have been seen by an average of 20 people.  HI EVERYONE!  GBU ALL.  God Bless all our animal friends too.  Thanks to them for bringing us to this forum.

neva

« Reply #28094 on: February 25, 2024, 05:07:49 PM »

Post Box, Ireland ...  28:33     85°  (3:21 pm)  Partly Sunny, no breeze.

I hope everyone's day is going along smoothly.

Cal    I remember how excited you were to get your Cali.  Yes ... me with Maddie Rose too.  I sure miss her.  This new dog that we have now (belongs to Michelle) is sure keeping us busy,  she's very high energy.  We have figured out that she is probably nearly all Belgian Malinois and is a Mahogany color. 

I also wonder if Putin will interfere in Navalny's funeral.  Putin is stupid, he has created a Martyr, a hero.  Dissidents will look to Navalny for inspiration and courage.  Navalny is still fighting.

Joho    I am glad to hear that Debbie is feeling a bit better and I pray that it continues.    I had no idea that you were here all this time, of course, but glad to hear it.  I do sometimes wonder who and how many quietly read here.
(J.W. Stephens)