Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1113928 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28125 on: March 04, 2024, 08:38:13 AM »

5:54 Right on avg. 
Nice Monday morning out there. 53 degrees now.
Did not see Karen yesterday.  She broke her front tooth, and is hiding I think.  She said last night that it does not hurt.
All I know about Mary is that she had pain and vomiting again, and went to the hospital.  Later I heard she went home for the night.  Nothing new this morning yet.  I was told they suspect she passed a stone last week.  Maybe she passed another.  This will be remembered as a difficult pregnancy.
Debbie is not picking up.  So I don't know how things are going.  I am reluctant to call Mary in case she is recuperating. I did get through to Debbie.  Mary is at work.  Bash is at Debbie's house.  Things are normal this morning. Thank God.  Looks like Neva is correct.  This is a hard pregnancy. No sign of stones.  Vomiting likely is from pain. Best guess is that pain is from fetus moving and stressing muscles and tendons or ligaments. It hurts her most when she tries to stand erect.  So hang on Mary.  It will be a long ride this time.
This is my day to take Trulicity. The shortage is affecting me.  It is supposed to be 1.5mg, but I could only get .75mg.  Dr. office said Friday that he wants me to get blood tested, and to start taking 3.0mg.  I am waiting for drug store to let me know what next.  My insurance company, Cigna, told me to go to another store out of town.  I called them.  They said yes they did have 1.5mg, but it was for someone else.  I could not have it.  What a mess.  Why would they tell Cigna I could get it from them, but tell me no.  Now I am wondering if it is saved for Cigna for me, but store does not know that.  No names were mentioned. What a mess.
Well I will go study for our early voting which Deb and I hope to do on Friday after Bash goes home. There are many races this time.  At least fifteen names to research.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #28126 on: March 04, 2024, 01:43:09 PM »

hi joho i feel for karen hoping to finally get my implant next month tooth next to my front tooth and get implant in on missing bottom tooth next month too then four months before that tooth. and my back molar on bottom crown came off went to dr platte with it but he could not fix it crumbled left some of bottom of that tooth another implant its last one dr platte says he can do implant did i want him to pull it start healing no i do not im worn out on implants like karen it does not hurt and cant see it so no not right now. i know my front teeth are iffy i will have a bridge when they go jim has one for last 40 years may go see dr foster then knock me out cant take shots in roof of my mouth anymore jim said medicare paying now for implants maybe bridges if so maybe karen can use that if so i will sign up for it along with fords dental sorry for mary later on she can tell that kid you dont know what i went thru i was a breech baby granny my aunts said my mom went thru a bad time but she never screamed out and she never said a word to me i was her first and a spitting image of her  :)i saw trulity commercial is that for diabetes? is it an injection? heard supreme court all judges say colorado can not leave trumps name off
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28127 on: March 04, 2024, 05:10:15 PM »

Yes Cal. Injection in any area.  Tummy for me where I can see it.  Trulicity is Ely Lilly's version of Novo Nordisk weight loss drug, Ozempic.  People are using it up faster than they can make it.  I personally think it should be used to treat diabetes first.  It is the first of many expensive drugs that have worked for me.  Most others make no difference in my blood sugar readings if I stop them.  On Trulicity I am not losing any weight, but my A1C has been reduced a lot.  It is under 7, and that is great!
  I still have not heard from Dr. or drugstore about what strength I should be taking today.  Girl said on Friday he wants me to take 3.0mg.  I only have 0.75mg, and it says one per week.  So that is what I took this morning.  I asked him to write it for .75 twice a week on same day so it would match what I have been taking.  They did not. Oh well.  It will probably work out ok since I am pretty well in general, and will probably survive my medical care givers..
Took two long bike rides today.  Watched a muskrat swim along a big pond edge.  I think it was migrating to another pond down the way, but it is breeding season for them so ?????.
 It is so hot out it is like Summer already.  It is still 69 degrees and is almost dark.
Not sure yet what's for dinner.  Gotta go see what I have.  My pot of French's Chili is gone now.  May have som Camprell's soup.  I have a lot of them.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine GN too.

neva

« Reply #28128 on: March 04, 2024, 05:53:27 PM »

Xunantunich, Belize ...  18:02      71°  (4:23 pm)   Sunny and calm.

Cal    Yes, you are right, God is safe from Putin.  Many in Russia still believe in him.
I wish you luck with getting the male cat neutered and finding space for him to recover in. 

Joho    My thoughts and prayers are with your family.  I also agree with you, the medication should go first to diabetics, not just to weight loss.  I take regular insulin and my last reading I think was  6.4  My brother was on Trulicity and liked it for his diabetes.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28129 on: March 05, 2024, 04:52:44 AM »

hi you guys its 42 here 43 in ice 48 in kviv and 58 in the barn real windy again

hi joho i sure do think too that tulicity should be for diabetes hope you are able to get it. i do not know what your 7 means but sounds like it has really helped you. people lose weight some other way. i know i had ac on yesterday did not saturday did in my room but rest of house was hot esp for penny and brownie yesterday i had it on at 3 am dogs pretty happy yesterday i did not turn it off so nice and cool in the house now  :) i heard on the weather channel hottest winter ever mn record hot. messing up the bears. no no global warning here what will summer be like last year so bad so hot crazy hot satan hot sent it to moscow for putin. so cool you saw a muskrat joho did you talk to it? i would of. any day now scout be back and i hope marshall barn gets back those parents again. what did you end up for dinner?

hi neva my male barn cat mia now not here yesterday not here this morning so far i am so sad he has that gum disease and when he first showed up he was in perfect shape now his paw hurts face scratched up sick he was so friendly i think that dang so call cat rescue down from us those people run someone dropped that cat off and instead of getting him fix finding a home they turned him loose. why he was friendly and no marks. if he turns up i will try to get him in a cage and have jim bring him into his room or his bathroom only place left get him fixed and stuff. we hate that place that so call cat rescue i am going to check out what they should be doing to have that.  wish god would keep everyone safe from putin.

got to pick up groceries and walk harps not looking forward to that

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/D2055D532A95?z=0

gb all animals and gb all of us not you putin
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #28130 on: March 05, 2024, 05:37:30 AM »

hi again you guys  jim just told me his dad has lung cancer does not want treatment hospice jim said i dont know why they didnt catch it with his surgeries his hip just had one for blockage in his legs his dad wants his feeding tube out go be with jims mom.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #28131 on: March 05, 2024, 09:24:33 AM »

Sorry about Jim's Dad Cal.  I will pray for his Dad's comfort.  What is his name?

johoward

« Reply #28132 on: March 05, 2024, 12:22:13 PM »

5:41 I did the lighthouse this morning, but did not want to chat then.
Had a healthy Vegan dinner at Karen's last night. Then she beat me badly at rummy. She is good at rummy and likes to play.  I am teaching her to play poker.  She seems to like it.
Her Ipad, which she uses a lot, is fouled up and away right now for repair.  I took my old laptop to her as a temporary fix, and don't you know it's not working either.  The battery won't take a charge.  Don't know what to do with it.  I will try it today at my house.  It always worked for me, albeit slowly.  I really like this Lenovo desktop I am on now.  It is my third one, and I do not think I will ever be without a good computer.  I see a lot of people on TV with big laptop looking devices.  Debbie had a big one like that when she worked from home for Aetna.  I will ask her what it was and how good it was.  She has a desktop, but says it is not to her liking for various reasons.
I think cost may be a consideration on replacement units.  Mine have mostly come from a friendly local repair shop for minimal costs. I think I only paid $65 for the monitor, and not more than $75 for the tower.  Only thing is, I have not been able to reach him for several weeks.  I am afraid for him.  Karen says I should go bang on his door.  Maybe I will if my laptop is really not working.  I am suspicious it is Karen's WI FI that is the problem.  I saw a notice while logging into it last night that says it is not very secure.
Well I think I will say so long for a while my friends.  Happy Tuesday.
 Had a nice shower a while ago, while I was getting my mail.  More like an April shower than a March storm.  Now sun is out and temp is 55.
Bye now EV1 CUL. GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #28133 on: March 05, 2024, 04:50:23 PM »

Battery Point ...  21:52    73°   (2:44 pm)  Sunny, with some thin clouds.

Cal      Jim's dad is in my prayers too.  I fully understand his decision in this.

Joho      I like the portability of Laptops.  I used to have a desktop, and loved it at the time.
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #28134 on: March 06, 2024, 08:40:49 AM »

What is wrong Cal?
 I am sure hoping it is computer related.
Neva, I don't have experience with any good laptops.  So many news casters use them that I feel they must be much better than my HP Compaq Presario.  I will ask around some to see what is working for others.  I have ruled out the mins from Apple. Both Joan's and Karen's minis have been far from satisfactory.  Joan did not get more than ten minutes real use out of her's.  Karen is constantly having to reload and replace passwords.  I bought her a mouse to help more accurately hit her key strokes, but then it got a split screen and several other faults.
Is a large laptop from Apple any better?  What is a good laptop, and what does it cost if You Know?
Again I say GBU Cal.  I hope you are well.  We miss you a lot.
GBU EV1.  GB Israel.  GB Ukraine, and GB the USA.  We need it.

calhound

« Reply #28135 on: March 06, 2024, 08:47:45 AM »

hi you guys i got so much too do i am overwhelmed and jim cant help me cause of his dad and maybe yesterday i thought had a mouse in the barn yelled at her she ran by me and i looked it was one of my beloved barn birds she was hopping and flying low got over on other side indy and then stayed there i brought maybe and kitty boy in the garage and that was a chore so handicapped then i kept checking on that bird was hoping maybe it was  new baby did not see my other birds have 3 got only a few hours sleep had to go out the front door and all the way around cats in garage used my new walker jim set it out on the front porch last night for me made me take my phone if i fell. i did not. and only two birds up high singing waited for food so i knew that bird was on of the 3 so i googled said to wrap bird have wings laid down on her side put in small box should be healed in 3 to 4 weeks. i went out and had a box i kept from pet store long ago when i got my parakeet it has handle and holes she was laying up against the wood fence i stuck my hand thru and got her she was talking to mad got her in the box back in wrapped her she tried to bite me all wrapped and got my eye dropper gave her water she took it too and put a fresh biscuit in front of her she is laying on oven pads in the box her head up and biscuit kinda little below her head she nibbled on it. they gave jims dad two weeks  :( he told jim yesterday he wanted to make sure i got his christmas horses from the trail of painted pony collection his mom gave me some and his dad but these are the last two i started bawling said i dont think i can take them i just cant but he said I got too. his name is lawrence edward larry like nevas husband was. he is suppose to go to hospice today they said getting him a room i know he is sad to leave his home he told jim he does not want stay there alone so jim told his sisters if they do days he will do night. i stayed with my mom all the time when i left to go get cali jim was on his way there to cover for me that is when my mom left. i am so sad so overwhelmed with stuff  so i gotta go

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/81055D5C0634?z=0

god bless all animal my little bird help me to take care of it gb all of us not you putin
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #28136 on: March 06, 2024, 10:12:33 AM »

5:52 Thanks Cal.  Forgive me for adding to your burden this morning.  You have been so reliable that I am spoiled.
 I will pray for comfort for Larry Ryan and for all his family in this trying time. For the little bird too.
Everything is good here in Ohio. Getting cooler with rain.  Debbie is at Bash's house today, because Bash's Dad is having a bothersome lipoma removed, and Mary is with him for support.
Debbie and I did vote last night.  Glad it is done for now.  I can block out some of the crap on TV. Very sorry to hear Nikki Haley dropped out. I had high hopes for her and our country.  I am just so sick of the behavior of out elected government.  The lying, the unreliable agreements, the back stabbing, the generally uncivil behavior day after day are getting me down.  The constant barrage by republicans of how bad off we all are under Biden due to inflation caused by the republican industrial leader.  What a very effective campaign technique.  Raise all prices to cause inflation.  Then point to the suffering every day and blame the President.  They did this to Carter too.  So they know it is a very effective tool.  It worked then and it is working now.  Don't fall for it.  It is phony.  Just read the quarterly financial reports of the maker of your favorite brands of products.  Campbell's Soup is my favorite example.   Profits are through the roof for most of these price gougers.  I hate going to the grocery and watching families as they try to find things within thier budget.  Just go by the soup display for example and watch as families look over all the tiny price labels trying to get enough cans to last throught the week.  Many, like me are gravitating to the $.65 house brands.   I will buy Campell's if it is on sale for $1.00 or less.  I do this to show support for that price level.  Along with Biden's high level calls for less gouging, I think it is the only thing I can do.
OK now Enough soapboxing. GBU Cal and EV1.

neva

« Reply #28137 on: March 06, 2024, 04:06:00 PM »

Church Madara  ...  20:03      71°  (2:26 pm)   Heavily overcast.  I love that!   We get so much sunshine here.

Cal     You do have a lot going on.  Hospice is a good thing, but difficult.  My Larry's lasted 13 days.  My dad was in hospice care at home, like Larry.  They were kept comfortable, and good people came in.  My younger brother is an RN, as was his wife and that was a big help.       I hope that your bird will heal.    And I thank Jim for making you take your phone with you.  You need to be safe too, and able to get help if you need it.

Joho     I agree with everything you said on your soapbox, Joho... and glad you said it.
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #28138 on: March 07, 2024, 05:58:57 AM »

Faces and Feathers - UPDATE March 5, 2024

Fisher Male
With 3 raccoons, 2 red Foxes, and 2 fishers in the mix, we haven’t seen the good mink for a couple days and are hoping he is okay.

Raccoon
Raccoon

In the darkness, the faces of the male fisher at its meat pile and another of a raccoon standing up from a pile of sunflower seeds looked striking framed in black.

Raven w/bedding
Raven w/soft bedding

Two days ago, one of the ravens was back exactly where the pair was gathering bedding together the day before. He or she came alone showing that they don’t always stay together when gathering bedding. After the couple left the day before, I looked and looked for an example of the fuzzy plant they were gathering. I wanted to identify it but couldn’t find any. The lone one that I can’t tell is a male or female unless I see the pair together and can distinguish large and small, found another mouthful of the plant I couldn’t find.

Bald eagle 2nd year
Bald eagle 2nd year
 Bald eagle
Bald eagle
Also that day, there was an exciting moment when a second-year bald eagle with its white mottled belly and brown crown let me know eagles are back. However, the excitement of that sighting paled the next morning when a mature bald eagle passed 10-12 feet from my window as it swooped toward the pile of meat for the carnivores here. Three feet from the meat, it glimpsed me and flared off to land across the yard and look keenly at me for a couple minutes before flying off.

The only way to beat the wildlife action out the window at this time is for a bear to show up—maybe in a month.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #28139 on: March 07, 2024, 06:27:45 AM »

hi you guys its 43 here 33 in ice 44 in kviv and 60 in the barn.

hi neva little bird still here but you know i am trying to not get my hopes up i was up and down all night every two hours the kitchen coyotes were so good they were laying outside my bedroom door and half bathroom is right over there i came out and went straight in there girls kept their mouth shut little bird i think is pecking at that suet i put in there last night for her crumbs i saw i felt sorry for her loosen up her sock i got around her wings when i went back in she had a wing all the way out so i put her wrap back on with some tape it was not real snug and she was rocking shimmy out of it so okay back to being more snug. i have to go all the way around to the barn now cause that maybe and kitty boy in the garage but they are doing really good in there. he is not mia and not getting tore up i need to get him fixed but cant right now just too much going on and i need help with that. jims dad told jim to go home last night saw he was tired his dad refusing to eat just want to go. so its bad you know my dad had hospice at our home he was living with us i was caring for him i had not heard  from alice and got an email from her daughter alice told me she would have jenni do that and i told her she could text me cause she was worried how would she know if something happened to me and neva i still dont carry my phone its in my purse not sure where that is jim did help me this morning he had to go to work busy time right now people back from detroit his dad so each of us have lots to do i am way behind on house work for sure but that is the least of my worries.

hi joho i too agree with what you said on your soapbox i thank you and neva for being here

i ask jenni if okay if i let you guys know about alice too here is what she emailed to me Hi Cal-This is Alice's daughter, Jenni. Mom is in the hospital. She'd been having a harder and harder time at home and pain in her leg, possibly where the cancer is in her bones. On Friday morning I got a call from her Lifeline that she had fallen and couldn't get up. Thank God she was wearing it! She has been in the hospital since then. She didn't break anything, but she had a number of medical issues to address (to make a long story short).  The doctors have her mostly stabilized but she is very weak. The plan right now is to transfer her to a nursing home for some rehab and then hopefully she can get her strength up and come back home. I'm hoping when she is at the nursing home that we can set up her laptop and she can communicate with her friends and family. I will log in here from time to time until then just to make sure there aren't emails that need attention. If you ever want to contact me directly though to check in. Mom really enjoys your friendship and has told me that you have some health issues too. I hope you are feeling OK these days. Take care, Jenni

life sure is hard anymore but still life only one we got

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/80055D558794?z=0

alice hope you get that laptop and you see here lots of laptop talking  lately!! :)

okay please gb jims dad alice my little bird neva joho and all animals and all of us not you putin