Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1104866 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27990 on: February 04, 2024, 03:27:37 PM »

i think vet should do a fecal on him see what kind of worm or worms and if that medicine is working should of worked by now jim is calling him in the morning tell him we want him to come here after hours okay just come
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #27991 on: February 04, 2024, 04:14:57 PM »

Lighthouse ...  32:45    66°  (2:49 pm)    Sunny, no chance of rain today.  No wind either.  In a few days we will get back to a few days of the possibilities of rain, courtesy of California's gift of weather patterns.  Actually, I think most here are grateful, because this makes up a bit for the monsoon that we didn't get much of.

Cal     You are right, the Vet needs to get over there to your place.  It does sound like Sweet's body is trying to recover.

Joho     I wish you the best with your teeth.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27992 on: February 05, 2024, 05:29:21 AM »

hi you guys its 32 here 62 in the barn sweets still not drinking on his own yesterday i put molasses in his syringe added water and he drank that i squirted it into his mouth area and drank it. did not see where he might of peed this morning gave him a gas z=x at almost 7 pm so i could sleep for a few hours jim went out at 8 and again at 10 said he had to fight him to get that syringe of water down him i had it ready with molasses in it but he had to fight him said he acted like he wanted to ram him but could not get up  so part of that made me kinda smile rest did not sweets is moving around but i saw he was crawling just back and forth from his area in that corner. i was upset this morning told jim you tell them vet needs to get here and treat him see him been a week a week jim agreed trying to hurry so i can go back out and check on him first feed the dogs got the cats all done

hi neva hoping jim gets that vet out here tonight he did not bloat last night so that gas x may of helped that i will do that every night i saw on the weather channel california getting pounded with rain telling people to stay home today stay home saw on map hitting vegas too and heading for you if it comes like that stay home flash flooding i know you are aware of this. just be careful.

hi joho

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/CE055D56AD2B?z=0

gb all animals help sweets and gb all of us but do the animals first
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27993 on: February 05, 2024, 09:11:07 AM »

6:18 LOL The Elf did it. LOL  I shared this with Debbie, and Karen. They got a great laugh out of it.  They both like unruly dogs.  Especially pitts and boxers.
I am worried that I will not get Debbie treated soon enough for her SIBO.  It has been well over a year.
 We are reaching out to any one we think can help her.  So far it is only her CNP and $700 antibiotics.  Which seem to be doing a little for her.  She made an appointment at Hyper Health Wellness Center... I am afraid of them, and their extended IV treatments.  Don't know why.  Just am.
God please help Sweets be comfortable.  We miss his unruly self.
Hi Neva.
Well CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27994 on: February 05, 2024, 03:56:43 PM »

Siena Palazzo ...  41:37    74° (1:39 pm)    It's a really nice day. 

Cal     I hope that by the end of the day, the Vet has finally come out and seen Sweets himself.  I would think for a Vet who has farm animals as patients, that would be a normal course of treatment in many cases.  I watch All Creatures Great and Small when it is on and maybe it is just the British vets that run out to the farms all of the time and I'm not understanding that?

Joho     May I ask what SIBO is?  I should look it up.  With the internet, you can find out, perhaps, what you need to know about the place.   I did look it up.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 04:08:11 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #27995 on: February 05, 2024, 04:26:40 PM »

Hi Neva,
  We too watch Great and Small, and Doc Martin, who is staying.  James though, is off to war sadly.  I think they have too small a "surgery" to bring in farm animals.  Especially cows. LOL  It only fits cats and dogs.  So they would come see Sweets for sure, and he would quickly be "right as rain".

SIBO is, "Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth".  It is very debilitating and hard to treat. I think her Thyroid is involved in some way too.  She calls it Quasimodo disease I think. We will see on Thursday at 9:30.  I am going with her to this new place. We need prayers for Debbie to kick this illness for her sake and for Bash's sake.

Hi Cal GBU and Sweets. I shared your dog shame with Debbie and some others. They all laughed. Thanks.

calhound

« Reply #27996 on: February 06, 2024, 04:42:02 AM »

Confusion Yesterday, Good Day with Donna Today - UPDATE February 5, 2024

Wolf 1
Wolves 2 & 3
Wolves 2 & 3

I hate to admit that I’m still confused about the wolf or coyote. Yesterday morning, I heard three wolves howling in the distance. An hour later, the wolf or coyote came from the direction of the howling and stood still for a picture about a tenth of a mile away by the far shore of the lake here. It then went on toward the beaver lodge and disappeared into the woods next to it. Then two more animals that looked a lot like him or her followed the same trail with one of them climbing up on the beaver lodge until the other one caught up, and they both followed the first one’s trail into the woods. Coyotes are usually spotted alone, wolves in groups, but there can be exceptions. Now in limbo, I’m waiting for more sightings here or by neighbors. I have not heard coyotes yipping here where wolves are known to be. I’m leaning toward them all being wolves. And now we all have these pictures to form our opinions about.

Pine Siskin
Pine Siskin

Red fox
Red fox
Fisher male
Fisher male
Today, I got up at 3:20 AM, wanting to come to the WRI to put out food for the animals and get some thoughts written before church at 9:30 and a 1 PM concert I’d promised Donna. Excitement started at 5:35 AM with the male fisher coming out of the darkness for a picture just outside the window by my desk. A male pine siskin visited the same spot at 7:20 AM when it was just getting light. Soon it was time for the nice day that Donna and I had planned. The Monroe Crossing concert was fast moving blue grass with good voices and such catchy rhythms that they had the crowd moving to the music with every piece. I’m very glad we went. Back at the office the fox paid a visit with his nice eyes that make me do what he expects. His visit put a cap on a good day for both him and me.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #27997 on: February 06, 2024, 05:24:18 AM »

hi you guys its 28 here 62 in the barn.

hi neva joho hope debbie gets right and good treatment jim called vet yesterday morning and he said he had some different medicine for sweets jim went to get it and talk to him  jim told him sweets was going downhill and that i thought medicine he was on not working. i also called said i had his poop would like a fecal test ran on him. jim told vet we was afraid sweets would die jim said give it to me straight doc vet said he did not think that he was now going after it aggressively which should of from day one i think but anyway he told him wanted to treat him for this too
Polioencephalomalacia (PEM) is a common metabolic disorder characterized by neuromuscular alterations of goats and sheep that are thiamine deficient

Clinical Signs of Polioencephalomalacia
In severe cases, polioencephalomalacia is fatal. Clinical signs of PEM are associated with the following:

Rapid loss of appetite, muscle tremors, seizures, increased aggression, and temporary blindness accompanied with walking in circles. These symptoms can last two to three weeks if nonfatal.
Frequent convulsions that occur in 2 to 5-minute intervals. Goats may be standing or lying down when having convulsions. Goats appear dull and depressed and unable to coordinate muscular movements.
Increased body temperature, pulse, and respiration rates, but rumen motility is maintained normally.
Other signs of PEM include opisthotonos–a condition of abnormal posturing where the head is thrown backward accompanied by rigidity– severe arching of the back, muscular contractions, and teeth grinding. As the conditions progress, the animal becomes recumbent with frequent convulsions, nystagmus (rapid involuntary movement of the eyeballs), blindness, and unaltered palpebral and pupillary responses

vet ask jim if sweets was blind oh hell no he sees good he cant get up but does not have any of those signs i have to give him 3 shots a day for that vet ruling stuff out so then he had also a more powerful worm medicine it too is a shot i give once a day for 5 days and jim said vet said he will cry medicine is  burner. jim said she will not like doing that he said then send her into the house and you give him the shot and the medicine i have been giving him he gave me a big bottle of that and up to 4 times. jim gave me the stuff went back to work i came home and went straight to the barn first jim said the 3 times a day shots would burn. i gave him one of the 3 and sweets did not scream out  then i gave that worm shot and you guys he screamed out and cry his eyes out made me cry indy upset maybe hid i got up next to sweets patted his neck hugging him talking to him i hate that i have to do this again today but i hate him being so sick more. so he started to perk up later he drank awhole bowl of water and i refill it he drank another one.  i am trying to move some of that packed hay in his area down by the front door and jim is hauling it out in gator. we need to get his stock tank out too dirty and a chore to try to keep that clean for water. his water bowl has been nice easy for me to pick up and clean so going to use a bucket hang it in there for him when he gets up. vet told him he is 90% sure it is worms me too i do not think sweets has that polio showed a picture of a little sheep with head all the back against its back after 4 days of treatment showed same one and it was eating standing up looked great. but i do not think sweets has that all. i think it is worms and needed to be treated more. his fecal test was negative but lots of worms do not show up in a fecal test. this shot i have to do gets them i hate to do that to him again i will but i hate it. vet said he will be here friday at 2 pm that is the earliest he can come. he said sweets should be doing really good by then. i do know he is better feeling hopeful i am just so stressed going on little sleep have to go get groceries in the morning need to go to the bank this morning get gas so i can get groceries in the morning working on books here and have all my other animals right now sweets top priority  i almost lost this post and i need to get to my chores

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/FD055D55464B

gb all animals and us and god help sweets and debbie
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 05:27:06 AM by calhound »

johoward

« Reply #27998 on: February 06, 2024, 08:42:55 AM »

7:32 Kind of slow today. 9:30 32 degrees and sunny.  I should go out today.  Would like to go to the Apple store and get Karen a mouse.  Her iPad is just too small for accurate touching.  She has a keyboard, but she is constantly reloading a page for this or that when trying to use the touchscreen.  She does better with her stylus, but I think a mouse would help her.  I use a mouse on my laptop, because the pad is not good for me.
Doc is a night owl.  He again got some very nice photos. 
It seems Sweets is a little better.  I am praying for him to get up and around.  Sounds like a very odd, and terrible illness. 
I will go now to see if I can get Karen to ride along to Apple store.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.  Come on Congress get with the program.

calihoula

« Reply #27999 on: February 06, 2024, 10:55:51 AM »

hi joho that polio illness i do not think sweets has that i think worms and vet getting aggressive now with those worms sorry worms you need to die. i gave him his shots yesterday down in front of his chest to side. but googled it this morning do it in in center of his lower chest has video oh lots of loose skin there so i took that medicine burner went in i had cookies in my pocket laid next to him petting his face pulled that skin and push needle in pushed plunger medicine in i started rubbing that talking to him gave cookies petting his head he did not yell at all i checked made sure medicine not on his chest all dry now almost time for second of three shots that polio does sound really bad why god give animals such bad stuff what did an animal ever do if i make it up there im going to ask that yesterday at harps they had their can biscuits marked down to .44 expires tomorrow i got five cans just made 50 biscuits on big cookie sheet now i will put them in baggies then in frig
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #28000 on: February 06, 2024, 11:53:29 AM »

This image shows a lamb with advanced PEM symptoms: head arched and unable to stand

This is the same lamb 4 days after a daily thiamine therapy regime.  The lamb recovered completely in 2 weeks and is now a productive, 4-year-old ewe.

sweets in also taking this thiamine therapy regime shots 3 times a day for five days but i do not think he has this good to know ones that get it there is medicine for it

johoward

« Reply #28001 on: February 06, 2024, 02:59:53 PM »

Cal that lamb looks awful.  That is a very essential vitamin. Whoooo.

neva

« Reply #28002 on: February 06, 2024, 03:33:51 PM »

Cactus Flower  ...  38:45     66°  (2:15  pm)  Heavy grey clouds forecast the possibility of rain today, and maybe tomorrow.

Cal   I am so glad to see the second photo of that lamb.

Joho    oops ... I wasn't thinking too straight about the difficulty of dragging cows to the Vet's office. 
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #28003 on: February 06, 2024, 04:09:54 PM »

LOL
Yes they would need a bigger office and a shovel.

johoward

« Reply #28004 on: February 06, 2024, 04:13:21 PM »

LOL Cal going to get up in the big guy's face.  LOL