Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1113957 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27975 on: January 31, 2024, 07:21:15 AM »

Fetching Faces - UPDATE January 30, 2024

Fisher male
Actually, all the visitors have fetching faces when they look at you just right, but it’s hard to beat the fetching faces of the fisher and especially the fox as they look in the window like these two did. The minks have a more impersonal look as they go about their business more deliberately like this large male or scamper blithely by like the smaller one that was doing that a lot in the update of a week ago.

Mink
Mink 1-30-24
Mink running by 1-22-24
Mink running by 1-22-24

Red fox male
Red fox male

The fox also makes himself adorable by being the most trusting of the bunch. He looks at you interactively to see what you are holding or tossing, not like he is ready to run. They all add a lot to each day.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #27976 on: January 31, 2024, 07:26:25 AM »

hi again you guys sweets temp is good 101.1 i check his lower eye lid if white worms it was white yesterday jim said   now its faint pinkish white so better i took off his blanket he rolled and tried to get up ending up down in that bottom corner again by indy and under a heat vent which is good he tried to get up moving all legs that is good too i think he cant get up but moving not drinking so i am getting ready to syringe that in him and make sure he is warm jim calling vet in a bit. had to do office cats so checked email update in there  sweets will get his second dose this afternoon.

gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B9055D5C749C?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27977 on: January 31, 2024, 10:40:20 AM »

Hi EV1, 5:33 I am so average.
Cal I am very sad for Sweets.  I hope it helped you a little to share with us, your friends.  So very sorry.  How can he be his "unruly" self, if he can't stand up. 
What the heck is White Worm.  Is that some sort of goat parasite like heartworm?
That Doc has done it again for me with his wildlife photos.  He really should publish a book of his pics.  I have used them for my desk top wallpaper, and change very frequently, because each day he seems to send an even nicer pic than the day before.  I will try to remember to tell him that when I see him in July.
Hi Neva. 
I think I will go see Bonnie today.  I have not seen her in over a month, because a bingo lady there told me they had Covid in the ward.  I now doubt if it ever was.  She was Joan's BFF from high school, and now is a shut-in for memory.  We became close as families.  We often shared Sunday dinners, Holidays , card games, and kids birthdays.  Our children and her children were so close they were more like siblings than friends.  She probably does not miss me, but I do miss seeing her. Oh my! I just remembered I made a second cup of coffee.  It must be very cold by now.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27978 on: January 31, 2024, 03:32:15 PM »

hi joho no sweets isnt unruly now i pray he will be soon. so vet had an antibiotic shot for sweets jim said this morning when he called i went to get it hoping it was under the skin in his neck got in asked teresa where do i give him the shot she looked said under the skin on his neck i got home went straight to barn i parted his hair on his neck i have never seen such tough skin i had to really push hard get that needle thru hard sweets so good you know he is sick good thing shot is good for 14 days cause when he is back to unruly no way i can do that again. i syringed down lots of pedalyte i grabbed his horn turn his head shot it in he was drinking it up. i moved his rear end up he had slid down then he went to sleep i put his coat over him cleaned up barn. gave him his second dose of worm med vet said if his lower inside eye lid was white he had worms jim said it was now has pink to it. im pretty worried i love the boy i hope you saw bonnie today yes doc has the pictures he has an extra super nice camera and a view and time

hi neva
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #27979 on: February 01, 2024, 05:04:41 AM »

hi you guys sweets still the same eating tiny bit last night not drinking i am having to syringe it its 43 here 39 in ice and kviv and 62 in the barn i turned it up from 59 to 62 at 1;30 am this morning he was shivering put on his blanket and coat turned up heat he is not shivering now will be day 3 of medicine had antiibiotic shot yesterday that orange cat and i wish he would leave got in sweets area where i was at with him my birds right up there on the duct i really let him know to get out!! sweets really picked up his ears and was watching that cat i said boy you need to get up and protect this area again this is your space. jim says he tries to run that cat off but now he hides from jim like maybe does. i dont want to hurt him but he needs to go i can pick him up so i want to be able to do that. maybe i will toss him out but sure he came in from hidey hole in the first place.  i got to work on our tax stuff personal property stuff i gotta go i told jim i am not going to the bank today less of my worries well there goes my kitchen coyotes

gb you sweets please help him god

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/46055D522E70?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27980 on: February 01, 2024, 08:33:33 AM »

6:30  God help Sweets.
I did see Bonnie.  We had a good visit.  Annie had taken her to see her heart doctor in the morning.  He said she was doing very good.  She has a pacemaker, and that has cleared up all her copd she has had for years.  She still has to get insulin shots, but her weight is well controlled and her sugar was at only 200 before dinner.
Bonnie is a good hair dresser.  Karen has bravely trimmed my head hair.  I did my beard. I asked Bonnie how it looked to her and does it need some touching up?  She said, "no, it looks fine in the back".  Karen was proud to get good marks from Bonnie on her first attempt.  I want Karen to get comfortable at trimming my hair for several reasons. One reason is that I am cheap.  This fake anti- Biden inflation has let my barber raise his price from $10 all the way to $30 for my beard trim and haircut.  This is a crime to me, because I am almost all bald.  There is not $15 worth of hair on my whole head. My barber, and Campbells Soup, and Lays Chips, and the oil industry are in the same price gouging club.  All trying to make us suffer so we will blame it on Biden like we did on Carter. I have seen just a few articles  telling the truth about the gouging going on in our economy.   Excess profits are being reported in almost all sectors.
Well ok for now EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #27981 on: February 02, 2024, 05:48:58 AM »

hi you guys its 46 34 in ice 38 in kviv and 60 in the barn sweets still about the same not getting up not drinking on his own but he did not fight on the syringe yesterday alot i put a little maple syrup in his water i read where people do that get their goat to drink again. yesterday morning i offered him a cookie and he ate it and then another one but no more later on in the evening i gave indy blackberry pie get 4 for 3.00 at harps i know sweets love those he did eat some of that nibbles on hay this morning he did not anything i did the water he did poop. so this will be day 4 on meds his inner eyelid has more color to it. 

hi joho i have not had my hair done in years long time you should do like i do let it grow long and pull it back in a pony tail does not matter if you have no hair on top pull back what you got. while listening to the barn radio on the Farm i like kenny chesney they have been playing some of his songs i like the bar at the end of the world and really like pirate flag songs about key west islands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqIRpnsUvP4

hi neva

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/CB055D5474D3

gb all animals please help sweets

johoward

« Reply #27982 on: February 02, 2024, 08:26:33 AM »

4:57 cool dry day.  35 degrees and cloudy.  no sunrise as I returned from taking Nick to school.  It is a forty mile round trip to drop him off before 7:30 am.  We all get a early start.  His Dad brings him and Odin to Debbies on his way to work.  He starts at 7 in another town. Odin stays the day with Debbie and Bash.  I have not spent this much time in the predawn darkness in forever.  It is normal for school kids though.  I see lots of kids waiting in the dark for a flashing bus to show up.  At the school there are hundreds of cars lined up dropping off kids.  I went exploring this morning to find a backroad to home.  To do this I had to turn left out of the school drive.  There was one car in front of me also turning left.  With all the cars coming into our drive we waited for at least five minutes before a car finally let us out into the main road.  The mom in front of me was happy just sitting there until I had to blow my horn to let her know a car was trying to let us out.  She was happy because she was just going down the road a few hundred feet to drop off her younger children in grade school next door.  I think she was too early and still had time to kill. The school was still pretty dark, and there were only a few cars around it.  I won't go that way again.  I will follow the herd to the right.
Well now I am home and kind of sleepy.  Glad I do not have classes this morning like Nick does.
OK CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27983 on: February 02, 2024, 02:58:33 PM »

Palm Core ...  23:02    55°   (1:22 pm)   It was raining earlier and still pretty cloudy.  It's windy.

Cal   I'm sorry I didn't know about Sweets before now.  He's in my prayers too.  I'm glad he is showing some good signs of getting better.

Joho    I enjoyed your adventures in haircuts and getting Nick to school.  I agree with many of your opinions and conclusions.  We hear it said by the numbers that our economy is not doing all that bad, and yet we continue to be price gouged. 

Perhaps you can look at a map of the neighborhood where the school is, on an internet map and see how the other roads around there run.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 03:11:52 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #27984 on: February 02, 2024, 05:45:11 PM »

Hi Neva,
 I am pretty familiar with the backroads.  I will just go to the right out of the school like I should.  It will be fine.  Debbie said I may be taking him to school for quite a while.  I will if needed, and I am glad I can help.
God help our friend Cal with all her caring tasks. Especially help Sweets who needs you now.
Cul Ev1 thanks for being here.

calihoula

« Reply #27985 on: February 03, 2024, 04:27:14 AM »

hi you guys i dont know temp here ice kviv barn at 61 i want to lay back down but cats hungry dogs will be then back to barn yesterday at about 4 pm jim had gotten me some apple cider vinegar read goats love it put it in their water get them to drinking. jim said harp people said that stuff is nasty  so i tried it first yes nasty i put a little in my syringe added water went in to sweets he likes to lay right next to that door indy right on other side sweets can see him thru cracks indy sticks his mouth thru top bars so i sat next to sweets and gave him a shot of that he flapped his lips over and over i said i will dilute this let me use the water from your bowl went to do that sweets said forget that he stuck his mouth down in his water bowl and got a huge drink. he drank it all i put little more in he drank that too. this morning at 2 he was turned around still by door but turned around his water bowl up at other end so i moved it by his head and he got a drink. not sure if he moved or jim moved him at ten last night. no hay messed up bad so thinking sweets maybe got up turned around if he did he only did that. yesterday he was hungry ate crackers and bread little hay this morning ate little bread crackers i hope he peed but i dont know. i gave him a hit of his applecider vin he did okay with it says its very good for goats. this will be day five of his med last day. i pray for him to get up jumping around ramming stuff aggravating indy but still let me come in and pet kiss him few days ago i trimmed all his feet cul gb all animals and us 
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #27986 on: February 04, 2024, 05:16:18 AM »

hi you guys its 39 here 32 in ice 42 in kviv and 62 in the barn. sweets still not getting up said it could take like 3 weeks but i am unsure he is kinda drinking water kinda eating pooping good kinda peeing i picked up his rear end to move him over he lays right against the door like jim said he did that he uses his back legs and help by standing up but not so much with his front legs. he is better but i hope it get better. he is very alert. yesterday when i was with him indy looking at us and kicking that door. i yell at him to stop kicking that door. Maybe been getting inside with us and i have to pull myself up and get her out she climbs the ladder and lays at the top watching my birds who nest is along that duct i guess i will have to have jim move my ladders. she sure did figure out sweets not patroling his area right now.

i have been hearing about this on barn radio

UPDATED: FEBRUARY 3, 2024 7:46 AM EST | ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: FEBRUARY 2, 2024 8:02 PM EST
WASHINGTON — The U.S. military launched an air assault on dozens of sites in Iraq and Syria used by Iranian-backed militias and the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Friday, in the opening salvo of retaliation for the drone strike that killed three U.S. troops in Jordan last weekend.

The massive barrage of strikes hit more than 85 targets at seven locations, including command and control headquarters, intelligence centers, rockets and missiles, drone and ammunition storage sites and other facilities that were connected to the militias or the IRGC’s Quds Force, the Guard’s expeditionary unit that handles Tehran’s relationship with and arming of regional militias. And President Joe Biden made it clear in a statement that there will be more to come.

The U.S. strikes appeared to stop short of directly targeting Iran or senior leaders of the Revolutionary Guard Quds Force within its borders, as the U.S. tries to prevent the conflict from escalating even further. Iran has denied it was behind the Jordan attack.

It was unclear what the impact will be of the strikes. Days of U.S. warnings may have sent militia members scattering into hiding. With multiple groups operating at various locations in several countries, a knockout blow is unlikely.

Though one of the main Iran-backed militias, Kataib Hezbollah, said it was suspending attacks on American troops, others have vowed to continue fighting, casting themselves as champions of the Palestinian cause while the war in Gaza shows no sign of ending.

“Our response began today. It will continue at times and places of our choosing," Biden warned, adding, “let all those who might seek to do us harm know this: If you harm an American, we will respond.” He and other top U.S. leaders had been saying for days that any American response wouldn't be just one hit but a “tiered response” over time.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/64055D517EAC?z=0

gb all animals sweets and us

johoward

« Reply #27987 on: February 04, 2024, 11:09:21 AM »

Wow! Faster than avg. 5:58. $0 degrees sunny and calm out today.  Blinds all open for solar heating.
Sweets eating drinking pooping not standing.  Too bad, makes me feel very very sorry, and sad.  Please God restore this boy to his gate ramming unruly self so Cal can be comforted.  We are with you Cal.  Stay hopeful.
I am fine, except for teeth.  Now bottom molar under the canal rooted one is suddenly sensitive to pressure and temps.  Darn, need to go to drugmart for Ibuprofen.  Dentist said Ibuprofen and Tylenol together is best combination for tooth pain.
Had a nice evening with Karen last night.  She fed us Cinnciati Chili and salad with Olive Garden bread sticks.  Then we tried to get some things done on her Ipad.  It is hard for me to help her, because evrything is so tiny.   Finally wound up watching Doc Martin which we both love, and later The Floor with Rob Lowe. The Floor is hard for me to grasp, but it is interesting.  She gave me some Ibuprofen, so I was able to sleep without pain.  Thank God.
 I am really worried why these teeth are suddenly hurting so much. The $1145.00 root canal doctor said he found no infection, just inflammation in the bad upper molar.  Now the lower one is hurting.  Darn!  Can't wait to see my dentist this week.
Debbie rested all day yesterday so she could help out at her dog rescue today.  She will be there until 4PM. I hope she is ok.  It is a fairly nice day here for their pack walk in Valley City.
Now I will go to Sam's for gas for school trips, and to Drugmart to recycle plastic bags and get pain killers.
Hi Neva.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraune.

calihoula

« Reply #27988 on: February 04, 2024, 12:20:37 PM »

hi joho sorry about your teeth dr foster put a metal cap over my implant and it is so sensitive now really bad when jim got up at 7 am he went to barn told me last night when he came out at 8 pm sweets bloated again screaming in pain i had made up a syringe of gas x extra strength fast acting told jim its in this coffee can just in case. jim gave that to him took his pain away and bloat went down he stayed with him till after ten he was doing good i got out there little before 2 am he was good then i did not know he had bloated again so im very upset i went to harps jim watched sweets got three boxes of gas x cat food etc i googled it can give sweets four gas x spread out in 24 hours i will give him one when i am out there till next morning at 2 am like 6:30 pm so maybe he will be okay thru night calling vet in morning i dont know why he bloated again maybe laying i have been lifted his rear up move him over jim lifts his rear and picks up horn get him up i cannot do that. heidi at harps said hi darlin never see you on sunday i said my goat is sick and started bawling she hugging me but i said no that makes it worse she hugged me said she will pray but maybe he needs to just thru this parasites and bloating get stronger he is fighter you know that i know that i got her box of candy  i got to go time to give sweets worm medicine got enough for extra day

calihoula

« Reply #27989 on: February 04, 2024, 12:27:43 PM »

People or animals exposed to Giardia may experience mild or severe diarrhea (loose stool/poop), gas, stomach cramps, nausea (a feeling of upset in the stomach), or dehydration (loss of water in the body causing weakness of dizziness). Some people experience no symptoms at all. Fever is rarely present.

maybe sweets has this what vet thought so treating him for parasites they should be dead by now treating him this is day six ver said treat him for five days