Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1115254 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27945 on: January 23, 2024, 05:43:44 AM »

hi you guys its 32 was raining sidewalk is a sheet of ice 33 in ice 31 in kviv and 50 in the barn jim called me awhile ago said do not go out gravel roads sheet of ice he thought i ordered groceries and i really need to but saw it was going to be ice again he had his truck in 4 wheel drive and could not stop had to pull it off into snow then start again i had to get my walker off the sidewalk and into some icy snow too. sick of this weather no break till  friday from rain ice going to try to order them for pickup tomorrow and go later in the morning not at 7 am monday said be 50 and get to see the sun wow barn starting to take in some water when you first walk in the door.

hi alice i come and go on the feeling better at least it is coming and going

Russia and Ukraine have reached a rare point of agreement during the 23-month-long war: neither side believes that former President Donald Trump could bring an end to the conflict.

Trump has repeatedly claimed that Russia's full-scale invasion of Ukraine would have never happened under his presidency and has promised to bring the war to an end within "24 hours" if reelected in November. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has invited Trump to Kyiv on two different occasions to deliver on his promise, although the Ukrainian leader has publicly doubted the former president's ability to find a peaceful end.

While speaking to reporters on Monday, Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said that Moscow agrees they have "no understanding of how" Trump could end the war, adding that they have had no contact with the former president about such negotiations.

gb all animals

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/8B055D5C6C95?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27946 on: January 23, 2024, 09:19:37 AM »

4:17 wow! good time.  I think a record for me.  Eyes and mouse doing ok this morning.
Doc sure got a good look at hungry nature this time.  I put yesterday's Fisher on as my wallpaper.  Did have the red fox, but only for a few days. He gives us so many excellent views it is hard for me to decide which I like best.  I just save them all on my desktop and switch now and then.
Warmer out.  Above freezing and two inches of snow ahead. I can't tell if the drive is icy or not.  It looks wet to me near the house.  Water is running down the street in the gutter.  Soon a lot of flooding will visit us as all the snow melts.
I will go see the movie Oppenheimer today.  Probably after noon.  We could not get "On Demand" to work last night.  So we watched Heimo, Bob, and Tyler on the "Last Alaskans" on Discovery instead. They were many of the older segments and help us catch up on the show history.  It was great seeing theses shows again.  So much has happened since I started following this program it was very good to be reminded of things gone by.  Bob's visit in his daughter's home was especially poignant.  It was not long after this visit that Bob fell ill and passed away.  I remember that his ex-wife and his daughter returned to his trapline cabin and scattered his ashes on the wind from the top of a bluff where he used to ponder.
I hope to see more episodes today.  The reverence these isolated people show for the natural world appeals to me, and my sense of adventure.
Go Nikki!  Just sayin' anybody but!
Yay! Chiefs did it on the road.  One more win and they are in the Superbowl.  Stay healthy you guys.
Hi Neva.
UL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine. 

calihoula

« Reply #27947 on: January 23, 2024, 02:26:05 PM »

hi joho i walked using my walker clear down my driveway wanted to see how bad it was and road very bad driveway where jim plowed it ice i walked on side see grass where he plowed but some places deep snow ice saw one car it was going really slow saw a big truck going really slow finally got to road thick sheet of ice road grader came once but now thick ice all schools closed up around here i see why so jim brought home one box of can cat food big bag of nuts n berries for birds i believe i will wait another day to order groceries from walmart its 34 here calling for rain to start a few hours rain all night long and rain till noon wed  :( i saw that last alaskans last night on my program guide i stayed with the weather channel sharon at bear place told me kc chiefs her fav team also lions are her home state fav. i told her chiefs my hometown fav but happy for lions i grew up with chiefs jason kelce took off his shirt at buffalo game went outside of travis suite he got for everyone yelling for chiefs his wife sent patrick mahomes dad out to tell him his wife said for him to get his ahole back in  :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #27948 on: January 24, 2024, 05:36:50 AM »

hi you guys its 33 here rainy real foggy dreary again 37 in ice 36 in kviv and 50 in the barn. 

hi joho i saw this on my local news yesterday

Coast Guard rescues 20 people stuck on ice floe in Lake Erie
Amaris Encinas
USA TODAY

A group of fishermen trapped on a sheet of floating ice on Lake Erie are all safely ashore, authorities said Monday afternoon.

Twenty people were stranded on “an ice floe a mile off shore” near Catawba Island State Park in Ohio, according to the USCG Great Lakes division, who received the initial call around 10:20 a.m.

Two airboats, one helicopter and local authorities were sent to assist with the rescue operation, a Coast Guard spokesperson shared with USA TODAY Monday.

The U.S. Coast Guard, out of the Marblehead station, return from the rescue of ice fishermen on Monday.
Nine people were rescued by airboat, four people were rescued by local authorities and the other seven were able to rescue themselves, according to an update by the Coast Guard.

Shifting winds were to blame for the big crack in the ice that initially left the group of fishermen stranded, according to the Fremont News Messenger, part of the USA TODAY Network.

No injuries have been reported.

hi neva i thought i saw on the weather channel you got some rain

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/28055D5781AA?z=0

gb all animals

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27949 on: January 24, 2024, 09:41:57 PM »

5:12 Rain most of the day, but not hard. Got to dentist for cleaning.  Told them all about the Bears and my trips to visit Doc.  Teeth are great.  Should floss more. Watched Oppenheimer at home on demand.  First time I have used this.  I hope it works out all right.  I messed up the button pushing half way through for a potty break.  Finally got it to start up in the right place, but I might have authorized double charges b ypushing random buttons.  Now Dog 101 is on.  I will say Good Night GBU now.

calhound

« Reply #27950 on: January 25, 2024, 05:31:01 AM »

calhound

« Reply #27951 on: January 25, 2024, 05:37:04 AM »

This is one of my cousins dogs taggert and renee posted this about him 

Back to the vet we go...love the side eye   puking and diarrhea. A bunch more meds hopefully this will be the last trip   

calhound

« Reply #27952 on: January 25, 2024, 05:52:12 AM »

hi you guys its 34 here foggy rainy 38 in iceland 40 in kviv and 50 in the barn

hi joho i see demand stuff on program guide but i dont mess with it not paying anymore for directv pay enough every month as it is. when a movie comes on HBO i will tape it jim and i went to walmart yesterday afternoon at 3:30 he left me off in front of the door took me awhile to get inside he parked came in. place was packed too went to pet dept he lifted up a 44 lbs pound of dog food sat it in the cart got pet food cat little i could hardly push the cart but need too to get around jim was at the front of the cart and held on to that sack of dog food and pulled the cart i was trying to keep up. getting short of breath and just hard to keep up so he slowed down but picked up speed. got milk pizza indy sweets snacks i was going to do pick up today but first opening was a 1 pm so just went. pick up full up tons of people using it i will go again on monday and order my stuff sat or sun to get my 7 am opening. jim has to go over to his dad today and fix his sump pump in his basement he wanted to put one in the barn but i said no indy would be afraid of it and step on it all kinds of problem just get me more pellets today and bucket it out.  Marge posted this yesterday

North American Bear Center

·
Over the past 14+ years our chat room has educated thousands of people about black bears. It has been a wonderful resource for people to learn about black bears and their behavior.  In the last couple of years we have seen attendance and participation shrink and realize it is time for us to explore other ways to engage our followers; therefore, our chat room will be closing on January 28, 2024.  Please join us on Sunday, January 28 from 1pm – 3 pm in chat for a farewell gathering; an opportunity to share some of your favorite learnings and experiences in our chat room.
You can continue to look in on our bears  24/7 on their live cams located on our website at https://bear.org/watch-us-live/live-cams/. Thank you for watching and supporting the bears and the North American Bear Center.  We would also like to thank all of our incredible volunteer moderators who have hosted our chat room.  We truly appreciate all of the time and information they have shared for over a decade.  Many of our moderators will continue on and help operate our PTZ cams. 
To continue to get all the latest news and information about the North American Bear Center and our bears,  be sure to check in on our Facebook page.  Thank you again to all who visited and participated in our chat room over the years.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/3E055D55D794

gb all animals
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 05:54:36 AM by calhound »

calihoula

« Reply #27953 on: January 25, 2024, 12:01:03 PM »

3:11 condo plant still rainy here went to town bank gravel roads slippery muddy yesterday i told jim where is our gravel on roads he said when tim did it got gravel his wife likes gravel now other guy doing it he does not like gravel pushes it the side cause when its dry he can race down the road
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27954 on: January 25, 2024, 04:11:12 PM »

4:57 Plant. Sad news about Marge and Mods getting let go.  That sucks.  Why not let them stay as desired.  If not all day, just when they could make it. Kind of like the nest cams chats. What is being saved by stopping it all together?  Who will let the bear center know when things are fouled up? 
I am concerned what is next.  What is the next shoe to drop?  Shorter hours at the bear center?  Cams on only when someone is at the center during the Summer? I am not good with change.  I like stability and reliability.
Not much to say about the weather today.  Just a warmer grey day.  With on and off rain.  Went to CVS for Debbie.  $679.00 for 14 days of antibiotics. 42 pills at $16 each.  Seems high.  I got 8 antibiotic pills for my Dentist visit yesterday.  They cost me only $.74 total.  Something wrong here. She has SIBO they say. Well it is getting on towards evening here, and I should start doing something else.  Not sure what , but something.
I am very sad for other reasons too.  GBU EV1

calhound

« Reply #27955 on: January 26, 2024, 05:19:04 AM »

hi you guys its 34 here foggy drizzling 30 in ice 34 in kviv 50 in the barn

hi joho i got ten big 875 anitbiotics from dr foster when he put in my implant it came to like 1.61 we got insurance but still it was never what debbie was charged for i sure hope that helps her i am sad about bear chat and other reasons too

hi neva

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/81055D5C0634?z=0

gb all animals

johoward

« Reply #27956 on: January 26, 2024, 10:10:06 AM »

5:11 Hi EV1. Good morning. Dreary, damp, and warm this morning. 39 degrees at 11:06.
 I need to go get mail.  Lorrie says it got here at about 10 am.  That is early for us.  I got a late start so I was still having coffee at that time.  Then came on here to say hi.  Now I will go get mail.
Other than Debbie's med, I don't have much to report for yesterday.  No plans for today yet either.
Saw lots of fog at GSB Falcon Cam, and some snow at Lake Itasca Headwaters Cam.
So, CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #27957 on: January 27, 2024, 05:53:02 AM »

hi you guys its 34 here drizzle foggy dreary 30 in ice 34 in kviv and 50 in the barn.  showed on the local news jason kelce and his wife in maryland arrived by private jet to big game tomorrow

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/EC055D55AD54?z=0

gb all animals and us

johoward

« Reply #27958 on: January 27, 2024, 11:47:35 AM »

5:51 Lost another chat.  Darn, not sure what I said. Sorry.
  Well, I have been on bear chat for a couple hours now with Reb, Happy, and Iowa. I missed Marge in Ireland.  Did I miss the update too?
  It has been great to reminisce with them about the many years of chatting about bears and the bear center activities.  Especially the den cams, Lily, and Ted and Honey.
So so sad though to think it all ends tomorrow afternoon.   I need to learn Facebook so I can get bear videos and news.
I will make a pitch to Doc in July when I go to the WRI to have some form of chat in the future.  Maybe less than now time wise.  Anything would be better than none. 
Well I will go for now and try to do something worthwhile.  Not sure what it will be.  Will start with a walk to mailbox.
Bye Now Cal, and Neva.  GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27959 on: January 27, 2024, 05:14:25 PM »

Church Roof ...  29:42      70°    (3:23  pm)   Bright blue sky, nice day.

I hope that everyone has been having a decent day. 

Hi Cal & Hi Joho     
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)