Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1117316 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27915 on: January 16, 2024, 09:44:50 AM »

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #27916 on: January 16, 2024, 12:31:56 PM »

hi joho i did chores then plowed thru snow using walker to pollys car got out my big brush scrapper out of smokey pollys car under lots of snow ice door frozen shut to i had to work on that in freezing temp got it open oh god please let it start not started it in over a week yay it started! i turned on seat heater steering wheel heater ty polly for getting that battery at ford dealer and buying winter package in that car cant drive it never get around in this snow little tires little car but wanted to start it smokeys battery dead i am leaving it dead till this weather goes away not driving it either just my escape that is in the garage no cleaning off snow and ice jims big truck has remote start he starts it from inside house. old truck no remote but he starts it drives it every other day usually . ordered groceries pick up in the morning but said time slot 7-8 am full i always do that i think not full i think they said that cause so cold give them extra hour that is okay cause i was going to harps too go there first now they open at 7 am i want to go thru mcdonalds drivethru too your taco bell burger king stuff sounds good i am hungry walmart out of some stuff so i made a note get it at harps jim bringing home bird seed hurry up jim birds going thru my cornbread and rice crispy cereal and cookies i mean i got ALOT of birds out on the sidewalk saw bunny tracks so i will throw out hay too
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27917 on: January 17, 2024, 05:23:26 AM »

hi you guys its 11 here 19 in ice 23 in kviv and 50 in the barn.  suppose to get up to i think 32 today wow friday back in freezer but today be nicer. its 11 now above zero not below not any wind right now either.  jim doing some furnaces and i think going to put in a new one i just printed off showing a new one from our dealer i got to do all that bookwork told jim awhile ago i am so far behind on office stuff tax stuff now got to pick up groceries and go to harps unload all of it back to barn and on and on. he said he would help me with the barn so i am hoping to get some office work done  my niece been calling leaving me messages i left her one will try to talk to her sunday at 9 am when she calls again. if i could only get around on my own that would help. okay enough bellee aching

joho i saw on news my local last night all that snow in buffalo for pittsburg game wow people shoveling it out of the seats some did not get shoveled showing man his family carrying blankets and trenching though tons of snow!! since pitts lost we get to play in buffalo.  but at least we are playing and we could win too.

hi neva!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/73055D54DF10?z=0

gb all animals
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 05:25:29 AM by calhound »
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #27918 on: January 17, 2024, 05:33:04 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27919 on: January 17, 2024, 09:59:49 AM »

5:25 Little Mary will have a boy in June. I am glad for her. Bash will have a little brother. Debbie getting an important medical test today.  I am scared for her.
Nice out this morning.  Eleven degrees at 10:53, but cloudy.  Not much on my agenda.  Pay some bills.  Do some house keeping.  Eat. LOL  Then Eat some more.  My belly is so big I can't see my toes.  Karen says I need more veggies.  I will wait for them to grow.  Then get some. LOL
Now, you guessed it, I will go get some more to eat. Just my second coffee though, and pay some bills so I can stay here.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27920 on: January 17, 2024, 04:38:02 PM »

Kew Train ...  32:08     72°  (3:12 pm)    Sunny, clear, and breezy.

I hope you are having a decent day.

Cal     I bet it feels good in the barn, I would be freezing, but you are back to what you are used to.  It is a relief for your furry and feathered kids, I'm sure. 

Joho     I pray that Debbie comes out alright with her test.    I also congratulate you on a new little boy for your family.  I hope that Bash and his little brother to be very close.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 04:52:32 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27921 on: January 18, 2024, 05:17:45 AM »

Fox, Deer, Birds, Puppets, and a Loss - UPDATE January 17, 2024

Red fox male
The red fox came for supper around six and was nice enough to give me a brief glance saying ‘That was good’ with his tongue.

Deer buck dominating
Deer buck dominating

Deer a plenty
Deer a-plenty

Yesterday was more deer (21) flooding in for supper at six than I can ever remember counting. They heard the no-shell peanuts leave the scoop and hit the ground and came in from all directions. I could only get 18 of them in the picture at once. Most ate peacefully, which is not always the case. The day before, a big buck dominated three smaller ones by standing up and showing his sharp hooves as they scattered.

Blue jay with peanut
Blue jay with peanut
 Blue jay with peanut eating
Blue jay eating a peanut
A couple days ago, this beautiful blue jay showed me a peanut it had stolen from the deer and how it holds it to peck tiny pieces from it.

The loss is 72-year-old Mary Anderson whose obituary said:

“After watching a bear cub webcam, she fell in love with a cub one winter which led her to become a volunteer and member of the North American Bear Center at Ely, MN, where she made many friends from across the country and around the world.”

Mary is also the one who designed and made many puppets for the ‘Educational Bear Boxes’ that we sent to many schools. Mary is yet another dear person who developed a heart for bears and helped spread the truth about these animals whose welfare depends on people’s attitudes. I remember with gratitude how much she did to further the mission we share.

Puppets made by Mary Anderson
Mary Anderson's Black Bear Box puppets (Charlotte the spider and Speedy the Mouse from Lily's Den, Lily, Dr. Rogers and 3 bears
Mary Anderson's Black Bear Box puppets
(Charlotte the spider and Speedy the Mouse from Lily's Den),
Lily, Dr. Rogers and 3 bears

Thank you, Mary, and thank you all for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #27922 on: January 18, 2024, 05:41:46 AM »

hi you guys its 17 here 18 in ice 38 in kviv and 50 in the barn tonight polar bear weather is back below zero wayyyy below zero windchill  doc does so good for the wildlife just love him sure all his friends counting on him love him too.

hi joho yay mary having a brother for bash. like neva i hope they will close to each other for always and i hope debbies test will be alright i got to pay some bills and go to the bank i do not want to get out roads not that great around here but will be frigid temp again tonight and next two days so i got to go this morning jim will get johns furnace in today i hope no one has any trouble with theirs in next few days. poor furnaces working over time. jim had another furnace that needed work his dads neighbor but he gave it to a friend of ours that also does ac heating jim cant get to it for a few days and his friend has lots working for him so he went over yesterday to fix it. we want people to have heat

hi neva yes when it is below zero and wind chill is and will be again be -25 to - 30 below and howling yes 50 like az! indy so happy now not hee hawing sweets was shivering i went to harps yesterday not been out in over a week then to walmart pick up stuff lots of subs at walmart feel fortunate got subs anyway everyone so happy to see me at harps. heidi and wendy told me gina said jack her little donkey and her horses she had them in the barn no heat in there but still in a barn she said she had not heard jack hee hawing but when those frigid temp came he was hee hawing crying his eyes out made me so sad gina was so upset i told them to tell her to call feldmans a feed store in liberty and check out insulated blankets for a pony get him one of those. and if she does have lights in her barn get some heat lamps put them in instead of some of the light bulbs but  get that blanket he is so little bring in the house.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F3055D510203?z=0

gb all animals

johoward

« Reply #27923 on: January 18, 2024, 09:51:26 AM »

4:58 Good Dog! Now clean it up. What a big mess for such a little puppy.
 Wow! on Doc's pics . Wow!  I will try to use one for my wallpaper.  i think the red fox, but maybe the dominator buck.  We'll see.
Yes, Bash will be a good big brother.  His Dad, Matt, has a sister, Victoria, and they are very supportive of each other. Bash's mother, Mary, has a big brother, Brian, and a little sister, Shannon, and Mary is very helpful to them both. For example Shannon once drove her jeep off Brian's driveway into the ditch while making tracks in the deep snow for me to use the drive.  Did she call me to get her out?  No, she called Mary, and Mary got her out.  I found out about it days later. I was jealous.  I like to do that kind of stuff.  I don't feel it is "Women's" work to get cars out of wintery ditches.
 So they will be good mentors to Bash and his brother.
We will be praying that Debbie gets relief from her disability soon.  She needs comfort and strength.  That is what I am praying God brings her soon.
OK, now second coffee won't make itself.  So CUL EV1 GBU,Israel, and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27924 on: January 18, 2024, 10:28:18 AM »

hi joho my side of driveway has huge snow jim wth you did your side jim said i did yours too but drifted high well i had to go to the bank earlier get jims money i tried to shovel it almost fell alot so got out of garage down the long driveway roads icy still when i got on road leading to d hwy on the big hill going down i was coming up to it down below six deer standing in road hit the brakes careful car is sliding but did stop i sat there cause another deer to side all deer went on across last jumped fence joined others scary driving really my car has auto four wheel drive it is terrible too hate it cant just put it in four wheel drive ready to get rid of it i googled this auto four wheel escape of mine saw this  This car is the worst car ford have ever made. If a piece of s**t trash was a car 🚗 this would be it.  Someone please come high Jack it plz

so get home it gets stuck coming up to garage no auto traction at all i backed down got it up jims side then turning it hard got it to go in my side of garage crooked then backed out straighten it up pulled back in. i am done driving till my side of driveway all cleaned off. our roads are better if i should get out and get stuck i will text you joho

my mom wrote in my baby book i love that book my mom wrote so much how i loved all animals cartoons my brother and sisters too bad my one sister did not feel that back

johoward

« Reply #27925 on: January 18, 2024, 12:35:46 PM »

OK Cal. I will put on my Carharts and my Muck boots and bring my shovel in my little front wheel drive Kia Sportage. I have good snow tires now.  They work. 
 You have to promise to get stuck at my Walmart not yours. LOL
I have an appointment tomorrow at 8:45 am at The Cleveland Clinic Dermatology Office at 2049 East 100th St Cleveland, Ohio.
Weather says heavy snow tonight and tomorrow.  I been on the phone for 45 minutes trying to change the dat or get confirmation someone will be there.  They are in the snowbelt.  I think I will just cancel or move to a closer place. It is for Mohs surgery.
Here I go on phone again.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27926 on: January 18, 2024, 12:52:34 PM »

joho so funny you are okay if i get stuck at your walmart will,text you. really my old car could use new tires i need to think on a new one but have to really look into what my next car will be. no elec and four wheel i put it in manually lane alert just lots of stuff i would want you should cancel your appt if you got it done by me i or jim would take you lets say jim in his big four wheel drive ford pickup

johoward

« Reply #27927 on: January 18, 2024, 01:16:40 PM »

Still on the phone with Clinic. On hold. I will just go.  I will start earlier and take main roads. I am a good winter driver, and these tires do grip snow well.
 If I cancel I may have to wait months to get in.  I cannot wait on hold any longer.  I am missing LUNCH! CU!

calihoula

« Reply #27928 on: January 18, 2024, 02:51:34 PM »

okay joho i see your point but be careful i would not stay on hold either

neva

« Reply #27929 on: January 18, 2024, 08:28:32 PM »

El Paraiso ...  46:14      71°  (5:56 pm)   It was sunny.

Cal   I felt so bad for your friend's Donkey, you're right, I'd bring him in the house.

Joho     I think Bash and the new little one will have plenty of good examples to follow in your family.  You all seem to care about each other, as well as your friends.  That is really nice.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)