Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1120018 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27840 on: December 31, 2023, 04:15:24 PM »

Happy New Year ...  27:23    62°   (2:37  pm)   Sunny with a slight haze and a bit breezy.

I hope this coming year will be better than this year was, for you, in some way.

Cal     I thought when reading about how safe Iceland is, it is a small island, with small population and you might be more easily and quickly recognized, and it probably might not be that easy to get off the island without drawing attention.   

When my father-in-law retired and was home all of the time, my mother-in-law found it very difficult.  He was a bit difficult.

Joho    Sorry to hear you had a sleepless night, I hope a good nap helped you get caught up.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27841 on: January 01, 2024, 05:30:43 AM »

hi you guys its 25 here 30 in ice 37 in kviv and 50 in the barn my cousin janice sends me a new years happy she said she will be in bed by 10 pm well cousin was sound asleep at 10 before that really.

hi neva jim retires it will be bad he is not going to spend his days laying on the couch eating telling me what to do he can do volunteer work do something or we may have to move into our own place. i need my own time to myself only life i got too.

hi joho what i saw on the news ravens really beat dolphins big time chiefs finally got a win at home.  trash talk from bengals might of help them win. now see how far they can go.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/D0055D527C27?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #27842 on: January 01, 2024, 09:35:05 AM »

Dear Cal, Johoward and Neva,

I didn't get here Christmas so today .....

I wish you each a very healthy and happy Happy New Year!!

calihoula

« Reply #27843 on: January 01, 2024, 10:01:22 AM »

Happy New Year you guys
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #27844 on: January 01, 2024, 10:02:22 AM »

hi paulie happy new year to you!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #27845 on: January 01, 2024, 10:07:14 AM »

:) joho i saw this tee shirt

johoward

« Reply #27846 on: January 01, 2024, 11:32:49 AM »

Well, I did it. Hit the wrong key and lost a real work of art for you all. Known and unknown alike.
I will just say I wish us and the world the best year ever.  Things all will get better.  They always do.  So why not right now?
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine

neva

« Reply #27847 on: January 01, 2024, 01:30:50 PM »

Happy New Year ...  25:47     61°  (12:02 pm)   Mostly Cloudy.  Windy.

Hi Paulie   Thanks and may you have a happy and healthy New Year, as well.  Many Blessings for everyone.

Hi Cal    I love your Smiling Donkey.    I was lucky, when Larry retired, he was no problem to have around.  He was always a really nice guy.  We miss him. 

Hi Joho      May this coming year be a good one, full of blessings.
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27848 on: January 02, 2024, 05:25:05 AM »

hi you guys its 22 here clear see the moon 39 in ice 29 in kviv and 50 in the barn maybe i told her its cold stay in the barn when i went out i came in and went back out and there she was at the door i took her back in the barn said i told you it was cold how come you can come out the hidey hole but not back in i know you can get back in i guess you had to see for yourself it is cold that is okay times i have to see for myself too.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/9C055D50F302?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27849 on: January 02, 2024, 09:43:58 AM »

6:24 Good morning EV1.  I am glad to be here with you all once more. Almost slept through the night.  Lots to think about for the new year.  I am determined that this will be a good one for me and everyone I meet.  I will initiate my good cheer as soon as those around me get healthy.  Lots of sniffling going on.
Kind of cool out, but nice out.  31 degrees, dry, and still.  So some are out walking past my front window.
Debbie got a chuckle from seeing your dog shame, Cal. Thank you. I sent her a picture of my screen the best I could on my flip phone. She could see it OK.   She has Bash today.  Says he is "spicey" (a behavioral term not medical), but resting now.  So he is healing.
I wish the bears were a little more active.  Winter is dull without the wildlife.  I did look in on the Dublin Fox Heaven cam and the Temple Bar Cam.  Also did see the Decorah Eagle in a tree across the field.  Nesting will start soon I know.  Those Eagles are real early birds.
Now I will go get a second cup of coffee, and wait for others to wake up.
Neva and Cal you are the best.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27850 on: January 02, 2024, 03:46:58 PM »

Snowman ...  29:22    61°  (2:14 pm)    Sunny

Cal    I've got your card with the photo of Maybe on it displayed with other cards near me.  She is a pretty cat.  I guess no matter how cold it was this morning, she wanted to be the first to greet 'Mom'.  Does the Siamese come over anymore?  Do you remember me showing you the photo of the two Siamese that we had?  We have since lost the one in the background, Ruby. They were sisters.    Eden and Ruby

Joho      I hope the Cams liven up for you.
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #27851 on: January 02, 2024, 04:58:18 PM »

Neva, I just got of Bear chat with Marge.  While on we both looked in on Fox Heaven in Dublin and I think I exposed them to another favorite at GSB Falcon Cam.  The operator shows a lot of what goes on around that cam.  I highly recommend looking in a lot.  I start my day on that cam.  Often it is aimed to he East in the morning and we can watch the sun come up across the river. Other times it tracks the various islands, a dam, and cliffs.  It is a good one.  Once I watched Amy rappel over the cliff to band the falcon chicks in the nest box.  It was a video showing a school class on top of the bluff witnessing the banding operation.
 Well gotta go cook now. Bye

calhound

« Reply #27852 on: January 03, 2024, 06:25:00 AM »

hi you guys its 24 here 38 in ice and 24 in kviv 50 in the barn got a raccoonie been staying in the barn looked like something got half of upper face jim saw it too. she can only see out of one eye so good she is staying in the warm safe barn food water she has been eating little debbies fancy cakes and i syringe antibiotics in them my antibiotics foster wanted me to take on implant i saved them for stuff like this when i went out at 3 am she was behind the trap on the front slider door i also had insulation sheet laying back there for her and she gets in the hay tunnel i dump dry dog food saw everything was gone from night before i know she is not eating all that so others are coming hope they leave her alone looks like they did she came right out from trap she was really close to me i put down those little debbies and she started eating them she is getting better ty god jesus mom i do not want to jinx it so i will be quiet but that side of her face has like a thick scab on it it covers her eye it is starting to loosen up so hoping it falls off soon next time i am going to spray it with perioxide  or that bactine stuff. dont want her to take off though that would be so bad. when i came in jim was waiting for me wanting to know if i saw her yes i did jim he said he did not see her last night when he went out but put out just plain little debbies i said all the food was gone when i went out but i refeed her with medicine.  filled all water bowls.

hi joho i have not been to any cams for a long time i need to go to great spirit bluff i like the dog shames too. makes me feel better about penny and brownie and all the stuff them two do. not my cali she is pretty good old dog.

hi neva i remember your siamese looked just alike but not same litter right? no i have not seen that siamese for a long time those people across from jims shop run a cat resue deal but me and jim are aggravated with that his parents moved in well they had this huge garage built park their big rv in there and live in it. they run it his wife is a vet tech and gets the cats fix but now we have lots and lots of cats over here and we are not happy about that at all.  i put out dog food by side door for other raccoonies and oppsums then i see a hungry cat put out little food for it jim said something to her and she said oh trap it bring it over here we did trap one mom cat and her kids but kept them i am sure about that place people who lived before them nick and dirt bike buddys he did not work rode bikes all day long jim blew up listening to that one day nick crashed his bike broke his bike end of bikes and her parents moved in to help with house payment and utilies they moved out and sold that house now to cat people and we think his parents moved in to also help pay for stuff. i did not live beyond my means when i was first married we did not live in a fancy place at all but it was ours and we could afford it. i also got your card neva thank you such pretty cards you always send!

i got to finish my stuff feed the dogs more cats back to barn go put my mo sales tax in mailbox etc

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/87055D5A2B24?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27853 on: January 03, 2024, 10:38:15 AM »

5:56 on Old house in Ireland.
Kind of dull here today.  Gray but dry.  Not too cold at 34 degrees at 11:22.
Not much to report.  Did have a lovely bear chat with Marge in Ireland. I may have mentioned this before.  Sorry if so. Just another senior moment. 
Drugmart is calling.  "My two prescriptions are ready for pickup".  I just got two yesterday.  So I am a little surprised I have two more.  Maybe I will call before I go.  I will definitely wait until I see my mail, which may not have come yet..  Today is sale day in the paper, and senior discount day at Drugmart.
GSB Cam is showing lots of birds on the river.  The cam is bouncing a lot.  May be windy, or maybe coming loose.  It is probably very hard to repair being down the face of that bluff like it appears to be. Bouncing is intermittant.  So it may be normal.  I just have not seen it before. I think I will pop off for a while.  Something looks odd on Messenger.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27854 on: January 03, 2024, 02:54:23 PM »

hi joho getting ready for barn i went gsb cam no shaking all calm river still beautiful falcon box looks good how much is senior discount at drugmart

hi neva got ottoman at 10:30 this morning i dragged it in the house no box but in heavy duty plastic wrap chore dragging it to my room bigger chore draggin out old one cleaning floor washing quilts on it heavy quilts my mom made them new one is so tall compare to old beat up one other one i left brownie gets up on it to eat sit her pan on it if cali gets on it she can walk up to new one from corner then onto bed she has been in my room i hear her still on the floor hope she can get up there if she cant i will take the legs off its nice looks brown to me i left that heavy duty plastic on it poked a small hole on bottom to attach legs