Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1119867 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27870 on: January 08, 2024, 05:56:59 AM »

hi you guys i did my post but chrome is not working i left it on my desktop came in kitchen got my ipad its not chrome we are going under winter advisory till wed temps in single digit or zero lots of snow sleet etc im heading to walmart now get there get back get cat dog bird food cat litter cookies etc for raccoonies etc joho good you are better very hard to not see my little addie sleeping in her spot she looked just like maybe neva i saw it was cold for you saw rain but then snow wow. i conked out last night just conked out did not see chiefs game barn chores did they win? i left penny and brownie out in kitchen again last night just me cali old cats i have some very old like addie i was grateful to be with her sob. till her last breath its so hard
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27871 on: January 08, 2024, 07:03:18 AM »

Cal  The chiefs won by just one missed extra point by the Chargers. 13  12 Browns forfeited by playing reserves.  Cincinnati played starters, and blasted us.
Lots of rough reports on your weather channel.  Nothing going on here today until rain tonight. 30 degrees right now at 8 am.
Hi Neva save for later. LOL
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #27872 on: January 08, 2024, 02:04:03 PM »

hi joho thanks for game info it has been snowing here im glad i got to walmart got myself in pushed the cart all over bird food at one end milk cat dog food other but i did it loaded up all that pet stuff four boxes of can cat 40 cans to a box already had two here four boxes of fancy feast can 30 cans to a little box 2 jugs of 20 lb cat litter big sack of dry dog food i slid it off the shelf onto back half of my cart other stuff bird seed nut fruit berry they love that stuff. got me some can biscuits anyway stocked up good lots of barn treats so your brownies just forfeit the game? what is reserve second third string sounds like chiefs did not play starters i heard chris jones defense got a tackle he needed for that million plus bonus
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27873 on: January 09, 2024, 05:10:14 AM »

hi you guys its 30 here snowing 46 in ice 15 in kviv and 50 in the barn  barn starting to flood coming under indys slider door so i pellet in front of it it snows then it is rainy then it snows i saw on the weather channel cold air heading down from canada saw yellow knife home to ice pilots it is -46 chiefs game this sat at 7 here arrowhead and said temp will be zero and -10 windchill at kickoff. and the place will be packed with fans. hope they win it for them die hard fans. hill will be back at arrowhead

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F4055D59FEF4?z=0

i am not going to post a dog shame cause yesterday it made my google chrome mess up i had to shut down my computer and then start it back and took a long time to update it cause not done that for a long time then get up and running will come back and try it later

gb all animals
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27874 on: January 09, 2024, 08:26:02 AM »

Good morning EV1.  Still dizzy.  I think i have a cold in my inner ear.  Very unusual.  No other symptoms.
Funny how I am already missing dog shame.  Feels like my day can't get properly started yet.  Good to at least have the explanation for it's absence.  Thanks Cal.
 Really nasty out here today.  Wind and rain blasting us. Not freezing yet, but I hear that is coming too.  So I will just stay inside with you guys, and look at animal cams all over the place. Starting with Ely area.  Then GSB.  Then Snowman. Then Great Dane Rescue. Then Greenville deer pantry.
 First though Coffee etc.
 CUL EV 1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #27875 on: January 09, 2024, 10:14:21 AM »

hi joho my power has been off since 7:15 am almost three hours generator did kick in for house i had to drag out extension cord from garage thru snow on sidewalk to dark barn so got them light and radio but no furnace barn down to 44 i called elec huge area without power snow is heavy i think took down many lines i left our address im upset furnace was working so good in there kept it at 50 and shut off tonight be 12 will take awhile to get barn back up to 50 who knows when power back on i had shovel whole sidewalk took long time it is slick i dont get around very well my hands were freezing gloves wet coat wet still snowing jim be home later maybe he can get that little generator going for barn maybe may have to come in garage she is in her bed out there doing okay so is indy sweets no sun out windy good jim had them bring propane last thursday ill try a dog shame before i go back to the barn

calihoula

« Reply #27876 on: January 09, 2024, 10:15:10 AM »

calhound

« Reply #27877 on: January 09, 2024, 12:59:24 PM »

hi you guys my power came back on ten till noon off for 4 and half hours barn was at 43 so went back to the barn you cannot even tell i shovel that sidewalk snowing wind blowing said real feel is 14 but happy power back on in barn got in lights on i undid extension cord threw it outside furnace was blasting away pouring out heat the news was on the radio the farm at 10 after noon temp was up to 48 then up to 50 did not take long at all to heat it back up. thank you god jesus mom when i came out jim was on his 4 wheeler plowing the driveway i had that cord wrapped around my foot so dragging it back with me 100 ft cord lots of cord sure hope power stays on had to restart my desktop here wait on it but it is ready for in the morning. feeding everyone lunch now i saw jim came in the house first every light is on. turn out the lights jim
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27878 on: January 09, 2024, 03:16:33 PM »

Jim is celebrating electric being on finally.  Use it or lose it they say. LOL  You take care out there.  Sounds very dangerous.  Dull and wet here.  45 at 4:09 PM.
Been running around all day trying to get my phone fixed. Still not done.  I need another persons phone to use while mine is being adjusted.  Made a plan for sometime later this evening, but not sure it will work out.  The tech who does this in Target was not in today or tomorrow. 
So I will just hope for the best tonight, and go back on Thursday to Avon Target store.  My phone is still inverted they say.  Can read it in a mirror, but not without.  Awful!  I believe Verizon is doing this, because I took out their sim card and put in Consumer Cellular's card.  Verizon is still in there I know, because they give me a text every day saying card is not Verizon.
 Well enough beely aching.  CUL EV1 GBU , Israel, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27879 on: January 09, 2024, 05:41:02 PM »

Post Box Ireland ... 40:16     52°  (3:08 pm)    Sunny & windy.

Cal    I'm sorry you had so much trouble this morning... but glad that you recovered quickly when the power did come back on.   It was about 27° here last night during the wee small hours.  I went to a doctor's appointment yesterday and it was miserably cold out, I could not wait to go home.  I am so done with winter ... what a whiner I am.  lol!  Sorry

Joho      I have my phone on Tracfone.  The way that I use it, or don't use it, it costs me $80. a year.  Buying four cards a year.  I hear that Consumer Cellular is a good service.  I did like my Motorola flip-phone and the only reason I gave it up was I wanted a really good camera, so I do have that now with a Motorola Stylus and wouldn't you know it, with Parkinson's I can't always get the photo I want to take because of the Tremor.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #27880 on: January 09, 2024, 06:18:39 PM »

hi beely aching and winter whiner!  :) its so cold here wind is wicked jim said tonight winds 45 mph i pray power stays on! i dread heading back out to barn at 3 am or earlier when jim used 4 wheeler on my sidewalk he pushed it down to cement now ice.   with ice and howling winds i was being real careful with my walker i was scared too so cold i had no hat on wearing my poop gloves thinking just make it to the barn like key west in there maybe she knows how good she has it she ate big dinner got petted got in her soft bed my birds happy too poor outside birds poor all animals out there this is too cold i can hear that north wind and you guys with cell phone talk i did have my cell on me today verizon flip phone my monthy bill is 34.00 unlimited talk and text i found my red stocking hat my mom got me long ago warmest hat ever you can pull it down cover your whole face bedtime for me i need to make my cheese pizza get my pop head to bed you guys please stay safe

calhound

« Reply #27881 on: January 10, 2024, 05:18:44 AM »

Favorite Moments - UPDATE January 9, 2024

Raven pair touching beaks
 Fisher
Fisher
 Fisher
Fisher getting a good look
The fisher was tantalizing the first two times I saw him or her so very briefly. Then yesterday he was here to be seen, and he was spectacular with his big bright chest blaze as he walked across the yard, standing up frequently to scan ahead. I went downstairs to get a better look and he’d disappeared. Red squirrel
Red squirrel
Then he came down the tree from the second floor deck. I should have stayed up at my desk. But after giving me some photo ops he went back up and showed me what he wanted. He took the last piece of beef fat. Later, he was back and had a turn with the suet. I hope he keeps coming. Maybe eventually I’ll find out if he is a he or a she.

Another favorite moment was seeing ravens enjoying closeness as a pair. This was a pair in which the male has the usual black chest without the white spots the other male has. The picture shows him and his mate facing each other to gently touch beaks. He has his eyebrow feathers sharply raised which I think in this situation shows excitement as they gently interact.

Deer dinner bell
Deer dinner bell

Another moment showed me that the sound of peanuts (no shells) sliding off the scoop is a dinner bell. Two deer were in the yard looking up at me on the second floor deck as if to say “Please Mr. Human, could you throw us some peanuts?” I did, and I was amazed at what immediately happened. Ten more came hurrying out of the woods from three directions to converge on the scattered peanuts. The picture shows seven of the twelve. With that many deer, I threw two more big scoops. I’m guessing with half a foot of snow on the ground, it’s harder for them to find greens.

Chickadee
Chickadee
 Chickadee wings
Chickadee
Chickadee numbers have grown. What brings them flying in is sunflower seeds, especially seeds without shells, which they have to share with red squirrels by day and unknowingly share with flying squirrels at night while the chickadees are sleeping.

It’s a wonderful world.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #27882 on: January 10, 2024, 05:26:18 AM »

hi you guys its 12 here 41 in ice 26 in kviv and 50 in the barn the wind is not howling so that is a big help and snow blew over my sidewalk during the night so i did not have any problem getting my walker over it it was bumpy but not slick. i was hoping to read in the update someone saw that fox the thought some creep trapped it is more than i can bear.  :(

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/3A055D515CE4?z=0

gb all animals

calihoula

« Reply #27883 on: January 10, 2024, 11:31:19 AM »

BBQ Chiefs  · Follow
  ·
Chiefs-Dolphins on Saturday will be one of the coldest games in NFL history. 
It's expected to be below 0 degrees with winds at 10-20 mph

johoward

« Reply #27884 on: January 10, 2024, 12:11:32 PM »

Hi EV1, What is "beely aching"?  You might ask. Oh, I see it was my fat finger invention.  LOL
Neva, Last night I was talking to Jennifer in Arizona trying to fix my phone.  She said it was 27 degrees and she was not comfortable with that at all.  I too had Tracfone for many years.  Then they quit "supporting" my nice solid old Motorola.  It would no longer send texts.  It took many months for them to finally admit what they had done.  Then they sent me a replacement phone.  It was a flipper, and was just fine for several years.
 Joan always had expensive Samsung phones from Verizon, and somehow I got switched over to join them until they arbitrarily upped my bill.
I am not totally satisfied with CC right now.  I have no mobile service this morning for the first time.  I think they cut me off, because I was on with them last night trying to fix my "inverted" screen, and got cut off. Have not had any calls or texts since. I have no way to reach them now. So I will wait until I have someone else with a phone.  I am sending out emails to try to get help from Debbie or someone.  No help yet.
I see Patrick is a toughie.  No gloves.  He may want some on Saturday.  Go Chiefs!  Glad Doc sees that fisher, and kissy face ravens. Also ecstatic that he can send us pictures of them.  WOW!
Cal, my phone is always in my pocket except when on charge.  Just sayin.  I will be staying in until I get it working.  I will try Googling them.  My internet is with Spectrum, and still works.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.