Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1120270 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27825 on: December 28, 2023, 10:07:58 AM »

6:01 Need glasses. Maybe today, but probably not.  Feels like another lazy day.  I mean I did not even wake up until 10.  Now it is 11 and I just got into the computer with you guys.  So this day will be a short one.
 Not much to report this morning.  Mostly because I am still waking up. I took a PM at 9 last night, but it did not work until after 3 am. Did have coffee and cereal.  May have a second coffee soon.
So CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27826 on: December 28, 2023, 10:44:31 AM »

hi joho! i checked my phone i saw you got my Maybe christmas card i feel very lucky having you in my life  too. got your card too neva feel very lucky to have you too got message from one sorry jeanne too but im staying home at christmas if i feel i just gotta go somewhere it would be jims dads ride with jim

earlier i put out bird seed on sidewalk by side door and a sharpie sitting on my walker oh yes put out bird seed! why you little hawk you i ran it off getting ready to go back in heard blue jays went back there it was again ran it off ran it off ran it off
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27827 on: December 29, 2023, 05:06:37 AM »

hi you guys its 33 here 22 in ice 45 in kviv and 50 in the barn i got to go pick up groceries in a bit then head over to harps

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B3055D5D25A3?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27828 on: December 29, 2023, 12:18:53 PM »

6:12 good day EV1.
 Cool, but dry so far this day.
Looking at Dublin Cam.  Wow! crowded and so many little kids.  Had to check my calendar to see if I missed New Years Eve. LOL  I will tell Marge and wish her Happy New Year by text soon while I am thinking of her.
Also Happy New Year to you guys too, while I am thinking of it. LOL  To the bear chat crowd too.  I know they stop in here.
Now I have been told by neighbor Lorrie, my food friend, that the mail is waiting down around the corner.  On USPS site I see my Mastercard bill is waiting in my box.  Since I like to pay bills, LOL, I will leave you for a while and go get my mail.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #27829 on: December 30, 2023, 04:58:57 AM »

Dreaming of a White New Year - UPDATE December 29, 2023

Frosty morning
No snow. Maybe the warmest December here ever. And suddenly the woods are white, but it’s not snow. It’s amazing sparkling frost with a different kind of beauty that disappeared when the sun came out and temperatures rose above freezing. Donna caught the frost on a branch with her cell phone. The forest looked snowy from the overview, but Donna’s picture shows what it was.

Frost on tree branch
Frost on tree branch
 Frosty branch
Frosty branch
Thinking about the good things of the past year, at the Bear Center it was the new fence and dens that you made possible. Here at the Wildlife Research Institute the high point was the courses full of animal-loving people with lots of bears once the bumper crop of berries shriveled with the sparse rain in August. We now have 39 participants signed up for 2024 with 25 spots still open.

Flying squirrel
Flying squirrel

The only company out the window at this moment is this lone flying squirrel.

Thank you for all you did this past year and Happy New Year.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #27830 on: December 30, 2023, 05:12:11 AM »

hi you guys its 28 clear here 28 in ice 48 in kviv and 50 in the barn no snow for doc and the bears warmest ever who says we do not have global warming well we do!! its bad too.

Hi Joho nice your friend lorrie tells when your mail is in and also your food friend. i would like a friend like that too. times i drive down to my mailbox he has not came yet running late so i do like i can see what is my box at least by daily digest on my email. cause just junk get it tomorrow. i ordered a new ottoman for my room. dogs take turns laying on it i sit on it when i eat my dinner. old ones got two just buying one for now the girls tore it down to plywood. lots of blankets on it but still not the softest. most times all dogs on the bed with me. it looks almost like the old one 52 inch long and 30 wide 19 tall other one was 32 wide

i will put the blankets on top of the new one keep cats from clawing it too death

hi neva

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/31055D4A94CA?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #27831 on: December 30, 2023, 07:50:15 AM »

i just saw my local news sports my wildcats won their bowl game jayhawks won theirs and mo tigers won theirs sorry joho chiefs need to win tomorrow brownies done great!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27832 on: December 30, 2023, 09:42:11 AM »

6:15
Good morning EV1. Rainy here this morning.  I left my car out last night until 3 am so it could get rinsed off.  Never rained.  Now it is inside and nice steady rain falling.  I will put it out again soon, and bring it in after I go get mail and the snow starts falling.
FYI I did go see "M....". I had forgotten how beautiful she is.  What a treat to see her and her two beautiful little dogs  She was shocked to see me, but seemed pleased too.  I gave her  a small gift to remember the good times we shared this year.  It was a very good year.  She just told me again this morning by text to leave her alone. So I will.
Lorrie just said the mail is in.  So I will go get it now.
Have a Happy New Year You all.  I do mean YOU!  You know who all are all over the country. LOL

calihoula

« Reply #27833 on: December 30, 2023, 12:19:34 PM »

hi neva i saw this on cher and gregg allman son cher has 360 million dollars of her own he looks like his dad

Cher seeks conservatorship over son Elijah Blue Allman’s finances
The singer is asking for temporary control of her son’s finances, claiming he can’t handle them himself because of his struggles with addiction and mental health.
Dec. 29, 2023, 4:30 PM CST
By Clarissa-Jan Lim
Cher has asked a court to grant her a temporary conservatorship over her son Elijah Blue Allman, claiming that the 47-year-old cannot control his finances because of his struggles with mental health and substance abuse.

In a petition filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Wednesday, the singer requested temporary oversight of the money her son receives from a trust fund set up by his father, the late musician Gregg Allman. According to court documents obtained by NBC News, the singer says she’s concerned that the money “will be immediately spent on drugs, leaving Elijah with no assets to provide for himself and putting Elijah’s life at risk.”

The filing accuses her son’s estranged wife, Marieangela King, of “actively” hindering her son “from getting clean and sober or receiving mental health treatment that he desperately needs.” Elijah Allman filed for divorce from King in 2021, but they are still legally married.

King, Cher and an attorney for Allman did not immediately respond to NBC News’ requests for comment, but Allman told The Associated Press: “I am well, and able, and of sound mind and body.”

In September, Variety reported that King had accused Cher of having Allman kidnapped last year to try to prevent the couple from reconciling. Cher told People that the allegation wasn’t true, while adding about her son and substance abuse: “I’m a mother. This is my job — one way or another, to try to help my children. You do anything for your children. Whenever you can help them, you just do it because that’s what being a mother is.”

Conservatorships are messy affairs, as we’ve seen from Britney Spears’ long battle to free herself from her father’s grip, and former NFL player Michael Oher’s very public dispute with the Tuohy family. Conservators can exert broad control over a person’s finances, and, often, their personal autonomy, as was the case with Spears.

But the system is deeply flawed. An investigation by BuzzFeed News in 2021 found that it’s a “vast, lucrative, and poorly regulated industry that has subsumed more than a million people.

calihoula

« Reply #27834 on: December 30, 2023, 12:24:23 PM »

joho i doubt you forgot what she looked like i will skip over your fyi on m but sounds like you need to leave her alone

johoward

« Reply #27835 on: December 30, 2023, 05:28:46 PM »

Cal, I said I would.  So I will.
As for Cher and Elijah.  I hate drugs.  They waste so many lives. 
Now on something important.  I am disappointed for the Buckeyes this year.  The star quarterback walked out on them I guess. Made a big difference.  The backup players are all injured I guess.  The only good thing I see now is the season is OVER!
Sorry, I was delayed by a phone call..
Now I will say Good night, because it feels late to me.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27836 on: December 30, 2023, 06:15:53 PM »

: New Orleans ...  27:35    71°  (4:06  pm)  Clear & sunny - and a light breeze.  This is the kind of weather that you wish you had a pause button to keep it this way for a while, or maybe even a long while.  This with occasional rain would be perfection, for me anyway.

I hope all are well and having a decent day. 

Cal, I read the other day that the safest (crime-free, I guess) place in the world is Iceland and the next is New Zealand, then Ireland and then Denmark.  I thought you'd like to hear that about Iceland.  I'd love to live in Ireland for a year at least. (yes, I'm part Irish too  lol!    That is too bad about Cher's son, Elijah Blue.  I hope there is some good outcome to her efforts to help him.

Hi Joho   take care.

Cal    I meant to tell you that I like your Ottoman.  What color did you get?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 02:11:31 AM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27837 on: December 31, 2023, 05:38:56 AM »

hi you guys its 30 here flurries later 23 in ice 41 in kviv and 50 in the barn.

hi neva thanks for info safest places i have read on iceland asked about their crime yes very very low and cost of living etc. still it is surrounded by water have to boat out well can fly but lots of neat stuff there i read you have to have a job they need you for to live there anyone can visit i think but rules to living there i think dogs are barking in the kitchen loud hard to think jim yelling at them from his bed i will be happy when it is tuesday and he is finally back to ford been 11 days 11 long days.  the ottoman it says is dark gray i wanted another dark brown but i will be putting blankets on it so does not matter cali moved to the cruddy old one last night she really stretches out in it  all to herself she would rather lay next to me but penny took over that spot sometime in the night so i be will happy for cali to have a nice padded new one. i hope good for chers son his wife or ex or whatever cher is not trying to get his money she has her own!! she looking out for her son. i am sure his dad did not want that for him either. drugs can be good lots of people take them everyday and need them but also can be a very bad thing to some

Hi joho missouri tigers have played really well this year they deserved to go and deserved that win jim said nice to see them win that. you still got your brownies and i hope the chiefs win today

i know you guys will be safe tonight hope all is

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/14055D53A3D0?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27838 on: December 31, 2023, 10:28:27 AM »

Gotta run to Drugmart now.  So Happy New year just in case. Had a long sleepless night.

johoward

« Reply #27839 on: December 31, 2023, 01:41:14 PM »

9:47  on laptop  soooo slow  but finally done  lunch too
not much to share today  i am being good  bad night  will nap soon    my least favorite team, ravens, beating dolphins.
cul ev1 gbu