Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1120419 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27795 on: December 20, 2023, 06:32:49 PM »

Jingle Bells ...  27:58     74°  (5:12 pm)    Sunny w/ a few clouds.

I hope everyone is having a decent day.

Hi Cal    That would be a great idea to take Jim with you when you go to that one doctor.

Hi Joho     
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27796 on: December 21, 2023, 04:58:56 AM »

hi you guys its 48 here 25 in ice 41 in kviv and 52 in the barn rain starting this afternoon and many days of it  :( barn will be flooding indy will be inside

hi neva i am thinking of taking jim but then house and all kids be alone for along time i hate that. i dont know if jim can go back with me cause his presence i am sure would make foster be more careful with that needle but he can sit in the lobby and if foster goes off and leaves me again for long time i can call jim and he will see what is going on. i know this will be my last implant with foster. i should of not had this implant put in and then had bottom tooth pulled same day. but at least that is over now get second implant in four months  and that new tooth. like i said if i break off another tooth i will live with it.

hi joho i was afraid indy might come to me yesterday he was really wound up jim said oh he will come to you i drove in and here he came. what a good boy i went right in the barn afterwards. i sent you a christmas card thought i had your address right cause this happen before you gave me your new address but it came back.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/09055D5B0DB2?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #27797 on: December 21, 2023, 06:56:53 AM »

neva i was telling the dogs about dr foster and taking jim leaving them home alone girls said take us mom! we are not afraid of foster he makes you scream we will make him scream!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #27798 on: December 21, 2023, 07:03:41 AM »

The Kansas City Kingdom
17h  ·
Patrick Mahomes bought all of his offensive linemen custom golf carts for Christmas!

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #27799 on: December 22, 2023, 05:00:52 AM »

hi you guys its 51 here rainy 19 in ice 36 in kviv 55 in the barn yesterday longest day now starting today days will get longer. like no winter here so far

i hope you guys are okay alice are you ok

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E5055D5A0AF5?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27800 on: December 22, 2023, 07:53:39 AM »

First Santa in chimney 5:39.
Cal, inflated energy and living costs is an old trick used by the CEOs to get rid of a Democratic president. It worked against Carter.  Biden knows this, has little power to order lower prices.  He has been meeting with those company leaders who have been gouging us, and asked them to let off on the phony price increases.  That is why some prices are coming down. He has done a lot to help our quality of life, but is not getting credit for all he has done.  The media are not helping him.  We have to do it ourselves by letting others know we like him, and by not letting the Trumpeters hog the airwaves day after day. We have become a country of extremes, and the Right extremists is out shouting us moderates by a mile. Just sayin.
Warmer here today. 39 degrees at 8:48.  Been up since 4AM.
  Supposed to rain early, but I don't see any rain yet.
Lorrie wants me to get some food.  So CUL EV1.  GBU. Israel, and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27801 on: December 22, 2023, 09:27:56 AM »

hi joho comment on high food prices they are sky high and hope they go back down jim said uaw still has not endorsed biden

Biden has yet to receive the union's endorsement as he seeks reelection with the message that he has delivered for blue-collar workers. The UAW declined to talk about its relationship with the White House.

johoward

« Reply #27802 on: December 22, 2023, 11:02:33 AM »

Food and gas are going back down, because of Biden meeting with leaders, and calling them out.  Campbells is my favorite example of excess profits.  Just use Yahoo finance or Google to look at their profits during the last few reporting periods. They made a good profit at $.75 a can on soups.  How much did they make when we were paying around $2.00 a can?  Just one example.  See restaurant profits at KFC, Wendy's, and Mc Donald's.  Look at Lay's chips.  The list goes on. Nobody says anything.  Why not?
 I watch the moms and dads in Walmart shopping for soup for the kids.  They used to grab and go.  Now they study the shelf prices trying see how they can feed the kids. Many wind up buying house brands instead of Campbells.  This is another reason the prices are coming down.  People quit buying at the inflated prices.  I for one will not pay more than a dollar for a can of soup.
Also, I quit going to KFC, Micky-D, Wendy,  etc. 
Well I am done ranting for now.
I will send a card.
Bye now my friends.  GO BIDEN! LET'S HEAR IT!

calihoula

« Reply #27803 on: December 22, 2023, 11:50:26 AM »

Chiefs Kingdom Memes - CKM
22h  ·
The Raiders are boarding their jet to Kansas City

calhound

« Reply #27804 on: December 23, 2023, 05:09:30 AM »

hi you guys its 47 here rainy 27 in ice 35 in kviv and 54 in the barn weather says changes monday sure when i am driving down to niece jeannes drop in temp but that will be they said in afternoon i should be home by then or on my way. cold for chiefs and raiders. snow mix tuesday afternoon so will have to get groceries before then cat food anyway. stop at mcdonalds they are having buy one get one for a dollar i get a sausage biscuit and strawberry jelly give sausage to the dogs but most time i throw it out when i take back road for animals it one of the few things i do for me

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/52055D54E8C4?z=0

gb urkaine gb all animals and gb all of us

neva

« Reply #27805 on: December 23, 2023, 04:06:46 PM »

Jingle Bells ...  25:04    52°  (2:31 pm)   Sunny at the moment, but rained all day yesterday, and most of this morning, yippie!

I hope that all is going well with all of you.

Cal   Yes, take your girls and Jim and that dentist will think twice about how he treats you.  I used to wish that I had an electric wire on a button, attached to the dentist ... and as you said, I feel pain, he feels pain. 

Joho    I always check out the house brands to see if they are any good, but when it comes to soup, my favorite is Campbell's New England Clam Chowder and the others brands of that just won't do.  I've been thinking of making a big pot of soup or chowder in my Slow Cooker or Instant Pot each week.   That might work out to be more of a treat, and not all that bad moneywise.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 04:29:14 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #27806 on: December 23, 2023, 06:38:58 PM »

5:54 on bells. Hi EV1. Nice to finally see you all.  Debbie stopped in this afternoon for a brief visit.  She shared a 30 minute video of the county dog pound Christmas lunch the staff put on for the dogs.  It was sad to see so many dogs cooped up in there, but quite nice to see the special turkey dinner they all received. Debbie knew the personality of all the dogs in the video.  She did relate that four of them had been adopted since the dinner. 
Then I had a big lunch of Lorrie left overs and hit the couch.  Must have been tired, because that was it for today. LOL When I woke up the Steelers are playing the Bengals.  I root for the Bengals, but hey are losing badly.
Never even went down to my mailbox to get my mail and morning paper.  I will go after I post this.  Then I will eat again.  I hope you were able to see the lighting video I got from Iowa and relayed on email.  I did get one feedback from Karen this evening.
Neva, I agree the best soup is Campbells.  It hurts me even more because the CEO is willing to make us all suffer through experimenting with cheaper brands just to make Biden look bad.  Even worse, it is working. DARN! Wake up people.  Look at the financial reports.  See the excess profits we are paying for this gouging.
Well, enough of that for now.  GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.  CUL EV1.

calhound

« Reply #27807 on: December 24, 2023, 04:49:09 AM »

Nice Weather, Fewer Visitors - UPDATE December 23, 2023

Red fox
With unusually mild weather and no snow, I wondered why the fox hasn’t been here for nine days since the 14th. I called the neighbor who sees the same fox, and they said they have had fewer visitors from all their animals with such mild weather. So I’m crossing my fingers for more visits from the fox and all.

Mink
Mink

On the other hand, there was a new visitor three days ago—this mink that I tried to get a picture of but didn’t want to scare it off. So we have this picture that at least shows his or her chin, throat, and chest marks for identification. It was resting by the boiler shed which could serve as its winter quarters with its three burrows that all connect underneath the shed. The burrows were made by woodchucks over the years. Waiting to see if the mink sticks around.

Pileated
Pileated Female
 Blue Jay
Blue Jay
This pileated woodpecker female discovered the suet and is coming a bit.

Blue jays became fewer with the nice weather, although I don’t know where they could find anything to compare with our shelled peanuts that they seemed very excited about.

Watching to see if there is anything to the weather conjecture as the weather turns colder and snowier.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #27808 on: December 24, 2023, 05:16:33 AM »

hi you guys its 53 here 23 in ice 32 in kviv and 54 in the barn moon is back so i was happy to see it. not raining either feels like spring out there. maybe colder temp now they say monday night tuesday keep dragging it out. pictures are just so good love the jay one. i made jims dad cherry pie yesterday jim will take it with the gifts i got all them today. well mrs smith made that pie i cooked it which i had to stick around in the house for that

hi neva so funny electric wire on dentist hay could take an electric cattle prod tap him with that. i see where my old oral surgeon was dr hansen it is still open with other ones so i got choices but first i will see if dr platte can do future stuff  also i saw dr fosters place has laughing gas yet i was  not offered that. you can be knocked it i find that over doing something never needed that before i will say something to foster before next round of shots and final implant i am dreaded that. i like campbells vegan vegetable soup the best jim bought me some yesterday. i dont eat alot of different stuff so i will get that. jim will get that.

hi joho more to biden than price of campbell soup just saying like him or trump eat campbell soup. nice debbie came by hope all them dogs get a good home. shame on people buying at a pet store or puppy mill rescue a dog cat horse donkey mule horse goat all of them

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/09055D5B0DB2?z=0

gb ukarine gb all animals and gb all of us

johoward

« Reply #27809 on: December 24, 2023, 11:59:26 AM »

7:22 Merry Christmas Eve everyone. I am in a fog over here.  Don't have anything to do until tomorrow.  Don't really want o go out, but will soon go to Walmart to get Epson printer ink.  I want to take a news article to Debbie's for her to read, but no  black ink as usual.  Don't know why I am not offered the "use others" option I usually get.
Well, I slept late due to taking Tylenol PM at 2am.  Woke to hear a text coming in.  Was amazed to see who it was from.  Made my head spin for a while.  I am still not well focused.  So after almost two hours, I did send a somewhat generic reply.
I have spent my time watching "The Office". Now I will go to Walmart.  Try not to be jealous of me going to Walmart on Christmas Eve. LOL
Bye for now Merry Christmas GBU, Israel and Ukraine