Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1120411 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27780 on: December 16, 2023, 05:45:47 AM »

hi you guys its 44 here raining 35 in ice 32 in kviv and 50 in the barn. like docs update not much to say i ask god to please come get my kid then i say okay fine i asked my mom and she did i feel my mom loves me more than god so she is gone but she looks peaceful now ...

hi neva i just saw your post from other day michelle put up your tree and my phone is simple just a flip phone i do not want to carry it and i i dont need a computer phone jim has one and he is on it all the time. i am not i am doing chores taking care of animals rather do that then be on the phone. i think men love the phone alot i know lots of them who on it alot. mine is for er mostly i talked to my niece couple times a month on sunday morning use to talk to mom but usually i went to see her almost every weekend took the dogs with me back then use to talk to boobie use it for grocerey pickup and dentist stuff. i understand you and your phone.

hi joho  i hope the chiefs can manage a win tomorrow. they will have to worry about penalties alot patrick maybe can get some tds get ahead this time

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/2E055D5B7AF6?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #27781 on: December 17, 2023, 04:53:25 AM »

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #27782 on: December 17, 2023, 05:08:07 AM »

hi you guys its 33 here cloudy hope rain is done 34 in ice 36 in kviv and 50 in the barn yesterday afternoon when i was in the barn i had some cheese puffs in my coat pocket to give my mice out there. i also had indys and sweets big treats cause it was big treat time. when i move over to sit on hay next to indy he sticks his head thru and i give pieces of cookies and toaster pastry etc. make it go farther without giving him tons of it. maybe sits on my lap i gave him cookies then pulled out that cheese puff. now i know he does not like those but gave it to him he spit it out i was going to rake it back to me he bent back down to it again cause its food after all. he picked up again and once again he spit it out. here boy eat this cookies instead he did but he could not stand leaving food so finally he ate it.   :) tomorrow i have to drive all the way to the city see dr foster finally get my implant put in then wait for it to heal then go see dr platte get my new tooth. after a year and half. no more of that for me if i have to get another implant if dr platte and i want dr platte cant remove a bad tooth and put implant right in like dr hansen always did even dr foster did that one then i will go with something else. i will try real hard to not have a tooth break off. my niece jeanne will be calling me in a few hours so got to get lots done

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/09055D5B0DB2?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27783 on: December 17, 2023, 07:48:55 AM »

Cal, I think Patrick was frustrated with the drops, but could not risk losing his leadership role with his teammates.  So he decided to take it out on the refs.  They earned it, but the real reason for the loss was the drops. IMHO
Today is a new day.  Go Chiefs, and go browns.
Now my morning stuff.  Will try to get back for puzzle.
GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

johoward

« Reply #27784 on: December 17, 2023, 11:02:27 AM »

6:31 on Santa.
Been raining all morning.  Still is.  Not too cold at 45 degrees at 11:57.  Will head over to watch football soon.  Debbie and I will be rooting for Browns.  Also, for Cal and Jim,  GO CHIEFS.
 I got a nice card and email from Iowa.  Has a really splendid video of Christmas lights.  I will try to forward it to you both.  OK Football time.  So CUL EV1.  GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27785 on: December 17, 2023, 05:28:46 PM »

Ho Ho Ho ...  29:36
Santa in Chimney ... 30:41     78°  (3:53 pm)   Sunny   (It did get up to 81°)

I hope that all are having a decent day.

Cal    The only reason I mentioned that you might wish to carry your phone was for safety's sake.  If you are outside, especially when it is so cold, and get hurt, fall or anything, you could call for help.  I'm not on my phone much, I turn it on only when I go for a doctor's appointment - maybe four times a month.  I did have a flip phone for a while and I loved it, and could be happy with one again.  I am not especially good at using this one that I have now.  I don't even like talking on the phone and don't unless I have to.

Joho     Thanks for the Christmas lights video.  It's great that you get to go and see them and have friends that are interested in seeing them too.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27786 on: December 18, 2023, 05:09:28 AM »

hi you guys its 34 here 35 in ice 39 in kviv and 50 in the barn

hi neva i talked to niece jeanne yesterday we kind of hit and miss so i did carry it on me and got a text chiefs has won and jeanne called while i was in the  barn indy put out too wanted his treats he snorted for jeanne   :) you are right i spend lots of time out there and have fallen out there jim says carry your phone but still i am in a hurry and my phone if someone leaves a message it blinks and uses up my battery pretty fast so lots of times it is on the charger in my bathroom. today i will take it since i am driving to the city.

hi joho yay brownies won you said and the chiefs finally did too. to be worry about them winning against the patriots is sad. i hope they win the next home game fans need a win at arrowhead they are asking for sales tax for next 40 years for stadium royals and chiefs if you live in jackson county not sure it will pass so winning will help that or chiefs may go to kansas which i not that far but not the same as arrowhead at all and royals nashville tn interested in them jim says bye to them but no we do not want to lose the royals. your lights very very pretty thanks for that i have to get my christmas stuff together like this week!!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/30055D5BF551?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27787 on: December 18, 2023, 09:08:32 AM »

6:16 about my average. Turned cold here this morning.  Fowl weather expected.  Drizzle and snow and slush.  Bad driving, but I don't have to go out.  Probably will not. Got some house keeping that has waited too long.  Don't look bad, but you know it has been a while.  So can't hurt to vacuum and dust.  Maybe wash out window sills.
It is very fortunate for me to just have just these normal domestic chores to think of.  So many others have much more drastic extremes in their lives.  God bless them every one.
I am glad to hear Iowa's Farm Light Show came through to you all.  She is so nice on the Bear Chat and on my phone. 
Well now I will go Hoover a while. CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine. God please help our great nation to be less selfish and more helpful to those in need of a better life.  If not us then who? Putin?

calhound

« Reply #27788 on: December 19, 2023, 05:18:28 AM »

hi you guys its 19 here 35 in ice 40 in kviv and 50 in the barn. i feel very beat up from seeing dr foster yesterday. my appt at 11 am i got there 10:30 am they took me back to my room 10;45 after i paid of course cash waited over an hour he came in came me the shots one for implant upper left side in the roof of my mouth and i screamed out so painful he gave a shot on bottom right to pull that little tooth right before first molar and that stung pretty good. he is not good at shots dr westman showed me i did not have to fear him and dr platte too but this guy i fear him. then he says let that numb you and he left again and was gone for almost an hour and half i called jim told him i was ready to just forget it and come home. dr foster came back in said sorry he got hung up on a phone call wth never did westman or platte do that never. so he went to start drilling for implant i jerked he said you can feel that i will numb up you up some more i said no you will not no no no. he said it will not be as bad no no no so he gave the shot to the side not on the roof. he really drilled alot finally got the implant in he added bone stitches then bottom one and it was not numb enough i swear more shots stung added bone that barrier deal but did not need awhole lot of that so he said he is going to give me some of money back he said did you pay cash or credit card cash he gave me back half the money for that. new ottoman for the dogs. but he really worked my face over getting that tooth out. got pain meds he did call me later i said my face is very swollen and hurts he said take your pain med but i was still catching up on my animals chores he said you have any problem call me. i took my pain med and laid down and the dogs were so good last night i woke up at 1 am in lots of pain took another half pill. i am dreading going back to this final implant but go back in three month get xray then a month see foster head over to platte start getting my tooth ready second one in june i cannot eat right now have to pick up groceries in a bit trying to finish christmas next year everyone will get either money or gift card period.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/0C055D4B3B24?z=0

gb ukriane gb all animals and gb all of us

johoward

« Reply #27789 on: December 19, 2023, 02:16:34 PM »

8:08 Wow! A real toughie. Lots of snow out there today. All my neighbors have shoveled the drives. I have not even opened my door. LOL  Just raised the blinds, said , " Oh how pretty", and laid down on the couch to watch all the day time "judges". LOL
Email won't let me sign in. Keeps telling me to reset password for added security.  I don't want to, but Google Chrome insists.
 Firefox still lets me log in.  Seems odd.  If Kinetic really is in charge, why does Firefox not know about it?  Odd!
C al It sounds just awful what the dentist has done to you.  It reminds me of my first dental visit as a young adult.  The dentist was a sadist.  I think I saw him in one of the old movies about Nazi interrogators.  He filled four of my molars with no anesthetic.  WOW!
 I did not go to another dentist for at least 20 years.  I only went then, because the molars he filled started to break off, and I had met a newly graduated dentist at a friends party.  Al said he was in the business to help others, and he did.  He volunteered at animal shelters to treat animals. He assured me that the other dentist was unethical in his no anesthetic approach. His friend at the same party said he was going to retire as early as he could.  I never went to see him.  I did go see Al several times, and he never hurt me at all.  I did have to wait a while for drug to work.  He said it was because I was too relaxed.  He was right.  I even napped a few times in his chair.  I really miss him since he retired.  All my rowdy friends have settled down, retired, or even died. Oh well.  We are still here. TYG
Now I need to take a walk around the corner to get my mail.  So CUL EV1.  GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.
God protect those innocents exposed to war.  Please.

neva

« Reply #27790 on: December 19, 2023, 04:32:30 PM »

Christmas Carolers ... 27:42     73°  (2:51  pm)   Mostly Cloudy.   

Cal   I feel so bad for you and cringed while I read that.   I have my share of sadistic dentist experiences, as a kid.  I found out that Novocain existed after we moved out here, at 13 years old, plus a water-cooled drill.  What a miracle that seemed like. 

Joho     I see you've been to a sadistic dentist in your time, too.  No wonder most people hate going to the dentist.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27791 on: December 20, 2023, 05:12:39 AM »

Breakfast at the WRI - UPDATE December 19, 2023

Deer family
The breakfast gathering at the WRI in winter is very different from the bear of summer during the field courses. Today, a calm deer family, a mother and three fawns, seemed unconcerned as I took pictures through the window just 10 feet away. The mother checked her buck fawn as another fawn tried to nurse, and the third fawn ate the scattering of peanuts that is the main draw for them.

Flying squirrel
Flying squirrel
 Red squirrel
Red squirrel
Breakfast can start pre-dawn with visiting flying squirrels looking for sunflower seeds. As dawn approaches, the flying squirrels leave and are replaced by red squirrels.

The other day, two visitors came unusually close when I was not sitting at my desk but became a blur of wings when I appeared. It was a mature bald eagle and raven leaving empty handed, although the eagle may have eaten some suet and the raven some fox food (pork). The eagle just flew to the other side of the yard and gave me a consolation photo of it watching me at my desk. The visit reminded me of an eagle that swooped in and grabbed a big piece of suet with its talons as it passed by .

Raven w/white
Raven w/white
 Bald eagle
Bald eagle
I might have seen the raven a couple days later when one dared to land close and eye the spot where the pork had been. It had two patches of white on its chest—something I’ve never seen before, and it showed me something else I’d not seen. When it turned its head the chest feathers shifted enough to cover up the spot on that side. I’ll be looking for this identifiable raven.

Pileated woodpecker female
Pileated woodpecker female

A couple days later, a female pileated woodpecker came by and ate pecked off pieces of suet seemingly without worry.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Cente

calhound

« Reply #27792 on: December 20, 2023, 05:28:39 AM »

hi you guys its 36 36 in iceland saw that volcano blew 40 in kviv and 50 in the barn my mouth starting to feel a little better. i do not know what to do i will back to foster for rest of this implant since i finally got it go back for xrays no shots then back in a month then over to dr platte i love dr platte loved dr westman he showed me i did not have to fear the dentist dr platte too but foster thinking of taking jim with me for next implant and shots and keep foster in the room not leave me for over an hour to sit there. when i see dr platte i will tell him about foster and talk to him about that. yes no wonder we dont go see a dentist.  i use to make dr westman pumpkin bread he was my friend too and i really dr platte alot too.  i got my christmas all ready to go and that took alot of out me so happy that is over

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/52055D54E8C4?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27793 on: December 20, 2023, 11:40:56 AM »

6:56     Been goofing off here this morning.  All I did was take the garbage can to the curb.  Never even finished the paper.  Did go get the mail and paper for tomorrow.  Need to tell Lorrie mail is in. Done.
I do have a good dentist now.  Debbie, and Mary, and Shannon all recommended Dr. Coloian, and he is good. Joan liked him a lot.  I have sent several friends there with good success.  He is prompt, thorough, effective,  and reasonable.  Also, he is young enough that he will probably outlive me, and that is something to celebrate. LOL
 Well 12:30 already.  Time for lunch.  Biden has gotten the price of Campbell's soup back below a dollar in several stores around here.  Thank you Mr. President.  It was simply fake Trumpflation that caused all the high prices we have been hit with. There aught to be a law to stop that political price gouging just to make the President look bad.
 So CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27794 on: December 20, 2023, 02:09:20 PM »

hi joho jim put indy out at 12:30 when he got home yesterday indy would not come to him so i drove the gator in jim stood back i called him he came running to me put his lead on jim lead him in the barn boy looking back at me but i went right in the barn i just looked out this window indy running the fence bucking running i think another gator day tim got another horse so two horses and the little donkey im happy you like your dentist i love mine too foster oral surgeon now my dentist does implant im not sure on oral surgery i will ask him dr westman was great and a friend to me and boobie ca i dont know if biden got your soup down in price im not happy how everything went up everything for long time too still going up on stuff i looked at a can of biscuits had not got them for long time grand biscuits was 1.48 well now they are 3.24 no biscuits here cheap version 1.74 little ten biscuits my mom bought all the time for .39 now .98 she would have a fit our president should work on that his job
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day