Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1120618 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27765 on: December 10, 2023, 06:04:38 PM »

Merry Santa ...  25:56      71°   (4:40 pm)    It was a sunny day, of course.

Hi Cal    My mother was born and raised in Maine.  Usually, the people from Maine seem to stay there and are pretty family oriented.  I'm surprised Stephen King + wife moved to Florida.  Do you still read a lot like you did?

Hi Joho   
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27766 on: December 11, 2023, 05:14:34 AM »

hi you guys its 32 here 38 in ice 31 in kviv and 50 in the barn

hi neva i been giving up some sleep to read kyla stone edge books. there are seven of them i am book 3 she must of own a great white pyrs cause she really describes this great dog like she did like my babe use to be its a page turner also that creep raped her and she is pregnant

EDGE OF COLLAPSE
EDGE OF COLLAPSE BOOK 1
In the middle of the coldest winter on record, an EMP destroys the nation's power grid.
But for twenty-six-year-old Hannah Sheridan, it's the best day of her life. For the last five years, she's been the captive of a sadistic psychopath--until the EMP releases the lock of her prison.

Reclusive ex-soldier Liam Coleman is headed nowhere fast. He'd believed he was prepared for any disaster, until the EMP took everything he'd ever cared about in a matter of seconds.

Two hundred frozen, perilous miles stand between them and their destination in rural Michigan. But the killing cold isn't the only threat, for Hannah's captor isn't about to let her go...

i guess the kings had enough cold weather i wonder if their kids still live up there. well not little kids anymore probably have their kids now. he probably kept his maine house and goes up there here and there i dont know i saw it was like 38 for on the weather channel at like 2 am my time

hi joho i have so much too do i just saw pieces of the brownies and chiefs yay for the brownies and again jim said bad calls on chiefs and i saw that bad call on local news awhile ago still chiefs need to do something i still say should of paid tyreek hill the money jim said gave it to chris johnes and well how is that working out clark andy congrats on brownies

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/30055D5BF551?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27767 on: December 11, 2023, 12:46:24 PM »

6:56  33 degrees at 1:43. Cloudy but dry.
Not much to offer this day.  Spent lots of time trying to get Alcatel phone to work right.  The last two days when I started it up it was all gibberish.  Some said it was mirror images.  CC said I need to find settings and undo inversion setting. I just kept turning on off until it fixed itself.  It was the only way to get it working. Took hours. Then I bought a Motorola Razor from them. $437.71 and two weeks to get it. The lady that sold it to me is moving from Phoenix to Lima, Ohio to be near her college bound son next year.  She yearns for variety in the weather.  We sure have that here in Ohio.  I hope she likes extremes.
 Also spent a lot of time signing up for Meijer Perks, but never got done.  Yesterday I went to Meijers for Hellman's Mayo.  They said get a good deal at 2.99 for 30 oz. jar.  I got two jars, but they were 3.99 each, because I did not have "perks".  Also when I got home I found a jar in the pantry.  Now I have three jars that I paid too much for. DARN!
Today I spent two hours trying to get registered at Meijer's for perks.  Found out their computers are fowled up.  They will call back.
OK now lunch time here. Also forgot to take my medicine this morning.  Yikes! So I will say CUL EV1. GBU, Israel, and GB Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27768 on: December 11, 2023, 06:21:27 PM »

Santa ...  31:48     71°  (4:22 pm)  Heavily overcast w/ no wind.  It's a beautiful day.  Instead of yesterday, Michelle is putting up the tree this afternoon.  We have Christmas music on the Alexa and hot cocoa in our mugs.

I hope that all is well with all of you.

Cal    Your book sounds interesting.    I hear that King's son and wife also write books.  I just bought Liz Cheney's book and haven't started it yet, but will soon. 

Joho     I have a Motorola Stylus, but am not good at using it.  I hear it is a decent phone.  I only have it turned on when I go out somewhere.  I am amazed at what everyone can do with their phones, It like carrying a computer around with you, and I guess it is exactly that. 

(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #27769 on: December 12, 2023, 06:18:30 AM »

hi you guys im sorry i had more stuff to do now got to go pick up groceries trt to be back later
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27770 on: December 12, 2023, 10:04:27 AM »

hi ev1.  I went to drugmart yesterday, and found that Hellman's was $7.99. So I guess $3.99 was not a bad deal after all.  Still $2.99 is what the paper, and the shelf said, but "with perks".  I will again try to sign up for Perks today.  I would have saved $10 on just the two jars of mayo.  I am getting to like Meijers a lot. It takes about 26 minutes to drive there, but it is well worth it.
My Motorola Razor is on the way.  I will let you all know how it works when I can.  I left my flipper on over night to avoid the inversion on start up that has plagued me for two days.  It worked. Got a nice text from my niece in Saratoga, NY. She and her son bid on and bought an antique sulky at the museum of harness racing.  They live near to the track, and while walking home with the sulky someone stopped them and bought it from them. I will try to send pics.
Now I need to go get gas at Sam's Club.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27771 on: December 12, 2023, 04:48:19 PM »

78° (3:18 pm)  Sunny w/ a few clouds and a light breeze.

Hi Cal    That's okay, we do know that each day is very full for you.  I think, no ... I know that I would have a very hard time keeping up with you.

Hi Joho    Good luck with all your shopping.  I know how important that is.
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27772 on: December 13, 2023, 05:01:39 AM »

hi you guys its 33 here 46 in ice 33 in kviv and 50 in the barn

hi neva i have a sick cat got a nasty cold got her on antibiotics and subq ivs she is needing lots of care and i have all my others and chores pretty overwhelming for me she is better this morning i still have some christmas stuff to get and i sure am happy i did not have to shop for ca or cindy and niece jeanne told him i was not coming down there. going to jeannes if no one is sick that is. at night i am so tired i lay down and asleep but my cat she sleeps too so that helps my mind cause i got to sleep may not need 8 hours but need some. i just hear news now on the radio out in the barn heard biden is going to add some border stuff so that bill could help i think he should do that for sure. 

hi joho i had googled that place i thought you said your bike is at i thought it was a small little place but web shows a pretty big operation. big enough to return someones property back to them.  i heard patrick and coach reid in trouble with NFL for saying something about once again bad call.   its like they are out to get the chiefs. i wonder if they should even go to new england sunday and play or just say okay we give up. that is out of character for either one of them to speak up.

i gotta go gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/EA055D5275AC?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #27773 on: December 13, 2023, 06:59:54 AM »

joho i forgot to tell you when jim came home yesterday he showed me a picture top of someones head round surgical  opening i said  wow what who is that his dad had another skin cancer removed yesterday at ku they got all of this one too. he has had lots removed. he did good.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #27774 on: December 13, 2023, 01:43:36 PM »

Singing Penguins ...  23:58     68°  (12:33 am)  Supposed to reach 70° today.  Sunny and no wind.  I wonder what next summer will be like if we are having these kinds of temperatures now?

Cal    I thought it might be something like that, and am glad to hear that she is a bit better today.  Grab as much of that 8 hours as you can... 'gotta take care of you too.   It is time that Biden realized you have to give some to get some.  The border mess won't fix itself.

Hi Joho     
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27775 on: December 14, 2023, 05:31:59 AM »

hi you guys its 27 here 34 in ice 32 in kviv and 50 in the barn i was like why is this print so small here oh better put my readers on okay better

hi neva she is about the same maybe a little better i dont know yet she is eating got a drink it is up to almost 50 in the afternoon penny was digging hope her allergies do not come back. when will winter get here i know neva soon it will be like summer all the time how sad is that for everything if i was young again and could get around good again move to the yukon yellow knife NWT Yellowknife is the capital, largest community, and only city in the Northwest Territories, Canada. It is on the northern shore of Great Slave Lake, where they filmed ice pilots it maybe in wy  i hate to think of summer again for you and for them poor mules in queen valley jim let indy out yesterday it was chilly 42 not barn 50 he bucked and ran and ran his girlfriend was out and his buddies straight back out so nice having that new fence put up for him last year he cant go all the way straight back and get them two horses and that red bull wound up. then we had to get gator and drive all the way back there and get him. love the new fence alot.  and he has been so good too jim gets him at 2:30 let him out at 12:30 and indy know big treat time is around 2:30 3 pm gets combed out our time till around 4:15pm so he is ready to come back in. if jim has a problem he comes in and i go out and first i yell for him see if jim can get him then and usually he can if not in the gator i go drive into the pasture and indy comes running.  yes biden needs to work with others too and not asking for much fix that border mess cause lots of people are sick of it and sick of israel and telling them cilivians move there we are bombing then bomb them that is bs in my book. and will the war in ukraine ever be over no one taking putin out and all the money and lives

hi joho i saw patrick saying he is sorry for what he said he was pretty mad i saw on the news when that happen but he is sorry says he is suppose to set an example for kids but those officials need to do better too i think see many other games  not the chiefs where that has happen and no call on them.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/76055D594C56?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27776 on: December 14, 2023, 08:02:24 AM »

5:54 singing penguins. I will try to do the other after while.  Been having lots of trouble with phone.  Got my new Razor.  First line in book says charge up phone with enclosed charger.  There is no charger.  Just a cord. CC says yes that is correct.  No charger.  Go to Walmart or Target and get a "C" charger. OK I did get one for $10, but lost another day.  I have lost my enthusiasm for the new phone. 
Only 29 degrees here this morning. Got to go get eyes checked this afternoon. Never filled my prescription from last year.  Have no faith in eyeglass people since Erin moved away.  She was the only one, of many, who would get them right for me.  She even made upside down trifocals for Joan so she could watch QVC while lying on her back in the hospital.  Now I don't know where Erin is, or I would go there.
I need to get some little potatoes to make a slow cooked roast to share with Karen this evening.  I have carrots, celery, beef broth, onions, and my brand new Crockpot, but no potatoes.  Also, I forgot how long to cook it on "high".  I think 6 hours will do it.
Well CUL EV1.  GBU, Israel, and Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #27777 on: December 15, 2023, 05:21:02 AM »

Taylor Swift Brasil
It’s like your eyes are liquor, it’s like your body is gold
You’ve been calling my bluff on all my usual tricks
So here’s the truth from my red lips
I wanna be your end game… ❤️

calhound

« Reply #27778 on: December 15, 2023, 05:26:20 AM »

hi you guys    its 38 here 40 in ice 31 in kviv 50 in the barn my cat is still pretty sick so i am mia please god help us

joho i saw your text last night i was pretty tired and worn out i do not know where her number is not in my phone

kitchen coyotes going at it got to go

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/04055D54F50C?z=0

calhound

« Reply #27779 on: December 16, 2023, 05:30:07 AM »

Fur, Feathers, and Affection - UPDATE December 15, 2023

Red Fox
Foxes are known for their long guard hairs that our red fox seemed to be showing off as he posed for this picture. Then a hairy woodpecker that is named for its hairy white feathers, especially on the back, did the same. Hairy Woodpecker female
Hairy woodpecker female
Now in this time where there are no black bears around to stir one’s curiosity about their minds, black ravens are filling in. This pair that is probably mated for life showed mutual affection as they caressed and preened each other with their bills, often closing their nictitating membranes to protect their eyes as this male is doing as he also fully raises his eyebrow feathers. Raven Pair
Raven pair
These birds that are sometimes thought of as symbols of death for their scavenging habits are to others symbols of loyalty, dedication, and love. Out the widow here, ravens are the most expressive in showing their desire to sit by their mates and touch bills together. Males also show dedication by bringing food to their lifelong mates who are incubating the pair’s eggs in the cold weather that goes with early nesting.

Wolf
Wolf

Fisher
Fisher

On another topic, a red crossbill showed up here for the first sighting I’ve had since May 3, 1999. Red Crossbill male
Red crossbill male
Across the lake, a wolf and a fisher put in brief appearances along the shore, but the biggest excitement is when the red fox comes by to eat some food and bury more for another time, demonstrating trust and expectations from his experience.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Cente