Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1120633 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27750 on: December 06, 2023, 02:11:22 PM »

Thanks Neva,  That cake looks just wonderful.  You are so talented.

calihoula

« Reply #27751 on: December 06, 2023, 05:09:06 PM »

:)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #27752 on: December 06, 2023, 06:10:49 PM »

Flower Boat ...  24:21       80°  (5:05 pm)   Sunny going down soon, w/ no wind.

Cal     There are quite a few in Congress, mostly the house, I think, that would love to cut the Ukraine off.

Joho     I didn't make that cake, but I sure wish I had.  I'd love to make it for all of us.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27753 on: December 07, 2023, 05:07:30 AM »

hi you guys its 44 here 38 in ice 21 in kviv and 50 in the barn. windy out calling for big winds and rains friday saturaday maybe sunday sad face here.

hi neva i heard on news ...Rep. Kevin McCarthy announces he's leaving Congress  and that is too bad cause ...McCarthy told Zelensky that he supports Ukraine and asked what could be done to assure skeptical Republicans that the war is winnable.  so i hope the eu and other countries will support ukraine too bad putin did not go into nato land and then if he did hope nato would really do something. to let putin win  :(

hi joho saw on the weather channel big winds and stuff around the great lakes friday

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/CD055D59D2AB?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27754 on: December 07, 2023, 06:52:04 AM »

9:03 38 at7:43.  Cloudy Looks wintery out.  I have on my warmest brand new birthday shirt, and Debbie says it looks good on me.
Took Debbie around to five very impressive yard light displays last night.  Then she took me to see  a home near hers where a twelve year old boy has synced his lighting display to blink and pulse in tune with music playing on station 98.6. It was very impressive. She was highly impressed with the boy's ability. 
We did have Mexican at Taco Bell, and it was very satisfying.  I was so glad she liked it, because I like it too. Thanks Miss "M..." for teaching me how to appreciate Taco Bell.  I will never forget it.
I know Neva you did not make this cake, and that is OK.  I am still impressed with how talented you are.  I mean for being able to find and post this image.  I am not talented in this area.  So I am impressed by those who are. You and Cal are two very talented ladies.
Well coffee getting cold.  Cereal and paper waiting.  So here I go getting started. Bye EV1. GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27755 on: December 07, 2023, 06:23:25 PM »

Scooter Italy ...  27:55     76°  (4:58 pm)   Sun low in the sky, it was a good day; no wind and quite pleasant.
      I've always wanted one of those Italian Vespa Scooters.  Checked it out once online, with everything, they can be rather
 pricey.  I read a book once about a man that went around the world on one.  I loved that book.  What an adventure!

Cal    It did sound to me that McCarthy is less trouble than the new guy.  For two seconds after the Capitol riot, McCarthy was able to recognize and speak truth.  Too bad he was afraid of continuing to do so.  I just bought Liz Cheney's book and looking forward to getting into it.

Joho    Thank you.    Before Christmas has passed, we will go out on one or two evenings and look at the Christmas decorations in the neighborhoods near by, and our own too.  My daughter, Michelle is the one that really enjoys decorating for every holiday.  I think tonight she will do the tree.  This year is a new one that is smaller and will set on a lovely table that she bought for it.
   (Tree --  four and a half feet tall)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 06:27:18 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27756 on: December 08, 2023, 05:34:07 AM »

hi you guys its 51 here 29 in ice 28 in kviv and 55 in the barn.

7 Dec 2023
Republican senators in the United States have blocked $106bn in new funding for Ukraine and Israel, rejecting appeals from President Joe Biden amid anger over the exclusion of immigration reforms they had demanded as part of the package.

Biden had earlier warned of dire consequences for Kyiv – and a “gift” to Russia’s Vladimir Putin – if Congress failed to pass the measure, which includes about $61bn to help Ukraine keep up pressure on Russia during the freezing winter months, as well as help for Israel and Gaza.

“They’re willing to literally kneecap Ukraine on the battlefield and damage our national security in the process,” Biden said.

The entire 49-strong Republican minority in the upper chamber voted against the proposal, pointing to a lack of government action on the estimated 10,000 migrants crossing from Mexico into the US every day.

“Everyone has been very, very clear on this to say we’re standing firm. Now is the moment,” Senator James Lankford, a lead Republican negotiator on immigration and border issues, told Fox Business ahead of the vote.

“We’re completely out of control at the southern border, and it’s time to resolve this.”

Citing aid for Israel, independent senator Bernie Sanders also voted against the bill, which needed 60 votes to pass.

The Kremlin celebrated the gridlock in Congress, saying it hoped lawmakers would keep shutting down the White House’s aid request.

hi neva your new tree sounds very nice and good height too. i have one that is maybe 6 inches tall dogs leave it alone but i have not set it out for a long time everything is hard now and takes time did not even put my moms wreath on the front door first for that i keep it in the closet in the foyer just take it out of box hang it over front door right close but jim bought a extra wide twin mattress when drama had his surgery on front leg Boo laid on it and jim had another one he laid on with him so boos mattress is up against the door to my wreath i just leave there mom would understand that. rep want border stuff done to give ukraine help everyone should come in this country legally. if putin wins this cause we dont help anymore then next he will go after a nato country and we will have to respond and that means sending our troops on the ground.   :( hasnt putin killed enough i heard he already made it where he can run for president for like 12 more years like he would not win that. and trump saying when he is president he will get even with alot of people that wrong him wth

hi joho so nice you and debbie got to see the lights! i thought you said joan liked taco bell. i cant believe you never went there on your own. what is going on with your motor bike from that place its been two weeks.  what color is newest warmest shirt?

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E7055D5BAADF?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27757 on: December 08, 2023, 08:41:05 AM »

6:25  Last I heard on bike is, "we will bring it over someday after Thanksgiving".  Well it is after that now.  More than a week.  Plus the weather has been bice.  So I just don't know what is up, but I do not send people here any more.  I did for the first two years, but not any more.  Pfann's CPR complete restoration. NOT!  I sold my trailer and my truck, and bought a little Kia Sportage.  So I don't have a way to haul it home.  I wish I did.  It is about 10 miles away.  So it is too far to just push it home. LOL
My warmest shirt from my friend, Karen, is a handsome dark brown small plaid design.  It is very thick, but not quilted, and has snaps instead of buttons. I can wear it without a jacket. The other shirts from my loving offspring are more colorful and dressy, but lighter weight.  I need to wear a jacket over them when outdoors.
You are right Cal.  Joan did prefer Taco Bell Crunch Wrap and Cheesy potatoes.  She once made me stop at Taco Bell on our way to Arby's which was just across the street. LOL
Now I will leave you all so I can sign up for PBS Passport.  They sent me an email that says I am eligible for Passport where I can watch Poldark and many other past performances on my computer.  I want to do this, but so far I have not been successful signing up.  I think I need to sign into Google first.  I have an old Gmail account, but am not a Google member.
Well anyway Ineed to go now.  So CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine. God help those in power to understand that just because Trump said we need to be a self centered selfish nation does not make it the eternal truth.  Help Ukraine!!!!!!!

neva

« Reply #27758 on: December 08, 2023, 02:10:42 PM »

Piste Bully ...  28:24    67°  (12:22 pm)    Sunny w/ no wind

I hope you all are doing well.   

Cal    I really think that we do need to straighten out this mess at the border and people should only be able to come into this country through a controlled and legal process.  We cannot continue to absorb the world.  Biden needs to work with Congress to get this done for all our sakes.  If he would be willing to work on that, maybe he can get the help he wants for the Ukraine and Israel.  Trump is a mental case and I cannot understand the people that back him.

Joho      As for the guys who have your motorcycle, you can complain to the Better Business Bureau and/or the Attorney General of the State of Ohio.  I have done this and it does work.  If they are not fixing it, then what excuse do they have for holding on to it?   
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27759 on: December 09, 2023, 05:04:58 AM »

FOX4 News Kansas City
  ·
The former president, who has long expressed regard for authoritarian leaders and the power they wield, is now vowing vengeance and retribution as he outlines a second-term agenda

calhound

« Reply #27760 on: December 09, 2023, 05:20:03 AM »

hi you guys its 43 here rainy 30 in ice 28 in kviv 50 in the barn if only trump would vow those things on like Putin for one

Hi joho i know in the city maybe around here too you can rent that stuff maybe someone could help you with that rent it for a few hours and go get your bike at least show them your taking it back home. dont just give it to them. too bad jim does not live by you cause you would have that bike back and it would be fixed too. that place would remember what happens doing customers like that. hope you got your pbs deal

hi neva yes biden needs to work with congress stop all this border mess and congress needs to keep their word and help ukraine i believe that is fair if biden does not change some stuff himself guess who we will have again. biden says he is running to keep that from happening but its not working i dont think.yes look at the crazy eyes! yes joho needs to take steps getting his bike back you are so right they cant fix it what right do they have to keep it NONE. none joho none you will spend hours getting that pass to pbs other stuff but not getting your bike back better business or even better like neva has said attorney general  that is their job

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/9D055D5BF940?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27761 on: December 09, 2023, 08:33:06 AM »

5:32 Good Sat. morning EV1. Very nice out today. 52 degrees at 9:18 Cloudy, but dry and calm i think. Have not been out yet.
You guys, I am not too worried about my bike. So I don't want you to worry either.  As long as it is not on the road I am safer.  I might be too old to be running around at high speed on two wheels, and with nothing around me but a helmet for protection. No seat belt. Nothing. Just think, my head will be well protected so I can fully experience all the other damage to my body parts.
 So I will be patient a little longer. 
Pfann's are their own worst enemy.  I am not the only customer they do not serve correctly.  I am a little concerned about what condition my bike may be in after so long in the shop. Who knows what parts they have taken off, and possibly lost.  At least One person, Neil, has worked on it.  He is no longer there, and they have not given me a way to reach him. Bad blood I think.
So you guys don't worry. OK?
I do need some prayers though.  I have curable skin cancer on my forehead.  I have only told two people about it, Debbie and Karen.  I will go for Mohs surgery to completely remove all cancerous cells on Jan 19th. at the Cleveland Clinic Main Campus.  Debbie says I may have a significant hole in my head when the are done. She assisted in this type of surgery as a nurse, and knows.  I hope my little brain does not slip out. LOL
Now I will get some morning stuff going.  It is late here.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.
What ever happened to, "Give me your tired, your poor....".  Who says this is no longer us? Trump does.  We need to do something now.

calihoula

« Reply #27762 on: December 09, 2023, 10:08:03 AM »

hi joho you should get that bike back  i gave up riding a horse hardest thing ive ever done my body too broke down but not giving indy away. you could donate your bike to a charity or some kid who would love it fix it ride it church who could raffle it off animal shelter something jims dad had lots of skin cancer removed over time lots his face alot but he came thru each time. just had one last year i think. give us your tired poor long ago and still must do it legally period
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #27763 on: December 09, 2023, 01:14:49 PM »

Updates
Donations
Publications, Etc.
Back to Daily Updates
Excitement of the Day - UPDATE December 8, 2023

Red Fox

Without bears, the red fox wins the Excitement of the Day award for this nice mild day with temperatures above freezing. In second place, this unusual crow with scattered white feathers is getting more and more accustomed to seeing people through the window, but it doesn’t have the personality of the fox with its eyes and growing trust. The last couple days it was good to see the first goldfinches of the fall, including this male almost in winter plumage with only a few black feathers remaining from its black cap of summer.

goldfinch
Tonight is a different kind of excitement. It’s the annual Bear Center Christmas dinner out. Looking forward to it.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #27764 on: December 10, 2023, 05:22:31 AM »

hi you guys its 27 clear 37 in ice 28 in kviv 50 in the barn. my cousin janice friend helen who took her little dog sassy came back to visit her they stayed five days they left yesterday she sent a video of them leaving so sad janice missing them helen and sassy went back to florida  so many living in florida. i read stephen king and his wife live there now not in bangor maine anymore.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/36055D594EF4?z=0