Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1121448 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27675 on: November 18, 2023, 02:27:01 PM »

OMG! Scott looks like a Bill Clinton doppelganger.  I will be part of the viewing public . Thanks for sharing.  Went to Amish cobbler shop.  Not home.  Wife tried hard to find my belt.  Said come back.  She will hopefully find it with husband and set it aside where we can find it on my return. I told her about visiting Caleb and Emma Shetler, and how they encouraged me to visit their daughter Maddy in New York. This woman then says that Maddy married this woman's brother in law who lives in New york. Yikes small world.  Especially small for the Amish.
CUL EV1 College football now on stage here.

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27676 on: November 19, 2023, 05:00:57 AM »

hi you guys its 40 here 28 in ice 30 in kviv and 50 in the barn. hard rain tomorrow all day and i got to drive to the city. hate driving in the rain. getting that guide put in for my replaced implant and i think go back next month for that implant but i will tell them i really want the implant but if it is snowing hard and sleet and ice news saying stay home i will be staying home.

hi joho kstate wildcats beat ku jayhawks 31 to 27 i did not watch the game saw pieces in and out jim for hawks me for cats he did not watch it either on his tv in and out. saw that your buckeyes clobbered mn golphers 3-37 bucks now 11-0 yay! i hope that place that has your motorbike does not try to charge you for storage you need to tell it like you did here they kept saying they would fix it and did not finally returning it back to you someday i hope soon you have stated that here so that maybe use that at some point if they still do not return it. small claims court. no reviews are not to be trusted using own judgement might be the best. maybe someone you know that lives close to you can fix it or help go get it.  hansel is no longer available at the shelter!   :) he is sleeping at his new forever home.

Hi Neva!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/38055D53A9C5?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27677 on: November 19, 2023, 06:32:55 AM »

6:11 Debbie will be here in a while to take me with her to Berea animal rescue.  We will pick up a kennel dog and take it for a pack walk in Valley City Millstream park.  I hope I can keep up with them.  It is only 35 degrees out now, but it is dry.  I will wear my long johns which I already have on.  Turned heat down to 65 in the house when I got up, because I am dressed for outdoors.
I need to go finish dressing.  So I will say CUL EV1. GBU, Israel,and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27678 on: November 19, 2023, 01:48:45 PM »

hi joho hope you guys walk went good and was fun for all. cathy text me picture of hansel at home sitting on tims lap in recliner. i called her she said his sister was there too her name cher and i think a brother people came to get cher same time and wanted to trade with hansel tim said no i said well i hope they will love cher why would you do that love the one you picked geez cath said hansel kept them up all night crying missing his family they slept with him but he was sad so made me sad he is better today all the dogs i got alot too never had that problem got dogs left their family and never looked back so it was strange to me hansel did that. i understand it so im happy all mine never did that mine howl and cry when i leave. drove fours hours one way to get wiggie first full blooded english mastiff drove old smokey but he was not old back then had fun mom polly with me lady at that big boy farm so happy i came wiggie already four months old weighed 65 lbs and he did not like men minute he saw me he loved me she charged me nothing for him i had a time lifting him up into smokie i miss that day getting the boys at three days old had playpen bottles washer going all the time scootie pie augie doggie grizzie miss those days too oh miss all them days. i could really hurt anyone who would abuse a dog
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #27679 on: November 19, 2023, 02:30:12 PM »

Lemon Pink ...  24:08
  Ice Hockey ...  21:43       67°  (12:35  pm)    Sunny w/ clouds, and a slight breeze.

Cal    I hope you get to have your implant sooner rather than later, and I can sure understand you not wanting to drive in snow.  I hope that works out.    Friday and Saturday we actually got  rainstorms that lasted about a half hour, each day ... just normal rain. not a five sprinkles pretend storm.  I was shocked.  I wanted to go out and stand in it, which I would have done when I was younger.       You have wonderful memories of your boys.  I know how you miss them.  I think we are on the same page, I would have no trouble hurting someone who was abusing a dog ... or other animal.

Joho     i noticed that they do this at our Humane Society -  they have volunteers that come in and take the dogs for walks.  That is really a thoughtful, kind thing to do.  I imagine it makes a big difference to these dogs. 

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

neva

« Reply #27680 on: November 19, 2023, 04:03:06 PM »

How's this for Glamping?

(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27681 on: November 20, 2023, 05:13:36 AM »

hi you guys its 39 here heavy rain 38 in iceland and 34 in kviv 50 in the barn i saw on the news iceland told town people to leave cause of huge volcano may erupt and saw rosalynn carter passed away she just went into home hospice i saw she was 96.  biden is 81 today.

hi neva! so funny go camping wow that thing indy could go too wonder what kind of gas mileage it gets and who want to drive that!! not me for sure i would be afraid of it tipping over too omg wow  yes i would hurt anyone picking on any animal dogs it seems will take alot of abuse cause they are dogs just wanting to be love and love. but maybe some dogs say enough is enough .   i would hope anyone abusing big animals that animal would rebel and kill them knock them to the ground and goodbye. cats see you later. i will have to drive in this rain in alittle while get that guide put in. maybe next month finally get that implant  i have another tooth that needs to come out and an implant put in. hoping dr foster can do that in one visit new one not an injury if he cant do it this year i will check with dr platt and see if he can need it done this year so i can use up rest of my insurance on it. it starts over jan 1st.  good you got some rain when i opened the barn door Maybe was not there but my little possum she went and climbed up on the hay i fed her twinkies and cookies she was soaking wet so she must just came in 3 dry big raccoonies must of spent the night in the barn i heard the coyotees again close too i felt bad for them this morning in this rain.  got some water in the barn i put down pellets will have to do that again when i get back from the city.

hi joho chiefs on monday night football hope you did okay yesterday with the dogs

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/B6055D4BCE1C?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27682 on: November 20, 2023, 06:19:02 AM »

7:09 Gotta go now for blood draw and breakfast.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.
  I will text pics of Vivian later.  She is a character.

johoward

« Reply #27683 on: November 20, 2023, 08:50:56 AM »

Hi again EV1.  Finally home from blood draw.  Google said they open at 7:30.  I got there at 7:31.  There was no place to sit. I had to wait out in the hall.  Where BTW they had set up several chairs. They really opened at 6:30.
I got done though.

Then went to Taco Bell to try Pete's breakfast Taco.  It was ok.

I sent you and Neva pics of Vivian from Debbie's pack walk.  Neva's went to someone in AZ named Nik instead of to Neva.

Debbie and I are planning to go to a Bear Study Course next summer.  She will call Judy Thon soon to pic some dates.  It is hard to schedule this time due to Mary's expecting a child in June, and Debbie's trip to Galveston in July.
I will say so long for now, and get a second cup of coffee.
Bye Poof!

neva

« Reply #27684 on: November 20, 2023, 03:33:30 PM »

Putting Green ...  24:06      63°  (1:10 pm)    Sunny w/ a breeze.    It was cold last night - 40s.  That's cold for us.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Cal    I can't imagine that thing being driven anywhere, for so many reasons, including gas mileage.  It seems to be more of a joke then anything that is practical or useable.        I hope everything works out getting the implants done before next insurance period.

Joho     I didn't know that Taco Bell was on your end of the country.  I have two granddaughters that when they were little, they thought Taco Bell was a 5-star restaurant.  It was a very big deal when we would take them there for lunch.   Thank you for trying to send me the picture of Vivian.  I'm sorry it went elsewhere... don't know Nik.   That is great that you and Debbie will get to do the Bear Course together.   
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 03:35:25 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27685 on: November 21, 2023, 05:30:27 AM »

hi you guys its 41 here and its 41 in ice and 31 in kviv and 50 in the barn

hi joho i did get your two pics of you and vivian and she is just as cute as can be and looks like she likes you pretty good. you dress like me flannel shirt i think i even have one just like yours. took me awhile at the dentist took her an hour to make my guide mouth piece for when i get my implant next month on the 7th. she had this big wand deal and digitally going over every thing in my mouth it was gaggie and hurt at times new thing they do now with implants not just put it in cost of one of these 500.00 bucks i never had any trouble with just putting one in before. finally get back home have everyone to feed etc and rain started up again and the barn was flooded so had to work on that just was so far behind and so tired. i did not watch the game just first part i saw real early yesterday morning like at 4 am already huge line at arrowhead gates waiting to get in tailgate heard on the radio so people doing that traffic backup real problem they go ahead and open the gates. tickets over a thousand bucks so i feel really bad for all them fans saying weather was bad well it was but it was bad for the eagles too and all them fans. chiefs need to practice in bad weather and not wait till last minute to try to score maybe. lose at home monday night football i am pretty sure the boss clark hunt not happy. good they made a deal you patrick too get more money when you win.  poor fans.  buyer beware.  very nice of you joho to spend time with vivian i like that alot.

hi neva i love taco bell and i think its a 5 star restaurant  love their spicy tosados but i am usually out very early and they are serving lunch yet i get my replace implant on the 7th and at the same time dr foster is removing my bad chip bottom tooth and he said it needed a bone graft cause of the way my chin and jaw sits i saw it on the xray caves in there so would not hold an implant very well so he will add bone and let that heal i hear that alot when i go back to get ready for dr platt to put together my new tooth finally dr foster at the same time will have my guide made that guide again and then back to get that implant then wait few months then to dr platte and get that new tooth but it will next year so insurance starts over i will use that right up and probably have additional cost. i only had 250.00 left on this year but it will help with stuff i am getting done this year. 1850.00 for a whole year does not go far esp on implants and crowns jim already used his up awhile back and had to pay more. but got to have our teeth. we do not want dentures at all we know so many who got them and could not wear them gagged them all the time love implants like having real tooth. i saw on the weather channel it got that cold for you!

Happy I  believe would of been your 20th BD Maddie Rose!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/29055D5C7022?z=0

calhound

« Reply #27686 on: November 21, 2023, 05:50:19 AM »

joho jim said before he left for work chiefs need to get a couple of receivers ones that can catch the ball they have known this for months he would rather we lose to eagles now than at playoffs.

calihoula

« Reply #27687 on: November 21, 2023, 07:35:35 AM »

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27688 on: November 21, 2023, 11:00:27 AM »

5:21 I love beagles. Had three.  Miss them all.  Especially Duke. Our first family dog.  Got him as a puppy.  He was a wonderful dog.  Gave all our neighborhood children lots of good memories. I still hear about how the kids used to just sit around with Duke when he was out in the yard.  Which was most of the time.  He loved company, especially kids, and he loved to chase rabbits.  On occasion he would catch one.  He would bring it to me uninjured, and we would release it back to the woodpile or weeds.  Whichever was closest. He was just a wonderful gentle dog.  I remember late in his life he became hard of hearing and slow to wake and walk.  A gasman came into our split level house and down stairs to read the meter.  Duke smelled him an walked across the living room to the top of the downstairs just as the man started up them.  Duke woofed mightily right in his face at eye level, and the man quickly retreated into the laundry room.  It was funny to watch.  Not so funny for the man who did not know Duke. I loved that dog a lot. I took off my T-shirt and wrapped him in it at the end.  Then I sat down by him crying and toasting him with Seagrams Seven Crown whiskey.  I was late going back to work I recall, and I was mean to people the rest of the day. Kind of tearing up right now at this final memory. 
Well today I have been telling everyone that "I love a rainy night", but I see it is making me melodramatic. 
So I will change the subject.  Debbie and I are confirmed to go to Ely for the Bear Course on July 15, 2024. She called Judy Thon yesterday and made all the plans.  All I had to do was register. We are both excited to go.  We will fly to Duluth and rent a car on the 14th.  We will overnight twice at The Grand Ely Lodge on the 14th and the 18th.  We will go to the Bear Center in Ely on the 15th and again on the 18th. Maybe the chat mod will take our picture on the deck and on the BTS tour.  I will try to get Iowa and Pooch to grab a pic like they did for me last July.  I will tell the chatters our schedule.
Now I will say so long for a while before I get kicked out.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27689 on: November 21, 2023, 11:14:28 AM »

i came in from the barn message on my phone dr fosters office he wants to change my appt still in dec but not the 7th please call well shoot i called penny started her get off the phone mom howling shut up penny told tara dr foster sorry my dog doesnt like me using the phone she could hear penny was laughing i went in laundry room cats in there please pet me no me no me what tara he wants me to heal little more  >:( she said how about the 20th at 1:30 pm NO that is way too late in the day take me hour or so get there and come back no too late big treat time for indy at 3 or little before no cats telling me they need can fud she says okay how about the 18th at 11:00am okay but 11:00 is the latest i would ever come. i said he is not going to change this again is he  no just wanted more time to heal when she first told me the 7th i thought oh boy! but foster caught it now cat are telling me excuse me i need to use my litter box oh no and yes it will be number two tara telling me dr foster will be leaving on dec 21 for holidays so i guess no changing it again ty goodbye got to order groceries now pick up in the morning then go other way to bank get gas