Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1121438 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27660 on: November 15, 2023, 09:20:41 AM »

6:35  I have to call the doctor this morning.  I know I have an appointment coming up, but cant find the reminder.  Plus my elbow has something wrong.  It has hurt for months when I rest in on any surface, and now feels like a lump of sorts is in there. Just noticed the lump last night while watching TV.  I better jump off and make the call now before I forget.
I am looking forward to Karen's apple pie.  I hope tonight is the night.
So as Iowa says, "POOF". 
 CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27661 on: November 15, 2023, 02:23:30 PM »

Canada Goslings ...  36:35      82°  (1:02 pm)  Mostly sunny.  No wind, yet.

I hope your day is going well.

Cal     I wouldn't be happy living in a place where you had to take Ferry's anywhere, and could never go on a Cruise.  I think I would stay in Denmark.  I have heard that  they use the heat from those volcanos to heat their homes and buildings, so they are very used to living with those volcanos.

Joho      I hope there's nothing serious going on with your elbow.  It's good you're having it checked out.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27662 on: November 16, 2023, 05:02:10 AM »

hi you guys its 46 here 39 in ice and kviv 52 in the barn.

hi neva i would not want to ferry either and never a cruise. i guess if you lived there all your life volcano be part of your life i guess. denmark seems like a nice place to live i have seen house hunters international and more than once looking in denmark.jims sister called me her and tim had to put their little dog petey down awhile back know how that feels but they went to branson and tim said look human society and they adopted a new dog get him sat they are so excited his name is hansel a german shepherd mix i think or all shepherd she said i could go online branson human society go to adopt go thru a bunch of cats and see him.  i will try to do but they will get him sat and come back send me pics they are leaving friday spend the night he had stomach problems on antibiotics and they cant get him till sat. petey was little dog so i was surprised they got a big dog.  i guess he is a big dog. anyway im happy for all three of them. help their hearts.

hi joho hope your elbow is okay. hope you got that pie last night we are trading in the new ranger on a new full size ford pick up its really nice doing all that tomorrow morning down in the city so i am not liking that monday back to city to get that guide deal put where my implant will go hoping to get that implant next month finally been a year and half. and give dr foster that deal from dentist on a new implant

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/3A055D562AC9?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #27663 on: November 16, 2023, 06:15:27 AM »

i just found cathy n tims new kid he is a shepherd terrier mix only 19lbs year half old sad to see others there but happy for hansel he will have a great home good he is the same size petey was.

I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27664 on: November 16, 2023, 06:55:01 AM »

6:22 No pie yet. Dr. office was closed yesterday.  I do not contact him often enough to keep up with his routine. I will call today.  I just hope I have not missed the window to get my blood test before my next appointment which I feel is very close or passed.  I just holed up and watched TV all day yesterday except for one $36 dollar trip to Drugmart for groceries.  I did get the mail on the way to the store.
I will try to see Hansel too by scrolling past cats.
GTG Coffee getting cold.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27665 on: November 16, 2023, 08:09:33 AM »

hi joho getting ready to go to town yes go to bransonhumanesociety.com look below see like donote volunteer adopt hit adopt yes scoll thru cats find hansel he just had a bath hit that picture it will bring up another one of him all dry and being carried i did not hit that cookie deal on first page i just ignored it cul
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 08:12:37 AM by calihoula »
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27666 on: November 16, 2023, 09:06:34 PM »

I did see Hansel. He was being hugged and dried.  Very nice looking pup.
I also just finished eating a nice big slice of pie with ice cream too.  My dish came home this evening with a good pie in it.  The pie is now half gone, and I won at rummy 525 to 360.
I did call the doctor and told the girl about my sore elbow.  She said I was supposed to be there on Nov. 10th.  Now I have to wait until 1:30 on Dec.1st. This is the first time I lost the reminder card, and also the first time they have not called me to remind me.  So it is good my arm hurts or I would never have called them. I don't know if they would have ever called me. This is what I get for being nice and stopping in now and then with two bags of Jennie's Cheddar Popcorn.  The extra bag is for the upstairs girls. The downstairs girls don't share I guess.
GN GBU EV1

calhound

« Reply #27667 on: November 17, 2023, 04:54:29 AM »

hi you guys its 46 here 42 in ice 36 in kviv and 56 in the barn

hi joho! tim and cathy leaving this morning to drive down to branson and spend the night humane place opens at ten i think she said they will be there get their new kid head back home. nice you got your pie and icecream i think your dr office should of text you tell you upcoming appt my dentist does well dec 1 not far off i also put stuff on my calendar although i really dont look at that much anymore. we got to pick up the new truck first take ranger over to carmax get that check for it they offered 2 grand more than trade in and paul said take it over there see what they offer jim told him he said that is what we would put it on the lot for to sell take the money and run i feel bad for the ranger now but full size truck is better and our old one needs more work done it on it will have that man fix it next month and drive it too save the new one. then credit union get a money order then get the new truck. i am going to drive pollys car new truck has no side rails jim will get that but very very hard for me to get into it without them. and i dont know where stuff is on it. i do pollys car.

hi neva hi alice

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/DB055D4F7333?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27668 on: November 17, 2023, 06:55:22 AM »

6:14  Rainy and cool, but I think warming today.
No solid plan for today.  Still thinking of going to Amish cobbler to try to find my extra belt. I like it to use over my winter Carhart's.  So soon I may be needing it to work and walk outside. I asked the repair shop that has my motorcycle to bring it back and put it in my garage.  They said they would, but can't do it until sometime after Thanksgiving. It is only about a ten minute ride for them.  So I don't know why it takes two weeks to drive it over.  Typical of them though to take a long time doing anything.  I mean three years and still nothing done right.  I was misled to this place by the wonderful on line testimony of supposedly happy customers.  I now believe the comments were all fictional, and made by the proprietor and his family.  Even the assurances I received in person were never adhered too.  Exactly what I told them happened at my previous repair place, which went out of business, also happened here.  I believe they will also be going out of business.  Just my luck.  I will try to fix it myself.  I just hope they put in the charging system parts for which I paid them $1300 or $1400.
Of course this in not a real important thing.  Just an annoyance compared to Israel and Ukraine and China. 
I am going for sure to Rural King to buy some knife sets for my cooks.  They cost less than $2.00 for a set of two.  I have one that I have used for years.  It is great.  It seems to stay sharp as advertised.

Well, that is all I have to say about that for now.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27669 on: November 17, 2023, 02:59:37 PM »

Frigate Bird ... 23:53
 Butterfly ...  22:27       77°   (1:31  pm)     Mostly sunny, and a slight breeze.

I hope all is going well with all of you.  Hi Alice & Rues.

Cal     I cannot climb up into either my son's truck or my son-in-law's truck, if my life depended on it.  Too short and no longer get around that well.  But hard time of it when I was a bit younger too.  I'd need mountain climbing gear to manage it.  lol!

Joho     Those people at the motorcycle shop owe you at least an explanation and an apology, and that is an understatement.  They took advantage of the fact that you are a nice person and were trying to trust them and give them a chance to do the right thing.    It really is shameful on their part. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 03:32:56 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #27670 on: November 17, 2023, 03:46:35 PM »

hi you guys been long day carmax way way out there people nice sharon knows her job she said you guys are long ways from home yes i was worried about kids i felt guilty and bad leaving the ranger there. hope it gets a nice home sharon said what a pretty truck ! new truck is pretty too fits jim alot better so now time to head back to barn just got caught up dogs would not go out for jim where is our mom? omg mom mom mom joho neva is so right on that place they should bring it right back if they dont lets get them. neva no running boards yet oh its got that handle but even when i got around good i could pull myself up but not now and hurts for someone to push me up why i dont ride anymore. if i got to use it now i would get my moms little step ladder. well indys maybe sweets birds mice waiting

calhound

« Reply #27671 on: November 18, 2023, 05:15:11 AM »

Thank You - UPDATE November 17, 2023

Thank You

The staff and boards of the North American Bear Center and the Wildlife Research Institute both thank you, even though those words don’t seem enough to express how we feel about the overwhelming support you showed once again!.

And it was fun! Last night it felt good for Donna and me to remember some of the many ways that so many people have stepped up to make the mission of learning and educating about bears what it’s become.

I also thought about that a couple years ago when Wildlife Professional Magazine devoted its November/December 2021 issue to the change in public attitude that was best expressed with its cover that showed a crowd watching a wild black bear with interest rather than fear. The articles throughout that issue made me think how so many of you worked locally, nationally, and around the world to promote a new view of bears. Article after article in the magazine was about changing attitudes toward bears and other animals.

The media is joining that push. It began with documentaries about bears that began airing in 2001, continued with intensive media coverage of the Lily Fan phenomenon that began in 2010, and is continuing in part with a new TV series created by a French Canadian film company featuring animals of various kinds that people have discovered are not the terrors people had thought. To show that for bears, the company selected the work you all are supporting. Its episode about bears should air in spring or early summer this coming year.

Thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #27672 on: November 18, 2023, 05:22:35 AM »

hi you guys its 32 here 44 in ice 36 in kviv and 50 in the barn maybe she can hear my walker coming down the sidewalk i heard her inside the barn meowing im hungry can you hurry up? yes maybe i can on the walker. so happy for the bears

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/8E055D57AB46

johoward

« Reply #27673 on: November 18, 2023, 08:57:51 AM »

5:26 Going to see the Amish this morning.  Sure hope he has my belt. LOL It is a nice morning, but cool at only 40 degrees at 10 am..  May spend some time outdoors in the bright sun.
Have to get ready now so I will say thanks for being here and CUL EV1. GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27674 on: November 18, 2023, 12:20:57 PM »

Kansas City Chiefs Fan Club
November 15 at 7:00 PM  ·
Monday Night Football Could Set Viewership Records As Kelce-Swift Families Set To Meet For The First Time