Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1121352 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27690 on: November 21, 2023, 11:20:53 AM »

hi joho so cool you and debbie going to ely and good plan fly to duluth rent a car staying at that lodge good plan i did that puzzle cause you like beagles my sister susie loved beagle her breed she had three not same time i did not finish reading about your beagle it looked like it going south sorry i did not want you to feel bad. is duluth a big airport? has car rental right there?
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #27691 on: November 21, 2023, 12:53:18 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/reel/242268292194401/?s=single_unit&__cft__%5B0%5D=AZUapBFrJ_RWuei1sGybbzEf_5veqIEwWptNoMFpnhx-GZ3R4YbJPm4BWI6FYucJkUHIEDnLp5aGkpAmcG904UDdAtF_lZ0EhuIT7Aj0DYqY50KBID-JjQBWHn_p7ec2MB63Zzmis8eAFfG1I2Hj4PIjg35T8zfWcvMQIwAbweIuNfphFoTDxJ-sskn599zn0xs&__tn__=H-R

cousin janice who also said. Good afternoon!
Friday I had my 5th battery replacement for my pacemaker/defibrillator.
Personally I think I did well,  no screaming,  no running away, no begging for food.
Looking forward to #6.
Thank you for your support
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #27692 on: November 21, 2023, 03:26:00 PM »

Dog lookback ...  38:13     71°  (1:41  pm)   Sunny & bright, but very windy.  That wind feels cold.

I hope that your day is going in the right direction.

Cal    Thanks for remembering Maddie Rose.  I sure miss her.    From what I've seen, Taco Bell is a lot better than it was when they started.  I took the girls there because they loved it, but to me it wasn't real Mexican food.  It looks pretty decent now.

Joho    I'm glad to hear that the plans for the Bear Center trip are official now.  Just think of how much fun you two are going to have. 

Maddie Rose
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 03:29:23 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27693 on: November 22, 2023, 04:59:15 AM »

Back in the Groove - UPDATE November 21, 2023

Male Raven
As I sit writing at my desk by the window, distractions and excitement are the company of birds and mammals—like this thoughtful-looking raven which is fitting for a member of the Corvidae family that many consider the most intelligent family of birds in the world.

Blue jay
Blue jay
Red fox chewing
Red fox chewing

Hairy woodpecker pre dawn
Hairy woodpecker
Evening grosbeak
Evening grosbeak
Red squirrel pre-dawn
Red squirrel
To start the day, pre-dawn visitors are often hairy woodpeckers and red squirrels. A surprise today was this new mink who looked up but didn’t run. Might he become a regular? The white-breasted nuthatch looked too cute to pass up. The blue jay gave me a casual look over its shoulder without so much as a pause in filling its throat with sunflower seed hearts. The red fox chewed away on his piece of pork, and I didn’t know what to make of the evening grosbeak’s bulging eyes.

White-breasted nuthatch male
White-breasted nuthatch male
 Mink
Mink
Distractions like this let me relax and feel thankful for what you did during GiveMN and let me look forward to the bear field courses that are always a treat.

I hope you all have a happy thanksgiving.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #27694 on: November 22, 2023, 05:15:27 AM »

hi you guys i almost left without posting did the update its 27 here 36 in ice and 26 in kviv and 50 in the barn. update full of great pictures this morning. little mink is esp cute nice to have a great camera and close up on it. doc excited to have you and debbie come joho. who is doing your thanksgiving dinner?

hi neva is your thanksgiving dinner at your house? jim is going to his dads in the morning for thanksgiving breakfast his dad has a hard time chewing he still has that feeding tube but can eat like eggs and stuff jim getting donuts this morning dropping them off at his dad cause be close tomorrow and jim has a roast in the freezer and potatoes and carrots he is going to make that for himself  i have a box of sage stove top dressing i will l make that for me and can of cranberry jim bought rolls so i would not have to make my homemade ones but i think i will make my rolls. they are pretty darn good. indy and sweets will love to have a couple of them.  i got my yeast in my grocery order i did yesterday going to pick them up very soon. go over to harps pick up a pumpkin pie share that with indy and sweets.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BD055D4CBB82?z=0

gb urkaine gb all animals and gb all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27695 on: November 22, 2023, 12:19:04 PM »

Cal, I did the course plans and Deb did the trip plans.  She knows i don't walk far.  So she made sure car is close or brought to us.
She asked me to print a google trip-tic for the drive to and from Ely.  I tried to do this and wound up with a non-responsive computer.  Just too many clicks I guess.  Now I am trying to uninstall a lot of crap programs.  Like AVG and Bing, and a new browser I did not want, but got while trying to print directions.  Been 3 hours so far, and still not uninstalled. My computer guru did not answer this morning.  He will fix me up I think.
Anyhow, about Taco Bell.  Joan turned me onto the crunch wrap and cheesy potatoes for a good lunch years ago.  We were on our way to Arby's to get me a Ruben when she says, pull into Taco Bell.  Who knew she was a fan?  LOL
Then this last Summer my good friend previously known as "M..." took me to Taco Bell for lunch.  She had a favorite burrito.  We got three nice big rice and been burritos for $1.00 each and two senior drinks for free.  I now do this any time I am low on cash and hungry. Thanks Miss "M...".
Now about Thanksgiving.  Debbie is cooking a full turkey dinner for she and I and maybe Brian and a new guest who would otherwise be alone that day, but is bringing a pumpkin pie.  I will take over some black olives, some chips, and several take out bowls, because I know she will pack all the leftovers for me to take home.
On Friday at 11, Deb and I will meet Carol Pamer, the President of the Seville Historical Society, at the home of The Giant of Seville.  It is a museum in Seville, Ohio.
Now I need to make some lunch and take a look at todays paper.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine

neva

« Reply #27696 on: November 22, 2023, 04:58:00 PM »

Pumpkin Pie ...  32:26        74°  (3:31  pm)  Sunny, and no breeze, yet.

Cal    Dinner is at my house, as usual.  Turkey and ham on the menu, along with everything else that is supposed to go with that.  These days, Michelle is in charge, but I did it for many, many years and everyone was invited, including boyfriends or girlfriends or friends that had nowhere else to go.  These days, it is just Bella and her little family that are coming over, everyone else has their own plans elsewhere.

Joho     Please tell us about the museum you go to on Friday.  I've always loved museums.
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #27697 on: November 22, 2023, 06:03:54 PM »

hi,joho sounds like good plan for bears and thanksgiving and yes tell us about that museum! i love them too. love joan taco bell fan too! tv showing chiefs getting ready for raiders im still irked like others not paying little more keep treek hill cheetah who could catch the ball and he could run too. i got walmart at 7 am called and they were bringing out my groceries and four cars pulled up too i told that kid you will be busy today he said yes but off tomorrow went over to harps everyone happy to see me i was happy to see them when i was out almost to my car gina ran up to me she got me flowers said she had seen me for awhile i asked her how her dog quinn black lab girl was a rattlesnake got her face and it was very swollen her husband jim was on the ground picking up black walnuts and quinn ran in front of him growling at that snake and got bit he got his shovel killed that snake they got donkey jack all those horses so gina jim took her to vet got antivenom abd antibiotics and gina showed me quinn now she looks good! gina cried i cried too we said ty god ty jesus and i said ty guardian angels. so then i got in my car and once again it would not start i was upset okay befiore i opened my door and then i tried again it started. so i opened my door it made whirling sound i tried it started up came home googled it cause it never did this till jim put in a new battery. well you have to reset the bms like reset change oil it said blink bright lights five times then step on brake three times just have key on do not start it. so i did it did something cause i could not reset my clock googled that unhook neg from battery jim did abd that reset clock so its working again i hope it will start up all the time now im going to be looking at new cars.

hi neva your family dinner sounds good! i use to cook big thanksgiving dinner my family came some friends too anyone who wanted now my family is pretty much gone and my family is indy and dogs cats i cant get around good im happy being home with the kids jim go to his in the morning come back his family wishes i would come but understand they turn on the plaza light here thanksgiving at six so i will watch that long ago i was down there and as kids dad drove us around there. plaza now nothing like it was lots crime etc owner has it for sale. im pretty tired bedtime all dogs on my bed sleeping some cats up here too.

calhound

« Reply #27698 on: November 23, 2023, 05:14:24 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving you guys!

calhound

« Reply #27699 on: November 23, 2023, 05:29:44 AM »

hi you guys its 35 here 31 in ice 26 in kviv and 50 in the barn

Happy Thanksgiving to you guys at cheers!

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/2F055D4FE59B?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

johoward

« Reply #27700 on: November 23, 2023, 11:18:56 AM »

5:44 Wow! I am finally average. Woohooo!
Happy Thanksgiving EV1.
Neva's sounds like my kind of Thanksgiving place Cal.  We would bring something special for you though, because we know you have special states.
 Debbie will feed us well.  There will be pumpkin pie.  I saw it last night.  Looks very good! I also saw some cool whip, and some Reddy Whip. Yummm.
I was delighted and surprised to fine a text from "M..." this morning. It was from last night while I was away from my phone.  Just FYI.  I will check to see if she also broke silence on messenger which she taught me to use.
For now though I will say thanks for being here for me.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel (yay hostages), and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27701 on: November 23, 2023, 11:50:05 AM »

hi joho i made my rolls got one pan in oven now three more pans waiting made my stove top sage in frig cranberry jelly in frig i did not get a pumpkin pie got some little ones for indy sweets i love reddy whip in the can squirt it right into mouth! yum not done that in a long time oh timer going off my rolls are done i thought i saw hostage talk delayed hope they got released

calhound

« Reply #27702 on: November 24, 2023, 05:22:21 AM »

hi you guys its 28 here 36 in ice 42 in kviv and 50 in the barn. i hope you guys had a good thanksgiving. i fell asleep and missed the plaza lights good i recorded it so hoping to see it sometime today saw in on local news awhile ago. they have a christmas show an hour before so show at 6 and lights 7 show is usually pretty good singing christmas songs and stuff. jim ate almost all the rolls i called him out on that no need to that i put three in a baggie and into my drawer in my room. took awhile to make those and i wanted some too. he ate his roast potatoes carrots watched football.  i did my chores and went to bed with the dogs heard a loud bang in my closet in the night brownie growling got right off the bed ran to closet door i thought oh no what have you guys done now. my nintendo wii U how they got up there on that shelf and knocked it to the floor so probably broken i dont really play it anymore play on my switch when i get the chance which aint often anymore.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BC055D4CF12A?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

johoward

« Reply #27703 on: November 24, 2023, 08:11:35 AM »

8:51 Toughie.  Good morning EV1. Deb fed us all very well. I did take home a pretty heavy bag of leftovers.  Complete with homemade pumpkin pie, one slice, and a an untouched half of a turkey breast.  Lots of mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes.
I got a surprising bunch of "Happy" texts.  I answered them all.  People really do reach out on Thanksgiving.  Thank you God.
Today Deb and i are going to The Giants of Seville Museum at 11 am.  I will call now to confirm Carol will be able to make it to meet us there.
I got no answer at her home number just now.  So I better try to find another number to confirm.  It is about an hours drive for us, and I don't want to take the trip if no one is at the museum.  Carol may still be sleeping or otherwise occupied.  So I will call again in an hour.  The number I have is a land line and will not accept texts.
It is a grey day here , but dry and cool at 35 degrees at 9:10am.
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27704 on: November 24, 2023, 05:05:33 PM »

VanGogh's  Bedroom ...  29:15     73°   (2:35 pm)   Sunny, some clouds + windy

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving yesterday.  We did, especially with the new baby - and it is his first Thanksgiving.  I am looking forward to the next years when he knows what is going on, and can enjoy the company and the feast.  His name is Maverick James.  I love that name.   

Cal    I see that it was colder at your place than it was in Iceland this morning.  Michelle missed the Macy's Parade yesterday so is going to try to find it on YouTube.  She's watched that since she a little girl.    My daughter up in Wyoming is getting snow now, so I imagine winter is setting in for a lot of people now.  Especially with that temperature of yours.

Joho     My kids called me yesterday, so I was lucky in the reach-out department yesterday.  I even got to talk to a grandson that I am particularly fond of.  He got out of the Navy recently and is back home in Wyoming.   Another blessing is that today I got a letter from an old friend.  When I came here, I was 13 and that is when I met Joni.  We are both 81 now and still friends.  I was glad to hear from her again.  Reaching out is a good thing, and can be a blessing.

(J.W. Stephens)