Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1121774 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27600 on: November 03, 2023, 04:47:22 AM »

Chiefs Kingdom Memes - CKM
16 hours ago
  ·
Donna Kelce and Taylor Swift are flying to Germany together
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #27601 on: November 03, 2023, 04:53:26 AM »

hi you guys its 46 here 36 in ice 53 in kviv 52 in the barn

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/10055D52ECA3?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #27602 on: November 03, 2023, 08:13:10 AM »

hi you guys local news saying no word if taylor be joining travis in germany so that picture is a fake i think jim heard she was not going news said she may but in her private jet so will have to see   her tour starts nov 9th i think anyway taylor or not GO Chiefs!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27603 on: November 03, 2023, 09:09:58 AM »

I got it back by clicking A above.  "Toggle view".  I must have hit this by accident sometime.  This is likely, because I always have to look at keys to type.  I often am surprised when I look up at screen.
Today though it seems normal.  However, my coffee and cereal are waiting.  Got up very late.  Stayed up late watching "Mom".
CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #27604 on: November 03, 2023, 12:24:42 PM »

6:52  Finally got to it. I can't tell what they are selling matches or telephones.   LOL
What is "impregnated"?
Sure is nice to see cursor again.  I thought I was really out of business for a few days. DO NOT CLICK ON box A above! EVER!
That is what I get for trying to learn to add imogies, and other cute little things like you all do.
Also, I am trying hard to learn to get pics from my phone to emails.  It is hard because I have a flip phone.  I am going to call Consumer Cellular and tell them how I did get my phone to send pics.  None could help me there.  I asked about 8 or 10 people.  None knew what to do.  I got a busy signal this morning when I tried to call them at about 7am  Seemed odd.  Been a long time since I have heard an old time busy signal.
Now time for lunch.  CUL EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27605 on: November 03, 2023, 06:12:43 PM »

Old Label ...  19:53     85°   (3:47 pm)   Clear and Sunny, no wind.

Cal     So the Chiefs are going off to Germany.  I hope they win.  I hear the Germans like American football very much. 
Anyone started their Christmas shopping yet?  I'm trying not to leave it until absolutely last moment.  I've started with the baby.  He is moving out of the Newborn clothes and into the next size.  He's a big one.

Hi Joho     I've made note of where the  'A'  box is above and will leave it alone.  I do not like fighting with my computer.  Thanks.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #27606 on: November 03, 2023, 09:48:35 PM »

HI, I looked at my Oregon Cam and I see a nice big skunk.  The cam is called 24/7 Live Animal Cam.

It is a good one.  The skunk is gone already.  They are skittish.

Yes! Beware the A, but do tell me how to do some fun stuff.

GN GBU all.

calhound

« Reply #27607 on: November 04, 2023, 05:01:16 AM »

Settling in for Winter - UPDATE November 1, 2023

Mature Buck
Young bucks
Young bucks
Young bucks
Young bucks
Now with freezing temperatures and snow arriving, winter is beginning with Lucky and Holly seeming to agree that the den has room for both.

Here at the Wildlife Research Institute, 3-year-old Fletcher apparently called it a year when he left here at 9:30 PM on October 28 on the first day with snow.

Woods Lake
Woods lake

With ice forming around the shore of Woods Lake, a mink checked the bear scale for food on October 29 weighing in at two pounds, which would make it a young one or a female.

On October 30th, the red fox showed us what he does when he is not coming for the food we offer. He hunts. As we watched, he sat perfectly still at times—ears forward listening and looking and sometimes making unsuccessful pursuits and pounces in unsuccessful attempts to catch prey we never could see well enough to identify in the dense brush that let the prey move more freely than the fox.

Red fox
Red fox
 Mink
Mink
As the snow accumulated yesterday (the 31st), a white-breasted nuthatch posed in front of the snowy background to be the poster bird for the occasion.

Today, rusty blackbirds were heading south with one coming close enough for a picture. It was a female as shown by her rusty crown, light eyebrow patch, and bright yellow eye.

White breasted nuthatch male
White breasted nuthatch male
 Rusty blackbird female
Rusty blackbird female
Today, Woods Lake is totally covered by ice but not enough to walk on.

For white-tailed deer, mating season is said to last from November into early December, putting these young bucks right on schedule as they show their testosterone by butting their heads together and pushing back and forth. A few hours later, a mature buck showed up vocalizing and looking ready for action with his antlers nicely polished—only to find no sparring partner or mate available.

As I once heard someone eloquently say, “It’s getting intrestinger and intrestinger.” (although for us, nothing can beat bears).

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and

calhound

« Reply #27608 on: November 04, 2023, 05:32:18 AM »

hi you guys its 41 here 37 in ice 54 in kviv 52 in the barn nice to see the mink on the update and fox get your food from doc no need to kill something.  young bucks are so cute sadly here hunting season for them i hear gunshots  :( on the barn radio the farm 100.7 having a contest with youngsters now one who bags the biggest and smallest wins a firearm well hot damn. stupid stupid talking get your kid out hunting  >:( times i went out of the barn so i would not have hear it again.  today i will drop my car off at that mechanics house get that emission light to go off. jim went to get my car tags yesterday afternoon said be right back but he was not cause of that construction on the highway still he had to sit in it wait for that pilot truck i said i know this is why i have not been to harps in two weeks go to walmart get my groceries loaded up and take off. they start construction at 8 am

hi joho i have a skunk family that comes here mom and her three kids and so cute too. jim sees them down by his shop too. i see them on the sidewalk when i look out my bathroom window got a little possum and its mom too. she does eat on sidewalk but she also goes in the barn uses the hidey hole. course raccoonies all over the place.impregnated  im·preg·nate
/imˈpreɡˌnāt/
verb
past tense: impregnated; past participle: impregnated
make (a woman or female animal) pregnant.
soak or saturate (something) with a substance.
"wood that had been impregnated with preservative

what imogies are you trying to add?

hi neva i have pretty much done nothing for christmas yet oh got my christmas cards other day i had made now to address them i am not going to ca this year big stress off me there no buying gifts for him or cindy. he thinks he should get high dollar stuff and tons of it well im out i will go to my niece jeanne place sure ca will see us doing that but i only have only so much time and hard for me to get around so just jeannes i will give her money and snack stuff cat food for her two cats and i was going to get her an ipad but she does not like them and she got a lap top. jim i get a mcdonalds gift card that is what he wants not sonic anymore he says they are expensive and he can get more food at mcdonalds  i get snack stuff for jims dad and we give him money his sister cathy i will get snack stuff and stuff for her cat and a gift card. to maybe olive garden where ever she wants one. his other sister is a cheapskate does not want to exchange gifts which makes me happy its okay. she was taking our gifts and give us back nothing jim said something to her. her husband real cheapskate has a good job and their two twin sons who are like 27 have really good jobs still live at home cheapskate too i guess anyway just his dad and cathy and her husband tim she always gets my kids stuff esp pearl and now indy it means alot to me and i tell her that. i still have pearls gift cards from her .  yes germany loves our football they are very excited to see the chiefs play miami wish jp was still here see his dolphins play in germany here news said lots of kc chiefs fans also heading to germany to see the game. wow true fans there.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/1C055D59F4D6?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27609 on: November 04, 2023, 08:43:06 AM »

6:00  Done Coffee and paper not done.  So cul EV1 GBU, Israel, and Ukraine  Happy Sat.  Don't forget to change clocks backward to night.

neva

« Reply #27610 on: November 04, 2023, 05:38:19 PM »

Car Sea Sign ...  25:26      89°  (3:06 pm)    Clear, sunny and a very light breeze.

I hope your day is going well, so far.

Cal     I've started out with the newest member of our family and have been looking at baby boy's clothing and toys, and other things in that area, which I have really enjoyed.  I got his parents a small kitchen appliance because they love to cook together. 
I've found out over time that with some people, giving them a gift card is better so that they can use it to get something they really want, instead of getting what is just a guess of mine about what they need or want.  They seem appreciative of that.

The reasoning behind what you do sounds good to me.  You shouldn't have to be manipulated by people that are just being difficult.

Hi Joho     Thankfully, I have no clocks to change.   😊
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27611 on: November 05, 2023, 05:02:32 AM »

hi you guys its 35 and a dense fog 37 in ice 56 in kviv 50 in the barn chiefs be playing soon niece jeanne is going to call me this morning at 9am she is more important than the chiefs but i do have it set to record  :) sure she does too. jim goes to a union meeting today and then over to the high school to vote on new contract he is afraid it will not pass but i think it will in michigan detriot it passed by alot 88 to 12 i knew those workers were ready to vote on it. the mechanic jeffs friend called told jim my car was ready. i said wow that was super fast what was it a mouse chewed thru my wire to the fuel deal it got under that carpet on my driver side. or went thru the engine anyway we had indy out got him in and he did want in only been out an hour so got gator i drove in jim walked up to him he took off bucking ran past jim to me in the gator. got over to that mans place i had gotten him some candy gave it to him he said see that ford escape there yes mouse got its wire too. so when his computer showed faulty wire to that he went looking right there first. he said he gets that alot.  i know have a live trap in my car he said he went thru and did not see any mouse that other car a mouse popped out looking at him. it was late when we got back i still had to do my chores so having an extra hour really helped me out. very happy with back an hour.

hi neva sounds good to me too on your christmas stuff. ca daughter told him since he buys tons of crap for them to please get like school clothes stuff they need instead. but i know him he will still get stuff he wants to get.  i think gift cards and money way to go for me yes go get what you need once niece jeanne told him you will never know how much i appreciated that money. i said do you need more?

hi joho i see the brownies are playing az cards today

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/81055D5C0634?z=0

« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 05:04:15 AM by calhound »

neva

« Reply #27612 on: November 05, 2023, 05:23:55 PM »

Church Madara ...  26:39     91°  (3:54 pm)    Clear, sunny and tiny bit of a breeze.

I hope all is well with all of you. 

Hi Cal     Is there anything a mechanic can do to keep mice from chewing up wires???  While I was reading your post I realized that we have mice here too.  Around the time Michelle was graduating from High School, her boyfriend Chuck had a Chevy Chevelle that he parked in the front of his parent's house out in the foothills and mice chewed up his wiring.  My car is parked in my carport and is so far, untouched.  I know I should ask my mechanic, but I don't see him all that often.

Hi Joho    I hope all is well with you.
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27613 on: November 06, 2023, 04:54:20 AM »

hi you guys its 59 here 39 in ice 59 in kviv 60 in the barn.

hi neva no he did say how to keep them out i set a live trap in my car now and check it on off all day i do not set it when i am done for the day i got some of this   

and put some bags inside my car on driver side on the floor and passenger side making wires out of soybean pretty stupid mice like dark hidey holes and away from predators so my car was a target mice in garage and they are looking for safety from my garage laundry room cats so i will have to keep setting traps i read they do not like peppermint oil or cedar chips  hate moth balls bounce dryer sheets said move your car some too. i read you can have some wires wrapped but that would be alot of work and have no idea what someone would charge for that. such a small animal cause lots of damage.

hi joho i hope too all is well with you did you watch chiefs game?

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/97055D5CFBA0?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27614 on: November 06, 2023, 07:16:34 AM »

6:25  Good morning EV1.  I am all footballed out.  I missed the Chiefs game, but that is about the only one I missed.  I do know they won. YAY!  As did the Browns. YAY! Sorry they beat your Cardinals Neva. Two solid days pinned to the TV for football.  I can't even remember what I saw, but it was a lot.  Both the pros and the college players do some remarkable plays.  None of them matched the play last week where the quarterback took the snap from center, and lateralled the ball between his legs to the fullback who then scampered around the right end for a good gain.  That was a classic.  Other impressive plays were the ultra-precise throws in the Cincinnati vs Buffalo game.  What a contest.
Nothing on the agenda today.  Called in three renewals on pills for pickup this afternoon, and promised Debbie I would bring her some Poppee's Cheddar Popcorn this morning.  She has a craving for some.
Not too bad out this morning 44 degrees now , but going to 60 later.  Dark, but no rain they say.
Well I will say so long for now EV1. 
GBU, GB Israel, and GB Ukraine