Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1121785 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27615 on: November 06, 2023, 02:05:50 PM »

Mouse Nibbling ...  24:14     88°  (12:50  pm)   Clear and sunny w/ slight breeze.   

I hope that all are feeling well and your day is going in the direction you wanted it to.

Hi Cal      Mice are so darned cute, aren't they?  Thanks for the info about car wiring and mice.  They haven't bothered my car, but there has been a bit of a worry in the back of my mind about that particular problem since hearing about it from others.

I'm glad your Chiefs won. 

Hi Joho     I wish the Cardinals luck next time, but I wasn't watching them.  I see how the football games are piled up on the weekends, you certainly wouldn't run out of games to watch, that's for sure.   

I think the Olympics are coming up some time soon.  In France, I think.  I hope so.   

Not so soon  ---->   July & August    Summer Olympics.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 02:13:05 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27616 on: November 07, 2023, 04:47:09 AM »

hi you guys its 46 here 39 in ice 58 in kviv and 54 in the barn. says temp to drop thursday but nothing huge today in the upper 70s tomorrow too

hi neva yes good chiefs won also good they are back here. mice are so darn cute but make lots of problems lot cuter out in the barn i missed the news hearing something on how trump insulted that judge. also 76 % of american people rep and dem very unhappy with choice again being trump and biden dont want either they say.

hi joho i just see games as i go in and out i do like college football alot too

Hi alice i was laughing at your email yesterday before i was done for the day it was like 5:45 i told jim i just love this clock going back stuff people gripping about getting dark at 5:30 i love it!! okay dogs got our pizza time for bed its dark out!!     :)

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/F2055D5191FC?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27617 on: November 07, 2023, 09:03:27 AM »

6:31 Trouble with cursor again. No fun I tells ya.
Did watch the whole game last night.  I think the Charger uniforms are a little like a comic book look, but they sure can play football.
Hi to Neva , Cal , and EV1 else who stops in.  I know there are a lot of viewers.  There always have been, but over time they just stop in for the news and not to comment.  Things do change.  Like it or not. I don't! 
It is 53 degrees and cloudy at 10 am.  Going to get much cooler soon.
No news today from the North Coast.  So I will say CUL EV1.  GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27618 on: November 07, 2023, 10:09:43 AM »

hi joho stopping by you know viewers like alice are just guest as a guest you cant post all you can do is view some do not want to be members just view thats okay come read about dr rogers his bears etc read eagle see cams just come wildlife needs the support and help well curses to your curser thought you had it fix if it only does here you know you hit something again
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #27619 on: November 07, 2023, 10:40:25 AM »

We Love Corgi
October 31 at 11:29 PM  ·
Rue clearly disapproves of outdoor adventures. She’s not dead, just dramatic.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27620 on: November 07, 2023, 01:48:11 PM »

Corgi waiting for it to be over. LOL
I did not touch anything Cal, but touching A and untouching A brings it back.  It did it just starting up on the reply box this time.  Even before I typed anything.  Used to come in, or go away, when I was typing and looked up wondering where the next letter goes.  Getting worse. Also, this time on start up I had four tabs going and they all came back " no internet".  Had to x out of all then click in again.  I wonder if favorites get stale like pics on my phone did? I think it is Microsoft fooling with me , because they keep starting Bing automatically.  Windows tells me to pick a default browser, and I do pick Google Chrome.  It still starts up with Bing and AVG most of the time.  I wind up with all three showing.  Takes a long time starting when it does this.
I am glad folks peek in on us.  I often think of PJ's daughter seeing what is going on like her dad did all those years.  I know there are many others too.  Hi to all of you.  GBU
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 01:51:43 PM by johoward »

neva

« Reply #27621 on: November 07, 2023, 04:23:43 PM »

Squirrel ...  30:04      89°   (2:45 pm)    As usual, Clear, sunny and a nice breeze.  It's supposed to reach 90°.

I hope your day is running smoothly.

Cal     Is that Corgi related to your friend Rues in any way?  I love Corgis!    I agree with the dog, If I went camping at this point in my life, I would go  'Glamping'  in my daughter's  5th wheel RV.  and bring my hotel with me.  lol!       

Joho        Don't you just love trying to find out what changed, and why on your computer?  ... and it turns out to be something that you don't remember doing to get it to be that way in the first place.  I had that problem with the task bar yesterday.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #27622 on: November 07, 2023, 05:21:40 PM »

Hi Neva,  Your msg. would be more meaningful to me if I knew what a "task Bar" is. LOL
BTW my cursor is OK just now. Yay!

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27623 on: November 08, 2023, 04:49:52 AM »

hi you guys its 57 here 42 in ice 46 in kviv 62 in the barn i think temp will start to fall tonight high tomorrow in 50's low 30

hi joho there has been times that bing showed up on my monitor i do not want it either want my chrome i close out that bing if i have too at the bottom of my monitor it says type here to search and then it has other stuff and paint and e for explorer and the chrome circle i hit that chrome or at the top on the right three dots in line hit that and you can relaunch chrome and other stuff. yes starting up all that stuff takes forever why i also like my ipad none of that stuff

hi neva i thought that too when i saw little cordi name too but no not rues dog she just has two cats now they had to put their last dog down and we all know how that feels  :(  i know you love cordi's   :) i use to love to go camping long long ago but no more at all. oh my i can just see that i would be like that dog and need something to push myself up get a  fancy rv have bathroom tv ac frig my dogs my cats indy sweets well might as well stay home i could see having a nice rv and leaving my big howling kitchen coyotees in there and leaving for awhile.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BC055D5A2A39?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 04:52:19 AM by calhound »
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #27624 on: November 08, 2023, 10:32:24 AM »

s November 7, 2023

Lily - 8-26-13
As I watch the 2024 bear field courses filling up on Bearstudy.org, I’m looking forward to getting together once again with people who want to share bears. A high point for me each summer is meeting like-minded people in these Monday to Thursday courses and sharing the excitement as we immerse ourselves in wild bears that teach us directly.Burt Happy - 6-29-15

The pictures here are of two of the favorite bears we look forward to seeing. One the pictures is of Lily in a den we often visit. I especially look forward to seeing her this year when she should have cubs. The other picture is of Burt who is shown with his happy face that is always a joy to see As I’ve said before, the courses are life-changing for people who fear bears, unforgettable for people who appreciate them, and essential for wildlife professionals. We see and hear the bears’ vocalizations, body language and how they relate to each other and people. On walks to old dens, leaders point out bear sign and wild foods. One of the pictures is of Lily in one of the dens we usually visit. Whatever we do, it’s always fun and interesting hearing questions during walks, dinner, lectures or any convenient time about what black bears are like and how they live. With the people we have helping to lead the Lily with Faith 11-12-11courses together with what you learn from the bears, your questions, and the lectures we do during the least active part of each day, you end up going home knowing more about black bears than just about anyone, and no expert can tell you what you learn from the bears is wrong.

For more information about the courses, travel, local points of interest, etc. contact Judy Thon at [email protected]. You can register online and learn more at Bearstudy.org. The direct link to the registration page is https://www.bearstudy.org/field-study-courses/reserve-your-spot.html

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calihoula

« Reply #27625 on: November 08, 2023, 10:39:42 AM »

lily

calihoula

« Reply #27626 on: November 08, 2023, 10:40:06 AM »

calihoula

« Reply #27627 on: November 08, 2023, 10:40:44 AM »

calihoula

« Reply #27628 on: November 08, 2023, 10:42:15 AM »

hi you guys update just came on my ipad had to do pics alone first lily next two burt

johoward

« Reply #27629 on: November 08, 2023, 10:46:38 AM »

5:23  Nice cows. Thanks Cal.
Not too nice around here today.  47degrees at 11:18 and dreary looking put there.  Could be worse I guess.  Could be raining.
Things are happening in the neighborhood.  I am not really involved.  Just sad to see the upset in people's lives.  This is an over 55 community.  Family upset is not a good thing for anyone at this age.  Starting life over at 60 or 70 years of age is heart breaking no matter what the reason.  It is probably best for those involved, but I hate to be a witness to the agony and stress it brings to families. 
 I will offer condolences where I feel they are indicated, and try to shield myself from any unnecessary involvement.
Thanks Cal for the pics and new post about the bear courses.  What beautiful animals.

It is almost time for some lunch over here.  So I will say CUL EV1.  GBU, Israel, and Ukraine.