Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1122544 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27465 on: October 06, 2023, 05:58:23 PM »

Slow 15 ...  34:15      100°   (3:37 pm)    Clear, sunny sky with no wind.

I hope that you are all having a good day.

Cal    Yes, the thought of Trump being Speaker, or anything, in our government ever again makes me sick.  I am just hoping to see what he looks like wearing orange on a daily basis.  Can you imagine what it is like for our allies?  When the occasions come up when they have to decide to share information with us?  They got a good look at how things were going over here.  I'm pretty sure that some of their info was out there in those documents along with ours.

Joho     I like that name too --  Odin.  You don't hear that much.   Just think of how important these memories will be to his life.  You thought him important enough to make room for him in your life. 
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27466 on: October 07, 2023, 05:04:32 AM »

hi you guys its 41 here 33 in ice 52 in kviv 63 in the barn barn keeps heat well no furnace is on yet next week be back in the 70's

hi neva laughing seeing trump wearing orange every day needs to happen but you know yes what about our allies and sharing info all them boxes of documents in his bathroom neva people still want to vote for him ?? on a positive note uaw making progress with GMApollo places a box on a conveyor belt.
New York
CNN
 —
United Auto Workers President Shawn Fain said Friday that Ford, General Motors and Stellantis will all avert an expansion of the UAW’s work stoppages at this time, suggesting the unprecedented strikes against all three could be nearing an end.

Fain said the union made that decision after a major breakthrough in talks with GM on a key bargaining goal concerning the future of auto jobs, as the automakers shift from traditional gas-powered cars to a lineup of EVs.

GM agreed to have the workers at its future EV battery plants be covered by the national labor agreement governing other UAW members at GM, Fain said, after the UAW threated an expansion of the strike to a GM plant in Arlington, Texas, that assembles the company’s full-sized SUVs.

The agreement is a major breakthrough on the union’s key demand that there be a “just transition” from gasoline powered cars to EVs, which are seen as a threat to union jobs.

“We have had a breakthrough that not only dramatically changed negotiations, it is going to change the future of our union and future of our industry,” said Fain.

GM said in a statement Friday said negotiations are continuing with the UAW.

“Our goal remains to reach an agreement that rewards our employees and allows GM to be successful into the future,” the company said.

GM has in the past insisted that workers in battery facilities are not GM employees, because the plants are run by joint ventures it has with Asian battery companies. Workers at the single GM EV battery plant that is open are represented by the UAW,but they are not part of the national labor agreement and are paid about one third less than members are currently paid, even after the union won wage increases there earlier this summer.

Where things stand
The new written offer from General Motors to include electric battery production in the new contract came just 30 minutes before Shawn Fain was set to announce an expanded strike, according to a source familiar with the movements.

General Motors was falling behind Ford and Stellantis in negotiations, the source added.

Hi joho! when boobies son ryan was little we took him down to the pond from where i lived backed then in the city they had geese big white ones real honkers. he was afraid of them but we said dont be afraid here is some bread just feed them so he feed them but they wanted more and started  chasing him biting at him we all ran to my car to this day he will not feed geese and not take his own kids to do that he is also afraid of grasshoppers and crickets that boy i swear

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/2B055D53F838?z=0
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 07:50:51 AM by calhound »
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27467 on: October 07, 2023, 07:40:54 AM »

4:53 Good morning EV1
Did puzzle right away this morning.  Yes Odin is a blessing.  He is so brave and confident.  He mimics his big brother Nick who I took fishing for his first time a few years ago.  Nick is a good patient fisherman.  I think Odin will be too. 
He was OK feeding geese until one came along that was as tall as he.  This tall one hissed and sent the others running.  Odin is smart.  He figured out that those run away geese knew something, and followed their defensive behavior.  He was able to stand still for some of the shorter geese to eat out of his hand, but that tall hissing goose got food safely thrown to him.
Today I will take their Grandma Debbie to dinner.  I have a lot to do to get ready.  So CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27468 on: October 07, 2023, 02:45:39 PM »

yay buckeyes!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27469 on: October 07, 2023, 11:13:41 PM »

Thanks Cal.  Was a good game.  CU L GBU

calhound

« Reply #27470 on: October 08, 2023, 05:02:05 AM »

hi you guys its 41 here 45 in ice 52 in kviv and 51 in the barn.  chiefs play mn viking at 3;25 at mn and once again taylor swift traveled with the team she will be at the game.  travis has said need to stop all the stuff with him. i am sure that will not happen should

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/8D055D528369?z=0

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27471 on: October 08, 2023, 09:21:15 AM »

5:42  Good morning.  Winter is here already.  Only 43 at 10:15.  Brrrrr! I will have to turn on my furnace today.  If not, my pipes may freeze. Yikes!  No ice anywhere yet, but feels like it must be close.
I will look at Snowman cam and GSB cam.  They are usually colder than I am.  Nothing exciting to report this morning.  Just stayed in all day yesterday and watched TV again.  Yay Buckeyes!  Today I will root for the Chiefs and for the Stealers. Now I can't wait any longer.  Need to start furnace.  Did my washing yesterday and my dryer broke.  My clothes are hanging around the house wet.  Need the heat to get them dry. CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27472 on: October 08, 2023, 06:54:09 PM »

Red Pot ...  26:27     96°  (3:00 pm)   Sunny, not windy at all.

I hope your plans for today are going well.

My yesterdays post here didn't come through.  ?   My great-grandson was born yesterday, and he looks healthy and strong.  We are all delighted.   Maverick James  💕

Cal    So, Travis is dating Taylor.  She goes to the games, and do his fans like her being there?  I hear that his mother likes her, or at least she said she does -- of course, what else would one say?

Joho    I have another friend who is putting their furnace on today, they didn't want to do that yet, but...   My dryer bit the dust recently, right after I had to replace the hot water heater.  What fun.
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27473 on: October 09, 2023, 05:17:12 AM »

hi you guys its 45 here 47 in ice 48 in kviv and 52 in the barn. yay to chiefs for their win and taylor was not there
Tavis Kelce new beau Taylor Swift has been seen supporting player in last Kansas City Chiefs games
By Web DeskOctober 09, 2023
Taylor Swift lets Travis Kelce’s Kansas City Chiefs game vs. Minnesota Vikings pass
Taylor Swift lets Travis Kelce’s Kansas City Chiefs game vs. Minnesota Vikings pass
Taylor Swift was not there for Travis Kelce at his latest NFL game.

The "Ready For It?" singer's absence from Sunday's Kansas City Chiefs vs. Minnesota Vikings game at US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota, amid her developing romance with the football tight end, disappointed fans.

“When RedZone breaks in with a special announcement like there’s a catastrophic injury or situation in Minnesota, and they announce that Taylor Swift is not in attendance. SMH,” one sports fan wrote via Twitter.

“If you were tuning in to the Chiefs-Vikings game to see Taylor Swift, you’ll just have to picture her in your wildest dreams,” a tweet from The Athletic read.

“She is not in attendance in Minnesota to watch Travis Kelce.

Hi Neva! big congrats!! l love his name he is a maverick!! and best part everyone is healthy and okay!! well yes travis is dating taylor or she is dating him she came to the first two games travis does not want all the attention over that and some do not others really do. swifties showing up in numbers to support the chiefs and i guess good to have more support. donna seems to be a lot of fun loves her kids.she travels alot on for the chiefs other son plays for the eagles. oh no dryer gone another one bites the dust i worry about that stuff well we replace that dryer a few times but same washer for years i love that washer too no agitator but stove frig micro all put in when we built this house long ago frig freezer downstairs pretty darn old. did you order one online and they do bring it out and set it up take away old one?

hi joho oh no your dryer too! i saw rainy for you we still have not turned on the furnace i have my window ac running all night dogs and cats piled next to me are you going to order a dryer online? chiefs on thursday night football against denver here at arrowhead! i will have to tape it i know i will fall asleep and i want to see first part for sure home of the chiefs.  good game with buckeyes yes.  saw parts here and there. later this week i saw on our local weather be 80.

i have to go see dr platte at 9:30 will have to leave before 8:30 got a big hole cavity in tooth next to empty implant spot and below one of my little front bottom teeth broke some off . i am thinking it will be bad to get fix or cant even fix it so be another implant this one would be covered by insurance only get one for lifetime so my other now not covered but jim took them our health insurance card since it was an injury from my big fall back then maybe they would cover it. if not have to pay for it. sick of not having a tooth there just cotton.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/73055D54DF10?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27474 on: October 09, 2023, 09:00:47 AM »

5:01 Not too bad. So many pieces took two or three tries to get them to move.  I blame my mouse, but could be me.
I know I promised no more "M" words, but I find I am not able to shed all the goals I had for taking her to new sights and all manner of places. I was proud and delighted to be with her, and She seemed so happy to be out and about and care free for the day.  I guess I was wrong.  It was just me.  Not us that was happy.  Just can't shake this feeling of loss that is haunting me.  I just keep thinking I did something wrong.  I wish I knew what it was, so I could avoid doing it again.
I have no plans in the future other than the TV guy is due here now to "fix" the pixelating on my scary Halloween channel, and no sound on my weather channel.  I found that if I dial their number and keep hitting "0" I get to talk to a person who is really helpful.
 I wish Mary would do this so she could use her remote to adjust the voice and to mute the tv while she is on the phone.  Her remote control does not work on sound.  She knows she needs their help, but does not want to call them for some reason.
Well this is just one of my many goals for her I could not achieve, and it troubles me.
Well he is almost here so I better sign off.  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #27475 on: October 10, 2023, 04:59:39 AM »

Family, Friends, Views, and a Welcome Home - UPDATE October 9, 2023

Red-tailed hawk
Butch’s funeral was a time of remembering with family and friends. It also was a time of seeing once again what a united family Butch had created in his 58 years of marriage. Red fox
Red fox
At the lunch following the funeral, our table of neighborhood friends was the last to get up and go. But it wasn’t over. Donna and I visited my daughter, my sister, and Butch’s wife and talked for hours with each at their houses. A good get-together. While there, I also had to visit the old neighborhood and a nature spot at the old Soldier’s Home a couple blocks from home where I often went as a preteen just before sunrise to see the great blue heron fly in and settle among the ducks and geese on the shallow lake. It was the same as ever. The heron was resting on a little island of grass, stretching a wing as part of preening. The lake and the surrounding forested cemetery was also a place I saw a lot of other birds, including my first broad-winged hawk. But on this trip it was a different kind of hawk. A red-tailed hawk flew close and spread its wings to swoop to the side just as I clicked its picture.

Great blue heron with Mallards
Great blue heron with mallards

Next, it was driving home on pretty roads through the beautiful Upper Peninsula with leaves beginning to turn and sugar maple leaves in their full glory.

Mich Road H28
Michigan Road
 Sugar Maple
Sugar maple
Finally, back home, the overlook a couple miles from the WRI was more beauty—aspens and birches in a bright broad view I’m glad we didn’t miss. Then, at the WRI cabin Donna and I were greeted by an animal I hadn’t seen all summer. I sat down at my desk to check emails and soon saw this fox was looking in the window. It joined me at the door where I gave it some bologna and mini-muffins. While it was off caching them, I put some bologna and muffins by the window. Soon it was collecting three pieces of bologna and a muffin in one mouthful to go cache. I’m glad to see him back. RC and her son River put in a brief appearance when I wasn’t by the camera.

Overlook
Overlook

A good trip and a good return. It was hard to get back to work, though, with so many memories of Butch and the adventures we had growing up like brothers. In the funeral service, I felt honored when the pastor related a story Butch often told of a bear adventure he had with me. I’m thankful for the memories.

And I’m thankful for all YOU do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #27476 on: October 10, 2023, 05:15:09 AM »

hi you guys its 37 here 38 in ice 51 in kviv and 52 in the barn update pictures so good sad for dr rogers to lose his friend but nice he got to go to his funeral and visit family see all the wildlife and really nice saw his fox when he got back home. no place like home.

joho i read till i saw mary stopped reading. you really should go back to june and read your post about this woman. seems you go on more about this loss than you did joans. talk about goals you had for her a grown woman goals to me are what kids set and parents help them reach those goals not a grown woman.  no means no. like you were on the edge of stalking her and that is wrong. she should watch which men friends she holds hands with. if she does not want to call cable company her business not yours. she has a son you said so we know she is not the virgin mary she has sister she has friends she has plenty of people to help her if she wants it. maybe you should be a tourist guide around there show people stuff or just show new stuff to your grands.

hi neva now this war with israel   :(

i got to pick up groceries very soon go to harps then unload all of it.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/A4055D5094DE

calihoula

« Reply #27477 on: October 10, 2023, 10:05:16 AM »

hi joho still unloading stuff lots of stuff im sorry to have said all that if she fired you you really need to move on you cannot make someone care for you or be with you. my friend rachel just turned 80 when she lost her walt years ago many years ago she used a match maker deal thru that she foind her merv who passed away recently but she had many happy years with him too he was looking she was looking match common interest if not interested move on
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #27478 on: October 10, 2023, 05:40:19 PM »

Two Fish ...  25:20    91°  (3:29 pm)   Clear, sunny and a slight breeze.

I hope that the day has gone well with everyone so far.

Cal   The news from Israel is painful to see and hear of.  It was always a possibility.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2023, 02:21:39 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

neva

« Reply #27479 on: October 11, 2023, 02:26:08 PM »

I hope all is going well.  It's 92° here, nice and sunny.
(J.W. Stephens)