Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1122422 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27480 on: October 11, 2023, 03:51:25 PM »

I am ok Neva. Debbie will come over soon for dinner.  I hope Cal is ok too. I miss her, and her updates and puzzles and dog shames. 
GBU my friends and GB Ukraine and now Israel too.  God Please help us to learn to get along.  There is too much suffering in the Earth.

johoward

« Reply #27481 on: October 11, 2023, 07:53:00 PM »

Debbie just left.  What a good daughter. We had an excellent dinner.  She ate a lot, and said it was all good.  We reviewed all the elections, and how to vote.  We will go to early voting on the 17th at 4:30.
She showed me a video of Aunt Shannon and Odin putting eggs into a big steel mixing bowl.  Odin had a little trouble cracking his egg, but finally hit it on the edge hard enough to crack open, and dump into the bowl.  He was obviously gagging while the egg dripped slowly out of the shell into the bowl.  Then as he was leaning over the bowl to be sure no shells went in,  all of a sudden Aunty Shannon cracked an egg on his forehead.
  He was shocked!  He was stunned!  Then he burst out with the loudest laugh I ever heard from him.  It was hilarious.  He is just too cute I tells you.
Where you at Cal.  Hope you are OK.  I am.
Good night Neva.  You too phantom Cal. GBU

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27482 on: October 12, 2023, 07:33:52 AM »

hi you guys i had really bad tooth pains dentist on wed early  tuesday i went to harps and was looking for oral gel this woman she was near me i asked her do you know where that might be she looked and looked she did not work there so i went back to tooth stuff kept looking on top shelf but drop my eyes right there in front of me i told her i found her she said was it right in front of me i laughed said yes. she asked when i would see my dentist i said tomorrow only one more day to get thru she ask who was my dentist told her and he is down in the city she said long ways to drive but i said yes but he was worth it and he is. i told her dr westman was and he died at the airport going on a family vacation i told her people came from warrensburg to see him very very long ways. so got to dentist and so hard to get around oh i went to the dentist on monday but dr platte was out gone that day i saw dr perriman and my little tooth on the bottom off to the side had broke off i thought crown or fix it but it was full of cavity and he said by the time got all that be no tooth left i said oh no what of an implant and he said be a candidate for that he said he would give me a referral to dr foster really i said well i go see him next month on the 20th for this injury implant  he told me to give him that referral then or take it by earlier but he is way on up the highway do it when i go see him and this will be new implant insurance will  help pay if ford does not go out on strike very stressful worrying about that. just told louisville ky truck plant to strike  so i said what about this upper tooth by empty implant spot he said dr platte already has a treatment plan for it come back wed so i went back and platte took off cavity on one side and some on other side middle in great shape he said prep it for crown i got a temp and crown in two weeks. all this dental work. so i was behind on my chores getting home trying to hurry and i fell again in the barn been a year since i did that i had a can of cat food in my pocket for maybe and i fell on my left side not on my face but that cat food can really dug into my hip but could of be worse so i paid more attention to my actions. jim been helping me when he gets home he knows i am behind and i have a time  yesterday he came in my room and he asked what to feed sweetness and mr kitty and i was getting ready to go in my closet and feed the mom cat and kittens he had not seen them since he helped trapped them he looked in and mom hisses at him she was upset and all the boys howled cried ran up on my hanging clothes got up on my top shelf stuff falling howling moaning so i told him do not go in there jim what if you got sick or worse well then go in there then but not till then. so i cant get stuff fix cant get my knees looked at or anything just dentist really. took me awhile to get them kittens well grown cats now to come back down this morning they are good again. i tell you i am just over whelmed at times and stressed out. so may be days that i will not be here. got to pick my animals care first

gb ukraine and isreal gb all animals an gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/86055D5C8508?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27483 on: October 12, 2023, 08:21:03 AM »

5:40 OK Cal. You are forgiven for not checking in. LOL 
Sounds like you are nearing your limits in several ways.  I am so sorry. 
Lord please help our friend Cal to manage all that she has taken on.  Help her enjoy the new bear cams at least a little.  She will need your help this winter to get around .  So again Lord, please help her.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #27484 on: October 12, 2023, 05:13:33 PM »

Bike/Stone Wall ...  39:11      84°  (2:20  pm)   "Mostly sunny".  It's quite windy as well.

I hope that everyone is having a decent day so far.

Cal    You certainly have your hands full.  A lot going on.  Take the best care of you that you can, don't worry about us, we will be here and you are in our prayers, Cal.

Joho    I am glad to hear that all is well with you.  Your dinner with Debbie sounded lovely.  You have a good family.
Our ballots just arrived in the mail today, I will get on that right away.  Take good care of yourself and stay happy.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #27485 on: October 12, 2023, 06:24:42 PM »

hi  you guys im all done in my room yes joho god i could use a little help walking comes to mind you has nice dinner with your debbie your family is great nevas is too so is alices my cats in here fighting  :( if i got to get up its one big old black cat meanie sookies only kid left he is old but likes to walk up to the screamers they growl and scream. getting ready for chiefs here at arrowhead and alice taylor swift is here alice is a swifty  :) local news in chiefs parking lot tail gating wind is high like 30 mph some gust 40 mph saying might impact game but tail gaters had their tents and men wearing bronco jerseys holding tent poles up bronco fan said we know we cant root for our team here so helping out holding tent poles kick off an hour away he said i hope to watch first quarter but got it on record im pretty tired what is the voting you guys? neva how can i get a mail in ballot? i never got the dogs yard mowed grass not real high but storms coming i hope it rains help cattle dr platt has three huge grass carps and his pond just really low no rain he will move them to his friends big pond so they wont die cause he loves those carps old house i had three grass carp in winter i walked down to my pond broke ice with an axe hard to believe i did that now. Go Chiefs! jim said they snuck taylor in using a popcorn machine
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27486 on: October 12, 2023, 10:06:59 PM »

Hi EV1 Holly is on Pen 1 cam digging out the den. FYI

johoward

« Reply #27487 on: October 12, 2023, 10:09:19 PM »

Also you can see Tasha in the den on Pen 3 cam if you go full screen.
I love these new cams!

calhound

« Reply #27488 on: October 13, 2023, 04:49:48 AM »

hi you guys its 62 here rain on the way it says but been waiting for that rain for awhile 33 in ice 62 in kviv 66 in the barn i stayed up long enough to hear natl home of the chiefs saw taylor sitting with travis mom donna and pretty much went to sleep but i heard on the radio in the barn chiefs did win not by a landslide but a win. taylor will heading out for her world tour soon. i do not care for that shawn pres of uaw now he has a big ego and jim said you are not alone we hate him pretty soon we are going to gang up on him tell him you let us vote on new contract not have you decide. it is a union jim said lots lots lots not liking him wanting to vote on the new contract. said this guy wearing tshirts about hating the rich blah blah blah i sure do hope auto companies do not give them 4 days 32 hour week. ford given alot already really. what a mess like we need more of a mess. i feel bad for isreal and now they are blowing up everything all this talk about the horror well same horror ukraine faced and still facing.

hi joho no i do not have time to look at the bear cams maybe i can later today would really like to watch one.

hi neva hi alice

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/4C055D58F264?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27489 on: October 13, 2023, 09:32:49 AM »

5:11 on curves.  Good morning EV1. Another nice morning here by the South Shore.  53 at 10:17.  Got up late, because I was not able to sleep until very late.  Not sure why.  Just wide awake for several hours. Was weird.  I was sleepy when I laid down at about 1am, but then was wide awake for at least two hours.  Oh well I am fine now, and glad to be with you all.
I have seen more bear action in the last two days than I have seen since they started the reconstruction last Spring.
  I have yet to see any activity around the bat cam.  I am very curious what kind of action we may expect.  I think the bats are hibernators, because there is no food for them in cold weather.  I don't know how they can keep from freezing.  Maybe their blood changes to alcohol like some insects.  Or maybe they take turns being on the outer layer until cold.  Then diving into the pile for warmth.  like the bees.  Anyway, I think those bat houses are much bigger than they appear on the cam.  Some near me are at least 5 or 6 feet high and two feet thick.  There are, I think, a lot of bats in them.
OK now I will catch up on my cam review and let you all get back to your dailies.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine and Isreal.  God Help Us.

calihoula

« Reply #27490 on: October 13, 2023, 02:48:24 PM »

hi joho i think bats are so cool where is that bat cam? is it at bear cams? you was up late i got up when you went to sleep. windy here cool breeze still no rain but now saying it is still coming indy out so dont rain yet almost time for him to come in treat time my cousin matt in texas few years back he took a video of tons of bats all flying out from under a bridge i think it was cool i will look later see if i can find it. down in the city when i lived down there there was an observatory me boobie others went there at night and tons of bats flew out and around  boobie was scared so bad one on her head come on boobie lets go she was gone!  :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #27491 on: October 13, 2023, 05:41:27 PM »

watching david muir telling them poor people run for your life isreal hitting people had nothing to do with hamas many leaving in carts pulled by donkeys little mules  :( makes me sick said people got 24 hours to leave well the screamer going at it need to get down off my bed let that kid of sookies have it oh she shut up yay sitting on foot of my bed feet dangling down they are numb toes numb

neva

« Reply #27492 on: October 13, 2023, 06:10:49 PM »

Road Bend Sign ...  23:12    85°  (3:52 pm)   Sunny

I hope all is well for those that visit here.

Cal    I'm not sure what your states rules are about mail-in Ballots, but I did find this:
                   https://www.voteamerica.com/absentee-mail-ballot/missouri/     

Joho     I love bats too.  We have a bridge and some caves that are full of Mexican Bats, and they fly out like that, making quite a show. 
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27493 on: October 14, 2023, 04:47:48 AM »

Bears Have Feelings - UPDATE October 13, 2023

Red fox
Here at the WRI, a visit from nice, calm, 5-year-old Adam was a joy this evening after dark. He is the son of Vanna (Shadow, Blackheart, Dot, Vanna, Adam).

But the most engaging interactions through the day have been at the Bear Center where Lucky and Holly showed their feelings for each other by sharing a den. ‘Eyes of the Night’ spotted them just after midnight this morning and spied on them as they were lying outside Den One. Might they den together? Holly did some raking while Lucky rested nearby. Holly entered the den at 12:30 AM and lied down facing out. Lucky walked back and forth outside, making ‘Eyes’ wonder what he was going to do. Then, at 12:37 AM, Lucky slowly walked to the den, turned around, began raking, and slowly backed into it on the left side as you look at it. Holly moved over a little to make room for him, and ‘Eyes’ could see their eye shine as they rested snuggled together.

This morning with Holly and Lucky still in the den, I drove there for a look, not thinking to bring a camera. Darn. There they were, with their heads near the entrance facing each other with the tips of their noses maybe four inches apart. They looked very content to be with each other. Both raised their heads briefly when they heard Scott and me but immediately went back to how they were.

It made me wonder how much they care for each other, wanting to be together now after all these years as they seem to be calling 2023 a year. The gate to their enclosure has been open a lot so that they could decide for themselves whether or not to den together. Seeing them looking so comfortable as close as they were, I believe they have made that decision. We’ll see what happens over the next few days.

Tasha, in Den Three, responded the same with a quick look and back to oblivion.

20231013 Blue jay
Blue jay

Here at the WRI, a blue jay provided color by day and the red fox provided excitement after dark as he posed chewing and then looking eye to eye. Thank you, fox.

Red fox
Red fox

Sharon’s Bear News from October 7 shows the three bears still up and about with many good pictures.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #27494 on: October 14, 2023, 05:02:28 AM »

hi you guys its 51 real windy still and few sprinkles rain to come now they said between 7-9 am maybe came out so i will have to get her back in before the rain its 31 in ice 38 in kviv and 60 in the barn did not see any raccoonies when i went out this morning in the barn was my one possum i think a girl she was up on the hay looking at me i threw her some cookies she loves those cookies filled up dog pans with dog food fed maybe sweets indy more cookies to birds mice more to possum more to indy sweets cleaned up poop  filled bucket with water filled up raccoonie water bowl possum she was down on the ground i threw her more cookies she got a drink oh here come the raccoonies running late

hi neva thank you for that ballot info thank you for your time on that. sure would be a help for me to be able to just do that parking lot now where i have to vote is gravel and looks like i got to walk a ways  miss old voting place that maintence building all paved and pull right up to the door.  now its at that church and i swear if one person there bugs me to join i will tell jim and he will report that.

hi joho love the update today and all the talk about lucky and holly hope tasha is not lonely

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/CB055D5609EB