Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1122726 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27435 on: September 30, 2023, 05:10:55 AM »

hi you guys its 68 here 43 in ice 79 in kviv 32 in yellowknife NWT canada 70 in the barn hot one again today next wed be in the 80,s with some rain maybe

hi neva oh scout and family are red headed turkey vultures and do not act like that at all. wait for something dead always. all of the tvs around here like scout. guess the black headed ones have little or no patience. i saw on the weather channel showing below average cool temp not here but vegas and in some mountains maybe even some snow. i watch this show ice pilots it was on one of the weather channels about When the ice and cold of a brutal Arctic winter cuts off some extreme northern communities from the rest of Canada, they rely on Buffalo Airlines to keep them supplied with food and other necessities. Flying vintage World War II propeller aircraft that most other airlines have long since given up, `Buffalo' Joe McBryan and his crew of daring pilots brave ice storms, forest fires, treacherous landings and dangerous trans-Atlantic travel to serve as a lifeline to the communities `north of 60'. It's an important role, but a threatened one, given the state of the economy, the dwindling supply of specialty aircraft fuel and the cost of maintaining vintage planes.

so i googled its weather and it was 32 there and it was 44 during the day 32 at night. coldest captial in canada i know i really like billy crystal your right not see him anymore hope he is okay. i googled him and wrote some books i will check it out at my library on my ipad
What is Billy Crystal doing now?
He's now written nine books including Still Foolin' 'Em: Where I've Been, Where I'm Going, and Where the Hell Are My Keys? and children's books including I Already Know I Love You and Grandpa's Little One. Still Foolin' Em is a memoir of sorts, with some comedy thrown in. Would you expect anything less?

hi joho! tayor swift her swifties are buy chiefs ticket to sundays game jets.

gb ukraine and saw on world news stupid russian people oh putin is doing right getting back our land gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/97055D5B4E5B?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

neva

« Reply #27436 on: September 30, 2023, 05:18:59 PM »

Snow Chairs ...  25:18     97°  (1:50 pm)   Sunny, clear and quite windy.

I hope things are going well for everyone.

Cal     The Turkey Vultures we have out here, we call Buzzards.  They are dark brown, and as far as I am aware don't seem to be that aggressive..  thankfully.  I've been out in the desert many times and haven't even seen one up close.  They are usually flying, very high up and very gracefully.    'Ice Pilots' sounds like a good show.  I used to watch one about 'Ice Truckers'.  Equally fascinating. 

Hi Joho ... 
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27437 on: October 01, 2023, 05:21:15 AM »

hi you guys its 63 here 51 in ice 60 in kviv and 42 in yellowknife 65 in the barn. i really like the full moon been having back as soon as i went out last week i said oh yay moon is back i can see all over at 3 am

hi neva i googled your vultures and you have like scout red headed ones but said you also have the black headed ones Black Vultures primarily eat carrion, but unlike most other vultures, they are known to kill animals to feed on fresh meat. It’s not uncommon for them to prey on living skunks, opossums, and livestock, such as baby pigs, calves, and lambs. and your third one is california condor largest one by far California Condors have exceptional gliding abilities, riding thermals at almost no energy expenditure, they can soar up to nearly 15,000 feet (4,600 meters) high. The frontline of their wings are almost entirely straight, and the “finger-feathers” on the wingtips allow them to be extremely sensitive to thermals. They can spot a meal at great distances and have been known to fly 150 miles (240 km) in a single search for food.

These vultures can gulp down up to 4 lbs (1.81 kg) of food in a single sitting! After a meal this big, they may not need to eat for a week

have you ever seen onw? have you seen a black headed vulture?  ice truckers sound good too i watched a heavy rescue or something like that when big rigs run off icy road highway big tow trucks come get them out.

hi alice oh i am sure taylor and travis will end and she will write a song about him

hi joho!

gb ukraine  gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/5F055D56FC28?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #27438 on: October 01, 2023, 09:17:56 AM »

neva i saw earlier on weather channel 66 for you
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27439 on: October 01, 2023, 10:33:43 AM »

6:10 Oh Well!
Just taking a day off today.  I will try to find some football to fill the afternoon.
Debbie is babysitting Bash so that Mary and Matt can go tom the Brown's game in Cleveland.
So it was good to see you two here.  Talking about all my my favorite shows. Ice Truckers, Heavy hauling in Canada, Ice pilots in Alaska. and I would add Mountain Men , The last Alaskans, and Life Below Zero to these too.  On Friday I look forward to the gold miners stories with the teenage billionaire Parker Schnabel, and his cohorts and competitors.  When these are not on I look for some of the excellent programming on my two PBS channels.
 My all time go to favorite is the Weather channel.  When it is broke or when we are being held hostage by Spectrum I am a loss.
  I did go see my sister and her boy friend.  I got her autograph on ten books to send to Doc. Judy, and the best WRI Bear coursers ever. I just need some addresses.  I will try to call Judy Thon for help distributing.
Now I will take a break befoere the big games start.  CUL EV1 GBU amnd GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #27440 on: October 01, 2023, 11:23:31 AM »

hi joho i just came in from barn indy went out at 8 am i went to get him at little before ten jim was heading there said he is not ready to come back in well where is he by corral oh he is ready i went in the barn jim opened that door i yelled indy come on boy and here he came. going to be hot hot but the farm said next sunday high 60's low 40's   :) i love the weather channel too my go to. this week i get some free channels got magnifient seven on now steve mcqueen he just shot a man second story window meeting with men telling steve yul turn that rig around shot his gun outta his hand do not mess with yul or steve i like pbs too lots of football today i already got chiefs jets game ready to record i will fall asleep i broke off one of my little bottom teeth rats now have to dr platte monday rats was eating cheeseits i know to eat one at all time real easy but i bought some hot n spicy ones they were too and so good i was starving crammed handful in my mouth crunch crunch oh no
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27441 on: October 01, 2023, 04:35:48 PM »

Oh no !  I hate tooth problems, because they make it so hard to eat. My favorite activity. LOL
Yes! The Weather Channel Rules!
 Go Chiefs!
This is a lonely day.  I am kind of sad, because I think a good friend is being used, and I can't even warn her.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27442 on: October 01, 2023, 05:21:28 PM »

hi joho jim just showed me what text came on his phone a escape convict on the run was spotted two miles from us picture of him picture of truck he is driving down the road where i turn off onto hwy to go to walmart. i said well that was almost an hour ago felon must of drove on not just sitting there what is with all these crooks my window ac not working right so its not ice i put my tv on local news just showed sheriff caught escapee! he threaten to shoot i think people crossing the border ??? joho leave it be i know stupid tooth cant eat this or that in my room big meanie boy looking at the screamer gotta go go chiefs!

calihoula

« Reply #27443 on: October 01, 2023, 05:26:37 PM »

news showing chiefs at jets field sports guy saying you can see a sea of red lots of chiefs fan there and sitting right up by field too

johoward

« Reply #27444 on: October 01, 2023, 09:22:22 PM »

I am enjoying the Chiefs game. GO CHIEFs!

calhound

« Reply #27445 on: October 02, 2023, 05:07:37 AM »

hi you guys its 65 here 39 in yellowknife NWT 46 in ice 61 in kviv and 70 in the barn.

hi joho i fell asleep but woke up and saw the last part yay chiefs! taylor sure wears some bright red lipstick.  looked like christmas at the game red and green. 

hi neva!

gb ukraine gb all animals gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/26055D585A6D?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27446 on: October 02, 2023, 07:23:02 AM »

5:31
Good morning EV1.
Foot doctor soon.  So can't stay.
Nice foggy morning.  56 degrees now at 8:21.
I am fine. Hope you are too.
Bye now GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #27447 on: October 02, 2023, 12:56:24 PM »

neva

« Reply #27448 on: October 02, 2023, 04:22:35 PM »

Snowman Black ...  32:58     83°  wow!  (2:14 pm)   Sunny, clear and breezy.   

I hope all is well with all of you.  I'm okay.

Cal   I knew that they had introduced the big California Condors in the Grand Canyon area decades ago, but I had no idea about us having the black, aggressive ones.  The only ones that I ever remember seeing are the ones that fly so high and so gracefully.  They are wonderful to watch.  We have some big hawks too. ... and Golden Eagles and Bald eagles from about Phoenix on up, and here, occasionally.  I need to do some reading on them.

That's a cute Corgi trying to sleep in the table.   

Joho     I hope your doctor visit goes well.   
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27449 on: October 03, 2023, 05:03:13 AM »

More than 100 people are searching for a nine-year-old girl who went missing while camping Saturday evening in Upstate New York.
Charlotte Sena was camping in Moreau Lake State Park with her family when she decided to go out on a bike ride with her friends around dinnertime
'She's all of our daughters': Governor vows to find missing NY girl
02:15
CNN
 —
Charlotte Sena, the 9-year-old girl who went missing while on a camping trip at a New York state park two days ago, has been found safe and a suspect has been detained, authorities said Monday evening.

Before she was found, Charlotte’s parents received a ransom note at their home, New York Gov. Kathy Hochul told CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Monday evening.

At a late-night news conference, the governor outlined the meticulous work by authorities after they found the note – and the crucial piece of evidence that led to a break in the case.

Hochul said the break in the case came around 4:20 a.m. ET Monday when the suspect drove to Charlotte’s parents home and put a ransom note in the mailbox.

“He literally drove up to the family’s mailbox assuming they were not home,” Hochul said, adding Charlotte’s parents were still at the campground searching for their daughter.

The family’s home was being monitored by state police, but the officers had been sent to another call in the area when the suspect dropped off the note. Police tested the document for fingerprints and searched law enforcement databases to see if they could find a match.

On their second try, they got back results identifying fingerprints left on the note belonged to 47-year-old Craig Nelson Ross, Jr., the governor said.

Investigators were able to determine Ross was living in a camper behind his mother’s residence and used two SWAT teams to make entry. “They had what they call a dynamic entry tactical maneuver, and within the camper they located the suspect,” said Hochul.

Police say he resisted being taken into custody and sustained minor injuries. They found Charlotte hidden in a cabinet in the camper, Hochul said. “She knew she was being rescued,” the governor said. “She knew she was in safe hands.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 05:16:02 AM by calhound »