Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1122537 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27450 on: October 03, 2023, 05:14:50 AM »

hi you guys it is 65 here 45 in ice 67 in kviv 70 in the barn suppose to start cooling down tomorrow with rain by sunday low might be in the 30's ! i saw on the news awhile ago they found that 9 year old girl what good news! i hope they put that creep away for life so he cant do it again cause most of the time they do!

hi joho hope your foot is okay what did you go for? i did not call dentist yesterday but will i know i have another cavity dr foster saw it when i saw him about my implant replacement which got a deal from dental insurance and they do not cover it only one implant for lifetime. well i was trying to get that hay back to pearl  chiefs won that jet game but it was not a great win i know a win is a win

hi neva yes you got the thugs too. they do look good way up in the sky nothing is more graceful than tv's riding the wind. i got an eagle that flies by now and then from crooked river and i got a big red tail hawk she raises her young close by teaches it to fly right in indys back pasture. she is a screamer.

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E3055D4FCAD0?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27451 on: October 03, 2023, 10:58:08 AM »

5:00 Got up late today.  Been extra tired lately.  Don't know why.  Just old I guess.
  No plans for this week at all until Saturday evening.  Debbie and I will go to a community clam bake. We are looking forward to this traditional Autumn feast.  It was costly to say the least. $43 for each bake plus $12 for one chowder and $12 for an extra dozen clams.  So $110 for dinner for two.  I sure hope she likes it.
Looks like a nice week for weather around here.  I will ride my bike some.  I am back to doing things on my own as I have for the last few years.  Yesterday I took a ride to Valley City just to get a milkshake in a small restaurant on the main street. This place is called "The Chill and Grille" of Valley City, Ohio.  I like them, and want to do what I can to keep them in business.  The wait is never long here, and the food, especially the French fries, is good.
I know it is important to support these small family owned eateries.  Sadly, one of my other small town favorites in Berlin Heights, Ohio was out of business the last time I went there.  It was a nice little family place where school kids came after school to meet and read together. Now like so many others, it is gone. 
Well That is it for now.  Bye EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27452 on: October 03, 2023, 12:37:30 PM »

hi joho well poor clams we will have nice weather sunday i think i hope a freeze so does penny one freeze she will be off pred i got groceries this morning then walked harps came home unloaded tons of milk frozen stuff called dentist i got a big cavity on side of tooth next to where that implant was big hole so i told them broke little one on bottom big hole cavity on top i go next monday at 9:30 am i feel like big problems for my teeth but if so has to be fixed i need to mows dogs yard but im pooped rain tonight morning but may mow in morning if not raining. when jim got new truck fixed from hitting it with gravel while mowing i rode to collision bobs then drove new truck home it was not done yet bob was washing it we went down the road to little ice cream place no food just drinks ice cream no going in just little place hard ice cream i got a strawberry shake best i ever had. wish that place was closer jim got a vanilla cone collison bob was eying jims cone i think that too help those little business
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #27453 on: October 03, 2023, 02:31:50 PM »

Lily the Black Bear
  ·
BearStudy is still down. Dr. Rogers wrote an update, still waiting to post it. Here is an excerpt from it....
Tomorrow (Tuesday Oct. 3), Donna and I are going to Grand Rapids, Michigan to remember an old life-long buddy Donald Marshall Hulbert who was like a brother. He moved in next door when we were both six. We grew up together and never lost touch. He was a leader of the neighborhood, so we’ll probably see a lot of my old buddies at his funeral. He is the second of my three life-long buddies to pass on. We’ll also see family and my one remaining life-long buddy.
On the way back, we’ll join some friends to explore habitats and see wildlife in a big bear sanctuary they are creating in a big wilderness area.
Altogether, it could be a week of missing the bears we know. I hope the website is back up by then so we can write updates as usual.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #27454 on: October 03, 2023, 04:22:56 PM »

Desert Fountain ...  21+  lost it when I lost post this morning  8+ am.   /  83°  (1:27 pm) Sunny, clear and windy.

I hope all are well.

Hi Cal    I had no idea we had the 'Thugs' here.  I remember many decades ago when they introduced the huge California Condors to the Grand Canyon area because they were endangered in California.  I'd love to see one of those. 

Hi Joho     I think adjustment to seasonal weather changes, temps and all make us a bit tired for a while, as we do adjust.  Being older adds to it, but don't give up on going out and doing things. 
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27455 on: October 03, 2023, 04:42:15 PM »

hi neva feeding my office cats mr kitty and sweetness petting them i would love to see one of your condors too. and see it flying low like scout does see its eyes that would be so cool.  looks like the thugs are all over i am happy i have never saw them around here.  i heard on the radio china taking back the big pandas at some zoo lease so to speak is up and no they are not renewing it and only one or two left and that lease is up next year and yes china taking them back too not renewing lease. i have watched panda cam over there and looks like they take really good care of them. how could you not love a panda well putin cant but he is not human weather does make us tired heat is tiring for me going in a cold bedroom and laying down covers and cali against me and cats all over and penny and brownie near by or on the bed too tv blaring away night last night cali she like dreams she is running and hits me in the back over and over on an off all night long penny got sick of it got off the bed but i rode it out. kitchen coyottees going at it looking for me i gotta go
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #27456 on: October 04, 2023, 05:10:14 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here rainy 45 in ice 64 in kviv and 66 in the barn. saw speaker of the house rep got kicked out no one else wanted that job back when and he yes he worked with dem omg stop the gov shut down our military for one still getting paid. i bought some great value stuffing in a box use to be .50 now it is .88 but made it for the dogs penny been acting like she is starving i gave her more dog food dry and i put can cat food on top of the dogs food one can three ways so made this stuffing in a cool whip bowl dogs love it. one bowl for two feedings a day a great value yesterday i made up two bowls sitting on counter for a minute went to get dry dog food came in and saw one bowl hay where is the other bowl full of stuffing well there it is behind the kitchen table all ate up even a tooth mark on the lid had a time getting back behind there too table up against back wall and window. penny you know anything about this i swear girl someday when you go to heaven god himself will say OMG

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/9B055D599F0D?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #27457 on: October 04, 2023, 02:03:00 PM »

hay wheres our little brownie?

johoward

« Reply #27458 on: October 05, 2023, 02:33:36 AM »

7:03 too sleepy at 3 30 am. 
Went deer viewing last evening.  Saw a lot of them very close up to the car. Some are very tiny, but spots are gone.  Seems sad that so many are on their own now.  The mom's are going off with bucks for next years crop of babies.
 They are eating lots and lots of acorns.  There seems to be a real bumper crop of nuts around here right now, and mosquitoes too.  Can't leave the car window down for long.
Well will try to go back to sleep for a while.  Not much going on today, but I did tell Debbie I would take Odin fishing later.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #27459 on: October 05, 2023, 04:44:30 AM »

RC, River, an Old Buddy, and a Trip - UPDATE October 2, 2023

Bears Donna with Greg and Mr. Marlys - photo by Carolyn Q.
RC and River stopped by when it was still light. River is 116 pounds now. It is currently 8:32 PM and dark with no bears. I suspect others will come overnight. In the driveway today, this deer calmly watched Paula snap a picture of him against a beautiful background of red maple leaves that are yellow.

Deer in the driveway Paula M
Deer in the driveway - photo by Paula M.

Tomorrow, Donna and I are going to Grand Rapids, Michigan to remember an old life-long buddy Donald Marshall Hulbert who was like a brother. He moved in next door when we were both six. We grew up together and never lost touch. He was a leader of the neighborhood, so we’ll probably see a lot of my old buddies at his funeral. He is the second of my three life-long buddies to pass on. We’ll also see family and my one remaining life-long buddy.

On the way back, we’ll join some friends to explore habitats and see wildlife in a big bear sanctuary they are creating in a big wilderness area.

Altogether, it could be a week of missing the bears we know. I hope the website is back up by the time I return so we can write updates as usual. (it is, and came back online Oct. 4 at 5:30pm)

Elsewhere in the community, Carolyn says 23-year-old Donna looks ready to call it a year, but her cubs won’t let her yet. That’s the situation we commonly see this time of year.

At the Bear Center, Sharon gave big bunches of leaves to each bear today so they can start lining their dens. She also posted good pictures of the three bears in her latest ‘Sharon’s Bear News’ https://bear.org/bear-news-september-30-2023/. Seeing that makes me thankful for the great, dedicated team we have at the Bear Center and here at the WRI and all that everyone does for bears, research, and education.

Thank you for all you do. See you again in a week or so. Whoops, its 8:52 PM, and the first of the night shift bears just arrived. I’m going to go say goodbye to him or her.

Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #27460 on: October 05, 2023, 04:58:02 AM »

hi you guys its 58 here 38 in ice 72 in kviv and 66 in the barn pics so good in update donna flaked out on table kids sitting at table mom mom mom sorry about dr rogers losing life long friend i know what that feels that

hi joho that is sad about little deer on their own like little bears hate family break ups.  you are or were up real early i was working in the barn when you posted have fun with odin today i sure do like his name. i have a cat named odie. i am going to try to change out my window ac in a bit. it suppose to get cold this weekend but they keep raising the temp some and next week back to higher temp.our old house had tons of trees with acorns hazel nuts black walnuts when my mom came over she picked tons of them to take back with her to feed her squirrels. skeeters are bad my swallows are gone went south for the winter when they were here no skeeters see few dragon flies skeeter bit me right next to my left eye on the very corner but now it is finally going back down.

hi neva

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/96055D572509

johoward

« Reply #27461 on: October 05, 2023, 07:21:51 AM »

5:19  My second start to the day.
Can't stay.  Gonna go see Odin , Bash, and Debbie soon.  Will take Odin wherever he wants to go.  Bash can go along next year maybe.
Supposed to rain, but I don't care.  We will still go.  Just take a towel.
OK now pills and coffee and cereal waiting.  So CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #27462 on: October 05, 2023, 02:15:45 PM »

hi joho hope it did not rain for you guys yes bash if not now next year i had stuffing mix in two bowls did not add hot water yet went to let cali in my now very cool bedroom she got on the ottoman and then bed ac blows right on you in the bed she went right to sleep i cant wait to lay down later came back in the kitchen penny got bowl of dry stuffing off counter behind table eating fast. jim has someone to work on his F150 gets hot quits needs lots of stuff tomorrow i will follow him to mans place up north drop it off take new ranger he left to get gas in it hope it starts back up maybe i should go to barn now

calhound

« Reply #27463 on: October 06, 2023, 05:01:42 AM »

hi you guys its 46 here 45 in ice 60 in kviv and 60 in the barn.  i was watching the middle of the world news with david muir yesterday and i had to change it. trump offered to be speaker of the house for rep trump telling our nuke sub secrets to billionaire pratt he told many who told many then putin putting the killing on ukraine people my room was ice cold in the middle of night had to put another blanket over me   :) today uaw president may hit more striking all kinds of people going on strike.  ups started it and it got settled pretty darn fast too.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/44055D582DFD?z=0

gb urkraine gb all animals and gb all of us

« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 05:03:41 AM by calhound »

johoward

« Reply #27464 on: October 06, 2023, 08:25:38 AM »

7:36 Cool and nice this morning.  May ride today.  Had a good day with Odin.  Will try to send texts with his proud catch on my phone.  He really liked going to the park with me.  He was leery of the taller geese he wanted to feed, but he seemed to get over the fear pretty well. He finally let them take the food from his hand.  He did pull his hand back pretty quick though.
 I did not get many pics with the geese and him.  He was too active climbing and hopping around. I wanted to show him my favorite picture of his Dad, Brian, feeding the geese in the same park years ago when Brian was Odin's age, but I can't find the pic.
Almost 9:30 here.  60 degrees and calm.  Need to go out soon just to ride around.
Congress is a joke.  The world is laughing at us. God help us.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine