Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1122761 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27420 on: September 27, 2023, 12:51:37 PM »

hi joho yay to you! jim makes grill cheese sandwiches and tomato soup and like joan he uses milk too. you will probably use that gallon of milk i buy two half gallons for kittens two gallons for jim one half gallon skim for me i read my monthly magazine missouri conservation from our coop electric which oct is electric month and read why our coop does not raise rates no peak hour charge crud like others do one lady wrote peak hours 4-8 pm so after working all day come home to be hot cant do laundry etc we even get a check back here and there but i read black vultures in missouri are killing thugs i was shocked awful i will scan it and put it here so you guys can read it. i never saw one just red head ones. but if i saw them going after a mom cow giving birth i would get the gator and run them off or a new little calf or anything wth vultures  yes gb joans soul
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #27421 on: September 27, 2023, 05:59:27 PM »

joho i dont think i bought enough milk jim stopped at price chopper got big fat man pack of iced cinnamon rolls and ate half of them drank almost a gallon of milk and he will finish them off tonight drink rest of that gallon start on one of two gallons i got. wanted it to last till next tuesday he will get in the kittens milk they got the two half gallons i used some of it awhile ago. if i lived close to town they walmart harps too would deliver it but i dont and really would not want people seeing what all we got. jim may have to get milk hi addie my addie cat up next to me im sitting at foot of my bed getting ready to lay down

hi alice i am watching hgtv married to real estate no david muir tonight

hi neva see all the news you missed  :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #27422 on: September 27, 2023, 06:17:06 PM »

Scrabble ...  43:58    102°  (2:55 pm )    Sunny, clear, and breezy.

Cal    What are the "thugs" that the black vultures are killing?     

Joho    You sound better today.    My mother used to make our tomato soup with milk.  I haven't done that in years, but it is good that way.

There's not a lot going on around here at the moment.  Soon enough the new baby will get here, and that is what my daughter is waiting for, her first grandchild.  Counting the new one, that will make five great grandchildren for me.   I have been spending some time looking at baby things on Amazon.  It will be fun doing a bit of shopping for this little one.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27423 on: September 28, 2023, 04:59:33 AM »

An Unusual Interaction - UPDATE September 27, 2023

Bear and Jay
 Bear and Jay    Bear and Jay
A couple weeks ago Carolyn photographed a non-clan adult female interacting with a blue jay in a way I’ve never seen. Finding the jay at the bear’s feeding spot, the bear sniffed with eyes and ears focused on the jay. The bear went ahead with eating the sunflower seeds she came for. The jay, instead of moving away, sat tight. Carolyn said the bear even moved closer to the bird’s side. The chipmunk that appeared briefly paid little attention to the situation. It filled its cheeks and hurried off to its hole to store the food for winter. Carolyn discovered that a bear and a chipmunk were not enough to scare the blue jay, but when she moved closer, the jay flew away. Her pictures tell the story.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #27424 on: September 28, 2023, 05:11:21 AM »

hi you guys its 60 here 46 in ice 76 in kviv 65 in the barn what a cool update today! pictures are priceless see people black bears are sweet nice you mess with one of its cub you be in trouble as should be.

hi neva no no the black vultures are the thugs and i will go get my mo conservation magazine and scan that off black headed vultures are doing bad stuff how cool neva another great grand is it a boy or girls or do you not know yet? what are your other grands?

hi joho!

hi alice hoping for good news

gb urkaine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/3D055D5994CB?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #27425 on: September 28, 2023, 07:12:31 AM »

hi neva i found it my missouri conservation it does not say they hurt the black vultures if they harm your animal or worse but do an autopsy  give reimbursement for your animals i have never heard of anyone around here with this problem but like i said if i saw a group of black vultures (thugs) doing that to an animal gator or my 4 wheeler release the hounds

johoward

« Reply #27426 on: September 28, 2023, 10:49:15 AM »

5:07 I am fine today.  Will see Debbie for lunch and maybe dinner.  Tomorrow I will see sister Patty and get some books signed for the bear coursers and Doc.  Cousin Tammy may join us.  I hope she does.
Nice coolish day here along the lake. Only 57 degrees at 11:41.  I think I heard it raining a few minutes ago, but I did not look out yet. Was trying to finish the puzzle in good time.
 Thanks Cal.  Also thanks for Black vulture info.  That is pretty scarry behavior for what I always thought was a patient scavenger.
What a clear vision of how to just get along the picture of the bear, chipmunk, and jay shows us. When we provide plenty there is no conflict.  This would work everywhere for everyone. Cul EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #27427 on: September 28, 2023, 02:28:51 PM »

hi joho yay you are fine and going or already went to a family lunch yay hope cousin tammy showed up you got nice weather kinda warm here going to get warmer by weekend our generac generator yellow flashing light instead of green yellow means maintenance time check oil jim will change oil spark plugs oil filter yes black vultures very scary poor animals they do that too but they are protected here in missouri too raptures i read you cant even yell at them be in trouble so i know good people check on their animals all the time run them vultures off people release the hounds tim does not check but me and jim do gator 4 wheeler tim has big dogs outside dogs penny would probably run away from them vultures be crying brownie would not cali would not i have never seen one around here never heard ronnie speak of one or justin or anyone really not seen one riding four wheeler or driving down to richmond. just scout and them just dead stuff yes plenty of food get along nothing should be hungry.

calihoula

« Reply #27428 on: September 28, 2023, 02:33:32 PM »

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (KCTV) - For the second straight week, Taylor Swift is expected to attend a Chiefs game.

The music superstar -- who has been rumored to be dating Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce -- is expected to attend Sunday night’s game between the Chiefs and New York Jets, according to Front Office Sports.

Swift attended the Chiefs’ Week 3 thumping of the Chicago Bears sitting next to Kelce’s mother, Donna, in the star’s Arrowhead Stadium suite.

Fox Sports, which cut to shots of Swift throughout Sunday’s broadcast, drew 24.3 million viewers for its telecast. That made Chiefs-Bears the most-watched NFL game on any channel in Week 3.

calihoula

« Reply #27429 on: September 28, 2023, 05:17:58 PM »

if taylor swift come to jet game and sunday night football be lots of swifties there cheering on the chiefs neva game on sunday night football night in america onNBC you can probably watch it!

neva

« Reply #27430 on: September 28, 2023, 05:54:18 PM »

Sweaters ...  18:55      100°   (1:58 pm)   Sunny, wispy clouds and windy. 

I hope your day is going well.

Cal    Well, I'm glad you aren't having any problems with those Black Vultures.  How awful!   ... and they are protected?  🫤
I too thought that they only went after the already dead, or dying creatures.  I guess they can't help being what they are, but I would hate to have to deal with them.  It would be tempting for me to handle it with a shotgun. (speaking as a younger me).

I have 5 kids (4 girls + 1 boy)   9 grandchildren - 2 are gone now.  I will have 5 great grandchildren when this next little boy is born in the next couple of weeks.   

Joho     It sounds like you are going to have a pretty nice day - or already did have it.  That is great.  That is good for any of us to know, that it is within our power to decide what kind of a day we are going to have. 

(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27431 on: September 29, 2023, 05:03:23 AM »

hi you guys its 63 here 40 in ice 77 in kviv and 70 in the barn

hi neva yes black vultures are protected but i would still run them off with my four wheeler gator or maybe let the hounds out if i got caught and had to pay a fine i would pay it mo conservation would use back to wildlife but be my word against those thugs it is not in me to sit by and watch that at all. i am sure others feel like you with the gun protecting their livestock ron owned almost 200 acres had lots of cows and some coyottees trying to get a baby calf mom cow beating the ground with her hoofs ron checked on his all the time on his 4 wheeler or gator he ran them off chased clean off his property he built a huge i mean huge barn and put them cows and kids up in there alot you have a nice big family. lucky you im so happy for you. almost time for new baby great grand son.   :)

hi joho! did you have lunch or dinner or both with your debbie?

https://youtu.be/6jnh3mB9_K0?si=1O6bs2jYZCuQaH6-

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/10055D52ECA3?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals gb all of us

johoward

« Reply #27432 on: September 29, 2023, 06:03:14 AM »

6:54 Rainy out this morning. Not too cold though. 63 degrees at only 6:50.  Rain to stop.
I did spend some time with Debbie yesterday.  Was nice to be with her.  We did not do much, just hung out.
 Today at 2 pm I will be with my sister patty.  She will sign ten of her books for me to send to the Bear Coursers.  Not sure yet if cousin Tammy can make it.  She said she would like to.  Maybe she can meet us a little later at Patty's in Berea Ohio at Coe Lake Park.  Patty's back patio door looks out onto this beautiful lake.
Time to go now.  So CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #27433 on: September 29, 2023, 12:38:47 PM »

hi joho i googled your sisters lake very pretty

neva

« Reply #27434 on: September 29, 2023, 05:20:57 PM »

Old Label ...  24:52     98°  (2:51 pm)    Sunny, clear skies and a lively breeze.

I hope the day is going as you hoped it would. 

Cal    Your Scout and his family don't aren't aggressive in the way that the black vultures are, are they?  The ones that we have out here don't seem to be either.   Gee, we don't see Billy Crystal around anymore.  Not in a while.

Joho    You sound good.  It's good that you still have your sister and some cousins to hangout with.  Treasure these times.
(J.W. Stephens)