Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1123097 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27390 on: September 22, 2023, 04:50:28 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here 39 in ice 76 in kviv and 71 in the barn very nice update good no sharpies got a blue jay. good to see rc and her kid. big kid too.  nice doc has plenty of food for all of them  thanks to our donations and thanks to field courses like one joho took!

hi neva i see where it is cooler at night middle of night but i still see high temp during the day some 100 i would have to have that cooler left on. what is fall temp like for you? how about winter? is your electric bill high mine was little under 400.00 last month but that is for cooling barn house elec to jims shop. all three so i do not think it is bad i save up for it know it is coming and have to be cool and barn has to be cool.

hi joho ford may strike more plants today if no agreement is made by noon well eleven here.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/84055D5411A9?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27391 on: September 22, 2023, 07:51:40 AM »

6:29 Second coffee getting cold.

Nice morning here again. 62 and mostly sunny.  I will bike a while today again.  My legs and back are very sore each morning.  This is new, and I don't like it.  So I will try more biking and walking to alleviate it.  One doctor offered me more rehab as an option.  I forget which one though. So I will try more action on my own.  I am afraid my hips are giving out.  They hurt when I walk.  I can't ignore them anymore.
Did not see anyone again yesterday.  Or go anywhere either.  I forgot my Debbie's 61 birthday, and had to ask forgiveness.  I blamed it on not knowing what the date was.  It was the 21st, but I thought all day that it was the 20th until she called me asking if I am all right. Yikes!
I better go now. CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine How did these lug nuts get into Washington?  How can we get them out? IYK

calihoula

« Reply #27392 on: September 22, 2023, 11:39:46 AM »

hi joho happy birthday to debbie you could make her a cake joho sorry your my kid but i did kinda forget your birthday my bad had days messed up i wonder that too on washington lug nuts i did not vote for them ford negotiated gave raises cola back job security not pensions yet but still working on that gm stellis gave nothing nothing so faine strikes on

The United Auto Workers expanded its strike against major automakers Friday, walking out of 38 General Motors and Stellantis parts distribution centers in 20 states.

Another 5,600 additional workers joined the strike on top of the 13,000 of the 146,000

members that began the strike one week ago.

Ford was spared additional strikes because the company has met some of the union’s demands during negotiations over the past week, said UAW President Shawn Fain.

jim and i watched it on ipad at ten am when it showed what all ford did so far jim said they wont strike us
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #27393 on: September 22, 2023, 05:25:18 PM »

Santa Rosalia ...  23:45   98°  (2:00 pm)   Sunny, a few wispy clouds and a bit of a breeze.

I hope all is well with all of you.

Hi Cal    My latest electric bill was  $131.71.  I would faint if I ever got a 400. one, but I understand the differences in my place and yours.  You are doing so much more than I am.  You have so much more space to take care of. 

Hi Joho     Everyone has forgetful moments now and then, I'm pretty sure you were forgiven.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27394 on: September 23, 2023, 05:16:21 AM »

hi you guys its 64 here 44in ice 77 in kviv and 70 in the barn saying  big bad thunderstorms possible tornados to hit today all along a line of states in midwest. guess drag out extension cord to the barn and hook up fan lights radio later. maybe jim could help me with that hard to do that using a walker i do it but maybe jim will help. heard pack of coyottes or foxes right behind propane tank earlier i was feeding cookies to my possum that was by the back door maybe came out with me when the howling started little possum got scared i yelled out and then it got quiet i put maybe back in the barn. she came in the garage yesterday and feral and coaly was in there and they ran up to her but she let them have it they ran back to their bed and stayed there. she checked out the whole garage she needs to come in there more i think. well first day of fall and storms does not feel like fall but some of my trees are changing color losing some leaves.

hi neva listen with it being over a 100 degrees when i got my bill i was pretty happy thought it would be like 500 and jim thought 600 so happy with the 4 it should go down next time oct 1 but then winter it will be more cause electric furnace in the barn i have it set on 50 in there in the winter but the house is propane and that is already paid for so will be cheaper this winter on electric. i would be thrilled with a 131.00 electric bill that is pretty good for your area. i am thrilled if mine has a one in front of it.

hi joho! i watched a really good movie last night knew i should not start watching it but i did i really like john lithgow The tommorrow man

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/18055D537155
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27395 on: September 23, 2023, 07:38:07 AM »

6:49   55 and sunny today.  Nice.  More bike ride.  Will take the C test this morning and let everyone know results. Mary is the only one to ask me to test.  When I told her it would be negative, because I am still well, she asked if I ever heard of being asymptomatic.  I have heard of that, but do not believe it applies to me.  Also, Bonnie, whom I visited is still well too.
OK now! All my morning stuff still waiting.  So here I go.  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #27396 on: September 23, 2023, 11:27:29 AM »

OK EV1! I tested negative.  So I am ready to get back out there.  Where is everyone?  Hi to all anyway.
I will start with a bike ride, then see what is next.  I think lunch.
  Mary said she is busy today, but we can get together tomorrow. Yay! I can't wait!  I hope she will take us to Frostville.  I want to catch up on my family history there.  I am to meet an historian. Plans are in motion.
Bye now. 

calihoula

« Reply #27397 on: September 23, 2023, 12:30:56 PM »

hi joho we let indy out at 8 am for his two hours i went to check on him at nine it was hot at little before ten jim said hail heading this way so i got indys grain got in gator oh indy running up to gate jim in coral with lead rope i drove up got out indy all sweaty flies on him i gave him grain thru gate jim put lead rope on him back in barn i combed him out fly spray but once in the barn no flies boy likes his nice cool fly free barn. he likes treats too. jim took out extension cord i do not have anything hooked on it yet but its in the barn hearing thunder very dark out  good i hope your neg test again will be acceptable for mary. sometime when she wants to do something you should be busy.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #27398 on: September 23, 2023, 05:23:37 PM »

Pumpkin Farm ...  42:31     95°  (2:40 pm)    Clear, sunny sky and windy.

I hope your day is moving along as you had hoped it would.

Hi Cal     You are doing so much more than I am, and have more space to manage.  I am grateful that my electric bill is what it is.

Hi Joho     That last suggestion from Cal is pretty good, it made me smile.  I'm glad that you tested negative. 
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27399 on: September 24, 2023, 05:13:48 AM »

hi you guys its 47 in ice 79 in kviv 65 here 70 in the barn. we never got any hail here yay got some heavy rain but that was it. no high wind no tornados no lighting weather channel really had us worried we went back out and hooked up everything in the barn undid extension cord. i got heavy tarps over front sliding door in the barn two of them and a raccoonies gets under it thru the area that is not stapled down and sleeps there like a big hammock. maybe she tries to figure out how it does that a big huge box filled with hay sits at one corner of that door and she lays on that box now a big bale of hay sits on that box and she gets on top of that hay.

hi joho i was watching your buckeyes last night night fell sleep i just googled the game saw buckeyes beat ND 17-14 did you watch it?

hi neva well i tell you it gets harder for me to do all this stuff and i have a time getting my breath at times. i got lots to do so day goes by pretty fast i am looking forward to clock going back one hour i will have an extra hour and i will try to use it wisely.  i know i wish joho would tell barbie im busy just one time and when she questions that and she will just say i got plans leave it at that.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/FF055D50582C?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27400 on: September 24, 2023, 09:58:13 AM »

5:15  Somebody on here was dragging their feet to make me look good I suspect. LOL
Was I really that whiney that you all are telling me to retaliate.  I will not, because life is too short for that.  Think about it.  Like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
 No, I will just be patient and take what I can get.  Maybe fill the gaps elsewhere.
It happened again today.  We spent hours talking about who would drive and why.  Then at midnight we can't go, too busy. I asked how come.
 Then, because it conflicted with the days numerous car texts, I waited two hours to hear for sure we can't go today. I went to bed at 2am not knowing.  Finally when I got up at 8 am I saw, "yes, we cannot go".  This text was sent at 5am.
 Something is wrong, but I don't know yet what it is.  I hope it is just miscommunication, and not something more serious..
Still I will wait and hope for the best. She has a pure heart and helps a lot of people in many ways every day.  She is worth waiting for, and I want to do something nice for her for a change.  She deserves it.
Well Frostville and my history lesson will be waiting. So I will hit the trail.  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #27401 on: September 24, 2023, 10:07:11 AM »

Cal, I forgot to tell you something.  Yes I was anxiously watching the Buckeyes trying to keep close to Notre Dame. Wow, what a defensive show down. 
However, I fell asleep in the fourth quarter, if you can believe that.  Mary woke me with a text just a few minutes before the game ended. Thanks to her, I got to see the most significant few seconds of play for this entire game. 
Yay for Ohio State and yay for Mary.
Now I gotta go for sure.
Your friend Johoward

calihoula

« Reply #27402 on: September 24, 2023, 10:33:22 AM »

hi joho i think you do plenty for her kansas jayhawks won jim watched it won 38 to 27 they are 4-0 finally having a good football team last year too my kstate wildcats won too 44-31 i did not watch it chores i did watch last quarter of ras clemson tigers against florida state what a game it was tied 24-24 and clemson field goal kicker makes his first field goal 30 yards first quarter then two more points they said but tied and he has a chance to win it 30 yard field goal and he missed his parents watching i felt so bad for him team mate patted him on the back so ot we go and clemson lost the game chiefs today

calihoula

« Reply #27403 on: September 24, 2023, 05:10:47 PM »

hi you guys i missed almost all of the first half of game saw pieces we are winning 34-0  we are on fire showed up in stadium private suite kelce mom and taylor swift there rootin for chiefs kelce he said to her i came and saw you rock arrowhead now you come see me rock it she is there.  :)

calihoula

« Reply #27404 on: September 24, 2023, 05:26:01 PM »

td kelce taylor swift yelling announcer said this may be the first time that mahomes not the favorite player