Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1123526 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27315 on: September 06, 2023, 01:52:24 PM »

okay mr kitty was very good in the car he could see me listen to news on radio ac on. get there and i went in megan came out got mr kitty lots of people waiting for doc all dogs mr kitty only cat little scotty terrior a big american bull dog man kissing his dog his boy was very handsome mom two little kids with scotty kids were unruly happy when they went in exam room man with his brittany he was telling him sit down sit down no sit down i was thinking well my two nutty girls penny brownie they do know sit down i dont say a word just hold my hand up like stop sit right down young man with huge dog he was very polite young man too. so now in exam room i saw a coffee cup said im a veteranria im a veteronarin im a veterian im a dog doctor so he exam mr kitty said he truly believes nothing is broken no need to spend 120.00 for an xray i knew mr kitty could not walk or stand if broken but you know be sure i said torn ligament he said dont think so and i could not diagnosis that he said cats are smarter than dogs on injuries the cat will not over do anything do just what it has too dog run here there act up cat rest itself let it heal he thought mr kitty has inflammation in shoulder leg he gave him a pain shot and for inflammation will last three days let him know how is doing. megan took him out to my car it was 57.00 place is always packed. so mr kitty slept all the way home i got home let dogs out let cats in the garage got carrier on scooter back in my office sweetness overjoyed to see mr kitty and me open door he walked out and saw sweetness got a drink laid down with no growling just laid down. so i feel better knowing for now he is not in any pain or discomfort.

neva i hope you are better its aggravating to me to of fallen i try really hard to be careful but sometimes big hyper dogs are danger zone at times mules too cats darting out are too we live on the edge neva  :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 01:54:17 PM by calihoula »
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #27316 on: September 06, 2023, 05:58:09 PM »

mr kitty is so much better came in from barn went to feed him sweetness both up came to door ate jim opened the door well hi there buddy kitty went out across hall to jims room walking perfect i said he is suppose to rest so back in his room he ate more got a drink litter box laid back down i called vet office told megan he is so much better she was so happy i told her tell doc thanks and thank you guys for being so nice to me and mr kitty
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #27317 on: September 06, 2023, 07:17:31 PM »

Mountain Shed ...  29:13    102°  (5:02 pm)   Sunny, clear and quite breezy. 

Cal   I am glad to hear that Mr. Kitty is doing so much better, I hope it continues.   
 I'm sorry to hear that you fell.  I try to be careful too, but sometimes it happens.  I cannot get up by myself.  🫤

Joho    I'm glad to hear you got to enjoy that Orchestra.  It is especially nice in an open air venue.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27318 on: September 07, 2023, 05:11:50 AM »

hi you guys its 62 here 50 in ice 72 in kviv i had been wondering where my big metal container that was my moms full of buttons was well when i went in to feed those kittens earlier they found in on the floor tons of buttons everywhere.  >:(

hi neva when i came in my office now i had two cats at the door. mr kitty still doing so good. i hope when this shot wears off in two more days he will continue to do that. i am sorry you cant yourself up when i first get up my left knee the one all swollen all the time just does not want to work at all takes me awhile to get to the bathroom cant even get on my scooter but then it kinda works out somewhat i guess.  when i have to get down on the ground i use something to push myself back up and i always thank god i was able to do that. when i cannot i will have to have to get something done.  :( very good your family lives with you. is it parkinsons that keep you unable to get yourself up?  i saw on the world news that mitch mcconnell saying he will finish out his term did not hear him say he run again i sure hope not, and that escape prisoner stabbed his exgirlfriend to death in front of her two children still on the loose. i have a live cam up on my monitor here for mr kitty he watches it all the time its duval street in key west in front of sloppy joes. shows people all over traffic yesterday i looked up at it and two police on horseback. that was cool horses on sidewalk in front of sloppy joes. mr kitty was really watching that.

hi joho! chiefs on tonight

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/A6055D55DF93?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #27319 on: September 07, 2023, 06:11:05 AM »

neva im. getting ready to head to walmart harps get groceries worried you cant get yourself up if you fall do you have a life alert button are you ever left alone keep your phone on you all stuff that i do not do i know but for now can get back up but i am careful i know you are too we got the big dogs yours puppy like kinda like sweets unruly.

johoward

« Reply #27320 on: September 07, 2023, 04:04:39 PM »

4:49
Yes!!!! Football I know. Debbie told me to get ready for KC and Lions tonight on Channel 3 at 8PM. She said we have to root for the underdog, because that is what she does.  I told her my friend Cal would not be happy hearing that.  You are realistic though and know that if Chiefs can't beat the Lions, sorry RA, they have not been practicing enough.  Also I hear Kelce and Patrick maybe out for this game.  So there is a chance for the underdog.
I really have been hearing a lot about falling on here lately.  That is a very serious thing for our little group.  Let's do more to prevent falls please.  Falls are the leading cause of DEATH for us.  I want to go before any of you do, and I am not ready by at least 2 to 5 years.  I have several things on my bucket list still.  Riding my Yamaha is one.  Can't talk about the others in public. 
I did share with Mary and Karen some of that list.  They helped me check off two items.  Going to the outdoor concert at Blossom Music Center was one, and walking hand in hand into the setting sun on Huntington Beach in Bay Village Ohio was another.  There a lots of Lake Erie sunsets still on that list.  Also, there are many evening deer hunt car rides with stops at roadside produce stands for corn and tomatoes, and maybe some cucumbers and sweet bell peppers.  I love August and September evenings.
 I will miss them. My point is no more falls, please.  Oh,  I forgot Mary has a bargain card so she can get us into any movie on any Tuesday. So far we have seen two movies.  One was Barbie, no comment, and the other was Strays, YIKES!!! the foulest movie ever made, but it did have a Boston Terrier and other nice looking dogs in it.  That is why we went.
CUL my friends GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #27321 on: September 08, 2023, 05:05:35 AM »

hi you guys its 65 here 53 in ice 76 in kviv well the chiefs lost at home opener all them fans out there. i had fallen sleep cause just worn out woke up saw they lost went over to tennis saw some fan protesting police there at a tennis match

hi joho you know its not like we plan on falling and we are careful stuff just happens i hope kelce be back next game on chris jones well chiefs cant give him all the money and not have any left for other players. no comment here on seeing that barbie movie maybe when i was a little girl  never heard of strays i dont see a movie unless on tv maybe hbo and i record it watch it when i can if the movie stinks just turn it off erase it. sorry i am ready for oct. penny is too i want to get her off this pred for this digging her skin to bloody mess and she pees in my room every single night now every one and during the day if i leave her in my room pees. when we was kids my dad ran a gas station and garage worked on cars this lady who own the dickerson movie theatre gave us cards to see any movie for free and even popcorn and a movie she loved my dad working on her car. so mom took us on sat alot matinee. i had not thought of that for a long long time,

hi neva

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/17055D5C411D?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27322 on: September 08, 2023, 12:22:02 PM »

Puzzle is a hard one.  I got up late and want to get a few things done today.  So I will do the puzzle later.
 Going to the movies is new to me too Cal. Been to just one in the last many years or so, because Debbie wanted to see "Top Gun".  Now Mary wanted to see "Barbie" and "Strays".  I will do some research on the next movie I go too, but really if Mary wants me to take her, I will. LOL
Had a lovely rain just at dusk last night.  Really cooled things off.  Now over cast and cool.  Only 68 degrees at 1:21.
Now I will leave you all for a while. TGIF
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #27323 on: September 08, 2023, 04:59:13 PM »

Bridge ...  29:17    102°  (1:52 pm)   Slightly hazy... and windy.  We have a smallish fire in the mountains north of town, but not sure it is big enough to account for the haze.

I hope all is going well with all of you that stop by here.

Hi Cal     What have things come to when you see police have to show up to a Tennis match?!   

You are right, I should carry my cell phone with me, but it is usually sound asleep in my purse.  I have landline phones in the house and they are set up to  work as intercoms too.  There is usually someone here with me, so I am lucky.  Yes, it is not that we plan to fall, '**it happens', as careful as we try to be.  Balance issues and a mobility problem.  Yes, that is a part of Parkinson's, but I hadn't thought I was far enough along into that to be having as much of an issue with it yet.  I have trouble getting up by myself because I can't bare getting on my knees without a rug or something to cushion that contact.  It really hurts.  Also, I really injure my feet/toes during these episodes.  You and I just have to continue to be as careful as we can.  I am with you Cal, where Barbie is concerned.  lol!  I wouldn't mind seeing the 'Oppenheimer' movie though, that they were promoting then.

Hi Joho     Glad to hear that getting out and around with your two friends is working out for you.  Companionship can be important.  I have a widowed friend who found it difficult not to hear another human voice in her home.  She has lately broadened her circle of friends and is so much happier.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #27324 on: September 08, 2023, 07:47:46 PM »

Nice evening here.  Just got back from taking Debbie to the Greek Church Gyro fund raiser.  We loved the way they do it and how it all tastes.  Especially the fries.  Debbie's did not make it home.  So I shared mine with her.  I had a late lunch.  So it was no sacrifice for me.
I went to dinner with her instead of Mary or Karen , because we are now sharing her cold from Monday.  We are both "on the couch" for the evening.  She at her place, and me at mine.  I will try to reach out to my friends through the evening, but it is Friday night.
Cal so sorry really to hear the Chiefs gave it up at the end. I fell asleep too. Lions seem to be a real thing this season.
 Way to go RA. Ra must be thrilled.  She rooted for the lions all the time.  Finally she can be happy.  I hope.  Debbie says the Browns play on Sunday at 1PM.  I will try to see them.  My Comcast, Spectrum, Warner, or whatever is so frustrating.  Always screwed up in some way.  I go weeks without the Weather Channel, and they do nothing.  They keep saying try again later.  They say they will issue a credit , but they never do. They suck! Now I hear some of my neighbors are calling them and receiving a $15 credit on their bill.  Other say they received a $10 credit.  They say they have to call each MONTH! How long does it take to fix what ever is wrong?
Debbie got a settlement card from Ohio Edison, but she will not use it because their is a clause about a $2 per month inactivity fee she feels will eventually cost her something.
 I used mine to buy bread, etc..  It was only about $9.89.  Karen used hers to buy us dinner at Corszo's.  It only paid a small part.  It was a credit of $7.51 about. What a farce.  They should have just put it on our bill.
I hope I don't lose this post while I go do the puzzle.  I will post it then add puzzle time later. CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #27325 on: September 08, 2023, 07:56:03 PM »

I did good on bridge.  It pays to work at night I guess.  I got 5:34 while the avg. is 6:07.  How surprising. I think I will rest a while bye for now EV1 GBU

calhound

« Reply #27326 on: September 09, 2023, 05:17:12 AM »

Daisy Here With Cubs, Too - UPDATE September 8, 2023

Daisy by L. Kennedy
Today, 12-year-old Daisy (Shadow, RC, Bow, Daisy) added to the stream of mothers by showing up with three cubs, two females and a male. That leaves one more possibility, 5-year-old Chloe who is due for cubs this year, to show up and set a record of 16 clan mothers in a single year. Last year was a good food year, making it likely Chloe would have cubs with her if she shows up somewhere.

The picture Lorie took of Daisy is an excellent ID picture even if the ears are cut off. She was focusing on Daisy’s blaze and the line of white under her chin that we know her by. Nice.

No shots heard yet! Thankful.

And thank you for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #27327 on: September 09, 2023, 05:38:20 AM »

hi you guys its 54 here 46 in ice 70 in kviv 65 in the barn what another great update! daisy such a cute bear and no shots again!!  but i know still murdering time and just when you thought it was safe to go outside but looks like it will be good news for the bears hope it is for animals.

hi neva i got those issues too balance knee pain but able to push myself up course helps to have something to push up on. i do so pushing up. my toes such a mess pain they feel better with socks and shoes on. barefoot not an option for me.  yesterday my knee was so bad took me a long time to get out of bed and to the bathroom i iced last night and this morning it feels better kneeling down to do litter boxes is hard and i got lots of boxes to clean. kittens box is full after all night and they are all over me feed me pet me let me bite you let me dig into your ankles.

hi joho oh ra is a huge chiefs fan she loves patrick but esp travis kelce no no not for the lions at all she was upset chiefs lost that. i am sure clark hunt not happy i saw a picture last part of that game kelce and patrick no happy faces there. we have not had nexstar in two months off the air cause they wanted a fortune and so directv not showing it we can it on over the air it is a free station downstairs mom cats have a tv on and it is regular tv and i can see it down there. i heard your station also having same issues with disney which carries lots of channels want tons of money so cut off and dish having issues too wanting more money see i think directv should give us back our station at their cost not mine. last movie i went to the show to see was twilight series vampires breaking dawn part 2 went with polly and niece jeanne and i saw my cpa and his wife in there too.  no way i can go now i cannot walk on my own and be a sitting duck trapped in there and what if another nutcase came in and started shooting like that one dressed like the joker i think.  and bet the cost is really stupid now. nope got my tv got HBO. sometimes they give all the movie channel for free for a weekend how i got long riders on the western movie channel.

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/7E055D538B62?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #27328 on: September 09, 2023, 08:26:14 AM »

made a wish in 3:00

calihoula

« Reply #27329 on: September 09, 2023, 09:29:10 AM »

Fain stressed that the union plans to bargain with all three Detroit automakers — General Motors, Ford Motor Co. and Stellantis — until contracts for about 150,000 autoworkers expire next Thursday. Fain said the union hopes to have an agreement by then, but he warned that "there will be action" if an agreement isn’t reached in that time.

“So you know, the way things are going right now, it’s looking that way,” he said, referring to a potential strike. “So hopefully, you know, things can change."

The UAW backed Biden’s 2020 presidential bid, but when he asked whether Biden will get the union's endorsement again, Fain said it is standing by withholding an endorsement for now. Fain has said Biden would need to address concerns about the auto industry’s transition to all-electric vehicles, including concerns about job security, pay and organizing.

“We’ll make the decision when the time is right — when our members decide that time is right, and our leadership. And, you know, it’s a process we go through. The one thing we’ve made clear is that our endorsements are going to be earned, not freely given. It’s one thing we’re doing differently, and there’s a lot of work left to be done here.

Fain reiterated his denouncement of former President Donald Trump, referring to comments he made during his 2016 election campaign.

“I’ll never forget in the ’16 race when he spoke about workers in Michigan, union jobs and the Midwest, and said we need to do a rotation in this country, we need to move those jobs to other places that pay less money and then those people'll be begging for their jobs back for anything,” he said. “That’s not a person I want as my president.”

Fain also took issue with Trump’s recently calling on autoworkers to stop paying their union dues while criticizing union leadership in a post to his Truth Social platform this week.

“That’s not someone that represents working-class people. He’s part of the billionaire class; we need to not forget that,” he said. “And that’s what our members need to think about when they go to vote.”

The White House and Biden's campaign did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

In response to Fain’s remarks, the Trump campaign released a statement saying Trump vows to call for a repeal of Biden’s electric vehicle mandate if he is elected.

“Joe Biden’s Electric Vehicle mandate will murder the U.S. auto industry and kill countless union autoworker jobs forever," the campaign said. "There is no such thing as a 'fair transition' to the destruction of these workers’ livelihoods and the obliteration of this cherished American industry. The only acceptable policy for UAW members should be the complete and total repeal of Biden’s catastrophic EV mandate."

there are alot of ford workers that voted for trump and if trump runs again ready to vote for him again CA is one of them  i told him ca trump hates unions where would you be without your union