Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1123353 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27330 on: September 09, 2023, 10:55:50 AM »

4:35, but took two texts in the meantime.
Cal, you are really fast.
 I will remember RA is a Chiefs fan. Thanks for correcting me.  How about Rues?  Is she a football fan?  If you know.  I am teasing them to come here and straighten me out. LOL
 I thought RA was from Detroit, or somewhere in MI, because I thought she spoke of the Grey squirrels there showing up black instead of grey years before they did in Ohio or West By God Virginia. Last year some were finally reported in NY Central Park.  New Yorkers were surprised I guess.
Took a walk this morning to a nearby car show with 14 cars interesting cars.  There was a pretty wide variety. Today I am avoiding everyone due to my sniffles. Looked cool out so I put on fall clothes.  Wrong!  Cool, only 67 degrees, but humid and now I am sweaty. Put shorts and T back on. May go out again just to keep active.  Been sitting too much lately.
I am thinking of going to The Wilds, Google it, soon with somebody, but I don't know who would appreciate the animals there as much as I do.  It is a long ride from here, but the route is scenic and hilly.  The last time I took Joan and poor little Nick.  I did not know then that he gets car sick.  It must have been awful for him, but he did not complain much.  Well almost lunch time here by the South Shore.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #27331 on: September 09, 2023, 04:14:02 PM »

hi joho ra grew up in mi but been in sc for long long time she loves chiefs esp kelce rues does not like football her husband crow does he loves it likes college better his mountaineers. he got a bad sore on his his arm i think thought spider bite dr treating it its been there for awhile getting better. i thought i saw on weather channel might be humid and warm for you hot and humid on east coast  walmart has the flu shot so going to try to get it monday at nine am when pharmacy opens tuesday city dr foster see if he can to a bone graft on broken implant tooth. when i was a kid i found out at carnival i get motion sickness rides going round and round urp my mom had it. poor nick if i read in the car i get motion sickness. jims union paper talking about strike picket line says do not show up drinking fired do not bring your pet well i would hope people dont do that but you know all three auto striking first time in history for that.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #27332 on: September 09, 2023, 05:30:28 PM »

Wishes ...   23:13      106°   (2:43 pm)   Sunny, clouds and a bit of a breeze.  Monsoon, apparently, is done with.

I hope all is well with all of you today.

Hi Cal  ...  You are smarter than me, you attempt to protect your feet.  I wear Birkenstocks.  Can't stand closed in shoes. 
Anyway, I'm sorry your team  (Chiefs) didn't win.  I had thought that I heard someone say that they had won.

Joho   We have a family of Grey Squirrels living out back here.  I have never seen a black Squirrel.   
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #27333 on: September 09, 2023, 06:36:26 PM »

Hi you guys.
Neva, I think if you google Snowman Cam in Gaylord MI you will see grey squirrels.  Some of which will be black.  Also you may see bears, racoon, turkeys, porcupines, lots of birds and once in a while deer and flying squirrels too. The tall table almost 100% eliminated deer sightings here.  MI law forbids feeding deer.  They hope to reduce transfer of bacteria from deer to deer to stifle wasting disease.  They used to scatter lots of corn on the ground, and lots of deer would come here.  Turkeys, squirrels, birds and raccoon easily get up on that tall table to eat.
Anyway RA< Rues and I compared black squirrel sightings a while back, and it was interesting to note the gradual migration of the black phase from North to South.
Now I need to go cook again.  Sure miss my cook. Bye for now EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27334 on: September 10, 2023, 05:25:43 AM »

hi you guys its 58 here 45 in ice 69 in kviv and 62 in the barn

hi neva well i got to wear covered shoes my old old tennis shoes times they hurt my feet but i got to wear them. when i lay down leave my socks on got to have my socks on. yes shoes do help protect my toes from dogs etc. if i stub my toe and no shoe on bout pass out from the pain. well chiefs were ashamed they lost going forward to next game. i heard on the radio taking a family of four to a chiefs cost 1,000.00 but you know food out there really expensive you dont have to eat out there you can eat later.  yesterday i noticed calis side of face swollen bump i thought maybe a bad tooth and she does not like being messed with like that. i got her on my bed cali get on the bed she did then i had to like lay down on her side she fought it i did not want her to get upset and her breathing at times kinda hard i went to open her mouth but my hand was wet and it was bloody wet and i saw red pus from her bump on her skin. i pushed it and came out i knew what it was i had got on her for chasing cats in my room but i got some cats that like to pop other cats and she got popped and she blew her top and went after that cat cat scratch did that. i treated it put her on anitbiotics and this morning it looks good last night cat tried to pop her and cat got popped.

hi joho i remember once time when i grew up in kansas saw a black squirrel in our front yard mom put out lots of food for them. you are a good cook and then you also have leftovers. you like leftovers. i sure would like to see a bear at snow esp one knocking over the table.  :)

hi alice

gb urkaine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/21055D5CAFC3?z=0
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 05:31:27 AM by calhound »
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27335 on: September 10, 2023, 08:29:27 AM »

9:00  I think I was sleeping at times while doing puzzle.  Will go now and take a nap.  Been up a while.  No Mary on today's agenda.  She has plans with neighbor lady and other men friends.  May hear from Karen later about The Wilds.
  Just rest now and go watch Browns with Debbie at 1PM.  Will go try to see migrating monarchs near Cleveland after the game.  She has heard of a rest stop there.
Need to rest now. GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27336 on: September 10, 2023, 11:45:45 AM »

4:52 on norway house

good luck today brownies!
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #27337 on: September 10, 2023, 04:31:34 PM »

Lake House ...  30:32     109°  (2:11 pm)    Sunny w/ clouds to the east.  Breezy.

Hi Alice and everyone else that stops by.  I hope all is well.

Hi Cal ...  I am glad to hear that Calli is doing alright.  Yes, a cat can really do a job on a dog.  Been through that a number of times.  But the same is true with the dogs.  We have been working on letting Harlow understand she is not to chase Eden around the house.  Luckily, Eden has not really gone after Harlow, but she is pissed off.

Hi Joho  ...   Are the Monarchs on their way to Mexico?
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #27338 on: September 10, 2023, 11:28:35 PM »

Hi EV1.  Yes Neva the Monarchs are on their way South. I am not sure if these same little creatures can get all the way to Mexico.  I have read different stories about them.  Some say it takes several generations to complete the migration.  Hearing this, I wonder how they keep track of who goes where.  I know that for many years I have seen National Geographic pictures annually of trees in Mexico loaded to the breaking point with many Monarchs.
 Thanks Cal for Brownies good luck wish.  It worked!  They had a great game.
I did talk briefly to Mary.  She was not busy, but did not want to see me today. I am not sure why. She did not say.  I guess I will just wait until I see her on Thursday as planned.
 Did not hear from Karen either. I asked her to look into a visit to The Wilds, and let me know if she wants to go there.  No response. I will just wait and see what comes next.
In the mean time I am here with you all, and liking it just fine.  I need to write a text about my visit to the bear research course before the 14th.  I will try to get that done tomorrow.
For now I will say Good Night and GBU.  Also GB Ukraine.

johoward

« Reply #27339 on: September 10, 2023, 11:44:11 PM »

I just looked in on Snowman cam.  On the table I could barely make out what appeared to be a raccoon.  While I watched, it climbed down and apparently ran off.  The lighting and picture quality has gotten so bad I cannot see anything clearly.
If you scroll down the Snowman page you can see some nice archived pictures of deer and bear from other visits.
 When the bear family visits here the first thing they usually do is knock down the bird feeder and run off camera with it. The smaller bears have been seen climbing up onto the table.  When the larger bears try this the table usually falls over. Sometimes it takes Mr. Snowman with it. So if someday you sign in there and see such destruction you will know the bears have paid us a visit.
Good Night again my friends. POOF

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27340 on: September 11, 2023, 05:24:21 AM »

hi you guys its 65 here 45 in ice 73 in kviv and 71 in the barn

hi neva cali was pissed off too at that cat blew her top cause that hurt. hope you can teach harlow we do NOT chase cats we leave them alone.  dont want the dog to tear  up the cat either. why cant everyone just get along.  i was going to get my flu shot this morning at walmart but maybe wait till wed tomorrow is dr foster down in the city need to mow the dogs yard may do that this morning also will need groceries i  swear

hi joho i saw last part of brownie game yes they did good! hope chiefs do better next game i saw on the world news top 3 players and the cheetah wr dolphins now that kc traded him was on the top 3 list. good for him. i read about that monach migration clear down to mexico amazing all animals travels amazing turkey vultures too. hope god watches over all of them helps them.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/5A055D58B82F?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #27341 on: September 11, 2023, 11:32:26 AM »

hi you guys well been raining here of course jim mows indys pasture and whole back pasture looks so nice so i went to walmart got few groceries got my flu shot sat by an old man he was telling me all the meds he takes now about his daughter dogs when they opened he said so nice talking to you i told him same. they did not say anything to me about last year getting just one shingle shot  :) old man said he only got one but gets one every year oh i dont think so for me once is enough. so tomorrow dr foster hope to mow real early first wed order groceries pick up i got a small container of strawberry icecream for tomorrow night. saw north korean evil one on his way to meet other evil one putin give ammo well probably not give big price will be ukraine people getting hit by it

calihoula

« Reply #27342 on: September 11, 2023, 11:34:48 AM »

She got her dad to carry her doll
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 11:36:33 AM by calihoula »

neva

« Reply #27343 on: September 11, 2023, 04:49:50 PM »

Donkey Cart ...  25:20       101°   (2:26 pm) Mostly overcast, somewhat windy ...  nice day so far.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Hi Cal   That is a cute picture of Caroline and her dad.  Can you believe, she is our Ambassador to Australia now?
You may have made that old fellow's day, just sitting and talking with him.   :)      I got two Shingle's shots and was led to believe that the two were all that was needed.  That first one was so painful!  - but worth it not to actually get Shingles.  My daughter, Susan, had a bout of Shingles, it was very unpleasant.

Hi Joho     I guess I shall have to finally watch the Snowman Cam, I never have yet.
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #27344 on: September 11, 2023, 05:43:26 PM »

hi neva getting ready to eat pizza lay down cats already wanting to be next to me yes very cute picture and so cool she is ambassor to australia now. shame about her brother john well i just got one shingle shot so im kinda protected yes you shall have to watch snows cam lol you might get to see a bear knock over that table and they dress up snow and ms goose with different clothes halloween coming up use to see porky porcupine joho is porky still there?