Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1123679 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27270 on: August 25, 2023, 05:16:35 AM »

hi you guys its 81 here 55 in ice 81 in kviv 74 and cool in the barn  i was hoping this was the last 100 plus day but will be hot again tomorrow but not as hot they say. 90 add in humidity still too hot but rain is coming so maybe that will help out sunday 80 for high 66 at night nice lucy picking her kids of male bear too bad that will not last. she should pick her kids.

kitchen coyotes howling where is our mom we cant stand to have our mom outta of our sight.

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/54055D4B9D10?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27271 on: August 25, 2023, 06:40:41 AM »

4:41 WOW! Gonna be a good day. Rain has stopped.  Molly is coming home after her checkup. Mary will be back in town.
Now to get some coffee and pills and cereal and the paper with day old news.
GBU EV1 CUL also GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #27272 on: August 25, 2023, 09:45:16 AM »

jim asked me about that portable ac deal in indys area by his water tank yes jim keep it there he said thought you said indy dont like it he dont when i had it on cant hear it at all but really blows out cold air he dont like that but big ac goes out in the barn he will like it back up jim has another one of those much bigger one in his shop the ac he is going to put in sat is franks customer for long time dads he is 96 i said omg does he have a dog yes and that dog loves him very much omg what if old man die will frank take that dog oh yes him and wife will jim had the old ac going trying to keep it going till sat so he was asking about indys but no got a bigger one you can take the barn ac quits heat would kill indy sweets no they come first old man has a window unit in his bedroom now so if jim cant get mans old ac unit going again put that big portable in kitchen said it will cool kitchen livingroom bathroom then start working on taking out old unit put new one in tomorrow morning get our big portable back when new one in its our backup cause this heat is dangerous. this old man lives in his own house with his dog frank checks on him
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #27273 on: August 26, 2023, 04:57:28 AM »

A Nice Pontoon Ride on a Nice Day - UPDATE August 25, 2023

Common Loon
Today, Paula Mair and her husband Ray who she has nicknamed “Rescue Ray” because he can fix anything, joined Bear Course leaders Mike Johnson and Lorie Kennedy for a pontoon ride they said was overdue. I wondered if the eaglets would still be at their nest. We headed that way with cameras ready.

Turkey vulture
Turkey vulture

A turkey vulture member of the north woods clean-up team, cruised by making me wonder if it had been cleaning up a moose that was killed by a car just two miles away.

Bald Eaglet
Bald Eaglet

Arriving at the eagle nest, we heard an eaglet we couldn’t see. The sound was coming from the direction of Lily’s shoreline den where Hope was born, so we headed there to show Ray and Paula the den. On the way back, there was the eaglet giving its call mostly hidden in the top of a shoreline white pine. When it eventually leaped into flight, maybe still testing its wings with its somewhat awkward flight, it circled over us and gave a wave of its spread tail as it banked off to land on its nest.

Mallard Male swimming

Mallard Male flying
Mallard Male

A bright moment was a male mallard in summer plumage that swam by calmly and closely gave us a good look at the yellow bill that identifies him as a male in any plumage. Then, leaping into flight, he revealed his bright blue wing patches that had been hidden.

As a finale, a loon that was diving to catch fish paused its hide and seek to take a preening break that showed the striking black and white pattern of its back and wings.

No bears, beavers, or other mammals, but what we saw was more than enough. A nice time.

Thank you for all you do and a big thank you to all the volunteers who make so much possible.

Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #27274 on: August 26, 2023, 05:06:28 AM »

hi you guys alice you are one of the guys its 76 here rain on the way they say but said that before and no rain still when i went out to the barn the wind was really blowing hard and cool air lighting all over the skies but now no lighting and no big wind feels humid. have not watch local weather it starts at 5 am 57 in ice 87 in kviv  update very nice pictures i could of done without hearing about a car that killed a moose hope they damaged up their car course car can be replace moose cannot.  jim got that ac working again for that old man and his dog. today he will put in the new one i will go to the store no pickup try to walk it with a cart need to mow but cant do both same day and all my other chores besides could rain.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/12055D55A7D2?z=0

gb ukraine gb maui gb all animals and gb all of us

johoward

« Reply #27275 on: August 26, 2023, 07:45:44 AM »

6:20  I had cold left over pizza for breakfast. Blood sugar is high, 168, from late ice cream. Deb and cousin Tammi will be here for lunch at 11:30.  Mary went out with her son last night. Nice out here this morning.  67 degrees at 8:41 am.  May do some floor swifferring with wet solution. Did a dry one yesterday.
 Matter of fact I will get that started now. Thanks for being here.
 Bye EV1 CUL GBU and GB Ukraine.

neva

« Reply #27276 on: August 26, 2023, 03:45:09 PM »

House Colors ...  22:56     99°  (12:27 pm)   "partly sunny"  windy.  I love the sound of the windchimes, especially the Bamboo ones.  All these Arizonans seem to know how to talk about is the weather ...  right?  lol!

Yes Alice, you are one of us, and I'm hoping that your day is going well.

Hi Cal    It wouldn't take much more in the way of clouds to make this an overcast day, which I would love.  Sometimes I feel like there is entirely too much sunshine out here.  It rained last evening, but I don't expect it at my house, today.  Who knows?

Hi Joho     I wish I could look at the thermometer out back and see something like 67° ... oh well, eventually I will.  Maybe the end of October.  Before we know it, we'll be back into all the holidays. 
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27277 on: August 27, 2023, 04:52:05 AM »

hi you guys its 67 here 53 in ice 90 in kviv and 73 in the barn i saw that wagner leader prigo zhin  was on the passenger list of crashed jet. ra was suprised someone has not gotten putin since he was well liked well i can think of thousands of lives  putin took those relative and friends wish nothing but putin finally being put to rest so to speak. and of course he denies it so easy for some to lie.

hi neva i woke up and thought i saw it was like 79 there for you but maybe i did not first waking up clearing cats off of me dogs parked right up against me. i hope you got some rain. we got some yesterday morning not a lot but some i went to walmart and walked it got lots of big stuff came out and two men wanted to help me load it up but i said thats okay i can get it. are you sure yep i loaded it up went over to harps went in there heidi was working she is bakery decorates cakes really has talent i like her very much happy to see her cause on the weekend different people i think for next week no 100 days i hope so.

hi joho

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/82055D5352EE?z=0

neva

« Reply #27278 on: August 27, 2023, 03:01:46 PM »

Beacon ...  21:51     103°  (12:44 pm)    Sunny w/ puffy clouds to the east.  'Alexa' says, "... no chance of rain today".
       (later  5pm --  108° )

I hope things are going well with all of you today.

Hi Cal    you were probably right, it does go down into the 70s here at night, I guess I need to get up a whole lot earlier in order to enjoy that.  lol!  Once upon a time, I used to be a morning person -  4:30 am, most days.   

That Wager guy was just another thug like Putin from all I have heard.

Hi Joho. 

« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 05:59:58 PM by neva »
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #27279 on: August 27, 2023, 05:26:39 PM »

hi neva i heard that too on wagner maybe ra meant other thugs liked him i get up at 2:45 or 3 am wake up watch little of world news eating now well in a minute lay down go to bed early sometimes i wake up and its only nine i think wow i can go back to sleep hard sleep. good your temps go down give stuff a break. i came in from the barn heard a crash said to dogs wonder what that was checked kittens they knocked down big metal coffee can on shelf full of washers bolts old halloween candy pins from long ago ford i dont want to strike but i will oh all auto did vote yes to strike sept 14 my big picture of niece jeanne in a glass frame on the floor but not broke i picked it kittens were scared of her picture i will have to tell her she will laugh over that stuff everywhere i told them you little bastards i got down on the floor picked it all up put it elsewhere that last kitten we finally got in live trap doing better lets me pet him from the back pet his head some he purrs loud like his brothers and mom im happy he is happy but boys leave my stuff alone dogs all asleep going to eat this little cheese pizza lay down  i hope you had a good day neva xoxo
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #27280 on: August 28, 2023, 05:00:22 AM »

hi you guys its 57 here  :) 53 in ice 93 in kviv 65 in the barn.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/17055D4F85DB?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27281 on: August 28, 2023, 08:27:50 AM »

5:26 Cool out. 60 degrees at 9:04. looks very nice again.
Had a busy day .  Went to several stores for bargains.  Got grapes for $.88 per lb.  Gave some to Mary to freeze.  Got a watermelon for $2.99.  Shared it with Debbie, Lorrie, Mary, and Lisa.  Still have some in fridge to share at home.  When I asked Lorrie if she wanted some, she said yes and for me to come over and get some nice noodle and kielbasa casserole.  I ate the whole thing.  Noodles just seem to not fill me up.  Then I took Debbie some melon for her to share today with her charges, Nick, Odin, and Bash.  Then I asked Mary if she would go deer sighting with me.  To my delight she said YES!  So I had to cut my visit with Debbie short, because it was already getting a little late.  We did get out into the country just in time though.  We saw lots of deer in the soybean fields and meadows.  We saw so many that I lost count.  We saw a lot of bucks this trip.  Some were very impressive with huge  thick racks.
We wound up at the horse corral in the Metro Park at dark and had to scoot to keep from seeing the ranger up close again.  What a joy to be out and about with Mary.  She was a little less competitive with deer sightings than usual.  Usually I have no chance of keeping up with first sightings, because I am driving and looking at the road while she can constantly scan the fields.
Little Molly is healing nicely from her eye surgery.  She is so cooperative for Mary while she administers five different meds.  Just an ideal patient.  Her new little sister, Maggie the Boston puppy, is careful not to jar her.
Well I did finally get home and get a good nights sleep.
Don't know what today will bring. CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calhound

« Reply #27282 on: August 29, 2023, 04:59:42 AM »

hi you guys its 62 here 53 in ice and 93 in kviv

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/89055D5271DF?z=0

johoward

« Reply #27283 on: August 29, 2023, 08:35:48 AM »

5:55 I am very average today. Did not see Mary yesterday.  I wanted to, badly, but she would not answer her phone so I went out and about on my own. Wondering if I should have tried harder to get ahold of her.  Later I found out she was otherwise occupied for most of the afternoon and evening. I still don't know why she could not pick up her phone.  Today I will just go on my way, and be surprised if any contact emerges.
I am frustrated to say the least. 
It is again a very nice August morning here by the southern shore of Lake Erie.  61 degrees and sunny.  I will walk and /or ride today somewhere.  The professional grasscutters are out roaring around the neighborhood.  They will probably be breaking siding and pipes as usual.  I really dread hearing them out there.  I often go away so I do not have to listen to them.  I think I will do that soon.  I will go out now to see what to wear.  Bye for now EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

johoward

« Reply #27284 on: August 29, 2023, 09:08:00 AM »

Just looked in on those Dane puppies. My they have grown.  Some seem to be missing. The rest are having a lot of fun romping around.