Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1123823 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27240 on: August 19, 2023, 05:47:35 AM »

4:34 Good morning EV1.  Very cool here in Ohio.  Only 55 at 6:42.  This is the kind of weather I have come to expect for August.
Was on my own all day yesterday.  So I don't have much to report today.  Mostly napping, and that is all I have to say about that.
Need to get Debbie and Patty from Cleveland Hopkins at 10:30 PM. I am ready for her to be home.  Plus she has a good friend, Luann, from Kentucky waiting at her home to see her.
I am well though and hope you all are too.  Bye for now. GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #27241 on: August 19, 2023, 09:56:36 AM »

2:50  hi joho nice temp for you its 77 real feel 87 here heat moving in i am in my room on a break ate rest of my strawberry shake it was in the freezer we got new truck back tuesday from collison bob looks great perfect got there they were washing it buffing it out so we went down the road to little dari d just sell drinks icecream no diet dr pepper diet coke i passed but got smallstrawberry shake jim got vanilla cone should of gotten one for collison bob. i only drank little on way home ate some yesterday rest just now. jim took big mower for tractor yesterday get a belt put on loaded it on trailer be doing hay him and justin. not sure when. i got indy sprayed down some flies in the barn combed out he looks good all slick and shiny. maybe went his area he ran her out i chewed him out for that. hope ac still does good out there. we are saving up to buy another generax generator for barn so power goes out it too will auto come on run everything in the barn. i would like to hear about debbies trip you have to go late to get them well late to me.
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27242 on: August 19, 2023, 05:01:30 PM »

LOL It is late to me too!  Patty The Planner apologized repeatedly for the awful late hour of 10:30PM.  LOL little do they know the first evening I met Mary we talked until at least 2 AM.  The very next evening we drove along the lake shore until after 10 PM, and talked in her kitchen until after 3AM.
 Her family was very worried about her, because her car was in the drive.  Her lights were mostly on, and everything else looked as if she was home.  Plus she did not notice any calls all evening.  They thought the worst had happened to her, when it was really the best evening for her in a long time.
They were mad for a couple of days. I guess.
I did not see her again today.  The day started off good but is almost done and I have not done anything I started out to do.  Saturdays are often like this.  I need to change something, but I am not sure what?  Tomorrow I will go to the fair.  It starts on Monday, but they have a lot of prefair activities this year.  I will go now to eat something.  I ate one burrito.  I have two more and no-one to give them to.  Soo I will probably eat them too.  These are Mary's favorite.  Bean and cheesy rice for only a dollar at Taco Bell.  Just my style.
TV cam on again.  I have not seen or heard them yet today.
I will say, "so long for a while that's all the songs for a while".  CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27243 on: August 20, 2023, 05:10:09 AM »

hi you guys my computer is messing up had a post would not put it up so its 80 here real feel 88 hot and humid awful when i got to the barn ac was not on i thought oh no but so cool in the barn ac shut off it was 74 and cool in there. yesterday it was almost 110 barn was 83 so barn did good again that hot today and all week hate summer was watching hillary on weather channel at 2 am saw neva it was 77 and rain hope no flooding for you or anyone.

hi joho i got to hurry computer is messed up here may need to hook my new one no time for that either

gb ukraine gb maui gb all animals and gb all of
us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/48055D54FF8B?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #27244 on: August 20, 2023, 05:55:10 AM »

hi again you guys well on my ipad went right here no problem i think chrome messed up not chrome on my ipad i lost some tabs on computer will have to see history get them back our weatherman just said today be 113 said we have that to look forward too oh yay said not just humid today but oppressive i googled that same as humid to me excessive heat no wind. poor animals poor people it is 60 sunny in ice 90 in kviv

joho i still cannot get tv cam says not available amy ries tv cam
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 05:56:51 AM by calihoula »
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27245 on: August 20, 2023, 06:50:55 AM »

TV on NOW

calhound

« Reply #27246 on: August 20, 2023, 08:17:08 AM »

OKAY will try it

got it thanks joho
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #27247 on: August 20, 2023, 08:37:45 AM »

Darn Lost my long reply.  Time was ok I think. LOL Lost that too. I do know TV changed from what looked and sounded like live to a brown note saying waiting for Amy. 
Mary is hurt and is isolating herself to heal.  I have offered to help all I can, but she is very confident and independent.  I can only pray for her comfort, and I do.  Probably will not see her today.
Bye for now EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #27248 on: August 20, 2023, 01:42:14 PM »

hi you guys fed the dogs the cats on a short break then barn again its 81 in the barn so hot but there is some wind. it always gets windy here after 12 pm

joho sounds like maybe mary does not share your thoughts on having to see her every day. preseason football should be on today next sat chiefs vs brownies

calihoula

« Reply #27249 on: August 20, 2023, 05:18:50 PM »

the barn got up to 83 it is 110 watching local news tomorrow be 115 i could cry humidity is so awful biden going to maui tomorrow. cooling centers open all over call numbers police gladly do welfare check now you see someone left their kid or pet in a car you can break their window call 911 i think you should also get hit person that did that in the head.  i had calis collar on her hearing not good at times hit vibrate get her back in brownie penny act like they cant hear i yell at them oh ok we is coming beg a big dog with fat and fur to come in ac house no get your butt in here now while i was on the deck calling cali i was looking for scout and his family like eleven now and an eagle flew over indys pasture but really keep on flying got little raccoonie although they got all the relatives that stay close but other little animals just scout and his posse need to be here. i think jim went to do hay with justin they are doing big round bales elsewhere no picking up like square bales still so hot at least days are getting shorter once sun goes down ac in barn really cools barn down  down to 74 low tonight 76 we are under excessive heat warning till friday i got to order groceries pick up in morning
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 05:20:52 PM by calihoula »

johoward

« Reply #27250 on: August 20, 2023, 09:58:06 PM »

Next Saturday! Watch out Chiefs.  Browns are coming for you. LOL
Thanks Cal.  I will try to see that game.  My tv does not get much sports.  Maybe I can watch at Debbie's or Mary's or Billie's or a bar or some place. I will try to see the game.
Heat was not too bad today.  Was warm and sticky though.  I was at the county fair watching harness racing.  All the horses did well.  They really like to run. One winner showed off by rearing full up while his picture was being taken. Luckily the driver was out of the sulky at the time. No harm was done.  It was just a spunky horse wanting to get to the barn.
Cal that heat sounds awful.  Do keep things wet if you can.
Now I will get ready for bed.  Good Night EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #27251 on: August 21, 2023, 05:19:49 AM »

hi you guys its 79 here real feel is 93 it is so humid!!  56 in ice 87 in kviv 74 in the barn thanks to ac and sun not up  radio in the barn the farm  been talking to people at the mo state fair makes me sick to have a fair in august all them animals. world news at 2;30 am showing them cats and dogs and a pig heading out on a plane from maui they were burnt being treated but man they looked pretty rough. i had to get off that could not watch it huge flooding in california i sure am happy i was a kid way back when. i watched that long rider movie again well first part james youngers all real brothers in it. those carradine really like watching them david keith and robert. and the horses opened up with all of them riding the open land just so cool and then riding up to that train and jumping off onto the train.

hi joho well i know brownies coming to arrowhead next sat but i would think since its your team that your tv should have it on regular channel. a lady vet in town she does harness showing not racing she got pictures of her and her horse on the wall of her lobby. she is a very cheap and always booked up she does not do big surgery stuff just you know regular stuff shots spay her house is next door to her vet building.

hi neva i wish you would post i am worried about you saw you was getting the rain hope you are okay got your power and all.

got to pick up groceries in a bit then go over to harps and go in there get more stuff i hate this heat and this humidity this morning dogs ran out dogs ran back in. yay mom we love ac. jim took off early today they vote at the union hall to go on strike sept 14

gb maui gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us did see putin space rocket crashed into the moon now he has to tear up the moon

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/66055D50EBA2?z=0

calihoula

« Reply #27252 on: August 21, 2023, 05:46:26 AM »

johoward

« Reply #27253 on: August 21, 2023, 06:34:12 AM »

5:30
I will see Mary for just a minute today.  Looking forward to it.  I want to go to the fair again early to study the racing program and look at all the animals and their handlers. I love seeing the little kids.  They take the animals for walks around the midway among the people.  It is just too cute.
 Especially the ones with unruly pets pulling them this way and that, or just planting their feet and refusing to go near or past some perceived threat.  The sheep and goats seem to be mostly manageable, but the calves and pigs, not so much.  Some kids with smaller animals like chickens , rabbits, ducks, hamsters, and ginny pigs just walk around with the pets in their arms or in a wagon or buggy.  Saw some old friends from years ago.  Was a real treat seeing them again. I wonder who I will see today.
The Long Riders trailer was exciting to see.  I don't believe I have ever seen the movie.  What a cast!
Also I guess it was all fundamentally based on fact.  Those were the days of bad guy heroes.  Unless you happened to be in the bank on the wrong day.
Nice here this morning by the lake.  It is 72 degrees at 7:30 am.
Coffee, pills, and cereal all on board already. 
So I will get going and try to see Mary early so I can get to the fair.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #27254 on: August 21, 2023, 03:12:04 PM »

Bunny ... 26:44    93°  (12:10 pm)   Sunny w/ clouds to the east; windy.  Yesterday we got a Sprinkle storm.  Nothing but sprinkling for the length of a normal rainstorm.  The west end of this large valley gets the big storms and we in the eastside watch from a far, with envy.  When our kids were young, we used to pack them into the car, and drive over to where the storm was so we could just enjoy the rain, and for about ten years, we lived over there and experienced some amazing monsoon storms.  Rain is a very big deal here. (that is why you often find Southern Arizonans standing out it the rain for a bit)

I am sorry to hear how hot everyone is having it right now.  How perverse the weather is - we are at 93° at the moment and you are much higher.  Crazy weather all around.

Hi Cal    Sorry I didn't post yesterday.  I was sooo tired!  I'm often tired anyway, but it is also a side effect of the new medication that I'm taking.  I don't quite know if it was me or medication ?  Anyway, took a looong nap yesterday.  Am tired today too, but not as much.    It is horrible what people are doing to the survivors of Maui.  I saw how upset they are at the people trying to buy their properties.  It makes one wonder.  They suggest the fire started from the wind downing the electrical poles.  ????    Where we have seen tragedy,  others have seen opportunity.

Hi Joho     How long does the average fair run each year?  I would think it would take going every day to really see everything.  I'd love to see most everything about the animals, and about the arts and crafts, like Quilts and other things.  Here, there would be some great Mexican and Native American Jewelry and other arts.  And the food - great Mexican food.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)