Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 1125527 times)

johoward

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #27180 on: August 05, 2023, 10:00:35 AM »

5:18 good for me.  TV out of sight now. Won't see Mary again today. Shucks!
Did look in on bears.  The mound cam is now functional and can pan around the mound in back of the pens. Pretty good views. Need to go do something.  Been here too long already.
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #27181 on: August 05, 2023, 05:25:47 PM »

Paddle Boarding ...  17:23     111° (3:06 pm)    Clear skies, sunny and windy.  No rain expected.

I hope all is well with all of you.

No, I don't think either of you are crazy, or any more so than the rest of us.   😉  I have never watched the TVs, but have formed a mental vision of them from what you two have said about them.  I used to watch the Decorah Eagles on a daily basis, but that eventually slipped away after coming over to the Bears.  Thanks for all the Updates on them Cal.

Wasn't here yesterday, I had to see a new doctor.  Have to have my kidney's checked out.  According to him, they were normal last Thanksgiving, but have changed since then, so he is looking for -  'why?'   I'm not especially worried, after all, I'm 81... and didn't expect to get this far.  My main social life consists of conversing with doctors.  I am blessed to have good care, but am tired of it.  Otherwise, I am pretty happy.  It will be what it will be.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #27182 on: August 05, 2023, 06:55:53 PM »

hi neva! i thought all poop talk joho and i did crazy side i love the bears and they dont kill stuff i have not watch decorah eagles for long time kill stuff i know they got too but i cant handle it and when Dad left broke my heart not the same mom now over at walmart not on cam i love tvs love them i love scout and them they dont kill anything either i do look on at the falcon cam but looking at their box  if it showed killing i would not watch that i loved that donkey barn cam loved it but it went away. is dr going to give you something to help your kidneys? i hope you are around for a longgggggggggg time. good you see your doctor i plan to see my dentist dreading driving to the city long ways but tooth pain will get me to giddy up. i should see my doctor but all that time parking getting in there wait for buzard for long time yet if he could help me gosh neva your temo 111 hay did they remove that tree so that guy could get up the stairs to his place? bedtime for me
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27183 on: August 06, 2023, 01:39:31 AM »

Hi you guys.
2:30 just got back from Mary's.  Had a very good day with her.  She met my Debbie for a few minutes for the first time.  Was a little stressy for them both.  I am glad that is done. I expect more experiences like that.  They have a lot in common.  Dogs and gardening in particular, and me.
Good night GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #27184 on: August 06, 2023, 04:44:02 AM »

hi you guys its raining here always doing that anymore :( its 70 here says high pollen day so that is not good 56 raining in ice and 91 in kviv and 74 in the barn my little green bucket i use every day is missing. my mom got me that one easter perfect for  hauling dog food out to the barn empty that bucket that fills with water from ac i have to get groceries and when i get back will take my spot light and look inside raccoonies hay tunnel and go behind the barn and look. i have a weight gain bucket that was pearls i can use but really want that green bucket. raccoonies are a pain at times.

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/5F055D5C902E
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calihoula

« Reply #27185 on: August 06, 2023, 05:46:43 AM »

both tv kids in barn sleeping
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #27186 on: August 06, 2023, 07:20:49 AM »

6:23 Lovely.  I saw one on Deb's butterfly bush.  I sent a pic to her, and she said Darn I waited a half hour for him to come.  Now he shows up!
Slept very well starting at about 3am.  Was a long very good day thanks to Mary.
I saw one TV in door.  The other joined him in the door. I went to get my phone off charge. Took only about 2 minutes.  When I got back there was only one there.  I still have not seen the other.  Now the one walked off to the left. I can hear his steps now and then, but can't see him due to camera angle.
I hear an owl hooting in the distance.
 I need to go get my day started. 
So CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #27187 on: August 06, 2023, 01:24:39 PM »

STURGIS – The iconic Budweiser Clydesdales are coming to Sturgis this year.
The Clydesdales, an enduring symbol of the brewer’s heritage, tradition and commitment to quality, will appear at the opening ceremonies of the 83rd City of Sturgis Motorcycle Rally on Friday, Aug. 4, and again during Military Appreciation Day on Tuesday, Aug. 8.
“We’re excited to have the Clydesdales return for this year’s Rally,” said Sturgis Rally & Events Director Tammy Even-Cordell. “These majestic horses are always a huge draw with rallygoers. We look forward to their procession down our streets. They are really something to see.”
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #27188 on: August 06, 2023, 01:25:53 PM »

those motorcycles got nothing on them clydesdales nothing

calhound

« Reply #27189 on: August 07, 2023, 04:36:57 AM »

Mothers, Cubs, and More - UPDATE August 6, 2023

Jewel
Reports and photos are coming in from feeding stations several miles away where they are seeing three mothers with cubs, a bear with a wolf, and a couple males. Reports of mothers include:

Donna and cub
Donna and cub

23-year-old Donna, her two male cubs, and a shy third that is very likely a female. The picture shows Donna following the shy cub down a forest trail.
3-year-old Andrea and her two male cubs Twinkie and Cupcake plus female Snowball.
5-year-old Sallyann is with her second litter that began with 3 cubs and is now down to two. Her previous litter was when she was three in 2021.
 Wolf and Bear
Wolf and Bear
 Spanky
Spanky
Brown-colored Goldie looks especially gold lit by the rising sun at 6:29 AM.

Nice Guy gave a good look at his face a couple days ago, showing how he looks now in his mid 20’s.

It was nice to get a picture of Jewel showing how she looks now at fourteen.

Also, I liked the pensive picture of Spanky.

Goldie
Goldie
 Guy
Guy
Looking forward to the Black Bear Field Study Course that is starting tomorrow with people from as far away as England and New Zealand. Always exciting.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #27190 on: August 07, 2023, 04:46:36 AM »

hi you guys its 68 here and not raining 57 rain in ice 80 rain in ukraine. nice update jewel 14 bear and wolf  people comng far away for docs bear course.

i saw ukraines sea drone take out putins war ship that brings fuel to his troops and i saw putin hitting them back hard. looks like nato helping ukraine needs to step up or something will this ever end.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/DD055D5BB3DF?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

calhound

« Reply #27191 on: August 07, 2023, 04:48:20 AM »

both tv kids in the barn

johoward

« Reply #27192 on: August 07, 2023, 10:32:47 AM »

I saw them

neva

« Reply #27193 on: August 07, 2023, 04:02:37 PM »

Paddle Boarding ...  21:22   102°  (1:04 pm)   Slightly hazy; light breeze.   19% chance of rain - not very likely.

Hi Cal     It always amazes me that people will make such a long trip, like from New Zealand, to take one of Dr. Rogers courses.  I'm not saying it isn't worth it, but that is such a long and expensive ...  now that I think of it, it is probably an event combined with other 'to dos' on their list for the trip.

I love the Clydesdale horses.  Whenever they would show up here, we would take our kids to see them.  What a treat that was.

My daughter Susan and her husband  and my brother Heston have all gone up to attend that Sturges Rally.  Susan says, once is enough.  It was interesting.

Hi Joho     I hope all is well with you.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #27194 on: August 07, 2023, 05:54:26 PM »

hi neva! i use to clean houses when we moved up here and one house they had a pair of clydes. i gave them carrots and got to comb them out they had a yellow lab too. lady said i could help myself to anything so i got out a icecream  cup vanilla to share with the dog and saw ice cream sandwiches box looked in it and there was a bag of pot in it! shut the freezer door. wow your susan heston and husband went to sturges. if i was heading up that way i would go see crazy horse but wow they went to the bike rally. i go to the dentist at ten am in the morning and this loose implant tooth is now bowing out got a snaggletooth here.